FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > dON'T YOU JUST FECKING HATE IT WHEN..

dON'T YOU JUST FECKING HATE IT WHEN..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

yOU TYPE A LONG SENTENCE OUT WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE SCREEN (COS YOU CAN'T TOUCH TYPE) AND THEN, WHEN YOU'VE WORKED AT IT FOR LIKE HALF AN HOUR YOU LOOK UP AND THE FUCKING THING IS all IN CAPITALS!!! gRRRRRR

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

or when you havnt clicked in the writing space and realise after you have typed a message you havnt actually typed bugger all grrrrrrrrrr

Every day of my working life...!!!

grRRRR...

"or when you havnt clicked in the writing space and realise after you have typed a message you havnt actually typed bugger all grrrrrrrrrr "

Done that a few times too!

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"yOU TYPE A LONG SENTENCE OUT WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE SCREEN (COS YOU CAN'T TOUCH TYPE) AND THEN, WHEN YOU'VE WORKED AT IT FOR LIKE HALF AN HOUR YOU LOOK UP AND THE FUCKING THING IS all IN CAPITALS!!! gRRRRRR "

Be careful Wishy, you will upset the 'shoutists'.....

Who ever was the first person to equate typing in capitals with shouting?

It's not.....it's just typing in feckin' capitals!

By *hris633Man  over a year ago

oldham

Or whEN yoU keeP HiTing thE caPs loCK buTTOn wHilSt TYpiNg....grrrrRRrrR

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Its happened to me lots...you would think that they would come up with a button to sort it!

By *utty tartWoman  over a year ago

the house of sin

"or when you havnt clicked in the writing space and realise after you have typed a message you havnt actually typed bugger all grrrrrrrrrr "

i do that all bloody time lol type a message to sumone in chat n look up to send n naff all has typed

As an aside, do you know why the QWERTY lay of letter is as it is/

Many people think it's about closest letters but no. The letter A would be closer to F if that were true

It was a salesman's gimmick. The word "Typewriter" is on the top line and a salesman trying to sell the then 'new' technology could bash it out in his/her demonstration. Check it out

If only people would pay money for useless information I'd be very rich indeed (;-)

By *uby In StockingsTV/TS  over a year ago

Cheadle

"As an aside, do you know why the QWERTY lay of letter is as it is/

Many people think it's about closest letters but no. The letter A would be closer to F if that were true

It was a salesman's gimmick. The word "Typewriter" is on the top line and a salesman trying to sell the then 'new' technology could bash it out in his/her demonstration. Check it out

If only people would pay money for useless information I'd be very rich indeed (;-)

"

Sorry sweetie but you wouldn't, it was actually arranged like that because the inventor, a Mr.Sholes, wast trying to solve the problem of contionuous key jamming, in 1873 they passed over the design to the remington gub company and the rest is history, more boring than your version I think, hugz, xxx

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Doh!....Everyone knows the typewriter was invented by Mr Qwerty.....after he was abducted and released back on earth by aliens...

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Ruby is right... it's so the commonly used letters are not close together. Less wear n tear or sticking that way.

By *uby In StockingsTV/TS  over a year ago

Cheadle

"Doh!....Everyone knows the typewriter was invented by Mr Qwerty.....after he was abducted and released back on earth by aliens..."

Nooooooo, that was Norris McQwerty, who was famously cloned and had a television show in the 1970s' all about people who do amazing things just to get their name in a book!!!!

King's Crustacean

Oh...... you have to imagine an old typewriter with the semi circular arrangements of metal arms all aimed to hit a centre point.

I got my RSA awards on one of those old fuggers....

King's Crustacean

"Doh!....Everyone knows the typewriter was invented by Mr Qwerty.....after he was abducted and released back on earth by aliens...

Nooooooo, that was Norris McQwerty, who was famously cloned and had a television show in the 1970s' all about people who do amazing things just to get their name in a book!!!! "

Don't be stupid...... everyone knows Qwerty is an Irish name and is actually pronounded Chummley.

"Doh!....Everyone knows the typewriter was invented by Mr Qwerty.....after he was abducted and released back on earth by aliens...

Nooooooo, that was Norris McQwerty, who was famously cloned and had a television show in the 1970s' all about people who do amazing things just to get their name in a book!!!! "

McWhirter was his name, and his twin bro Ross was killed by the IRA in 1975

"yOU TYPE A LONG SENTENCE OUT WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE SCREEN (COS YOU CAN'T TOUCH TYPE) AND THEN, WHEN YOU'VE WORKED AT IT FOR LIKE HALF AN HOUR YOU LOOK UP AND THE FUCKING THING IS all IN CAPITALS!!! gRRRRRR "

Highlight the text and shift F3, converts it all

"yOU TYPE A LONG SENTENCE OUT WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE SCREEN (COS YOU CAN'T TOUCH TYPE) AND THEN, WHEN YOU'VE WORKED AT IT FOR LIKE HALF AN HOUR YOU LOOK UP AND THE FUCKING THING IS all IN CAPITALS!!! gRRRRRR

Highlight the text and shift F3, converts it all"

Not in Notepad it don't!

..or in OpenOffice.

"As an aside, do you know why the QWERTY lay of letter is as it is/

Sorry sweetie but you wouldn't, it was actually arranged like that because the inventor, a Mr.Sholes, wast trying to solve the problem of contionuous key jamming, in 1873 they passed over the design to the remington gub company and the rest is history, more boring than your version I think, hugz, xxx"

Your version sounds more scientific so who am I to argue (;-)

By *ittlemorespiceCouple  over a year ago

North Cornwall

Learn to touchtype!

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"yOU TYPE A LONG SENTENCE OUT WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE SCREEN (COS YOU CAN'T TOUCH TYPE) AND THEN, WHEN YOU'VE WORKED AT IT FOR LIKE HALF AN HOUR YOU LOOK UP AND THE FUCKING THING IS all IN CAPITALS!!! gRRRRRR

Highlight the text and shift F3, converts it all"

Many thanks. It wasn't too hard prising it off but where do i shift F3 to?

» Add a new message to this topic