FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Im having a rant (well not at you lot)

Im having a rant (well not at you lot)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Its always always been my high horse subject on people with dirty kids in tatty clothes saying they cant afford to clothe and feed them.

I love the charity shops and always look at the little kids stuff just to see if anything nice for jays grandaughter.

Always lovely stuff well branded names for anything from 99p - £2

Winter coats ect for a few bob more.

Anyway i did the food parcel for callum this morning and just for the food, it came to a few pence less than £40 much cheaper than i thought.

I bought all basics apart from a couple of treats i added, and honest to go i have got enough food to at least feed him for a month. Ok it might not be food i would personally choose to eat all the time but if needs must.

It just makes me so damn angry when people say they cant afford food to put in kids bellies

Thats it rant over, normal business will be resumed

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Oh I love charity shops. Got the best winter coat ever last year. I thought she said £50 which I was willing to pay, but turns out it was £15. Bargain

And breathe...

All gone now...

We look forward to normal service...

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Strange how these people that cant afford to feed kids can always find money for fags and booze tho isnt it. My hubby has just taken a load of stuff he grew out of to the charity shop ..lol .good quality suits and shirts.

Jay and i are obsessed by bargains, not that he needs to buy them lol.

He got a crombie full length mans overcoat for £20. Fitted perfectly apart from too long so paid £20 to have it turned up

I used your very point, though not in the same way, to a charity worker in the street the other day

I like a good bargain.

However, I am not a fan of second hand anything, as I do not wish to bring any unpleasant aura into my home.

Sounds silly I know and irrational I know, however, that's the way I am.

"I like a good bargain.

However, I am not a fan of second hand anything, as I do not wish to bring any unpleasant aura into my home.

Sounds silly I know and irrational I know, however, that's the way I am. "

I fully understand that pearl, but i bet if you had kids and needed to get them a winter coat and didnt have any more you would. I choose to go to charity shops, i dont choose to eat basic food but if i was in that situation i woud

Love Love Love Charity Shop, love getting a bargain and also see it as a way of being green too, much more pleasant that cleaning out all the tin cans!

"Strange how these people that cant afford to feed kids can always find money for fags and booze tho isnt it. My hubby has just taken a load of stuff he grew out of to the charity shop ..lol .good quality suits and shirts."

I know. It irritates me when I'm in my corner shop, & someone in front gets 1 or 2 items of food, then beer, fags & scratchcards, & £20 is gone, yet they smell & look like they have a million better things to spend it on.

I bought a bag last yr for my ex 8 pound and when we got home we found 85 pound inside the bag best buy ever xx and yes i did giv some money to charity xxx

By *he tactile technicianMan  over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

"Its always always been my high horse subject on people with dirty kids in tatty clothes saying they cant afford to clothe and feed them.

I love the charity shops and always look at the little kids stuff just to see if anything nice for jays grandaughter.

Anyway i did the food parcel for callum this morning and just for the food, it came to a few pence less than £40 much cheaper than i thought.

I bought all basics apart from a couple of treats i added, and honest to go i have got enough food to at least feed him for a month. Ok it might not be food i would personally choose to eat all the time but if needs must.

It just makes me so damn angry when people say they cant afford food to put in kids bellies

Thats it rant over, normal business will be resumed"

Hmmmmmm, you haven't held back those duracell batteries that he needs so you can go and comfort yourself after this rant have you Karen?

"I bought a bag last yr for my ex 8 pound and when we got home we found 85 pound inside the bag best buy ever xx and yes i did giv some money to charity xxx "

jammy git!!!

"Its always always been my high horse subject on people with dirty kids in tatty clothes saying they cant afford to clothe and feed them.

Thats it rant over, normal business will be resumed Hmmmmmm, you haven't held back those duracell batteries that he needs so you can go and comfort yourself after this rant have you Karen? "

Im too bloody knackered to do anything with or without batteries and havent even gotten to leicester yet.

If Ray Winstone walked in the door and demanded a shag tonight id have to say no

I find it hard to sympathise with those who claim they are hard up and cannot afford to feed their kids properly etc., yet they always manage to find the money for ciggies and booze.

[Removed by poster at 29/10/11 14:49:39]

By *BW38jWoman  over a year ago

Dudley/Telford

Thats it rant over, normal business will be resumed"

totally agree love charity shops have bought a beautiful pink raincoat this morning for £3 still got label on it and a brand new m and s leather boots £55 rrp £4 in barnardos

as for food shopping trolly filled with nutricious filling food not junk food and i mean filled cost me £50

I love them too great bargains and love a good rummage but my local age concern shop I find very dear. And some of the things in there secondhand you can bye cheaper brand new. Love george for kids clothes too.

We`ve nurtured a generation that ..

Can`t cook...

Wouldn`t reconise a fresh carrot..

No idea of where meat comes from...

Can`t fix and mend..

Can`t budget..

Completely lost in consumerism..

I have come across peeps who do not know how to use a tin opener to open a can of soup!

I`m not a big tele watcher..

I did however catch a glimpse of Jamie Oliver in a classroom..with some assorted fresh food....

Kinda macarbe viewing..watching the kids trying to identify common food...

It sure makes you wonder..

I love charity shops too and secondhand furniture shops and antique shops and certainly antique jewellery shops. Im not superstitious in any way.

I would rather buy a secondhand wooden cabinet than an MDF cheap cabinet from Argos.

There is no excuse for people not having clothes for babies or children. Secondhand shops have really nice things, and certainly baby clothes wouldnt be worn out, babies grow so quickly and some have so many clothes as presents that even secondhand the clothes are hardly worn.

I would rather my child had a secondhand coat than not one at all. And I like to look for bargains and also unusual fabrics etc.

I love charity shops. Sadly some friends of mine think they sell only dead people's clothes. As I reminded them I have donated clothes in excellent condition, many of which I may have only worn a couple of times and some I've grown out of and I'm not dead. Many are end of line stock from department stores.

so go on people give them a go.

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

My mum works in a charity shop and got me some m and s school trousers for son to wear in 2 years time. Also a high school jumper for eldest for next year. I buy clothes for me and kids regularly from ebay and the only thing I try to do as best as possible is to feed them.

If I can spend £10 in the charity shop and get stuff that would have cost me 3 x more then am happy to say I have done well.

I dont smoke do drink occasionally and volunteer work a massive amount. Am certainly happy with it

By *ue care and attentionWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

I used to donate loads of baby and kids clothes to the charity shops and some of them still had lables as they had so many they never got to wear them before they outgrew them! A pitty really but at least I knew they went to a good home.

I've bought some good bargains in charity shops too but sadly I don't go past any any more which is a shame as I do love a good rummage and bargain.

Have to say though that one charity shop turned me away with two black bags full of clothes as it was "the wrong day of the week for intakes"

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

i used to be a breast feeding counsellor for the NCT,we had big nearly new sales every year...if you know anything about the NCT you will know the majority of members are better off,and so the things they were selling were high quality baby goods.

We pushed to have the sale in a poorer area,advertised it at sure start,the teen mums group ect,and no one from the area came

Now i can understand people not wanting to be looked down on for having second hand...even if its not an attitude i share...but surely common sense should come before misplaced pride?

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

Almost nothing from my little one went to the rubbish tip, and even now ex-wife has yard sales to clear out unused stuff.

Invariably stuff got given to family friends, or sold on. e.g. £300 of boots cotton nappies when for £60.

Too many people are into wearing labels, rather than clothes that (a) look good on them (b) last well (c) don't cost a fortune.

picked up a long purple Biba dress for £2.50 and a full length sheepskin coat in mint condition for a tenner this week.

» Add a new message to this topic