FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > IPad2 or Motorola Xoom

IPad2 or Motorola Xoom

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Right, MrsG's gonna buy me a tablet from Santa, I have an IPhone, not too keen on it ( dont like being tied to Apple)and instead of going for the IPad Im considering going for the Xoom 32g WiFi and 3G.

Just interested on other views on which I should go for, if it's the IPad it'll only be the 16g, where as the Xoom's a 32g ....

Comments and advice please

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The ipad 2 is not very different from the iphone in most respects ( i own a ipad2 ), but if you dont like being tied to apple, the xoom is a very capable device. Things i miss most with the ipad is the ability to quickly add / remove files ( photos mainly ) without having to connect to itunes. Yes there are work arounds, but it's hassle you dont need.

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

Have a look at the Acer A500, I'm using one as we speak, on Android market, so not tied, and really easy to use.

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 seems a good choice, the 7.7 is at top of my list, size means its more like a book.

Probably wait for something capable of higher resolutions though

By *lack_BoltMan  over a year ago

oxford

"Right, MrsG's gonna buy me a tablet from Santa, I have an IPhone, not too keen on it ( dont like being tied to Apple)and instead of going for the IPad Im considering going for the Xoom 32g WiFi and 3G.

Just interested on other views on which I should go for, if it's the IPad it'll only be the 16g, where as the Xoom's a 32g ....

Comments and advice please "

Surely you should get what you think is the best thing to you? Whatever product you buy will tie you in some way, despite what they say, it's business.

However I do understand what you mean about about not wanting to be tied into Apple, but don't cut your nose to spite your face. For many many years I've shied away from anything by Microsoft, because it's usually shoddy, buggy, and badly implemented. But for the first time, in ages in my view, Microsoft may have come up with something really interesting, Windows Phone 8. I haven't seen it live yet but would be willing to give it a try, only because it looks like a good idea, interface wise.

So look at the product first, and whether it suits your needs. You may still go for Motorola but at the moment the iPad is still the better product, and for most people it is still the best choice. So until that changes, which it can at any time, I'd stick with the best, and easiest to use.

» Add a new message to this topic