FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sainsbury’s and ASDA

Sainsbury’s and ASDA

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Sorry if this has been covered

What’s your thoughts?

10% off of everyday items they have said on the news.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Sorry if this has been covered

What’s your thoughts?

"

Does that include condoms

"Sorry if this has been covered

What’s your thoughts?

Does that include condoms "

it should do

It shouldn't be allowed, they are trying to overwhelm the market and put companies such as Tesco out of business

"It shouldn't be allowed, they are trying to overwhelm the market and put companies such as Tesco out of business "

Quite a few Tesco stores are closing anyway.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Asda is going through bad times. This is being done because its the best option

"Asda is going through bad times. This is being done because its the best option"

I thought ASDA were doing well, that’s a shame.

all the kiosk staff are fast being replaced by self service tills, merging into on super store makes sense

By *itzhallMan  over a year ago

birchington

They just said on BBC that all current Asda and sainsbury stores will remain open with no staff losing their job.... That and lower prices across the board is surely the best good thing

"It shouldn't be allowed, they are trying to overwhelm the market and put companies such as Tesco out of business "

You mean like Tesco tried to do...

By *albec26Man  over a year ago

Great Yarmouth

It will be the farmers and suppliers etc that will lose out, the 10% savings has got to come from somewhere

For the consumer it could be good with more spending power and more outlets to stick it could mean better bulk deals from the suppliers which would mean more savings to the public. However on a flip side if they are the same company then why would they need more than on of each in an area. Take Watford for a example Sainsbury's is oppersit Asda. Why would they need to carry that on.

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

In my small town asda and sainsburys are at opposite ends of the high street, about a mile apart.

As an employee at sainsburys I am a little concerned but for me the loss of my job wouldn't be devastating - I choose to work rather than it being a necessity.

I am watching the share price though, it's doubled since I took out my sharesave plan!

I used to work for asda and made a killing on my sharesave when Walmart bought the company

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"They just said on BBC that all current Asda and sainsbury stores will remain open with no staff losing their job.... That and lower prices across the board is surely the best good thing "

Some will have to be sold off where there is overlap... but strangly enough for this of merger there wont be that much as asda have most of their stores in the north and sainsburys have most of their stores in the south

By *ewlySingleMaleMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

"

I am watching the share price though, it's doubled since I took out my sharesave plan!

I used to work for asda and made a killing on my sharesave when Walmart bought the company "

Don't get greedy, I had an HBOS sharesave that had almost doubled in value before everything went tits up in 2008

With all these stores joining forces and lowering prices it's good for consumers not so much for the farmers trying to hold down a living. I like local markets local produce and a good quality butcher x

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

This would make them the same size as Tesco, not bigger, And that's if they kept all their stores. The CMA will probably make them sell some, making them still smaller than Tesco.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"With all these stores joining forces and lowering prices it's good for consumers not so much for the farmers trying to hold down a living. I like local markets local produce and a good quality butcher x"

My current local butcher is a bloody rip off merchant, my last one was a right cunt.

"In my small town asda and sainsburys are at opposite ends of the high street, about a mile apart.

As an employee at sainsburys I am a little concerned but for me the loss of my job wouldn't be devastating - I choose to work rather than it being a necessity.

I used to work for asda and made a killing on my sharesave when Walmart bought the company "

Apparently no one will lose their jobs

Nottingham

"

I used to work for asda and made a killing on my sharesave when Walmart bought the company

Don't get greedy, I had an HBOS sharesave that had almost doubled in value before everything went tits up in 2008 "

Haha I don't earn enough to be greedy - I only save £20 a month out of a salary of less than £400.

My part time work is a respite from being a full time carer.

"With all these stores joining forces and lowering prices it's good for consumers not so much for the farmers trying to hold down a living. I like local markets local produce and a good quality butcher x"

Nottingham

"In my small town asda and sainsburys are at opposite ends of the high street, about a mile apart.

Apparently no one will lose their jobs"

Lots of people at sainsburys are already losing their jobs anyway.

All team leaders are being made redundant along with 2/3rds of managers. Some team leaders will be offered part time colleague roles which they can't afford to take. Most team leaders at my store have been working there over 20 years

All staff are being put onto new contracts. We are getting an hourly pay rise but many will be worse off. They are removing enhanced rates of pay for Sunday working, the annual bonus scheme is being stopped etc.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

All I can see is more stores closed, more people out of work. I would like to be proved wrong though.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

I don’t believe the price reduction thing at all. There is no economy of scale advantage and I can’t see them becoming more efficient.

The city brokers / advisors will make a fortune of course. Sadly, the way of the world these days.

Apparently no one will lose their jobs

Lots of people at sainsburys are already losing their jobs anyway.

All team leaders are being made redundant along with 2/3rds of managers. Some team leaders will be offered part time colleague roles which they can't afford to take. Most team leaders at my store have been working there over 20 years

All staff are being put onto new contracts. We are getting an hourly pay rise but many will be worse off. They are removing enhanced rates of pay for Sunday working, the annual bonus scheme is being stopped etc."

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

If the overlap in stores happen to be in prime locations you could see those being sold to Aldi or Lidl

My big superstore has been a Safeway then became a Morrison’s and was then sold to Sainsbury’s.... my closet Asda is still miles away at metro centre so I think we are good!

But there is an Asda and Sainsbury’s almost next to each other in washington so one of them would go

» Add a new message to this topic