FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Tattoo aftercare

Tattoo aftercare

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *harpDressed Man OP   Man  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Despite smelling like nappies for 4 days, not using perfumed soap on it, etc etc, I still have slightly crusty coloured skin falling off me.

Have I cocked up and under-moisturised?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

use bepanthene, that will remoisturise, you dont want it being scabby as sometimes when the scabs come off so does the colour

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Best thing to use is haemeroid cream and don't pick! Z

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

when you get a new tattoo it will scab and the skin will dry up and flake off. if your really worried about how it looks go back to your tattoo artist. also, get yourself some tattoo goo and slap that on it and u should be all good to go

By *DSRMan  over a year ago

leicester

I just used E45, was cheap and was good enough - and if it comes to it... just go back and ask them to re-colour in the parts that need it (most places will do that for free anyway)

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

bepanthen is what i use

am stocking up ready for my 5hr session on 5th December - i am ridiculusly excited

By *un and fortyCouple  over a year ago

a town near you

bepanthen

evesham

oh - and what ink have you had done SDM, any pics???

"use bepanthene, that will remoisturise"

That's why I smell of nappies!!!! Looks like I've missed the moist boat (fnarr), although colour is holding up well.

Thanks

"bepanthen is what i use

am stocking up ready for my 5hr session on 5th December - i am ridiculusly excited "

5 hours???? I was about 30 mins, and that was about enough - the guy asked me after about two mins how it felt, and my response was "irritating", which I stand by. 5 hours of being irritated...that's like 2 Xmas's at the inlaws...

Dont scratch or pick at it and as veiew said bepantham xx

yep they have said all you need to know

"bepanthen is what i use

am stocking up ready for my 5hr session on 5th December - i am ridiculusly excited "

me too - but mine doesn't start til march 17th next year

evesham

"bepanthen is what i use

am stocking up ready for my 5hr session on 5th December - i am ridiculusly excited

5 hours???? I was about 30 mins, and that was about enough - the guy asked me after about two mins how it felt, and my response was "irritating", which I stand by. 5 hours of being irritated...that's like 2 Xmas's at the inlaws..."

haha i dont mind the feel of having a tattoo done but then longest i have done so far is about an hour i'd say!!

think this one might get me truly hooked, m already thinking of ways to add to it and its not even done yet lol

i got a few tatts and have always used papanthem,or savlon on them and had no problems with them healing at all iv sat from 30 min to 5 hours for some a mine and love them all xx

I am using bebanthen currently and i am just at the dry horrible stage too. previously i had been told to use preparation H and dont remember this much flaking but then i suppose different parts of the body react differently.

Nx

"Despite smelling like nappies for 4 days, not using perfumed soap on it, etc etc, I still have slightly crusty coloured skin falling off me.

Have I cocked up and under-moisturised? "

ive always just washed as normal after mine

everyone you talk to will have a different cream you sould use

i dont like bepanthen as its really sticky and greesy tho most will recomend it, ive always used E45 as ir stops it drying up, geting itchy and flaking

you cant cock it up tho lol

whatever you use warm the cream up to soften it to cover tattoo....

Pile cream doesn't work as well anymore due to an extract being removed from the products.

Scabbing occurs naturally for a couple of weeks anyway even when bepanthen or similar is used.

Just keep the tattoo moist and clean.

"bepanthen is what i use

5 hours???? I was about 30 mins, and that was about enough - the guy asked me after about two mins how it felt, and my response was "irritating", which I stand by. 5 hours of being irritated...that's like 2 Xmas's at the inlaws...

haha i dont mind the feel of having a tattoo done but then longest i have done so far is about an hour i'd say!!

think this one might get me truly hooked, m already thinking of ways to add to it and its not even done yet lol"

Ooh eves, wotcha havin done then????

By *orkieMan  over a year ago

Who knows

Originally used sudacream, then tried lasonil and bepanthen.. personally reckon lasonil is better

evesham

"bepanthen is what i use

think this one might get me truly hooked, m already thinking of ways to add to it and its not even done yet lol

Ooh eves, wotcha havin done then????"

a pin up on my left thigh - only 25 days to go - eeeek!!!

"bepanthen is what i use

Ooh eves, wotcha havin done then????

a pin up on my left thigh - only 25 days to go - eeeek!!! "

5 hours is a hell of a long time to sit

the longest time ive had on a tattoo is 12 hours but i had it in 6 2 hour sittings, believe me 2 hours is enough lol

good luck with that one

ooh that sounds cool. Im loving the pinups done on LA ink/Miami ink etc on Sky!!!

By *andJ2227Couple  over a year ago

Swadlincote

For all of mine i have always used Tattoo goo like someone mentioned earlier. It comes in alittle tin like vaseline and restores the colour after periods of time also so i always have a tin in my handbag.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Despite smelling like nappies for 4 days, not using perfumed soap on it, etc etc, I still have slightly crusty coloured skin falling off me.

Have I cocked up and under-moisturised? "

Mine's still a little bit flaky after two weeks so don't worry.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

when i had mine done on back i covered it in vaseline and put cling film over it. was absolutely fine.

"For all of mine i have always used Tattoo goo like someone mentioned earlier. It comes in alittle tin like vaseline and restores the colour after periods of time also so i always have a tin in my handbag. "

even after its healed?

I always use savalon

"I always use savalon"

thats what the place where i go recomend but i like E45 better as i find they still dry a little with savalon

everyone like different tho its just a case of finding what suits you best

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"I always use savalon

thats what the place where i go recomend but i like E45 better as i find they still dry a little with savalon

everyone like different tho its just a case of finding what suits you best"

i have to agree...mine hardly scabbed at all and the itchiness was ok,though i did keep it covered in cling film for at least a week

Now im just wondering what i will be getting next

i do think the colour has a lot to do with where you go too

theres a guy i work with that have two full sleeves and been having them done for years and the colours still so bright and spot on its hard to believe how old parts of the sleeves are

Ths place he goes to is very expensive yet still has a huge waiting list because the guys so good people are prepaired to pay the extra

where as other people have them and they fade and go patchy in no time at all

i have one on my tigh which to be blunt is crap, it looks ok at first glance but if you look close the work is very poor and the colours is faded and patchy, where as all my others i had else where and they are fine, because the tattooist was much better and i did my home work to find somewhere decent after the first one, the colours still solid and block and i put the same on all mine

i do think that comes down to the quality of the work rather than what cream you use

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"i do think the colour has a lot to do with where you go too

theres a guy i work with that have two full sleeves and been having them done for years and the colours still so bright and spot on its hard to believe how old parts of the sleeves are

Ths place he goes to is very expensive yet still has a huge waiting list because the guys so good people are prepaired to pay the extra

where as other people have them and they fade and go patchy in no time at all

i have one on my tigh which to be blunt is crap, it looks ok at first glance but if you look close the work is very poor and the colours is faded and patchy, where as all my others i had else where and they are fine, because the tattooist was much better and i did my home work to find somewhere decent after the first one, the colours still solid and block and i put the same on all mine

i do think that comes down to the quality of the work rather than what cream you use"

When i decided i wanted one,Sir recommended the place he used,as a knowedgable friend nothing else. i nearly fainted at the price for something i thought would be fairly simple,and the fact they told me it would take 2 hours

However the end result shows everything they say about scratchers is true, and its worth doing the research.

Preparation H is excellent for tattoos

"Preparation H is excellent for tattoos "

you sure? lol

i wouldnt have never as thought of using that as its made to make the skin shrink and tighten

By *amescoupleCouple  over a year ago

north walsham

As weird as it will souns when i went for my first tatt a knowledgable friend advised me to smear the areas in a good layer of bepanthen and then wrap it with cling film. Between them they help keep the are moisturised and protected.

I thought it seemed weird but it helped to avoid/prevent the scabbing and also didnt itch like i had feared.

I used Bepanthan and I didn't have any problems at all with flaking etc but I guess everyone is different.

I agree with the comments about the quality of the work though, you need to go to reputable studios and pay as much as you can afford.

The tattoo on my foot is of a white lily and the colour is fine etc, well there's not loads of colour in it really just the white of the flower, a bit of yellow and green leaves. Do you eventually have to go and have the colour renewed. Does white ink fade any quicker than other colours.

I do take care of it and I don't expose my tattoo in the sun, if I'm on holiday and sunbathing I always cover it with a plaster and always use sunscreen on it in the summer day to day. I don't want the edges to go all thick etc

never used anything on any of mine and they are all fine...last one didnt really scab that much either...must be the tough rhino skin i have....

Whats a tatoo ???

i thought scabbing was part of the healing process

I have always used Aloe Vera for my tattoo's, tried savlon with the first one and it just dried it out.

By *icboyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Bepanthan is by far the best cream to use, keeps it moist and helps with the healing process...not as itchy as some others...

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

always used Bepanthem, do get scabbing but have never lost any colour

Got my designs ready for my next two but got to wait until early next year before I can have them

longer the waiting list the better the artist will be

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

think it depends on your skin type i always use sudocream as i find bepanthan to greasy. anything does the job though its only to keep scab moist for 3 to 4 days also dont over cream as you can lose colour if scab is to moist.

i used bepanthan on my ass tatts. but the facial inking i was given anti biotic cream and then white petroleum jelly.

off to get my twattoo done today so will be getting bepanthon to sort that out.

damn it!thats where ive been going wrong!

i just let the dog lick mine clean every day.no massive side effects..........

apart from now being able to lie on the sofa and lick my own balls,and i do chase the odd motor bike now.and a bit of a weird fetish for havign my belly and ears rubbed

"damn it!thats where ive been going wrong!

i just let the dog lick mine clean every day.no massive side effects..........

apart from now being able to lie on the sofa and lick my own balls,and i do chase the odd motor bike now.and a bit of a weird fetish for havign my belly and ears rubbed"

what an excuse for getting licked. bet you get a new tatt each week.

takes note that it is your prick that has the tatts on that you let your dog lick

i use lush's dream cream

as its great for new tattoos LOL

but this is my experience not what i was told

im getting my wrist finished off and my neck done just the design

love tattoos

mrs Ladybird had 2 five and a half hour sittings to do her angel on her back 11 hours total

looks fab though

bepantham all the way its just the best thing to use here,s a tip buy some before you go to get your tattoo done and after you had your work done on it get the tattoo artist to rub a good bit all over the tattoo it stops from drying out keeps the colour better I never had any dry skin or hardlys any scabs hope that helps

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

and run the warm tap over the tube of Bepanthen, it makes a huge difference when applying and minimises the rubbing on the tattoo

Interesting to see the variety of responses, although there is a clear winner. It did leave an unpleasant wet splodge on my shirt though.

Next step is to see how well the colour stands up.

By the way, for the two people who asked, it's a star on my arm.

[Removed by poster at 10/11/11 20:03:50]

It itches.

A lot.

Even smeared in cream.

Arrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhh....

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"It itches.

A lot.

Even smeared in cream.

Arrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhh....

"

whatever you do dont scratch it. Wouldnt of thought it would of still been itching. Stick a bit of vaseline on it you will be fine

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

best care you can have is not have one

"

whatever you do dont scratch it. Wouldnt of thought it would of still been itching. Stick a bit of vaseline on it you will be fine"

On top of or underneath the bepanthen?

"best care you can have is not have one "

Give us a lend of your time machine, then...

Personally I use Johnsons Naturals intense moisture cream and then a thin layer of Vaseline with aloe vera in it - it's the little green tin (normally found in the makeup isle).

I thin layer of this for me stops the itching, keeps the moisture in and smells better than nappy cream! Has to be a thin layer though or your clothes get a bit greasy.

Works for me, but it's up to you buddy. Just don't wrap in cling film for weeks on end - there's really no need. Tattooists only put this on to stop blood getting on your clothes - once you've stopped bleeding, whip it off and give it a wash, then moisturise.

By *ouple1234Couple  over a year ago

BELFAST UK

use bepanthene cream before but before ya put it on use warm water to clean the tattoo, DONT RUB when wetting it or drying it...

btw you havent went into a swimming pool by any chance!

By *ouple1234Couple  over a year ago

BELFAST UK

ps. Dont put vaseline anywhere near a tattoo while its healing worst thing you could use

how so?

» Add a new message to this topic