FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Would a disabled superhero movie work?

Would a disabled superhero movie work?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Person in a wheelchair who can't use their legs, becomes a superhero that can fly and fight the baddies.

Would non-disabled people go to see a movie like that?

What would be a better scenario that might appeal to the masses? Or do you think it would just never work as an idea for a big budget movie?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"Person in a wheelchair who can't use their legs, becomes a superhero that can fly and fight the baddies.

What would be a better scenario that might appeal to the masses? Or do you think it would just never work as an idea for a big budget movie? "

We've had policemen in wheelchairs, so why not superheros?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Urm daredevil and it was shite

By *lay-full-funCouple  over a year ago

stockport

It would have to be a really good director to turn my disabled are into a super hero lol

"Urm daredevil and it was shite"

Why was it shite? He was blind?

stockport

Arse*

By *edbath 5Man  over a year ago

london

If cow from cow and chicken could then why not a disabled person.

"It would have to be a really good director to turn my disabled are into a super hero lol"

Why? You're on here having fun instead of sitting indoors being miserable.

What would happen if they stopped flying and didn't have their wheelchair nearby?

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Would superman now be classed as being allergic to kryptonite or just kryptonite intolerant?

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS  over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

"Person in a wheelchair who can't use their legs, becomes a superhero that can fly and fight the baddies.

What would be a better scenario that might appeal to the masses? Or do you think it would just never work as an idea for a big budget movie? "

Professor X....

Professor Charles Xavier Is in a wheelchair

Iron man was injured in war and could be classed as disabled .

A quick google tells me there are many disabled heros in comics.

By *attoodGent90Man  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

There's always professor X?

It certainly was. The Netflix TV series is great though.

Why wouldn’t it? There are some already, and more would be great. Would non-disabled people go to watch, well yes - if it’s a good movie everyone will want to watch, unless it’s people who have an issue with disabilities or superheroes. I’d pity both those groups of people. Your latter questions indicate you don’t think it could work, is that right?

By *lceeWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Daredevil (the original comics and the Netflix series, not the film!).

Awesome dude and great storylines. Don’t see why it wouldn’t make a good film if it was done well.

Plus, dude, Professor X.

Nuff said.

"What would happen if they stopped flying and didn't have their wheelchair nearby? "

That was the issue I thought of too. Maybe they could hover.

What would be a better scenario that might appeal to the masses? Or do you think it would just never work as an idea for a big budget movie?

Why wouldn’t it? There are some already, and more would be great. Would non-disabled people go to watch, well yes - if it’s a good movie everyone will want to watch, unless it’s people who have an issue with disabilities or superheroes. I’d pity both those groups of people. Your latter questions indicate you don’t think it could work, is that right? "

No it's a question. I'm not a comic book movie fan so I'd never heard of Professor X.

As with all things movie related it could be great... it could be shit.

I like the idea of a film about a young guy who suffers from an increasingly disabilitating condition given to him by some shady government agency who discovers he has mental powers to go out of body and move things. Just watching him slowly erode away in one body whilst growingly able to step outside and wreak vengeance in another. That could be really kick ass

By *rivate_userMan  over a year ago

Leicester

It's been done.. as mentioned above

Professor X

Daredevil

Disabled doesn't always mean it's visable.

Majority of the characters in the x men series would be categorised as disabled.

By *ubiousOatcakeMan  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

Would non-disabled people go to see a movie like that?"

Why wouldn’t they?

"What would be a better scenario that might appeal to the masses? Or do you think it would just never work as an idea for a big budget movie? "

Most superheroes have weaknesses as their alter-egos, so that they appeal to their readers, who also have weaknesses. As for disabilities, Daredevil is blind, Professor Xavier is in a wheelchair. They’re both doing quite well in drawing large audiences to big-budget productions. There are other, less well known superheroes with disabilities.

Why wouldn’t it? There are some already, and more would be great. Would non-disabled people go to watch, well yes - if it’s a good movie everyone will want to watch, unless it’s people who have an issue with disabilities or superheroes. I’d pity both those groups of people. Your latter questions indicate you don’t think it could work, is that right?

No it's a question. I'm not a comic book movie fan so I'd never heard of Professor X."

It was just the way the question was phrased “better”, but fine.

stockport

I would love a wheelchair that could hover it would make life so much better when trying to get on a pavement

Aberdeenshire

"No it's a question. I'm not a comic book movie fan so I'd never heard of Professor X."

Did it cross your mind to find out before you posted a thread on it? What’s next? A thread asking whether fried potato snacks are a good idea with the potential for mass appeal?

And, again I ask you; why wouldn’t these films be popular?

Unbreakable, kinda, except he was a villain.

"Unbreakable, kinda, except he was a villain."

Looking forward to glass !!

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"Unbreakable, kinda, except he was a villain."

Have you seen the trailer for Glass?

Looks good.

If he could fly, no need for the wheelchair, he could fly everywhere and give the wheelchair to my mate, who’s wheelchair has a spoke missing.

Hasnt this been done already with Joe Swanson in Family Guy ?

Hasnt this been done already with Joe Swanson in Family Guy ? "

Was there a Superhero episode?

I don't class Prof X as a Superhero, even though he has abilities.

By *r Man.Man  over a year ago

London

All super heroes are disabled, they all have,something different from the norm ( whatever that is)

"All super heroes are disabled, they all have,something different from the norm ( whatever that is)"

I was just thinking would they be found to be disabled, or more-able?

No it's a question. I'm not a comic book movie fan so I'd never heard of Professor X.

It was just the way the question was phrased “better”, but fine. "

Because other people may be able to think of a 'better' scenario than the example I suggested in the first line.

Why 'but fine'? Are you suggesting that you know my mind 'better' than I do?

It’s not so much the disabled lead that’s the issue so much as the quality of the direction and production etc. I’d love to see more movies like that!

"No it's a question. I'm not a comic book movie fan so I'd never heard of Professor X.

Did it cross your mind to find out before you posted a thread on it? What’s next? A thread asking whether fried potato snacks are a good idea with the potential for mass appeal?

And, again I ask you; why wouldn’t these films be popular?"

I apologise for not researching the entire movie history of the universe. What an idiot I am. Please continue to advise me how I should think and what I'm allowed to post within your guidelines.

"No it's a question. I'm not a comic book movie fan so I'd never heard of Professor X.

And, again I ask you; why wouldn’t these films be popular?"

Does it cross your mind to not belittle people and constantly talk to them in a condescending manner as you impart your superior wisdom ?!

In a town Fab forgot

Does it cross your mind to not belittle people and constantly talk to them in a condescending manner as you impart your superior wisdom ?! "

You beat me to it.

They've already run one newcomer to the threads off with their condescending and aggressive bullying today.

I'm sure they're very pleased with their work here today.

Pretty soon they'll be the only two posting.

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

It doesn't matter if the lead role is a White Man with two left feet or a Sikh with no arms and a magic turban,

Most movies are made to make money its as simple as that if they think it will make money they will make it

Screen writers have artistic licence where super heros are concerned. They can write anything into a script to make the plot work.

I'd feel the same way about a disabled super hero as I do a non-disabled one.

They'll be doing super human stuff regardless.

Does it cross your mind to not belittle people and constantly talk to them in a condescending manner as you impart your superior wisdom ?!

You beat me to it.

They've already run one newcomer to the threads off with their condescending and aggressive bullying today.

Pretty soon they'll be the only two posting."

I missed it, been down the beach. Managed to stay away !

In a town Fab forgot

You beat me to it.

I missed it, been down the beach. Managed to stay away ! "

You're lucky it was horrible reading....

Anyway back on topic.....

I don't see any reason why a superhero with a disability wouldn't work.

As long as the script and screenplay were well written and the scenes well acted, why not....

You beat me to it.

I missed it, been down the beach. Managed to stay away !

You're lucky it was horrible reading....

Anyway back on topic.....

I don't see any reason why a superhero with a disability wouldn't work.

As long as the script and screenplay were well written and the scenes well acted, why not....

"

We’re they doing intellectual wheelies trying to impress each other ?

By *r Man.Man  over a year ago

London

"All super heroes are disabled, they all have,something different from the norm ( whatever that is)

"

I have a gran nephew who's autistic, he does things that so call able people would just gasp with wonder. But he hasn't been assessed and labelled yet, but I know that he will be classified by the main stream boffins. As having a disability

Aberdeenshire

"I apologise for not researching the entire movie history of the universe. What an idiot I am. Please continue to advise me how I should think and what I'm allowed to post within your guidelines. "

Irrational hyperbole is always a good discussion tactic, isn’t it? There is no need to research all movie history. Even just a casual glance highlights that it’s a question that doesn’t need asking.

I’m not advising you how to think. I would be interested to know what possesses someone to post a thread on something they know so little about, while making assumptions about that topic. Is it just to be provocative?

And, on that note, I will ask, once again, what makes you think that a movie as you describe couldn’t be successful?

"All super heroes are disabled, they all have,something different from the norm ( whatever that is)

I have a gran nephew who's autistic, he does things that so call able people would just gasp with wonder. But he hasn't been assessed and labelled yet, but I know that he will be classified by the main stream boffins. As having a disability "

He's a superhero.

I was being 'educated' by a comic book fan today and it seems you're right. All superheroes have something that makes them different from the norm.

Aberdeenshire

"Does it cross your mind to not belittle people and constantly talk to them in a condescending manner as you impart your superior wisdom ?! "

I don’t constantly talk to people in a condescending manner. You’re ascribing tone, there.

I’m a little incredulous, I’ll give you that, but not belittling.

It would be belittling to say that I’ll wait while you look that up.

Aberdeenshire

"I don't class Prof X as a Superhero, even though he has abilities."

Righty ho.

Aberdeenshire

"They've already run one newcomer to the threads off with their condescending and aggressive bullying today."

Ah-ha-ha. Sure, that’s what happened.

There are plenty of superheroes or heroes that are disabled in one way or another so I don't see why not

"Unbreakable, kinda, except he was a villain.

Have you seen the trailer for Glass?

Looks good. "

I haven't actually - I'll check it out.

"I don't class Prof X as a Superhero, even though he has abilities.

Righty ho."

You think the same as me then.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

Righty ho.

You think the same as me then."

What would you class him as?

"I apologise for not researching the entire movie history of the universe. What an idiot I am. Please continue to advise me how I should think and what I'm allowed to post within your guidelines.

Irrational hyperbole is always a good discussion tactic, isn’t it? There is no need to research all movie history. Even just a casual glance highlights that it’s a question that doesn’t need asking.

I’m not advising you how to think. I would be interested to know what possesses someone to post a thread on something they know so little about, while making assumptions about that topic. Is it just to be provocative?

And, on that note, I will ask, once again, what makes you think that a movie as you describe couldn’t be successful?"

It was a question. Did I say such a movie wouldn't be successful?

I'll go read the forum rules again- I missed the bit where we're supposed to be experts before we are allowed to post. Thank you for pointing that out.

By *aekaeWoman  over a year ago

Between a cock and a soft place

"They've already run one newcomer to the threads off with their condescending and aggressive bullying today.

Ah-ha-ha. Sure, that’s what happened."

You don't believe your own handiwork?

Maybe take a break and a breather and revisit the thread in the cold light of day and see how it reads.

You were aggressive rude bullying and belittling.

"Does it cross your mind to not belittle people and constantly talk to them in a condescending manner as you impart your superior wisdom ?!

I don’t constantly talk to people in a condescending manner. You’re ascribing tone, there.

I’m a little incredulous, I’ll give you that, but not belittling.

It would be belittling to say that I’ll wait while you look that up."

I know it, it’s between ‘idiot’ and ‘ignoramus’

"They've already run one newcomer to the threads off with their condescending and aggressive bullying today.

Ah-ha-ha. Sure, that’s what happened.

You don't believe your own handiwork?

Maybe take a break and a breather and revisit the thread in the cold light of day and see how it reads.

You were aggressive rude bullying and belittling. "

According to him he’s incredulous, he’s certainly incredulous to the fact he belittles and condescends constantly. Tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but he’s out done himself recently.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I haven't read the thread.

Why is disability always framed as a wheelchair user?

There have been characters on blades, attachments where hands would be. and ones that can't see. If the story is right then of course it can work.

These threads are becoming daily but I'll say it again: if people can readily believe someone can fly why can't they believe someone with a disability, someone black, someone LGBT, someone older, a woman can't do something? The arguments given have no logical basis and just smack of more prejudice and a chance to shout "PC gone mad" and "it wasn't like this in the old days".

"I haven't read the thread.

There have been characters on blades, attachments where hands would be. and ones that can't see. If the story is right then of course it can work.

These threads are becoming daily but I'll say it again: if people can readily believe someone can fly why can't they believe someone with a disability, someone black, someone LGBT, someone older, a woman can't do something? The arguments given have no logical basis and just smack of more prejudice and a chance to shout "PC gone mad" and "it wasn't like this in the old days".

"

It was just an example. I didn't have time to type out a lot of different examples.

"

I watched a marvel programme last night, one of the lead characters had artificial hands and arms.

Do we subconsciously associate disability with wheelchair?

Maybe that's why mental illness isn't necessarily associated with disability when it can actually be extremely debilitating.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"What would happen if they stopped flying and didn't have their wheelchair nearby? "

The Hulk ripped his pants every time he changed but was always pristine when he changed back.

Same could apply to the flying /wheelchair conundrum or just have a flying wheelchair?

I watched a marvel programme last night, one of the lead characters had artificial hands and arms.

Maybe that's why mental illness isn't necessarily associated with disability when it can actually be extremely debilitating."

The sign for disability is, invariably, a wheelchair.

Having used a chair, albeit as a test, you need to be pretty super to manage tree roots and kerbs.

By *alking DisasterWoman  over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

However Daredevil the Netflix series is really good.

Aberdeenshire

"I missed the bit where we're supposed to be experts before we are allowed to post. Thank you for pointing that out. "

Again, I said absolutely nothing of the sort. Have you quite done with the hysteria?

Aberdeenshire

"You were aggressive rude bullying and belittling. "

I was nothing of the sort. You’re the one who needs to go back and read it. I pointed out the flaws in your post in simple terms. That’s not rude, bullying, or belittling, by any definition.

"I missed the bit where we're supposed to be experts before we are allowed to post. Thank you for pointing that out.

Again, I said absolutely nothing of the sort. Have you quite done with the hysteria?"

I'm hysterical now? Thank you Doctor for the diagnosis.

"What would happen if they stopped flying and didn't have their wheelchair nearby?

The Hulk ripped his pants every time he changed but was always pristine when he changed back.

Same could apply to the flying /wheelchair conundrum or just have a flying wheelchair?"

I think a multi-functional "super" wheelchair is the way to go. One that can fly, convert into a boat and submarine, wicked weapons, the works.

Aberdeenshire

"I'm hysterical now? Thank you Doctor for the diagnosis."

Yes, the only definition of that word is a purely medical one.

Let me know when you’re willing to have a reasonable discussion. One where you respond to what I’ve actually written.

Maybe that's why mental illness isn't necessarily associated with disability when it can actually be extremely debilitating.

Having used a chair, albeit as a test, you need to be pretty super to manage tree roots and kerbs.

"

Good point about the disability sign. Are we subconsciously sending the wrong message?

Can we come up with a better more inclusive sign?

Maybe keep the blue background and have a capital D?

"I'm hysterical now? Thank you Doctor for the diagnosis.

Let me know when you’re willing to have a reasonable discussion. One where you respond to what I’ve actually written."

pot kettle

South Oxfordshire

Maybe that's why mental illness isn't necessarily associated with disability when it can actually be extremely debilitating."

Jessica Jones is a good example of a "superhero" with mental health problems. I only put it in quotes as she doesn't really class herself as one!

Righty ho.

What would you class him as? "

The brains, like a super smartypants.

Good point about the disability sign. Are we subconsciously sending the wrong message?

Maybe keep the blue background and have a capital D?"

Good idea, they should use it for car blue badges too.

"What would happen if they stopped flying and didn't have their wheelchair nearby?

Same could apply to the flying /wheelchair conundrum or just have a flying wheelchair?

I think a multi-functional "super" wheelchair is the way to go. One that can fly, convert into a boat and submarine, wicked weapons, the works."

Piloted by an ex-special forces soldier who had both legs blown off in an IED incident in Afghanistan, suffered brain damage which puts him on the spectrum and is a mixed-race hermaphrodite transitioning to a lesbian woman. He (then she, after the correct amount of time/procedures) travels the world, righting wrongs and sometimes wronging rights with the aid of his (then her, after the correct amount of time/procedures) specially built wheelchair, developed by Stark Industries (good tie-in for the franchise) whilst trying to find himself (or herself, after the correct amount of time/procedures).

I'm willing to accept financial offers for the full script of this potential box-office smash.

Aberdeenshire

"I'm hysterical now? Thank you Doctor for the diagnosis.

Let me know when you’re willing to have a reasonable discussion. One where you respond to what I’ve actually written.

pot kettle"

Honestly, you clearly have no idea how wrong you are there.

Aberdeenshire

Righty ho.

The brains, like a super smartypants."

What is it about him that doesn’t fit into the ‘superhero’ category?

Good idea, they should use it for car blue badges too. "

It would be an all inclusive sign.....

No disability placed in the forethought of anyone's mind.

I wonder how people with disabilities would see it?

But would the super hero inherently develop super powers which over-rode the physical disability, or would he/she use technology? I mean either using a suit, like Iron Man, or cyborg/bionic technogy to actually adapt the body? There are all kinds of possibilities here. I'm no expert on DC or Marvel, but can't believe it hasn't already been done some time in the last 50 or so years.

Medical or social model?

"But would the super hero inherently develop super powers which over-rode the physical disability, or would he/she use technology? I mean either using a suit, like Iron Man, or cyborg/bionic technogy to actually adapt the body? There are all kinds of possibilities here. I'm no expert on DC or Marvel, but can't believe it hasn't already been done some time in the last 50 or so years."

Robocop, Cyborg and The Six Million Dollar Man have been along those lines. I think I may have just busted my own script ideas

Iron man was a paraplegic for awhile in the comics after getting shot in the spine by an ex girlfriend .

Luckily tony stark fitted a chip in his spine allowing him to walk .

By *eesideMan  over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

If marvel did sumthing with this and it had a good story line then yes it probably wood work.

I'd go see it

South Oxfordshire

"But would the super hero inherently develop super powers which over-rode the physical disability, or would he/she use technology? I mean either using a suit, like Iron Man, or cyborg/bionic technogy to actually adapt the body? There are all kinds of possibilities here. I'm no expert on DC or Marvel, but can't believe it hasn't already been done some time in the last 50 or so years."

There has been in the Marvel universe (can't stand DC comic films, so can't say if they do).

I can never remember character names, but Tony Starks best friend was paralyzed in one of the films, now uses leg supports to get around. The Winter Soldier has only one arm (the other is artificial). Then of course there is Vision who is not a real person, but has feelings and falls in love.

Those are three I can think of just in the MCU.

Righty ho.

What is it about him that doesn’t fit into the ‘superhero’ category?"

I suppose, as I've been brought up on Superman, Spiderman and Batman, my idea of a Superhero is a beefy macho man. Although, I wouldn't have put Thor in the Superhero box either; he's myths and legends.The scientists were the geeky ones who solved all the problems with their minds not with brute force.

I have to admit to not really being a Superhero fan; I prefer space sci-fi fantasy.

Aberdeenshire

"I suppose, as I've been brought up on Superman, Spiderman and Batman, my idea of a Superhero is a beefy macho man."

Spider-man is a beefy macho man?

Righty ho.

I suppose, as I've been brought up on Superman, Spiderman and Batman, my idea of a Superhero is a beefy macho man. Although, I wouldn't have put Thor in the Superhero box either; he's myths and legends.The scientists were the geeky ones who solved all the problems with their minds not with brute force.

I have to admit to not really being a Superhero fan; I prefer space sci-fi fantasy.

"

What about Wonder Woman?

South Oxfordshire

Righty ho.

"

Does that mean women can't be superheroes?

Not twisting words, just checking your view.

"I suppose, as I've been brought up on Superman, Spiderman and Batman, my idea of a Superhero is a beefy macho man.

Spider-man is a beefy macho man?"

He is compared to me.

That's me trying to ease the tension. Thought I'd better explain.

"But would the super hero inherently develop super powers which over-rode the physical disability, or would he/she use technology? I mean either using a suit, like Iron Man, or cyborg/bionic technogy to actually adapt the body? There are all kinds of possibilities here. I'm no expert on DC or Marvel, but can't believe it hasn't already been done some time in the last 50 or so years.

Robocop, Cyborg and The Six Million Dollar Man have been along those lines. I think I may have just busted my own script ideas "

The Six Million Dollar Man!! I should have thought of him, he was amazing. I'm thinking of lots of examples now.

"But would the super hero inherently develop super powers which over-rode the physical disability, or would he/she use technology? I mean either using a suit, like Iron Man, or cyborg/bionic technogy to actually adapt the body? There are all kinds of possibilities here. I'm no expert on DC or Marvel, but can't believe it hasn't already been done some time in the last 50 or so years.

Robocop, Cyborg and The Six Million Dollar Man have been along those lines. I think I may have just busted my own script ideas

The Six Million Dollar Man!! I should have thought of him, he was amazing. I'm thinking of lots of examples now. "

I think of him as an action hero/man.

Righty ho.

Does that mean women can't be superheroes?

Not twisting words, just checking your view."

Wonder woman, Super girl. I don't know when they were dreamed up but Wonder woman is now a legendary being I think.

I wouldn't call Poison Ivy a Superhero; I think I'm wrong.

The Six Million Dollar Man!! I should have thought of him, he was amazing. I'm thinking of lots of examples now.

I think of him as an action hero/man."

Did you go to the SF exhibition at the Barbican last year? I think the best bit was the interactive map showing the origins or so many of the origin stories. Superhero and action hero become almost interchangeable, depending on context. Steve Austin couldn't stop time but running that fast would be seen as a super skill.

By *inkyLondonpairCouple  over a year ago

London

Maybe I am over thinking this, but isn't a disabled super hero an oxymoron.

The definition of a disabled person is someone whose ability is less than the average person. The definition of a super hero someone whose ability is greater than the average person.

You could have a disabled person who gets some super power, but then they wouldn't be disabled anymore...

I think of him as an action hero/man.

Did you go to the SF exhibition at the Barbican last year? I think the best bit was the interactive map showing the origins or so many of the origin stories. Superhero and action hero become almost interchangeable, depending on context. Steve Austin couldn't stop time but running that fast would be seen as a super skill.

"

I didn't even know about it. Sounds interesting though.

Daredevil is blind, so basically disabled

"Maybe I am over thinking this, but isn't a disabled super hero an oxymoron.

The definition of a disabled person is someone whose ability is less than the average person. The definition of a super hero someone whose ability is greater than the average person.

You could have a disabled person who gets some super power, but then they wouldn't be disabled anymore... "

That's an interesting point. Differently abled maybe.

The Six Million Dollar Man!! I should have thought of him, he was amazing. I'm thinking of lots of examples now. "

He'd be kind of cheap these days - you wouldn't get much for $6 million. Set of bionic false teeth and a kevlar wig maybe.

By *anTouchThisCouple  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Returning to the wheelchair theme, Barbara Gordon (Batgirl) ends up in a wheelchair and adopts the Oracle persona, continuing to fight crime. She's a leading member of the Birds of Prey.

By *ojo1964Man  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"I would love a wheelchair that could hover it would make life so much better when trying to get on a pavement "

So you love a wheelchair? I'd swap you any day of the week? Having being disabled for all my life, I can tell you it is not good but you make the best of what you've got and carry on.

Well you can have the stigma on having to prove that you're a disabled in front of a CAPITA/ATOS assessment officer. That is just for starters.

Sorry if I come across negative but nobody ever wants to be in wheelchair. Trust me.....

Professor x is in a wheelchair and he's the man

Thor’s origins was a crippled medical student called Donald blake

"I would love a wheelchair that could hover it would make life so much better when trying to get on a pavement

So you love a wheelchair? I'd swap you any day of the week? Having being disabled for all my life, I can tell you it is not good but you make the best of what you've got and carry on.

Well you can have the stigma on having to prove that you're a disabled in front of a CAPITA/ATOS assessment officer. That is just for starters.

Sorry if I come across negative but nobody ever wants to be in wheelchair. Trust me..... "

She is in a wheelchair. She wants one that hovers to make it easier to get onto pavements.

By *espectful_KinksterMan  over a year ago

Abergele

Don't all superhero's have a disability?

health issues, personality issues, something that render them hopeless. ...

I wonder how people with disabilities would see it?"

I noticed in the news yesterday that it's being planned to issue disabled badges to people with mental health issues.

I wonder if the powers that be read Fab.......

Professor X seemed to do ok.

In a town Fab forgot

I wonder how people with disabilities would see it?

I noticed in the news yesterday that it's being planned to issue disabled badges to people with mental health issues.

I wonder if the powers that be read Fab.......

"

I expect some "powers that be" are probably ON Fab.

» Add a new message to this topic