FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > provoked thoughts from another thread

provoked thoughts from another thread

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

about people you really fancy.... do any of you, (like we do) sometimes think "omg, they are far too good looking/beautiful to be interested in someone like me/us" ??? even though you meet all their criteria, so you don't bother to contact them??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

I used to feel like that but after speaking to so many people and finding out that the majority are just normal and down to earth despite having fabulous pics and oustanding profiles I don't think like that anymore

"I used to feel like that but after speaking to so many people and finding out that the majority are just normal and down to earth despite having fabulous pics and oustanding profiles I don't think like that anymore "

but ... you are on our list regarding the thread

it's harder to do on here, but on a website i used to be a member of you could remark in a guestbook if you fancied someone

so if i fancied someone, i would look thru their guestbook and see who they had 'complemented' back

if it was only muscled /athletic guys they had complemented back i wouldn't message them

if however there was the odd fat nacker like me in there, i'd chance my arm

I message everyone I fancy. If there are no pics I. ask for one to make a judgement.

I dont think there are people who are too atractive for me, there are a huge number of reasons for me to be turned down, how they look is just another one......

Nah....the worst they can say is no thanks...

I don`t compare myself negatively to others very often...rarely ever..

I have a very low opinion of myself and if someone compliments me i usually make a joke of it as i cant accept they mean it...

On here though i find that the people we swing with click with me in terms of mentality so looks dont play a big role and thus i accept they want to meet me...

If that makes sense

Sarah xx

"about people you really fancy.... do any of you, (like we do) sometimes think "omg, they are far too good looking/beautiful to be interested in someone like me/us" ??? even though you meet all their criteria, so you don't bother to contact them??"

^^^^very much this ^^^^

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I have no self confidence and often look at my wobble in the mirror and think if only I was a size 14 I'd find a partner or whatever... I don't think I am pretty I never have done.. However I do think in swinging and in dating terms there is someone for everyone...

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"about people you really fancy.... do any of you, (like we do) sometimes think "omg, they are far too good looking/beautiful to be interested in someone like me/us" ??? even though you meet all their criteria, so you don't bother to contact them??"

Not really, but if I engage someone on the forums and they don't reply then I assume they wouldn't be interested in a message. Saves my fingers and pride.

If you're in their age range, then why not.

Mind you if in their verifications they only show people who not your age, build etc, chances are you're wasting your time. But it hasn't cost you anything.

Some profiles do seem a little out of reach because of their requirements in their written profile. Mainly the professional couple who have a higher standard than us underdogs.

One thing that I don't understand, is the fact these professional, high flyers write their strict guide lines but spell most of the words incorrectly, along with poor grammar.

Much too good for us

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I dont do first messages but once in 12 years i have. I messaged a guy who i thought was gorgeous and he came across as a nice person so i thought bugger it and messaged him. That was over 5 years ago and im still shagging him

I am just an ordinary chap but do ok and think I maybe as attracted by a witty line from someone as much as there pic. Maybe it is an age thing? Maybe I am at a funny age.... and have been for several decades!

"Some profiles do seem a little out of reach because of their requirements in their written profile. Mainly the professional couple who have a higher standard than us underdogs.

One thing that I don't understand, is the fact these professional, high flyers write their strict guide lines but spell most of the words incorrectly, along with poor grammar.

Much too good for us "

Yes, I've noticed that.

They've usually got a BMW on the drive and no food or booze in the fridge.

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, you are who you are Im under no illusions that there are people who won't find me attractive, when I've mailed them they can decide for themselves...I say go for it what's ya got to lose..

"Some profiles do seem a little out of reach because of their requirements in their written profile. Mainly the professional couple who have a higher standard than us underdogs.

Much too good for us "

+1

All the time.

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

We do know what you mean. Perhaps it is more about age with us, but we have also shied away from profiles where perhaps the pictures look fantastic and/or the written profile makes us back off a little because of something that is said in it.

I think it is because we think of ourselves as average and when we get to those who are what we would think of as above average, we hesitate to contact.

First time we went to Cap d'Agde we stood in the Melrose like frightened rabbits. All those gorgeous bodies about and that is all we saw, didn't dare look anyone in the eye in case they spoke and we couldn't understand!

Missed out on a sexy couple that night, they had seen us but assumed that we didn't like the look of them because we didn't chat! They emailed us when we got back! OK at Cap now, but still have the problem with profiles....

"about people you really fancy.... do any of you, (like we do) sometimes think "omg, they are far too good looking/beautiful to be interested in someone like me/us" ??? even though you meet all their criteria, so you don't bother to contact them??

We do know what you mean. Perhaps it is more about age with us, but we have also shied away from profiles where perhaps the pictures look fantastic and/or the written profile makes us back off a little because of something that is said in it.

I think it is because we think of ourselves as average and when we get to those who are what we would think of as above average, we hesitate to contact.

First time we went to Cap d'Agde we stood in the Melrose like frightened rabbits. All those gorgeous bodies about and that is all we saw, didn't dare look anyone in the eye in case they spoke and we couldn't understand!

Missed out on a sexy couple that night, they had seen us but assumed that we didn't like the look of them because we didn't chat! They emailed us when we got back! OK at Cap now, but still have the problem with profiles.... "

now there is another can of worms ... age range ..... we have seen some people on here with their max age restrictions .... but looking around profiles & pics, there are some older people on here (especially females) who are not only gorgeous, but also do not look anywhere near their stated age

Northants

"now there is another can of worms ... age range ..... we have seen some people on here with their max age restrictions .... but looking around profiles & pics, there are some older people on here (especially females) who are not only gorgeous, but also do not look anywhere near their stated age"

Yep! Seen them and drooled over pictures… Often wondered but can find no reason to put an older age than the real age! Lol. In fact, we have seen some really lovely pictures on here of couples around our age. They look gorgeous and then your first post comes into play. We don’t contact because… But we do tend to engage in conversation if we find em on the forums, can judge better as to what they are looking for…

Yep! There are some fantastic ladies over 50 on here…

Much too good for us

Yes, I've noticed that.

They've usually got a BMW on the drive and no food or booze in the fridge."

That's why they can't accomodate, so they can wine and dine at yours

Ten bob millionaires, don't you just love em!

oh yes even some of the ones who mail me, quite often to frighten to meet them

[Removed by poster at 25/11/11 16:00:13]

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

The hottest guy that ever messaged me ended up standing me up. Gorgeous on the outside does not mean nice on the inside, unfortunately.

Yes !!

We still feel like we cant message certain people because they look absolutely gorgeous

Like others say - maybe we should chance it x x

"The hottest guy that ever messaged me ended up standing me up. Gorgeous on the outside does not mean nice on the inside, unfortunately."

I said sorry but something came up xx

Northants

"The hottest guy that ever messaged me ended up standing me up. Gorgeous on the outside does not mean nice on the inside, unfortunately.

I said sorry but something came up xx "

Is there another meaning of the word "hottest"?? Hmmm... Unless it is an euphemism for “shortest”!!

(runs away tittering! Ooeerrr missus!)

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

i tend to prefer men older than me,and dont like 6 packs so with men its not an issue. The gorgeous 25 yr old hunk isnt what i am looking for,so the fact i am probably not what he is looking for isnt a problem

With women i do find myself amazed that some truly stunning women in chat want to meet me.i have better self esteem than i used to but there are still wow moments

i think though that being female makes it easier for me,i can be chatting with someone in chat,and it only gradually dawns on me they fancy me

"The hottest guy that ever messaged me ended up standing me up. Gorgeous on the outside does not mean nice on the inside, unfortunately.

I said sorry but something came up xx

Is there another meaning of the word "hottest"?? Hmmm... Unless it is an euphemism for “shortest”!!

(runs away tittering! Ooeerrr missus!)

"

cheeky xx

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

nope not at all

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

[Removed by poster at 25/11/11 17:38:52]

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Yes but then we very rarely initiate first contact in general.

But we did both fancy one couple in particular for ages, finally plucked up the courage to email them and they are now great friends.

» Add a new message to this topic