FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Stupid tears

Stupid tears

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So, I read that the worst part about being a vet is putting animals down. Most owners can’t deal with being in the room with them, so apparently most animals spend their last moments frantically looking around for their owners.

Now I’m sat in bed, crying my heart out and trying to cuddle my four dogs, who aren’t usually allowed in my room and are therefore pulling everything out, annoying the fuck out of me.

What have you over-the-top cried over recently?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I've always held my pets as they go. Could cry now just thinking about it

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"I've always held my pets as they go. Could cry now just thinking about it "

Yup, only decent thing to do.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So, I read that the worst part about being a vet is putting animals down. Most owners can’t deal with being in the room with them, so apparently most animals spend their last moments frantically looking around for their owners.

Now I’m sat in bed, crying my heart out and trying to cuddle my four dogs, who aren’t usually allowed in my room and are therefore pulling everything out, annoying the fuck out of me.

What have you over-the-top cried over recently?"

Oh stop! I hate this!

And what’s worse is my cat who I had for 15 years died whilst I was on holiday in Majorca in 2016 so she had my mom with her.

Still broke my heart!

I cried at Love Island yesterday when Kaz & Josh said they loved each other. I have no clue why I cried, my hormones are probably playing up as I never cry!

I had a golden retriever growing up but I had moved out when he was put down. I had my younger sisters staying over, but my mum and dad held him, and my brother sat outside (he couldn’t face it) and honestly, this breaks my heart

"So, I read that the worst part about being a vet is putting animals down. Most owners can’t deal with being in the room with them, so apparently most animals spend their last moments frantically looking around for their owners.

Oh stop! I hate this!

And what’s worse is my cat who I had for 15 years died whilst I was on holiday in Majorca in 2016 so she had my mom with her.

Still broke my heart!

I cried at Love Island yesterday when Kaz & Josh said they loved each other. I have no clue why I cried, my hormones are probably playing up as I never cry! "

We were on holiday a few years ago when one of our cats was hit by a car - my grandad had to take him

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I read that somewhere too. Absolutely heartbreaking. They are so loyal to us and it should be rewarded when they need us.

Ah. Mamma Mia 2. I proper cried.

A film I recently watched about two people who were madly in love but couldn't be together, then he died.

It ended where her son had needed a heart transplant and they found out later that the donated heart was from the man she was in love with.

I was literally sobbing my heart out.

I held my cat in my lap as she slipped away

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I stayed with my dogs when they were put to sleep, it was totally heart breaking both times but I'd never have left them alone. One of the only times I've seen my dad cry as well.

in general terms (one or two exceptions) have found the grief over losing pets worse than losing relatives - don't know what to make of that - but it's true.

By *unnyhahaWoman  over a year ago

Oz

i cried stupid tears for a guy who ghosted me after 4 years. sucks!

But tbh i cry at anything these days

Im such a soppy sod

"I stayed with my dogs when they were put to sleep, it was totally heart breaking both times but I'd never have left them alone. One of the only times I've seen my dad cry as well. "

I’ve had cats and dogs growing up and loved them all so much - but moving in with my husband and getting our four dogs, I honestly didn’t know I could love pets as much as I do now. I sometimes cry because I think they’re so cute. If I’m ever having a panic attack or I’m crying (like I am now) they’ll bring me their toys (although currently Benji has brought over his bear, and the rest have brought over socks). They’re the best

Worst part as an owner is when the vet says she wont feel a think and she yelps and crys until she dosnt thats fucking torture 5 years iv never forgoten the sound

"But tbh i cry at anything these days

Im such a soppy sod "

Oh so do I! If I go a week without crying it’s a miracle

Last time I cried was in February. When I had my old boy pts. I stayed with him the entire time, it completely broke me but he didn't die alone.

Haven't cried since then, and I'm not normally an emotional crier.

"Worst part as an owner is when the vet says she wont feel a think and she yelps and crys until she dosnt thats fucking torture 5 years iv never forgoten the sound"

Oh no

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

This whole thread is making me cry

"This whole thread is making me cry "

I’m sorry

If it helps - I’m still crying too. Big, fat, ugly tears

By *yrdsisWoman  over a year ago

Gleam Street

Been there for every pet Ive had put to sleep... they were ALL in my arms as they passed...I couldnt imagine not doing it, no matter how hard I cried.... its horrific, sad and awful, but I couldnt let them go alone

"But tbh i cry at anything these days

Im such a soppy sod

Oh so do I! If I go a week without crying it’s a miracle "

I bawled my eyes out last night watching Love your garden

I've always held my pets that have had to be put down and talked to them until it's over. Bloody horrible but I only shed a tear over one.Funny coincidence, got something in my eye now.

I cry every time I've left the hospital after visiting my Grandmother as she seems to be deteriorating before my eyes every time I see her ... And whether she is old or not, it makes no difference to how much I love her and how much it's going to fucking hurt when she does finally leave me

"i cried stupid tears for a guy who ghosted me after 4 years. sucks!"

You had him put down?

"I cry every time I've left the hospital after visiting my Grandmother as she seems to be deteriorating before my eyes every time I see her ... And whether she is old or not, it makes no difference to how much I love her and how much it's going to fucking hurt when she does finally leave me "

Every time I visit my granny and grandad (they live five minutes away, so pretty often) I leave feeling upset. Their health is fine, they’re both independent and live in their own house and they both still drive, go on holidays and nights out etc but last year it hit me that they won’t live forever - it breaks my heart

Gleam Street

"I cry every time I've left the hospital after visiting my Grandmother as she seems to be deteriorating before my eyes every time I see her ... And whether she is old or not, it makes no difference to how much I love her and how much it's going to fucking hurt when she does finally leave me "

I have no grandparents left... they were awesome and left me with a real legacy... make the most of them...she wouldnt want you to cry... but rejoice in her life... xxx

"I cry every time I've left the hospital after visiting my Grandmother as she seems to be deteriorating before my eyes every time I see her ... And whether she is old or not, it makes no difference to how much I love her and how much it's going to fucking hurt when she does finally leave me

Every time I visit my granny and grandad (they live five minutes away, so pretty often) I leave feeling upset. Their health is fine, they’re both independent and live in their own house and they both still drive, go on holidays and nights out etc but last year it hit me that they won’t live forever - it breaks my heart "

I had three grandparents when I was 21 but for the last 10 years have only had the one. I know she is old, and I know it has to happen to us all but until 12 months ago she was still doing amazingly. She still lives independently at home when she's not in hospital but this last fall has really had a major effect on her and she is just deteriorating by the day ... and it breaks my heart every single time

Gleam Street

"I cry every time I've left the hospital after visiting my Grandmother as she seems to be deteriorating before my eyes every time I see her ... And whether she is old or not, it makes no difference to how much I love her and how much it's going to fucking hurt when she does finally leave me

Every time I visit my granny and grandad (they live five minutes away, so pretty often) I leave feeling upset. Their health is fine, they’re both independent and live in their own house and they both still drive, go on holidays and nights out etc but last year it hit me that they won’t live forever - it breaks my heart "

Its horrific to think, but they want you to live and enjoy your life... take comfort in the fact that you have them and get to love them xx

I have no grandparents left... they were awesome and left me with a real legacy... make the most of them...she wouldnt want you to cry... but rejoice in her life... xxx"

I know you're right but at the moment I just can't xxx

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I read that post too. I remember having to have my first dog put to sleep. It was heart breaking, but I was the only one to stay with her. It was the first time I realised my parents were human and not as strong as I thought.

I often cry at random videos on Facebook, usually in a morning or at certain times of the month.

By *urved HunnyWoman  over a year ago

Essex

I've worked at a vets for 20 yrs. Sadly helping elderly pets to pass away peacefully was a regular part of my day, I have to say after doing this 100s of times I can only think of 2 occasions when the owner or close family member wasnt there at the end

By *londie8399Couple  over a year ago

blackpool

My loved pets are family I was there when I first brought them home and I will be there when they take there last beath in this world

I held both my dogs close when being put to sleep, my eyes are watering typing this

As an adult in my own right I’ve not had any pets. So not had to go through that. But I was crying after an argument with my youngest son last week. Seems to be a regular thing just lately x

"I read that somewhere too. Absolutely heartbreaking. They are so loyal to us and it should be rewarded when they need us.

Ah. Mamma Mia 2. I proper cried. "

Oh just been to see it. Cried my eyes out when they were in the church. Hahaha

By *hedevilwearspradaWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere nearby

There is no way I couldn’t have been there when my beautiful dog got put down. In fact the vet waited until my Dad, who he spent a lot of time with too, drove 2.5 hours to the vets so he could be there too.

He was on a lovely cosy blanket, and his head was resting on my arm and I was cuddling him, and my dad was stroking his back.

It was over so quickly but the thought of him being alone when that happened was too much to think about. It broke my heart though. 2 years down the line and I’m crying writing this.

My daughter was 2 at the time and so I told her what had happened and that he was the shiniest star in the sky. Still every night she stands at the back door chatting to him and gets excited when we are not at home and she sees a shiny star, as she says he’s followed is to wherever we are. Her talking about him all the time really helped me cope.

As for crying at other stuff, pretty much anything will see me off. I’m just one of those soft saps who cries at the daftest of things

"There is no way I couldn’t have been there when my beautiful dog got put down. In fact the vet waited until my Dad, who he spent a lot of time with too, drove 2.5 hours to the vets so he could be there too.

He was on a lovely cosy blanket, and his head was resting on my arm and I was cuddling him, and my dad was stroking his back.

It was over so quickly but the thought of him being alone when that happened was too much to think about. It broke my heart though. 2 years down the line and I’m crying writing this.

My daughter was 2 at the time and so I told her what had happened and that he was the shiniest star in the sky. Still every night she stands at the back door chatting to him and gets excited when we are not at home and she sees a shiny star, as she says he’s followed is to wherever we are. Her talking about him all the time really helped me cope.

As for crying at other stuff, pretty much anything will see me off. I’m just one of those soft saps who cries at the daftest of things "

totally agree - my aunty has asked me to take her cat (rescue cat) to be put to sleep as she cannot bear to witness it - neither can I as he's gorgeous but 18 years old now and really struggling - it really is the most awful thing

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Killed by my debt

Even talking about it to others makes me cry

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

I finished a project at work.....took me days but when I stood back and looked at it, I burst into tears, first time I have ever actually been wowed because i am my own worst critic

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Never let a family dog "go to sleep" on its own i take that last journey with them in my mind it keeps them at peace for their last moments

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We have had to have two of our cats put down, the others died naturally. I can tell you that they don't spend their last moments frantically looking around for their owners. I chose to stay with our first cat in the mistaken belief that it would comfort her. I would never do it again.

I haven't over the top cried for a very long time. I think age has given me a certain perspective I didn't previously have. I did plenty of over the top crying when I was younger though.

"I've worked at a vets for 20 yrs. Sadly helping elderly pets to pass away peacefully was a regular part of my day, I have to say after doing this 100s of times I can only think of 2 occasions when the owner or close family member wasnt there at the end "

I find it hard to believe people aren’t there with their pets. Of course it’s a bloody upsetting thing to do, but it’s your duty as an owner to see it through.

Still one of the most upsetting things I’ve ever had to do, was to agree to have my dog put down

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I've worked at a vets for 20 yrs. Sadly helping elderly pets to pass away peacefully was a regular part of my day, I have to say after doing this 100s of times I can only think of 2 occasions when the owner or close family member wasnt there at the end

I find it hard to believe people aren’t there with their pets. Of course it’s a bloody upsetting thing to do, but it’s your duty as an owner to see it through.

Still one of the most upsetting things I’ve ever had to do, was to agree to have my dog put down "

I chose not to the second time.

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

My worst ever moment was helping my dad and the vet lift our beloved family dog into the vets freezer after he had put it down following a stroke that had oaralised the poor thing - still brings a tear to the eye

By *eliciousladyWoman  over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

As humans we cope with sorrow in different ways, some prefer to remember them as they always were.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

I have assisted with many PTS over the last 18 years. We often go to clients home when they are ready or they brought to clinic.

As a rule the client holds the pets head or cuddles whilst the injection is given. If pet is really agitated it will be sedated a little before a catheter is put in.

Always heartbreaking for everyone. We do get fond of the clients and pets alike.

By *umpsimusMan  over a year ago

Camberley

2 put down, 2 cuddled as they went.

1 being looked after by a niece died in his bed at home while I was on holiday.he was old and not 100% fit but it was unexpected, happy that he was not at the cattery.

By *unnyhahaWoman  over a year ago

Oz

"i cried stupid tears for a guy who ghosted me after 4 years. sucks!

You had him put down? "

no. i am the stupid one.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

I wept like a baby when my cat died last year while I was on holiday

He was in the cattery so they dealt with things for me but I will never forget him but just wish I could have been there for him

It’s so hard when losing a pet

By *arry and AnnCouple  over a year ago

Louth

A few months ago i lost 4 of my 5 pets to an unknown sickness over the course of about a week. I am grown man, and in no way ashamed to say when the last one died i collapsed on the floor and bawled my eyes out for the better part of an hour. It was such a helpless feeling to watch them go when even the vet couldnt help them

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Why were you crying?

...Up on the Downs

"A few months ago i lost 4 of my 5 pets to an unknown sickness over the course of about a week. I am grown man, and in no way ashamed to say when the last one died i collapsed on the floor and bawled my eyes out for the better part of an hour. It was such a helpless feeling to watch them go when even the vet couldnt help them "

Heartbreaking.

...Up on the Downs

Try putting colicking horses down - that will bring you to your knees.

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

I had to sit with my 12 year old Staffordshire bull terrier last year when the vet put him to sleep due to liver cancer. He'd been my best mate since I brought him home as a tiny puppy and we'd been inseperable for all that time. I may be a big muscular soldier but I was sobbing like a baby, I absolutely loved that dog

Cried because i have zero confidence in myself and i had an evaluation at the end of placement where my supervisor told me how good i was.

I still dont have confidence and i bawled my eyes out. Lol.

York

"Cried because i have zero confidence in myself and i had an evaluation at the end of placement where my supervisor told me how good i was.

"

Nawwww have a virtual hug

"Never let a family dog "go to sleep" on its own i take that last journey with them in my mind it keeps them at peace for their last moments "

Mine would probably had been better for me not to be there.

I was completely hysterical, unashamedly bawling my eyes out, hyperventilating and when it was done my legs buckled. I couldn't have made it worse if I tried.

But he was my baby boy and no way was I letting him go in a strange room surrounded by strange people.

I was blubbing last night at Poldark

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I let Pooch in my bed I admit that. And I would never leave him in his last minutes that's cruel . Hug them all you can they are ace dogs xx

"Cried because i have zero confidence in myself and i had an evaluation at the end of placement where my supervisor told me how good i was.

"

You’re the best xx

By *inkyLondonpairCouple  over a year ago

London

We have had to have two of our cats put down, the others died naturally. I can tell you that they don't spend their last moments frantically looking around for their owners. I chose to stay with our first cat in the mistaken belief that it would comfort her. I would never do it again.

I haven't over the top cried for a very long time. I think age has given me a certain perspective I didn't previously have. I did plenty of over the top crying when I was younger though. "

I'm a bit like you. I have a cat which is essentially only interested in me because I provide her with food and shelter. So I can't think she would require any comfort from me if she had to be put down.

There's also the point of course that animals are not aware they are being killed. It will the same as any other vet visit to them. Unless, of course, their owner is visibly distressed.

"Try putting colicking horses down - that will bring you to your knees. "

It's the eyes isn't it? Bloody awful...

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

We actually have a Bereavement Councilor at work who actually helps people through their grief which can go on for several months.

She is wonderful and clients really appreciate the help. It is very natural to break down when a pet you have loved for years passes away .

I don’t think anyone should worry about being upset.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I've always done this too, just held and stroked them x

By *abarellaWoman  over a year ago

Warminster

"I read that somewhere too. Absolutely heartbreaking. They are so loyal to us and it should be rewarded when they need us.

Ah. Mamma Mia 2. I proper cried. "

Haha same here. That film is ace, much better than the first one.

I've always been there when my pets have been put to sleep. Sadly not been there when some have passed naturally

One reason why I won't have a pet of my own. Can't handle the thought of having to make the right decision when the time comes.

I've been with all my pets and never has any of them looked around till my poor dog last week.

.I am still traumatized. He got the injection and then barked all panicked and was looking to me and my daughter.( she's 20 so not a baby) I told her he was just feeling dizzy.

I cried loads x

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I can honestly say that as I have no kids , that when the time comes for Pooch to leave me , I will probably want to go with him

I never used to cry about anything but I feel im getting emotional in my old age, I tear up watching movies nowadays especially anything to do with children and their parents or love.

I had a pet rat that had to be put down, most people just go "eeew" but he was fucking adorable, we spent out last moments together tickling his belly and I got kisses on my nose, my heart broke and I cried for ages

York

"One reason why I won't have a pet of my own. Can't handle the thought of having to make the right decision when the time comes. "

It's heartbreaking when they go but with dogs you get at least a decade of great times with them, and much longer with some breeds. I'm still sad about my staffy but the 12 years of long walks in the countryside, playfighting on the lawn, playing daft games with him and just having a constant buddy who sat with me when I was watching films or whatever was all worth it.

Yeah getting a pet is just setting yourself up for heartbreak but its totally worth it

What a film called Daisy a hen into the wild and I challenge anyone not to utterly blub at the end. I know I did. Not cried like that over anything for years.

Had a few pets in my time .. cried everytime ive had to put one down and always been in the room.. i get very very emotional but they are family .. getting emotional now thinking about it

By *esus H ChristMan  over a year ago

birmingham

Reading this thread.......

"Reading this thread....... "

By *esus H ChristMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"Reading this thread.......

"

I'm supposed to go out in a bit and I'm a sobbing mess....

my daughter telling me that's she's pregnant, at last some joy in our family

At work recently, talking to a man whose wife had just died. The love he had for her was obvious in every word he spoke about her. Just about held it together until he left the room then dissolved into tears.

» Add a new message to this topic