FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sunglasses

Sunglasses

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Was having a conversation at work about sunglasses. They were saying they NEED to have a good pair of sunglasses - they can’t cope in the sun without them!

Do you agree? Where do you get your sunglasses from? What brand/designer are they?

I get mine from Primark because I’m cheap and easy

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Was having a conversation at work about sunglasses. They were saying they NEED to have a good pair of sunglasses - they can’t cope in the sun without them!

Do you agree? Where do you get your sunglasses from? What brand/designer are they?

I get mine from Primark because I’m cheap and easy "

each to their own

I tend not to have any. Prescription sunglasses are expensive.

Mine are prescription ones

Mine are from Primark too OP! Cute, 60s and pink framed.

Did I show you my Harry Potter Primark shoes?

"Was having a conversation at work about sunglasses. They were saying they NEED to have a good pair of sunglasses - they can’t cope in the sun without them!

I have prescription ones one pair timberland other quicksilver I love em

I wear spectacles all the time and i can't cope with bright sunlight, it really is painful. I always have photo reactive lenses, they're a life saver.

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Need to be carefully with cheap Sunnies, they need an spf rating like sunscreens, or they don't actually protect your eyes.

Cheaper ones make it darker, pupils dilate and let even more uv into eyes.

My husbands cousin is a tech for Specsavers and is pretty high up in the company so whenever my husband needs new glasses he gets them for free. However, he has glasses that tint into sunglasses when it’s even slightly bright. Which is apparently a nightmare - on our wedding day he just popped his lenses out of his glasses for our outdoor photos

By *ella-donnaWoman  over a year ago

Preston

Mine are prescription and worth what I pay for them

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

I have two pairs

Guess for general use and my Bvulgaria Visors for driving and when out and about anywhere nice.

Mrs M

By *rwhite30Man  over a year ago

deptford London

mine are hugo boss, but only as i have a friend who 'gets hold' of things and sells them on the cheap

"Mine are from Primark too OP! Cute, 60s and pink framed.

Did I show you my Harry Potter Primark shoes? "

No - but no doubt I have the same pair!

I have three pairs of primark glasses - a pink 60s style pair, pink love heart styled, and normal brown ones

I'm from the Punk generation we use to wear cheap shades from the market... there's no way I'd pay the prices of the designer ones... obviously prescription glasses is a different matter and you'd buy the best for you....... Cool hairstyle O.P ... Xx

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I need prescription ones too as I never did get the hang of contacts. I got a cute Converse pair from good old Specsavers as a freebie when I got my last pair of specs. I got a pair of prescription Ray Bans too but they aren’t quite right and my eyesight isn’t great when I wear them. I do look bloody good in them though (obviously I cannot see to verify this but I assume it’s a given)

"I'm from the Punk generation we use to wear cheap shades from the market... there's no way I'd pay the prices of the designer ones... obviously prescription glasses is a different matter and you'd buy the best for you....... Cool hairstyle O.P ... Xx "

Thank you very much!! xxx

By *eordie JoJoTV/TS  over a year ago

Newcastle

sunglasses snob I’m afraid ..... can’t put a price on sun damage to your eyes ....

I have a pair of Raybans and Gucci and sunglass hut I think

I have quite a few pairs but my two new pairs are Miu Miu and Christian Dior. I recently lost a very expensive pair of Tom Fords, was gutted.

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

Prescription Maui Jim’s for me but I’ve just got a pair of transitions glasses. Prefer the look of normal sunglasses but get fed up swapping them over.

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Oakley

Bought them a decade ago now for £99. Expensive at the time but bargain really.

Cheap glasses are okay but the UV rays get through. The Oakley's stopped a lot of headaches I was getting. I live under them in the summer.

See it as an investment in your health and get proper ones.

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

I used to wear Maui Jim’s before I got my prescription lenses. I never scrimp on sunglasses, my sight is worth more than that.

By *s_macWoman  over a year ago

Traffic land

I recently lost my lovely Ralph Lauren sunnies that I treated myself to in New York for my 40th, so I’m back on a Primark pair until I find some I like again.

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

I lose sunglasses too often to buy expensive pairs. I don’t like wearing them as it feels like a barrier between me and the world but on very bright days they do come in handy.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I lose them, crush them, destroy them...it's just not worth me buying designer ones anymore, so I am just hoping the CE mark on the cheapos is enough to protect me.

By *rwhite30Man  over a year ago

deptford London

i have one designer pair, had them for about 4 years now, i think as im getting older i dont lose things, same for gloves and scarfs, i have had them a while now

Polarized Ray Ban's for me

Guess for the car.

Armani and Gucci for holidays.

Via tkmaxx!

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Ray bans had them for about twenty years now.

"I recently lost my lovely Ralph Lauren sunnies that I treated myself to in New York for my 40th, so I’m back on a Primark pair until I find some I like again."

Tkmaxx.

By *an_LexaCouple  over a year ago

Sunderland

I’m one of those who needs my sunglasses. Polarised too for driving.

I also love my Ralph Lauren.

"Guess for the car.

Armani and Gucci for holidays.

Via tkmaxx!

"

I love tkmaxx!

Wayfarers from a reputable seller on eBay. Always good secondhand stock and about 50% of the shop price. I now have back up raybans for my raybans.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

So long as they're polarized or whatever I tend to buy them because I like them not because of the brand - the two pairs I currently use are Ted Baker and Superdry

I agree i get skiing ones they protect from the glare

I splashed out on a pair of Oakleys at the airport (and saved a ton off the price) before a snow holiday. I ended up wearing them more than the snow goggles. Absolutely fantastic cut out a lot of reflective glare too.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I get mine from either duty free or Gibraltar. I travel a lot so collect them with watches now.

I also have found some great retro Ray Bans in an antique shop.

I then get Spec savers to sort my lens out for me. I have not messed with the classic Ray Bans though.

Oakleys for me

Ray bans are a bit too heavy for my work

Got the from sunglass hut

Mine are cheapies as I'm always losing/dropping/breaking them. I can't afford to replace expensive ones!

"Mine are cheapies as I'm always losing/dropping/breaking them. I can't afford to replace expensive ones!"

Or you can have a pair of nice ones with matching sunglass string;)

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

One pair of slightly battered prescription Oakleys that I can’t afford to replace. They do the job and have lasted for years.

...Up on the Downs

"I agree i get skiing ones they protect from the glare"

Yes, you need to be sure of quality for skiing I think, some serious rays up there!

Mine are £5.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Primark for me too, I've spent good money on pairs in the past, but they either get nicked, lost or sat on

...Up on the Downs

"Mine are £5. "

They look good on you too!

No discerning gentleman should be without a pair of Wayfarers and a pair of brogues. Both avalaible at prices to suit everybody, rich or poor.

I had a pair I got in a sale for £45 and my daughter borrowed them.

I never saw them again,so,I've just bought a pair from Boots that were £7.50 in a sale.

They work fine.

Sunglasses are a weakness... lots of pairs to suit different moods and outfits... think I may be a poser...

By *utie91Woman  over a year ago

Hitchin

Mine are ted bakers at the moment..... wish I could get cheep ones that actually suited my face though.

And I can’t do my job without them as it’s dangerous driving when you can’t see a thing lol

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"My husbands cousin is a tech for Specsavers and is pretty high up in the company so whenever my husband needs new glasses he gets them for free. However, he has glasses that tint into sunglasses when it’s even slightly bright. Which is apparently a nightmare - on our wedding day he just popped his lenses out of his glasses for our outdoor photos "

Mr Ruggers has them, if he puts them on the bathroom windowsill to take a shower they darken and he looks like Roy Orbison walking round the house until they clear

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

A have a couple of cheap primark ones plus one pair of oakley and one pair of police sunglasses. To be honest the cheap one work just as well as the designer ones

Mrs has prescription ones and says for anybody who wears glasses it is the way forward.

By *ystical_InkedBBWWoman  over a year ago

somewhere in the Shire of Derby

Fiver from Matalan and had them years lol

"My husbands cousin is a tech for Specsavers and is pretty high up in the company so whenever my husband needs new glasses he gets them for free. However, he has glasses that tint into sunglasses when it’s even slightly bright. Which is apparently a nightmare - on our wedding day he just popped his lenses out of his glasses for our outdoor photos

Mr Ruggers has them, if he puts them on the bathroom windowsill to take a shower they darken and he looks like Roy Orbison walking round the house until they clear"

Does he like them normally? My husband hates them! But still won’t go buy a decent pair of glasses. Because he doesn’t pay, he is bottom of the list when it comes to his cousin doing them. And usually he’d rather wait and take what he’s given - although I think I’ve finally made him see sense, and he’s been looking online for some!

At the end of last summer Debenhams sold off a load of Bloc polarised for around 20 quid, well worth it at that price if they're available again.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"My husbands cousin is a tech for Specsavers and is pretty high up in the company so whenever my husband needs new glasses he gets them for free. However, he has glasses that tint into sunglasses when it’s even slightly bright. Which is apparently a nightmare - on our wedding day he just popped his lenses out of his glasses for our outdoor photos

Mr Ruggers has them, if he puts them on the bathroom windowsill to take a shower they darken and he looks like Roy Orbison walking round the house until they clear

Does he like them normally? My husband hates them! But still won’t go buy a decent pair of glasses. Because he doesn’t pay, he is bottom of the list when it comes to his cousin doing them. And usually he’d rather wait and take what he’s given - although I think I’ve finally made him see sense, and he’s been looking online for some!"

It took a lot to get used to but he hasn't given in and bought anything different...yet, he has prescription sunglasses too

I need a good pair of sunglasses, I have very light blue / grey eyes and struggle with the glare otherwise.

Cheapies don’t cut the UV rays out so I worry about the damage they could do to my eyes.

Currently sporting Ray Bans but need some new ones as they’re on their last legs.

If anyone knows of any good websites please pm me the info

Paid €80 for mine and Sun barely shines here

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

I wear Bloc polarised sunglasses, I had them with the grey lense as I am sensitive to grey light, they are reasonably priced which makes them perfect

By *uzzy NavelWoman  over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

Prescription ones here...

Ray bans paid a fair bit for them but had at least 10 years look after them always back in case when not using them tend to look after them when expensive get my money’s worth

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

I have clear prescription ray ban frames now too

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I wear specs with reactive lenses, they change to dark in sunlight very quickly.

Sadly not visa versa, the amount of times I've entered a building, walked into someone, tripped over something as its like the lights just turned off on me.

I have to remember to stand & wait for them to clear, which is a pain when your in a hurry

I have prescription sunglasses that are really good. Polarizing, glare reduction , all that stuff,from Specsavers

Red or dead prescription sunglasses x

"I wear specs with reactive lenses, they change to dark in sunlight very quickly.

Sadly not visa versa, the amount of times I've entered a building, walked into someone, tripped over something as its like the lights just turned off on me.

I have to remember to stand & wait for them to clear, which is a pain when your in a hurry "

My hubby hates them - especially for driving

Got 3 I use frequently. Guess, roberto cavalli and michael kors.

I don't buy designer clothes or shoes, but I do like to spend more on my bags and sunglasses.

My eyes water instantly in bright surroundings so I often wear sunglasses even on overcast days.

I have a Hugo Boss pair,

2 pairs of RayBans and a mirror finish by Ralf Lauren.

Always buy from Duty free

"My eyes water instantly in bright surroundings so I often wear sunglasses even on overcast days."

Me too!

Louis Vuitton or Ray bans for sunglasses

My normal glasses are the £20 cheapies because our dog has eaten a few pairs

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I used to just get mine from Next. I Bought a decent pair of Maui Jim's a couple of years ago and they've lasted really well and have a decent pair of lens.

I’ve never bothered with sunglasses until recently. But I’ve just bought mine from sungod website.

I’ve got blue eyes. They’re essential for me!

Had primarni ones for years but splashed out on decent ones a few years ago and finally I have a list I’ve never sat on or driven over

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

My chap got me some lovely Le specs shades.

They are fabulous

I'm with ZZ Top on this one ........

When you get up in the morning and the light is hurt your head,

The first thing you do when you get up out of bed,

Is hit that streets a-runnin' and try to beat the masses,

And go get yourself some cheap sunglasses,

Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah

Spied a little thing and I followed her all night,

In a funky fine Levis and her sweater's kind of tight,

She had a west coast strut that was as sweet as molasses,

But what really knocked me out was her cheap sunglasses,

Now go out and get yourself some big black frames,

With the glass so dark they won't even know your name,

And the choice is up to you cause they come in two classes,

Rhinestone shades or cheap sunglasses,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QePcj9BplMQ

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

Mine are prescription sunglasses that are about 6 years old. I can't wear them for driving because the lenses are so out of date.

Unfortunately I have to get my eyes tested every 12 months and always need new glasses every time because of changes in my vision. I just can't afford to get new sunglasses every year too, especially when we don't get that much sun in this country

"Need to be carefully with cheap Sunnies, they need an spf rating like sunscreens, or they don't actually protect your eyes.

Cheaper ones make it darker, pupils dilate and let even more uv into eyes."

Well they are mostly worn a a accessory on the head

I cant deal without sunglasses as otherwise i look like im going to murder someone when squinting..

I purchased a pair of raybans 7 years ago and theyre still going.. 100% worth the cash

By *radleywigginsMan  over a year ago

northwest

If I go outside when it’s sunny, instant sneezing attack. Anyone else?

Don’t spend a fortune on sunglasses, you only sit on them at some point.

Best place to buy them? Vietnam

By *rnice00Man  over a year ago

crawley

Ray bans worth the money

By *imnher17Couple  over a year ago

Mirfield

Oakley's all the way with prizm lenses. Clarity like you've never seen ('scuse the pub) have a pair for cycling/every day use and a smart pair.

A pair that I use while driving I got from the opticians about 15 ish years ago. Were expensive but worth every penny. For walking out and about found a good pair in Aldi

Mrs

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I use oakley sunglasses, I use them for everyday use and cycling.

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

Having spent 6 years working as an optical dispenser I’m very lucky to have many pairs of glasses and sunglasses that I bought for a fraction of the retail price due to my staff discount.

I’ve got about a dozen pairs of glasses, a couple of pairs of prescription sunglasses, various different contact lenses and some lovely non prescription raybans. My prescription has changed very little in the last 15+ years so I can use them all as and when I want to

By *opping_candyWoman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

I use my sunglasses a lot - when it's sunny that is! I'd find it hard without them as bright light really bothers me.

I don't get the need for a big brand though and wouldn't spend a lot on them. If I could wear standard ones I'd have several cheap and cheerful ones to choose from, and I did when I used contact lenses years ago.

I have a prescription pair that I got on the usual 2 for 1 deal at Specsavers when I got new glasses earlier this year, nothing fancy but they look just fine.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Primark - mainly because I lose them or sit on them or break them or drop them. I’m not that bothered if anything happens to them which I would if I was wearing Tom Ford or something.

» Add a new message to this topic