FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Riding giraffes

Riding giraffes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

So... Worcester and St Richards hospice have put up a series of giraffes all decorated by various schools, community groups etc

Some of them are in very popular areas with a lot of bars in and as a result lots of people have been pictured riding them.

The eternally offended of Facebook have branded these people morons and are calling for the to be caught to task.

As far as I am aware they are causing no damage and although there are signs saying don't climb there are no physical barriers to stop people doing so.

I've turned round and asked what the big deal is so now I'm being branded as disrespectful and being told I should visit the charity everytime someone rides the girrafes!

I do love Facebook at times lol

So, crime of the century or just a bit of fun?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wouldn't say crime of the century but it doesnt sound like they are there to be climbed on...

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Imagine actually riding a giraffe......they’re sort of akin to the Penny Farthing of the animal kingdom

By *esus H ChristMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"Imagine actually riding a giraffe......they’re sort of akin to the Penny Farthing of the animal kingdom "

I wonder how many hands they are....you'd definitely need a ladder to mount one.....errrr get your leg over.....i mean ride one.......you know what I mean!

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

It’s the cold snap, the snowflakes are feeling brave. Bring back the heatwave

By *ystical_InkedBBWWoman  over a year ago

somewhere in the Shire of Derby

Possibly because people make time and put effort in to help a charity by designing the giraffes which are to help the charity gain recognition and raise funds and feel their effort and the charity are being disrespected.

Somewhere In The Ether…

"Imagine actually riding a giraffe......they’re sort of akin to the Penny Farthing of the animal kingdom

I wonder how many hands they are....you'd definitely need a ladder to mount one.....errrr get your leg over.....i mean ride one.......you know what I mean!"

There’s always the Disney method: wait until their heads are down before running up their neck

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

"Imagine actually riding a giraffe......they’re sort of akin to the Penny Farthing of the animal kingdom

I wonder how many hands they are....you'd definitely need a ladder to mount one.....errrr get your leg over.....i mean ride one.......you know what I mean!

There’s always the Disney method: wait until their heads are down before running up their neck "

dont trip over the horns

Some people get offended by anything. I’d love to see them and sorry I’d have a go at riding one as well x

Bestie! You still grumpy from London? I get what you’re saying but the plan is for them to do good for charity and be auctioned off, if they do get damaged and one did then their value is weakened. So they are for a good cause abc they shouldn’t be ridden in my opinion (for what it’s worth)

birmingham

[Removed by poster at 30/07/18 17:54:49]

By *ve 66Woman  over a year ago

Blackwood

We had loads of dragons made by schools .there sited around Wales but yet to see one mounted. No mother in law jokes please

birmingham

There’s always the Disney method: wait until their heads are down before running up their neck "

I thought you could only slide down them Fred Flintstone stylee...

The giraffes get auctioned off to support kids in hospital.I am guessing they don't want them damaged by someone pissed up on the weekends.Reducing their value at auction.So not a snowflake in sight as the right wingers would have you believe just people wanting to support kids in hospital.

evesham

"Imagine actually riding a giraffe......they’re sort of akin to the Penny Farthing of the animal kingdom "

Haha!

evesham

"Bestie! You still grumpy from London? I get what you’re saying but the plan is for them to do good for charity and be auctioned off, if they do get damaged and one did then their value is weakened. So they are for a good cause abc they shouldn’t be ridden in my opinion (for what it’s worth) "

If they are damaged then yes, pitchfork at hand and make them pay for the damage.

Honestly though, these giraffes have become some sort of Idol for the people of Worcester.

I doubt buyers at a charity auction are going to be too concerned at a few scuff marks.... It's just a tax write off for them anyway.

I quite like the idea of them being an interactive art installation.

Also.... If you don't want pissed people riding them don't put them smack bang on the middle of a load of pubs!

Somewhere In The Ether…

Random Giraffe Fact: Did you know that despite the length of a giraffes neck, they actually possess only seven neck vertebrae, the exact same amount as we humans do?

Absolutely fascinating I’m sure you’ll all agree?

Tune again next time when I will be discussing dental statistics as relating to an average hippopotamus

evesham

"Possibly because people make time and put effort in to help a charity by designing the giraffes which are to help the charity gain recognition and raise funds and feel their effort and the charity are being disrespected. "

How though. Aren't the thousands of people who just walk past them taking no notice of them being more disrespectful of all the time and effort put in?

By *aren1956TV/TS  over a year ago

Fakenham

Giraffes are extinct in Norfolk

evesham

"Random Giraffe Fact: Did you know that despite the length of a giraffes neck, they actually possess only seven neck vertebrae, the exact same amount as we humans do?

Absolutely fascinating I’m sure you’ll all agree?

Tune again next time when I will be discussing dental statistics as relating to an average hippopotamus "

I haven't signed the consent form for you to get access to my dental records yet

By *ystical_InkedBBWWoman  over a year ago

somewhere in the Shire of Derby

"Possibly because people make time and put effort in to help a charity by designing the giraffes which are to help the charity gain recognition and raise funds and feel their effort and the charity are being disrespected.

How though. Aren't the thousands of people who just walk past them taking no notice of them being more disrespectful of all the time and effort put in? "

A lot will take notice of them. Having looked online about them there are a few events over the summer all connected to the giraffes and they obviously prove popular which works well for the charity in raising funds.

» Add a new message to this topic