FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Great Movies With Shitty Endings

Great Movies With Shitty Endings

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ensuallover1000 OP   Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

There are of course many movies which one will determine as being subjectively bad from the very off and which fail to get any better throughout. In fact only the merciful release of the closing credits subsequently serve as any semblance of ultimately derived enjoyment.

This thread is actually concerned with another cinematic entity however, namely those movies which have you utterly captivated throughout......until that is, the conclusion, whereupon you are left feeling utterly disappointed with the eventual outcome, cheated and possibly even insulted!

Yes, I want you to name movies which fit into this latter category for you and furthermore (if you can be arsed) to explain why.

By way of example, I shall commence proceedings by putting forward, The Game starring Michael Douglas.

Exciting and tension filled all the way through until the ending.....which was bloody ridiculous to put it mildly when one applies any semblance of simple logic to it. (He was precisely predicted to jump off THAT specific building, on THAT specific side?!?! Yeah right!)

Over to you FAB’sters

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *elloIntrigueMan  over a year ago

North West UK

I really didn't like the last 45 minutes of Man of Steel which spoiled the rest of the film for me after the first hour and a half.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sherlock Gnomes

By *elloIntrigueMan  over a year ago

North West UK

"Sherlock Gnomes "

Fortunately, haven't seen that one!

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Titanic

has to be:-

the stephen king's IT TV adaption...I love it..but the ending....

this new "Hereditary"...slow paced..and delivering some spooky promise..then THUMP,here's a pishy ending.

Somewhere In The Ether…

Now You See Me......

It was mildly engaging until that Godawful, cheap, lazy twist at the end.

HE was responsible for it all along?! I do call’eth particularly malodorous BULLSHIT my good sir!!!!

I suppose if this makes sense..

The Twilight Zone: The Movie.

I loved the movie..but now I know about the first story's('Time Out') real life tragedy/horror..I'm unsure if I'd ever watch it again. those two poor children and Vic Morrow.

By *rlo67Man  over a year ago

Dumfries

TV not film (sorry) but the ending to Sons of Anarchy.....

A special effect so laughably crappy it spoiled the whole experience.

Somewhere In The Ether…

"I suppose if this makes sense..

I loved the movie..but now I know about the first story's('Time Out') real life tragedy/horror..I'm unsure if I'd ever watch it again. those two poor children and Vic Morrow."

That was a truly horrible tragedy. I must admit that I to find that particular story hard to watch for the same reason (knowing exactly how the particular scene actually ended so horrifically in real life).

Bill kill, vol 1 was awesome in every way and vol 2 kicked ass aswell until the very end when she finally got to kill bill... by poking him in the chest.

Also the ending of the matrix trilogy, at the time it was epic and all that build up leading up was disappointing at the end

"Titanic "

Were you expecting the ship not to sink?

Somewhere In The Ether…

‘Enemy’ starring Jake Gyllenhaal.

I realise that the whole film is apparently metaphorical (or pretentious twaddle - take your pick) but seriously, WTF was that ending about?!???!!!

"I suppose if this makes sense..

I loved the movie..but now I know about the first story's('Time Out') real life tragedy/horror..I'm unsure if I'd ever watch it again. those two poor children and Vic Morrow.

That was a truly horrible tragedy. I must admit that I to find that particular story hard to watch for the same reason (knowing exactly how the particular scene actually ended so horrifically in real life)."

A terrible accident but there was definite accountability, however..despite the accident..however its very suspect in regards to the law..and I'm 100% certain had the children been American, there would have been national outcry.

*I stopped looking into it via youtube..as some had disgustingly slowed down the film so much during the horrific scene...as if it was 'entertainment'

Four Weddings and a Funeral was very nearly ruined by “Is it still raining? I hadn’t noticed”. It makes me grrrrrrrrrrr. But it redeemed itself with the future weddings snaps (particularly Kristin Scott Thomas and Prince Charles).

By *alking DisasterWoman  over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

10 Cloverfield Lane.

It's really good until the last 20 minutes where it just goes stupid.

The Italian Job, garbage, since Michael Caine could get close to the gold without the coach going over the edge then all they had to do was congregate at the opposite end and get the lightest man to go fetch to rocks to counter balance the gold, simple really.

Not a film, but the finale of Angel. After I first watched it I actually said "is that it?!" out loud.

I honestly seen the 6th sense end twist at some point early in the film..for me it was a dull end for that.

Somewhere In The Ether…

"Not a film, but the finale of Angel. After I first watched it I actually said "is that it?!" out loud. "

I felt the same with how the makers decided to end the classic series Quantum Leap;

I watched it for years, through multiple seasons and was rewarded at the very end with.........

........A piece of text on the screen saying that Dr Sam Beckett never got home!!!!!

Somewhere In The Ether…

"Four Weddings and a Funeral was very nearly ruined by “Is it still raining? I hadn’t noticed”. It makes me grrrrrrrrrrr. But it redeemed itself with the future weddings snaps (particularly Kristin Scott Thomas and Prince Charles). "

I must admit, I to was a bit pissed off that after Andie McDowell has buggered him around so much throughout the movie, our foppish protagonist turns his back on a girl who has loved him forever and runs back to her at the end

Somewhere In The Ether…

"10 Cloverfield Lane.

It's really good until the last 20 minutes where it just goes stupid."

Yes indeed, that film would have actually worked far better without the aliens at the end, rather as a purely psychological thriller dealing with the uncertainty of what the actual (if there was indeed a genuine) threat

South Oxfordshire

"10 Cloverfield Lane.

It's really good until the last 20 minutes where it just goes stupid.

Yes indeed, that film would have actually worked far better without the aliens at the end, rather as a purely psychological thriller dealing with the uncertainty of what the actual (if there was indeed a genuine) threat "

I was trying to not spoil it for people who hadn't watched it

But yes, the film should have stopped when she escaped.

Irreversible with Monica Belucci...looks like he killed the wrong man?

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Return of the Jedi. I hate Ewoks.

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

"TV not film (sorry) but the ending to Sons of Anarchy.....

A special effect so laughably crappy it spoiled the whole experience."

Everything past series 3 was shite

Somewhere In The Ether…

Another one: Skyline.

Aliens invade earth.

Aliens abduct the entire human race (including at the very end, the hero).

Aliens it turns out, are actually pulling the brains out of we poor humans in order to power their robots - and proceed to pull out our hapless heroes cerebellum(!) The End.

But wait!......for in a seemingly cynical set up for a (unwelcome!) sequel and to appease the kids, the heroes brain for some unknown reason suddenly takes control of his robot host who squares up and looks set to kick alien arse in true Power Rangers style(!!!)

Seriously, I swear a bloody kid dreamt that ending up

"Another one: Skyline.

Aliens invade earth.

Aliens abduct the entire human race (including at the very end, the hero).

Aliens it turns out, are actually pulling the brains out of we poor humans in order to power their robots - and proceed to pull out our hapless heroes cerebellum(!) The End.

But wait!......for in a seemingly cynical set up for a (unwelcome!) sequel and to appease the kids, the heroes brain for some unknown reason suddenly takes control of his robot host who squares up and looks set to kick alien arse in true Power Rangers style(!!!)

Seriously, I swear a bloody kid dreamt that ending up "

lol check out the sequel

Somewhere In The Ether…

And yet another one: Murder On The Orient Express.

Ok, so EVERYONE on the train killed the victim? (I normally loved her works but come on now, that’s a bit crap Agatha!)

So, we’re left with a train full of callous murderers and one solitary detective and his sidekick....and we’re left to believe that this crowd of decidedly unpleasant, cold bloodied killers all peacefully hand themselves over at the next station or something? Erm.....bullshit do I smell?

South Oxfordshire

"And yet another one: Murder On The Orient Express.

Ok, so EVERYONE on the train killed the victim? (I normally loved her works but come on now, that’s a bit crap Agatha!)

So, we’re left with a train full of callous murderers and one solitary detective and his sidekick....and we’re left to believe that this crowd of decidedly unpleasant, cold bloodied killers all peacefully hand themselves over at the next station or something? Erm.....bullshit do I smell? "

It's done better in the book. Yes they all stab him, but only one person is in the carriage at the time.

I think he lets them all go because of the nature of the crime.

Somewhere In The Ether…

"And yet another one: Murder On The Orient Express.

So, we’re left with a train full of callous murderers and one solitary detective and his sidekick....and we’re left to believe that this crowd of decidedly unpleasant, cold bloodied killers all peacefully hand themselves over at the next station or something? Erm.....bullshit do I smell?

It's done better in the book. Yes they all stab him, but only one person is in the carriage at the time.

I think he lets them all go because of the nature of the crime."

Or perhaps he was (quite sensibly) thinking for his own safety in letting them off

"Not a film, but the finale of Angel. After I first watched it I actually said "is that it?!" out loud.

I felt the same with how the makers decided to end the classic series Quantum Leap;

I watched it for years, through multiple seasons and was rewarded at the very end with.........

........A piece of text on the screen saying that Dr Sam Beckett never got home!!!!! "

I absolutely love Quantum Leap but was so bitterly disappointed with the ending........ how they could do that I will never know.....just a put my box set up for sale. -x-

Blade

Somewhere In The Ether…

"Not a film, but the finale of Angel. After I first watched it I actually said "is that it?!" out loud.

........A piece of text on the screen saying that Dr Sam Beckett never got home!!!!!

I absolutely love Quantum Leap but was so bitterly disappointed with the ending........ how they could do that I will never know.....just a put my box set up for sale. -x-"

It was a true slap in the face to long time fans I felt.

I suppose one could argue that it was nice insomuch that Sam effectively sacrificed returning home in order to give Al the chance for a normal and happy life but as the makers so sadly squandered the chance for a scene of farewell between the protagonists, there was no specific closure and we were left with a mere, decidedly abrupt piece of written text as our final vision. I might even have forgiven it slightly more if we would have seen Sam ‘Leap’ one final time and utter his famous, ‘Oh boy!’ as he entered a new body but, nope, ‘twas not to be

Somewhere In The Ether…

"Blade "

Wesley (pay my taxes?!) Snipes......enough said

By *nd-DCouple  over a year ago

portsmouth

How it ends ...

Crap film

Even worse ending.

Oh that other new 'astounding' movie 'A Quiet Place'.....near end: heres the monster in cgi..looks like she's gonna badass.end.

By *aughtycp1Couple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

The Bodyguard has to be the worst ending to a film of all time. Also The Golden Compass that says .. to be continued and they never did make a sequel.

Somewhere In The Ether…

"Oh that other new 'astounding' movie 'A Quiet Place'.....near end: heres the monster in cgi..looks like she's gonna badass.end."

Ah, CGI.....now whilst I’m not against it as such, I do very much believe that it is grossly overused in many of today’s movies, even to the very regretful extent of overshadowing the essence of simple story telling.

Indeed, I feel that many an ending to a modern movie has been notably abated in quality via an over reliance on CGI fx intrinsically designed to ‘bedazzle’ the audience whilst simultaneously throwing logic and a grounding of some semblance of reality out of the window.

Take Doctor Strange for instance; I quite enjoyed it throughout (and this from someone who isn’t even a big fan of super hero flicks in general) but the ending.......well, it’s best summarised as a CGI laden blur fest

"How it ends ...

Crap film

Even worse ending. "

I was like wtf is that it

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

Bridge over troubled water... what a lousy end.

Somewhere In The Ether…

"The Bodyguard has to be the worst ending to a film of all time. Also The Golden Compass that says .. to be continued and they never did make a sequel. "

Ha ha - I did quite like the emergency button in the Pope’s cross though

As regards the Golden Compass, I think it suffered the same fate as Eragon (the one with the dragon in it) which was supposed to be the start of a trilogy. Unfortunately, the studios obviously didn’t believe the financial returns merited a further sequel however.

I think they similarly, indefinitely shelved the Percy Jackson and The Chronicles Of Narnia franchises for the same reason

Somewhere In The Ether…

Oh, Revenge Of The Sith (Yes, I know it wasn’t great by any stretch of the imagination) but Samuel Jackson’s death.......he didn’t even get to shout ‘You mother fucker!’ as his final words(!) Nope, instead we got a decidedly lacklustre, ‘Arrrgghhh!’ as he went out the window

without it sounding like the ending actually ruined the movie..this ending just wanted me to see MORE!MORE!MORE!

District 9

*CGI note..it betters some of today's movies!-and its from 2009

Then the director makes an utterly crappy movie in comparison, "Chappie".

Rumours of a District 9 sequel/prequel(enough of the fucking prequels please!)were noted last year..unfortunately nothing yet...sigh

"Irreversible with Monica Belucci...looks like he killed the wrong man?"

You never know but I quite like that film!

By *lbert_shlossedMan  over a year ago

Manchester

The mist.

It's actually a great ending but just leaves you feeling awful

Somewhere In The Ether…

Ok, so a bit different this and despite it not being a ‘conventionally’ good film by any means, I did very much enjoy the original Mortal Kombat (in a dumb but fun kind of way - and come on, was that old school techno soundtrack not awesome?).

The sequel however.......Sweet Jesus!

South Oxfordshire

"The Bodyguard has to be the worst ending to a film of all time. Also The Golden Compass that says .. to be continued and they never did make a sequel. "

If you want to know how that one ends, read the books

» Add a new message to this topic