FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Singleton probs

Singleton probs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Oh my days where to begin. I’ve been on Pof and tinder actively looking for dates in the hope of it leading to more. Yet I just don’t have any success.

I am genuinely thinking some people are destined to just move on and click if you get me. I struggle! I hardly get any messages and when I do they are from men a lot younger who are not looking for a relationship or from men who are waaaay older or men who send messages such as “ your fit as fook”

I’m really loosing faith, one of my friends has been on there a couple of weeks and met a lovely guy who she’s dated a few times now and went away for the weekend. The last guy I was chatting to and got on really well with ended up wanting me to pay for everything and put all the effort in!

I genuinely do struggle to meet someone in real life and people say “ it will happen” I’m like “ yeah I’m sure Mr right is going to rock up to me in Asda and ask me out” it hasn’t happened in 40 yrs so I’m damn not going to leave it to fate.

Does this resonate with anyone else? Or am I the only sad singleton x

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sighs and nods

"Sighs and nods "

Glad I’m not the only one

I hear you xxx

Literally described my life right now ahah

Tinder waste of time POF is even worse find a quality dating site but I think it’s back to flirting round the fruit and veg in Tesco for me

Me too x

"Sighs and nods

Glad I’m not the only one "

The struggle is real my dear!

"Oh my days where to begin. I’ve been on Pof and tinder actively looking for dates in the hope of it leading to more. Yet I just don’t have any success.

I am genuinely thinking some people are destined to just move on and click if you get me. I struggle! I hardly get any messages and when I do they are from men a lot younger who are not looking for a relationship or from men who are waaaay older or men who send messages such as “ your fit as fook”

I’m really loosing faith, one of my friends has been on there a couple of weeks and met a lovely guy who she’s dated a few times now and went away for the weekend. The last guy I was chatting to and got on really well with ended up wanting me to pay for everything and put all the effort in!

I genuinely do struggle to meet someone in real life and people say “ it will happen” I’m like “ yeah I’m sure Mr right is going to rock up to me in Asda and ask me out” it hasn’t happened in 40 yrs so I’m damn not going to leave it to fate.

"

I could have written this myself

With you all the way, OP.

By *nowwhitexxx1Woman  over a year ago

Hull

Tinder is fuckin awful excuse my French!! Bumble isn’t too bad.. but had a date but he needed up being married so it doesn’t matter what site there are risks... try not to get weighed down by it... which is easier said then done!!

But no easy answer

X

Everytime I want to give up on dating sites someone tells me sombre magical story about how they met the one on there and I'm back in again. Tinder, POF, Match.. they're all the same.

Anyone interested in being the Rose and Dorothy to my Blanche ?

"Literally described my life right now ahah"

Oh maaaan it sucks doesn’t it. I met an old school friend the other day and he was saying he couldn’t believe I was single blahhh blah blah,, but I genuinely struggle to meet someone and it frustrates me that people automatically assume that because your outgoing and (outwardly) happy and not bad looking then you should have no probs getting a fella ,,,,, complete opposite for me. I’ve akways struggled with meeting men if I’m honest

"Tinder is fuckin awful excuse my French!! Bumble isn’t too bad.. but had a date but he needed up being married so it doesn’t matter what site there are risks... try not to get weighed down by it... which is easier said then done!!

But no easy answer

X"

What is bumble? Do you have to pay? Heard a few people talk about that site

"Everytime I want to give up on dating sites someone tells me sombre magical story about how they met the one on there and I'm back in again. Tinder, POF, Match.. they're all the same.

Anyone interested in being the Rose and Dorothy to my Blanche ? "

Yaaaasssssss

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Everytime I want to give up on dating sites someone tells me sombre magical story about how they met the one on there and I'm back in again. Tinder, POF, Match.. they're all the same.

Anyone interested in being the Rose and Dorothy to my Blanche ? "

That would make me Sophia.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I'm possibly not best qualified to answer being as I'm in a relationship already and have never used either Tinder or POF but I imagine it's no different than finding a meet on here (albeit with potentially different outcomes in mind) - finding the right person for you isn't always as easy as you might think - sometimes they'll happen along immediately, other times it takes a little longer and you have to sift through a lot of wood to get to the trees.

Without wanting to sound patronising I think there's a lot to be said for the old adage that sometimes you can be looking too hard and just need to accept that it'll happen when it happens and just decide to go along for the ride (without compromising principles) in the meantime.

That's probably not helped any but is kind of how I tend to view Fab life and as I said I don't see that dating would be that different in it's most basic sense.

"Literally described my life right now ahah

Oh maaaan it sucks doesn’t it. I met an old school friend the other day and he was saying he couldn’t believe I was single blahhh blah blah,, but I genuinely struggle to meet someone and it frustrates me that people automatically assume that because your outgoing and (outwardly) happy and not bad looking then you should have no probs getting a fella ,,,,, complete opposite for me. I’ve akways struggled with meeting men if I’m honest "

If i had a pound for everytime someone was surprised im single id be worth a mint. Because im a lads lass, and not awful to look at apparently i should have offers pouring in?

I really struggle to open up to guys and to meet them unless its at work! So im single forever ahah

"Oh my days where to begin. I’ve been on Pof and tinder actively looking for dates in the hope of it leading to more. Yet I just don’t have any success.

I could have written this myself "

Shit isn’t it hun. And because you have tits and a nice smile people think your exaggerating when you genuinely say your struggling to meet someone

"Tinder is fuckin awful excuse my French!! Bumble isn’t too bad.. but had a date but he needed up being married so it doesn’t matter what site there are risks... try not to get weighed down by it... which is easier said then done!!

But no easy answer

X

What is bumble? Do you have to pay? Heard a few people talk about that site "

I haven't looked at it but one of my young friends met her partner on there.

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS  over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

But no easy answer

X

What is bumble? Do you have to pay? Heard a few people talk about that site "

Like tinder but men can't message you, the woman has to initiate contact

Oh maaaan it sucks doesn’t it. I met an old school friend the other day and he was saying he couldn’t believe I was single blahhh blah blah,, but I genuinely struggle to meet someone and it frustrates me that people automatically assume that because your outgoing and (outwardly) happy and not bad looking then you should have no probs getting a fella ,,,,, complete opposite for me. I’ve akways struggled with meeting men if I’m honest

If i had a pound for everytime someone was surprised im single id be worth a mint. Because im a lads lass, and not awful to look at apparently i should have offers pouring in?

I really struggle to open up to guys and to meet them unless its at work! So im single forever ahah"

Yes I totally get that!! I am much more comfortable in men’s company not because I’m a flirt, more because I’m on their wavelength. I have 4 best friends 2 of which are male.

By *essle_guyMan  over a year ago

hull

This is me too.

I'm on pof, okcupid and some other dating sites. Apparently on pof, about 50 ladies want to meet me but i can't see who they are and they haven't messaged me.

If i message a lady, many of them just ignore my message without even viewing my profile. If they do message, it's usually a "not interested, but happy fishing" message.

I am on both and find them to be very hard work.

But no easy answer

X

Like tinder but men can't message you, the woman has to initiate contact "

I really can’t see that working I’m that dubious. Tinder is not working so can’t see that

But no easy answer

X

I haven't looked at it but one of my young friends met her partner on there.

"

(Crying emoji)

I use to use a site way back in the day called parents already if you got kids it was a good site to use plus they had a wicked chat room

Now in my fifties I got to use mature dates .com ffs

I really struggle to open up to guys and to meet them unless its at work! So im single forever ahah

Yes I totally get that!! I am much more comfortable in men’s company not because I’m a flirt, more because I’m on their wavelength. I have 4 best friends 2 of which are male. "

Ahh i work as a mens rugby physio so all the lads just friendzone me.. and then when i am seen as an actual female they cant take me seriously ahah!

"Sighs and nods "

How?

By *ast_And_CuriousMan  over a year ago

Sevenoaks

Tinder is rubbish for me. Never get any matches haha. My sister had success with it though. Met her boyfriend on there who she's been with 3 years and the icing on the cake is he's absolutely minted as well, although she says doesn't care about his money.

I've had a little success with POF.

Bumble seems to work better than Tinder.

[Removed by poster at 30/07/18 23:40:30]

On POF myself, it isn't too bad but too many who can't keep up a conversation

I'm really not looking forward to all this again.

"I'm possibly not best qualified to answer being as I'm in a relationship already and have never used either Tinder or POF but I imagine it's no different than finding a meet on here (albeit with potentially different outcomes in mind) - finding the right person for you isn't always as easy as you might think - sometimes they'll happen along immediately, other times it takes a little longer and you have to sift through a lot of wood to get to the trees.

Without wanting to sound patronising I think there's a lot to be said for the old adage that sometimes you can be looking too hard and just need to accept that it'll happen when it happens and just decide to go along for the ride (without compromising principles) in the meantime.

That's probably not helped any but is kind of how I tend to view Fab life and as I said I don't see that dating would be that different in it's most basic sense.

"

I totally get you I came on here initially as I thought it would itch that scratch so to speak , plus I might meet someone, who knows. But I even struggle on here. I need a good kick up the arse. I do struggle with confidence and that doesn’t help. X

"I'm really not looking forward to all this again. "

And what’s that then ?

"I'm really not looking forward to all this again. "

But you have had success.

The last time I went on dating type thing I ended up meeting a swinger looking for someone to introduce to swinging. I gave up.

I have been on both and can say it's not just you ladies who struggle.

It's exactly the same for men.

I have given up on trying to find a dating partner and getting to the point of giving up on here.

"I'm really not looking forward to all this again.

And what’s that then ?"

The whole dating thing - POF, Tinder and the like.

"On POF myself, it isn't too bad but too many who can't keep up a conversation "

Yes it’s like pulling your teeth out at times. Where you from what do you do blah blah blah, then you get the ones who reply but you get nothing back to converse with them. I just block now as I know he’s not for me. Maybe I’m too harsh.

And what’s that then ?

The whole dating thing - POF, Tinder and the like."

Ahhh right!! Maybe you will be ok and have no probs,

The last time I went on dating type thing I ended up meeting a swinger looking for someone to introduce to swinging. I gave up.

"

Never from a dating site (not one date, and not many that interested me). I've met most my girlfriends just on nights out but that's not really appealing to me at the moment.

Think I'm going to leave it until the end of the year before I can be bothered with it all again.

I found pof good, tinder awful and badoo good. Some mad people on those site. If you're like me, someone who will text anyone back you'll come across some mad people ha

"

I’ve had that

"On POF myself, it isn't too bad but too many who can't keep up a conversation

Yes it’s like pulling your teeth out at times. Where you from what do you do blah blah blah, then you get the ones who reply but you get nothing back to converse with them. I just block now as I know he’s not for me. Maybe I’m too harsh. "

Not harsh. If they can't make an effort then why are they on there in the first place? It's beyond me

Never from a dating site (not one date, and not many that interested me). I've met most my girlfriends just on nights out but that's not really appealing to me at the moment.

Think I'm going to leave it until the end of the year before I can be bothered with it all again."

I’m in that frame mind now myself

Yes it’s like pulling your teeth out at times. Where you from what do you do blah blah blah, then you get the ones who reply but you get nothing back to converse with them. I just block now as I know he’s not for me. Maybe I’m too harsh. "

Just keep on keeping on your find someone probably when you least expect it

Think I'm going to leave it until the end of the year before I can be bothered with it all again."

If you leave to the end of the year don't you end up in the throng of people trying to find someone for Christmas or as their New Year's resolution? Now might be better as the ones with children are busy and the singletons are twiddling their thumbs waiting for everyone to come back from holiday.

The last time I met anyone from a dating 'site' it was Time Out when you sent letters through the post.

I paid a lot of money to go on a dating evening (not speed dating) and the only man even remotely interested in me was a swinger. I am cursed.

So difficult to find good quality theses days

I am with you just one word answers all the time means your making the whole convo I give up after about five messages like that.

Yes it’s like pulling your teeth out at times. Where you from what do you do blah blah blah, then you get the ones who reply but you get nothing back to converse with them. I just block now as I know he’s not for me. Maybe I’m too harsh.

Not harsh. If they can't make an effort then why are they on there in the first place? It's beyond me "

One guy I spoke to on Pof was lovely and we clicked swapped numbers etc talked on phone arranged a date he cancelled, fair enough. So we rearranged, then he cancelled again saying he was having money issues could I bare with him. I suggested a pic - nic (costs minimal) he came up with another excuse. Then got arsey when I wished him well!

Think I'm going to leave it until the end of the year before I can be bothered with it all again.

I’m in that frame mind now myself "

I know it's quite a distance but maybe you and Lib should hook up.

"

I am the exact same. Not a big fan of anything casual cause I get emotionally attached and then get hurt but dating is so hard and mentally draining. Have said I will go back to dating after the summer, just can’t face anymore horrendous dates

The simple answer is ..........

When it comes to having sex, women decide and have all the power.....

When it comes to relationships, men decide and have all the power.....

Now the solution is to find a guy looking for a relationship..... he might not be a Greek Adonis but he will be all yours.....

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"I'm possibly not best qualified to answer being as I'm in a relationship already and have never used either Tinder or POF but I imagine it's no different than finding a meet on here (albeit with potentially different outcomes in mind) - finding the right person for you isn't always as easy as you might think - sometimes they'll happen along immediately, other times it takes a little longer and you have to sift through a lot of wood to get to the trees.

I totally get you I came on here initially as I thought it would itch that scratch so to speak , plus I might meet someone, who knows. But I even struggle on here. I need a good kick up the arse. I do struggle with confidence and that doesn’t help. X"

Confidence is a bigger and not something it's easy to do anything about when you lack it - that voice in the back of your head holding you back and not wanting to make a fool of yourself.

Been there, seen it, done it - most recently clubs are a good example end up standing quietly hoping someone will come and talk to you and before you know it the night is over.

Again it's a cliché and may sound patronising (trust me I'm not being as I know exactly how it feels) but sometimes you just have to brave it out and just think that the worst that can happen is they say no and you've lost nothing - the upside of that being is they could just as easily say yes. Know that's all easier said than done though

I know it's quite a distance but maybe you and Lib should hook up. "

I’d have hair envy

"

I'm single and I only use Fab to find a regular f/b and have met some great guys on here.

If you don't mind me offering some advice I think your profile wording comes across as a bit strident and angry. If you want to attract a man that doesn't just want a hole to fuck you need to appear to be feminine, have a sense of humour and not hard work. Try to imagine exactly the type of man you would like to meet and write a short piece so they can look at it and see if they match. Try not to make your profile all about what you don't want. I know a lot of men don't read profiles on first contact but they will if they are interested to find out more. There are some good men out there - make sure you are not scaring them away too soon. Good luck and I hope you don't mind my comments.

I was on POF, Bumble and Tinder a few weeks before I rejoined here, I spent a long time putting my profile together, choosing pictures then I set about writing well thought out and relevant messages to people that I thought would be a good match...

Nothing; no replies, no interest, no views.

Well that’s not strictly true, last week I had a message. It was from my ex wife who thought it was hilarious that she’d found me on there

I gave up about a year ago.

I just can't be arsed with any of it anymore!

I've always been rubbish at relationships anyway

I've been single for about 7 years now and only find men that want to fuck me- they don't want to date me.

So that's why I joined FAB.

I'm not in any dating sites anymore - the whole of FAB is on them..

Not harsh. If they can't make an effort then why are they on there in the first place? It's beyond me

One guy I spoke to on Pof was lovely and we clicked swapped numbers etc talked on phone arranged a date he cancelled, fair enough. So we rearranged, then he cancelled again saying he was having money issues could I bare with him. I suggested a pic - nic (costs minimal) he came up with another excuse. Then got arsey when I wished him well!"

Playing games ain't no one got time for that lol

I would stick at it but it's definitely like finding a needle in a haystack on there.

"I was on POF, Bumble and Tinder a few weeks before I rejoined here, I spent a long time putting my profile together, choosing pictures then I set about writing well thought out and relevant messages to people that I thought would be a good match...

Nothing; no replies, no interest, no views.

Well that’s not strictly true, last week I had a message. It was from my ex wife who thought it was hilarious that she’d found me on there "

. Sorry I shouldn’t laugh. But I feel for you.

I know it's quite a distance but maybe you and Lib should hook up. "

Relax, Cilla, I've only been single 9 days.

I've just realised that the match maker thread is on its 84th outing and I haven't had one match in all that time.

I'm single and I only use Fab to find a regular f/b and have met some great guys on here.

If you don't mind me offering some advice I think your profile wording comes across as a bit strident and angry. If you want to attract a man that doesn't just want a hole to fuck you need to appear to be feminine, have a sense of humour and not hard work. Try to imagine exactly the type of man you would like to meet and write a short piece so they can look at it and see if they match. Try not to make your profile all about what you don't want. I know a lot of men don't read profiles on first contact but they will if they are interested to find out more. There are some good men out there - make sure you are not scaring them away too soon. Good luck and I hope you don't mind my comments."

No offence atall. I totally get were your coming from and I’ve struggled with this in my mind. X

The competition in Britain must be mental if all you people aren't getting replies or matches. The guys are girls commenting are definitely higher on the hotness scale than me and I did ok when I was on those sites

"I've just realised that the match maker thread is on its 84th outing and I haven't had one match in all that time. "

Goes looking for thread

"The competition in Britain must be mental if all you people aren't getting replies or matches. The guys are girls commenting are definitely higher on the hotness scale than me and I did ok when I was on those sites "

I get matched but they don’t message me! Or if they do it’s like talking to someone with a bad internet connection (slooowwww)

"I've just realised that the match maker thread is on its 84th outing and I haven't had one match in all that time.

Goes looking for thread "

It's a good thread I feel for you tho as I've tried and failed there to.

"I've just realised that the match maker thread is on its 84th outing and I haven't had one match in all that time.

Goes looking for thread "

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/784023

I think you'll do better than me on there.

"

Shows what you know then..

Goes looking for thread

I think you'll do better than me on there. "

Forget all that! date on offer here, anyone?

Goes looking for thread

Forget all that! date on offer here, anyone? "

Where're you taking me?

Goes looking for thread

Forget all that! date on offer here, anyone?

Where're you taking me? "

Typical POF *ladies only please*

I'll buy you a pint though

If you don't mind me offering some advice I think your profile wording comes across as a bit strident and angry. If you want to attract a man that doesn't just want a hole to fuck you need to appear to be feminine, have a sense of humour and not hard work. Try to imagine exactly the type of man you would like to meet and write a short piece so they can look at it and see if they match. Try not to make your profile all about what you don't want. I know a lot of men don't read profiles on first contact but they will if they are interested to find out more. There are some good men out there - make sure you are not scaring them away too soon. Good luck and I hope you don't mind my comments."

Goes looking for thread

I think you'll do better than me on there. "

Oh I very much doubt it, I’m destined for singledom forever . I don’t mind being single as such as I enjoy my own company (hey at least someone does) I’m independent and I like my own space, I’m so not needy yet I do miss having that special someone if you get me.

I'm single too

Goes looking for thread

Oh I very much doubt it, I’m destined for singledom forever . I don’t mind being single as such as I enjoy my own company (hey at least someone does) I’m independent and I like my own space, I’m so not needy yet I do miss having that special someone if you get me. "

I get you.

Don’t worry you will find him

"I'm single too "

Blame the chinos.

Hello fabbers,

I'm starting out again having recently been told by my wife, with whom I've been for just over 20 years, that she wants a divorce.

Last time I met and dated women, I had no mobile phone, dial up modems for internet access and not even a credit card! Back then, you only met people by going out and talking to them (not an easy task for young men...).

I have been told by friends recently that nobody does that now and I'm supposed to use sites and apps.

A friend recommended fab so I could find people that I could explore a few kinks and fantasies with...as well as finding some no strings attached sex to control the hormone levels...

It sounds as if it is similar to the old days in that it takes a while to find someone you can talk to that you actually get on with?

Hope you find someone decent that you can enjoy spending time with.

Good luck,

R.

Single And hate it especially when they find out im a full time dad with a son with special needs

Try badoo

"I'm single too

Blame the chinos. "

I don't wear chinos

Goes looking for thread

Oh I very much doubt it, I’m destined for singledom forever . I don’t mind being single as such as I enjoy my own company (hey at least someone does) I’m independent and I like my own space, I’m so not needy yet I do miss having that special someone if you get me.

I get you. "

Shit at times isn’t it majority of times I’m ok. Weekends I struggle at times when everyone is doing couples things, x

"Try badoo"

Tried most sites, found Pof the best out of a bad bunch tbh

"Try badoo

Tried most sites, found Pof the best out of a bad bunch tbh "

I’ve found Pof to be the worst. I like Bumble.

"Single And hate it especially when they find out im a full time dad with a son with special needs "

That sucks, there will be someone (sounds contrary as people say that to me and I hate it) but you don’t want people like that anyway x

By *arlo82Woman  over a year ago

the gym and random places

Sadly bows head and in same boat

"Try badoo

I’ve found Pof to be the worst. I like Bumble. "

Really? I’m going to give this a go. I don’t really see how different it is to tinder though ?

"Try badoo

Really? I’m going to give this a go. I don’t really see how different it is to tinder though ?"

More attractive people on average

"Try badoo

Really? I’m going to give this a go. I don’t really see how different it is to tinder though ?"

Women make the first move and it makes people actually talk or the match gets deleted. I’ve matched with 3 people in the last week on tinder and neither of us has made any contact.

Yeah and the quality seems better on Bumble.

"Hello fabbers,

I'm starting out again having recently been told by my wife, with whom I've been for just over 20 years, that she wants a divorce.

Last time I met and dated women, I had no mobile phone, dial up modems for internet access and not even a credit card! Back then, you only met people by going out and talking to them (not an easy task for young men...).

I have been told by friends recently that nobody does that now and I'm supposed to use sites and apps.

A friend recommended fab so I could find people that I could explore a few kinks and fantasies with...as well as finding some no strings attached sex to control the hormone levels...

It sounds as if it is similar to the old days in that it takes a while to find someone you can talk to that you actually get on with?

Hope you find someone decent that you can enjoy spending time with.

Good luck,

R."

Sorry about your situation, all I can say is take some time out to find yourself and get used to being on your own. I was with my ex 14 yrs, I spent 2 yrs going a bit mad then a year just getting my head together. It can be hard. Hope your ok x

I don’t find it hard to get dates but I do find it hard to find what I’m looking for. I would love to fall in love but I want a sexually adventurous guy that is keen to swing within the relationship. I’ve found a few kinky guys on dating apps but not the ultimate match yet.

"Try badoo

Really? I’m going to give this a go. I don’t really see how different it is to tinder though ?

Women make the first move and it makes people actually talk or the match gets deleted. I’ve matched with 3 people in the last week on tinder and neither of us has made any contact. "

So what stops them not replying on bumble? Ive found on tinder if I match I will usually send a short message but 8/10 I won’t get a reply. I can’t see the difference. Sorry I’m just trying to see what the advantages are. X

"I don’t find it hard to get dates but I do find it hard to find what I’m looking for. I would love to fall in love but I want a sexually adventurous guy that is keen to swing within the relationship. I’ve found a few kinky guys on dating apps but not the ultimate match yet. "

One of my best friends is a man and he says I scare men! As I’m very sexually aware of what I like. And I kind of agree but not willing to compromise. I’ve tried sexually compromising myself and it doesn’t work x

*takes notes*

"Single And hate it especially when they find out im a full time dad with a son with special needs

That sucks, there will be someone (sounds contrary as people say that to me and I hate it) but you don’t want people like that anyway x"

Ditto on that one as well dont need negative people im mine and my sons life x

"Try badoo

Women make the first move and it makes people actually talk or the match gets deleted. I’ve matched with 3 people in the last week on tinder and neither of us has made any contact.

So what stops them not replying on bumble? Ive found on tinder if I match I will usually send a short message but 8/10 I won’t get a reply. I can’t see the difference. Sorry I’m just trying to see what the advantages are. X"

You have 24 hours to message the guy or it gets deleted. Then the guy has to do the same. It’s just makes people want to speak more as you know the match will be lost and you may not see them again. I’ve forgotten sometimes and was gutted. Guys usually respond more than they do on tinder. It’s taken a bit more seriously. With tinder, guys swipe when they are horny and then have no intention to actually chat. Some people like getting matches as an ego boost.

"Single And hate it especially when they find out im a full time dad with a son with special needs

That sucks, there will be someone (sounds contrary as people say that to me and I hate it) but you don’t want people like that anyway x

Ditto on that one as well dont need negative people im mine and my sons life x"

Definitely! Great attitude x

By *atural-born-thrillerMan  over a year ago

oulton broad

Been single awhile and it dosent get any easier the older you get .least I have my sons to keep me entertained and amused usually due to a full sink of washing up or laundry basket ..oh then there’s the husky that tigger bounces at the back gate when I get home .least someone’s pleased to see me x so I feel your pain and struggle ladies and being honest your all pretty stunning makes me wonder how some of my fellow species could be such knobs x

"I don’t find it hard to get dates but I do find it hard to find what I’m looking for. I would love to fall in love but I want a sexually adventurous guy that is keen to swing within the relationship. I’ve found a few kinky guys on dating apps but not the ultimate match yet.

One of my best friends is a man and he says I scare men! As I’m very sexually aware of what I like. And I kind of agree but not willing to compromise. I’ve tried sexually compromising myself and it doesn’t work x"

I have some close male friends and they point out i’m too sexual with guys as in chatting and pics.

"Try badoo

So what stops them not replying on bumble? Ive found on tinder if I match I will usually send a short message but 8/10 I won’t get a reply. I can’t see the difference. Sorry I’m just trying to see what the advantages are. X

You have 24 hours to message the guy or it gets deleted. Then the guy has to do the same. It’s just makes people want to speak more as you know the match will be lost and you may not see them again. I’ve forgotten sometimes and was gutted. Guys usually respond more than they do on tinder. It’s taken a bit more seriously. With tinder, guys swipe when they are horny and then have no intention to actually chat. Some people like getting matches as an ego boost. "

Ahhh yes I get you. A few times I’ve unmatched on tinder if they don’t reply x

"

Definitely not the only one, exactly my current situation. -x-

Definitely not the only one, exactly my current situation. -x-"

It sucks at times hun x

I tried Tinder, Pof and bumble, much to no avail. I had a few dates from Tinder. Nothing from Pof or bumble though, so I’ve given up for the time being.

Been on and off Tinder and POF for the last 3 yrs. Had some good dates. Some less so. Common theme I’ve found is people have been hurt in the past and not over it yet. Not willing to trust again. All understandable.

Lots of one night things too, which is fine but just be upfront about it rather than make out looking for a relationship.

I’d love to meet that soul mate but dating seems to have become part of our disposable culture.

As soon as a bump in the road you’ve got another lot of matches in your pocket ready to go. Sad but true.

All about timing. If two people come together at the same place in life ready to get off the dating cycle then it’s got a chance.

My 50 pence worth anyway.

"Been on and off Tinder and POF for the last 3 yrs. Had some good dates. Some less so. Common theme I’ve found is people have been hurt in the past and not over it yet. Not willing to trust again. All understandable.

Lots of one night things too, which is fine but just be upfront about it rather than make out looking for a relationship.

I’d love to meet that soul mate but dating seems to have become part of our disposable culture.

As soon as a bump in the road you’ve got another lot of matches in your pocket ready to go. Sad but true.

All about timing. If two people come together at the same place in life ready to get off the dating cycle then it’s got a chance.

My 50 pence worth anyway. "

Yes I’ve had a few men totally lie and then turn around and admit they aren’t ready to move on from their ex. I won’t even reply to a message now if they have “not looking for anything serious” on their status

By *xciter7169Man  over a year ago

The Midlands

Whats so wrong about being single?

By *xxx30Man  over a year ago

york

"

I'll take you on a proper date if you want it doesn't have to end in sex either

I'll take you on a proper date if you want it doesn't have to end in sex either "

Yeah of course, I have no standards and will date a guy with no pics. Really ? I’ll send you my POF username if you want, but again you need pics

Yeah of course, I have no standards and will date a guy with no pics. Really ? I’ll send you my POF username if you want, but again you need pics "

Why is everyone in ormskirk?

By *xxx30Man  over a year ago

york

Yeah of course, I have no standards and will date a guy with no pics. Really ? I’ll send you my POF username if you want, but again you need pics "

Send it then darling x

"Whats so wrong about being single? "

Nothing but after 3 years of being single after a marriage I’m wanting to share my life. It gets boring for me as I prefer being with a partner in crime. It’s more fun.

Yeah of course, I have no standards and will date a guy with no pics. Really ? I’ll send you my POF username if you want, but again you need pics

Why is everyone in ormskirk? "

Who’s everyone? I’ve never met one person on here

"Whats so wrong about being single?

Nothing but after 3 years of being single after a marriage I’m wanting to share my life. It gets boring for me as I prefer being with a partner in crime. It’s more fun. "

Totally agree!! I want a partner in crime x

Who’s everyone? I’ve never met one person on here "

I have thought it was in Wales somewhere lol

Send it then darling x"

Darling!! Your nearing my sons age!! Your 18. Please don’t darling me

I have thought it was in Wales somewhere lol"

Nope! Merseyside

By *hysoseriouslyMan  over a year ago

Kent

Wish I knew where Omskirk was. Your profile is good but your luck is erm... shit

I don’t have any advice sorry, I’ve not attempted any of the traditional dating sites as all I hear from people of my generation (old bastards), is it’s just a wonderful voyage of pain and underwhelming experiences.... oh, and the thought of it terrifies me!

Perseverance I guess.

And wine, lots of wine

I have thought it was in Wales somewhere lol

Nope! Merseyside "

Always so far

"Wish I knew where Omskirk was. Your profile is good but your luck is erm... shit

I don’t have any advice sorry, I’ve not attempted any of the traditional dating sites as all I hear from people of my generation (old bastards), is it’s just a wonderful voyage of pain and underwhelming experiences.... oh, and the thought of it terrifies me!

Perseverance I guess.

And wine, lots of wine "

Wine helps I guess, but yes it is very underwhelming x

The Midlands

Nothing but after 3 years of being single after a marriage I’m wanting to share my life. It gets boring for me as I prefer being with a partner in crime. It’s more fun. "

I get that,but why are you made to feel like some oddball for being single,i don't mind being on my own,couldnt imagine being with anyone else now? x

I'm 100% convinced you will meet someone. You look and come across lovely! Hang on in there hew 's out there!!x

Nothing but after 3 years of being single after a marriage I’m wanting to share my life. It gets boring for me as I prefer being with a partner in crime. It’s more fun. I get that,but why are you made to feel like some oddball for being single,i don't mind being on my own,couldnt imagine being with anyone else now? x"

I’m not made to feel like an oddball. I enjoy it sometimes but I much prefer someone in my life than a few casual ones.

By *elloIntrigueMan  over a year ago

North West UK

I've been single for a few years now. Also tried POF. I've met up for a couple of dates but not really "clicked" with the other person.

Nothing but after 3 years of being single after a marriage I’m wanting to share my life. It gets boring for me as I prefer being with a partner in crime. It’s more fun. I get that,but why are you made to feel like some oddball for being single,i don't mind being on my own,couldnt imagine being with anyone else now? x"

It’s not about being uncomfortable on your own , like myself poochie is probably independent and comfortable in herself yet at times after a couple of years you miss that intimacy that comes with time. That someone to laugh with, joke with bounce off each other. Yet give each other space x

North West UK

I'm learning to lower my expectations all round. I realise also that I may be an acquired taste.

Coffee dates would be welcomed.

I have the same problem myself as a guy.

Talked to a few people and it seems to be going well then they just ghost or disappear . Had that on tinder. Bumble is a little better but harder for me to get matches it seems.

Make you feel a little rejected at times

"I'm learning to lower my expectations all round. I realise also that I may be an acquired taste.

Coffee dates would be welcomed. "

Hey we are all an acquired taste! I talk too much and can be bossy (honest) but jokes aside your a lovely soul and same as me I’m sure we will find someone one day (soon) grrrr

The Midlands

Nothing but after 3 years of being single after a marriage I’m wanting to share my life. It gets boring for me as I prefer being with a partner in crime. It’s more fun. I get that,but why are you made to feel like some oddball for being single,i don't mind being on my own,couldnt imagine being with anyone else now? x

It’s not about being uncomfortable on your own , like myself poochie is probably independent and comfortable in herself yet at times after a couple of years you miss that intimacy that comes with time. That someone to laugh with, joke with bounce off each other. Yet give each other space x"

I guess it must be me then,devoid of any emotion what so ever

Nothing but after 3 years of being single after a marriage I’m wanting to share my life. It gets boring for me as I prefer being with a partner in crime. It’s more fun. I get that,but why are you made to feel like some oddball for being single,i don't mind being on my own,couldnt imagine being with anyone else now? x

It’s not about being uncomfortable on your own , like myself poochie is probably independent and comfortable in herself yet at times after a couple of years you miss that intimacy that comes with time. That someone to laugh with, joke with bounce off each other. Yet give each other space x"

You’ve got it. I’m very independent but I miss holidays, having someone to come home to as I go overseas every week with Work and someone to just enhance my already happy, full life.

"I have the same problem myself as a guy.

Talked to a few people and it seems to be going well then they just ghost or disappear . Had that on tinder. Bumble is a little better but harder for me to get matches it seems.

Make you feel a little rejected at times "

GHOSTING, is the worst. Hello,,,, goodbye

I’ve probably done it myself though in the past and now I understand how awful it is and important not to lead somebody on.

North West UK

"I'm learning to lower my expectations all round. I realise also that I may be an acquired taste.

Hey we are all an acquired taste! I talk too much and can be bossy (honest) but jokes aside your a lovely soul and same as me I’m sure we will find someone one day (soon) grrrr"

Exackerly Positive Mental Attitude

North West UK

Hey we are all an acquired taste! I talk too much and can be bossy (honest) but jokes aside your a lovely soul and same as me I’m sure we will find someone one day (soon) grrrr"

You would laugh at some of my dating experiences.. I could write a book!

The Midlands

Hey we are all an acquired taste! I talk too much and can be bossy (honest) but jokes aside your a lovely soul and same as me I’m sure we will find someone one day (soon) grrrr

Exackerly Positive Mental Attitude "

Exackerly? Is that near Ormskirk?

It’s not about being uncomfortable on your own , like myself poochie is probably independent and comfortable in herself yet at times after a couple of years you miss that intimacy that comes with time. That someone to laugh with, joke with bounce off each other. Yet give each other space x

You’ve got it. I’m very independent but I miss holidays, having someone to come home to as I go overseas every week with Work and someone to just enhance my already happy, full life. "

That’s exactly it. I don’t want someone to complete My life, it would just be nice to enhance it then who knows. I’d love to meet someone on my wavelength that’s not as bossy as or impatient as me

North West UK

Exackerly? Is that near Ormskirk? "

No that's more Fazakerley

Exackerly? Is that near Ormskirk? "

No it’s near the midlands, kind of not here or there, just in between, mediocre

North West UK

You would laugh at some of my dating experiences.. I could write a book!"

Maybe more of a pamphlet...

North West UK

Exackerly? Is that near Ormskirk?

No it’s near the midlands, kind of not here or there, just in between, mediocre "

That made me giggle... I've travelled to a few places like that regarding rugby.. one horse towns where the horse has been put out to pasture .. haha

You’ve got it. I’m very independent but I miss holidays, having someone to come home to as I go overseas every week with Work and someone to just enhance my already happy, full life.

That’s exactly it. I don’t want someone to complete My life, it would just be nice to enhance it then who knows. I’d love to meet someone on my wavelength that’s not as bossy as or impatient as me "

We sound like twins.

You would laugh at some of my dating experiences.. I could write a book!"

I got a few funny stories also.

I got a few funny stories also. "

I’ve got a diary!! And oh my days. But I wouldn’t change who I am or my experiences as it’s who I am. X

By *inkyfun2013Couple  over a year ago

lewisham

We met on Guardian Soulmates over 10 years ago.

I was on it for about a year on and off and met some really great guys, 2 of whom I had saw for a few months, 1 who became a good friend and 1 who became my husband!

I liked the selection criteria and found it was good fun. But I treated it as a hobby, not as the be all and end all.

Mr Kinky was only on it for about a month before we met.

We've recommended it to several friends and even my mum and everyone has met 'the one' really quickly.

Best £35 I ever spent!

North West UK

I got a few funny stories also. "

Maybe we should all combine them, self publish on amazon and split the proceeds...

Useful way to spend coffee meets.. haha

"We met on Guardian Soulmates over 10 years ago.

I was on it for about a year on and off and met some really great guys, 2 of whom I had saw for a few months, 1 who became a good friend and 1 who became my husband!

I liked the selection criteria and found it was good fun. But I treated it as a hobby, not as the be all and end all.

We've recommended it to several friends and even my mum and everyone has met 'the one' really quickly.

Best £35 I ever spent!"

I met my ex husband of 10 years on dating direct. Think it was bought by match in the end. We are still good friends. It was a lot easier back in 2005 though.

I’ve got a diary!! And oh my days. But I wouldn’t change who I am or my experiences as it’s who I am. X"

That person will come by when you least expect it. You will look back at times you were cursing your luck and laugh.

Just be you and always be you. The rest will fall into place

Maybe we should all combine them, self publish on amazon and split the proceeds...

Useful way to spend coffee meets.. haha "

Oh god no!! Never! Seriously mine would be a cross of Bridget Jones and 50 shades ,

Best £35 I ever spent!"

I’m going to try this. Thank you

Stop using internet to meet people, go out into the world doing what you like to do and chances are better that you will find someone with similar interests.

Profiles are no way to pick life partners.

And what’s that then ?

The whole dating thing - POF, Tinder and the like."

Your profile says you are not looking a relationship

North West UK

Useful way to spend coffee meets.. haha

Oh god no!! Never! Seriously mine would be a cross of Bridget Jones and 50 shades , "

That sounds far more interesting than Blackpool adventures and being dragged round second hand shops

The Midlands

I’ve got a diary!! And oh my days. But I wouldn’t change who I am or my experiences as it’s who I am. X

That person will come by when you least expect it. You will look back at times you were cursing your luck and laugh.

Just be you and always be you. The rest will fall into place "

Exactly,If it happens,it happens,if it doesn't,no worries,it always happens when you least expect it.

"Stop using internet to meet people, go out into the world doing what you like to do and chances are better that you will find someone with similar interests.

Profiles are no way to pick life partners."

I work as a flight attendant so internet dating is easier for me as can build up chat and connections while I’m away and meet up when I’m at home. I don’t have a regular time I’m home and I don’t go out often to meet people. My time away is also ME time and hate meeting people at work.

"Stop using internet to meet people, go out into the world doing what you like to do and chances are better that you will find someone with similar interests.

I work as a flight attendant so internet dating is easier for me as can build up chat and connections while I’m away and meet up when I’m at home. I don’t have a regular time I’m home and I don’t go out often to meet people. My time away is also ME time and hate meeting people at work. "

Awww poochie I’ve job envy . Mainly because I’ve a thing for pilots

Also, I’ve been doing online dating since 2001 when aol chat rooms were a thing. I’ve had 3 serious relationships that way including a marriage. All my other relationships before that were people I worked with or a friend of a friend. Never met anyone on a night out and had anything serious.

I work as a flight attendant so internet dating is easier for me as can build up chat and connections while I’m away and meet up when I’m at home. I don’t have a regular time I’m home and I don’t go out often to meet people. My time away is also ME time and hate meeting people at work.

Awww poochie I’ve job envy . Mainly because I’ve a thing for pilots "

You can have them. I’ve done it for 21 years and never dated a pilot.

North West UK

I did meet an ex on the old Blueyonder chatrooms. I used to like the quiz room, even if I couldn't type fast enough in real time to ever win it!

"I did meet an ex on the old Blueyonder chatrooms. I used to like the quiz room, even if I couldn't type fast enough in real time to ever win it!"

Chat rooms were hilarious. Used to wind up so many people. I also remember having to scan a photo to send them by email.

North West UK

"I did meet an ex on the old Blueyonder chatrooms. I used to like the quiz room, even if I couldn't type fast enough in real time to ever win it!

Chat rooms were hilarious. Used to wind up so many people. I also remember having to scan a photo to send them by email. "

I did that too!

And when everyone did the ASL thing.. I used to try and think of different acronyms that would cause interest...

"I did meet an ex on the old Blueyonder chatrooms. I used to like the quiz room, even if I couldn't type fast enough in real time to ever win it!

Chat rooms were hilarious. Used to wind up so many people. I also remember having to scan a photo to send them by email.

I did that too!

And when everyone did the ASL thing.. I used to try and think of different acronyms that would cause interest... "

Yeah, there were so many.

North West UK

Thank you very much for the interesting thread again, some really good posts. I had better try this sleep thing..

By *radleywigginsMan  over a year ago

northwest

Rather than complaining, think what it is that you can bring to a relationship.

I joined a dating site for 1 month 10 years ago and was terrified by the entitled attitude of most of the women on there.

A profile which begins ‘I’ve got 3 kids and they are the most important thing I my world.. blah blah’ just repels men. Why would a guy want to take on a bunch of kids from someone else’s failed relationship, with the inherent stress and complications that’s likely to bring? I suspect this is true either if he’s never had them himself or has lost them as a result of a relationship breakdown.

‘I just want to find someone who’ll treat me like a princess..’ smacks of absolute laziness, desperation and a hideous goldigging attitude.

Girls, concentrate on the things you can bring to a relationship that will make someone else’s life better than when they are single. Make their lives more enjoyable, support them through their stresses and provide them with distraction, entertainment, humour and good cooking.

Guys, allow girls to feel independent, make sure they keep some self respect by not allowing them to think you’re their to bankroll them, make them feel safe but not constricted.

Have some interests, make potential partners feel like you’ll be as happy spending time apart as you will be together. Show that you’re not needy. Remember it’s 2018. Guys do laundry and girls do DIY. Stop looking for stereotypes and Victorian attitudes..

Or. Maybe acknowledge that by the time you’ve got to the age of the OP most people will already have been through a few relationships. If you have, learn from the mistakes you made. Stop saying you’ve got a type, it’s proably the wrong one.

Or. Perhaps recognise that life has to be more fluid, the chance of the next person being the person you’re with forever is minuscule from a statistical point of view. There may be a series of amazing people you meet. See each as an opportunity. Enjoy it whilst it lasts but take nothing for granted.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Best £35 I ever spent!"

I made one friend off there, had one weekend away and about the worst sex I have ever had from someone who turned out not to be truly free, and the next time I went on it was dead as a dodo, lots of unsubscribed profiles.

I'm finding POF really busy for me at the moment, though of course most people are only wanting sex still.

Strange, it really hacks me off on a dating site lol!

[Removed by poster at 31/07/18 02:52:47]

"I have the same problem myself as a guy.

Make you feel a little rejected at times"

It's the uncertainty of whether you are being ghosted or not. I'm always over thinking about not sending another message incase they feel like they are being spammed or it's clingy. Or maybe they just read it and forgot to reply and they aren't ghosting...... It's a minefield!!

I

"Rather than complaining, think what it is that you can bring to a relationship.

I joined a dating site for 1 month 10 years ago and was terrified by the entitled attitude of most of the women on there.

A profile which begins ‘I’ve got 3 kids and they are the most important thing I my world.. blah blah’ just repels men. Why would a guy want to take on a bunch of kids from someone else’s failed relationship, with the inherent stress and complications that’s likely to bring? I suspect this is true either if he’s never had them himself or has lost them as a result of a relationship breakdown.

‘I just want to find someone who’ll treat me like a princess..’ smacks of absolute laziness, desperation and a hideous goldigging attitude.

Girls, concentrate on the things you can bring to a relationship that will make someone else’s life better than when they are single. Make their lives more enjoyable, support them through their stresses and provide them with distraction, entertainment, humour and good cooking.

Guys, allow girls to feel independent, make sure they keep some self respect by not allowing them to think you’re their to bankroll them, make them feel safe but not constricted.

Have some interests, make potential partners feel like you’ll be as happy spending time apart as you will be together. Show that you’re not needy. Remember it’s 2018. Guys do laundry and girls do DIY. Stop looking for stereotypes and Victorian attitudes..

Or. Maybe acknowledge that by the time you’ve got to the age of the OP most people will already have been through a few relationships. If you have, learn from the mistakes you made. Stop saying you’ve got a type, it’s proably the wrong one.

Or. Perhaps recognise that life has to be more fluid, the chance of the next person being the person you’re with forever is minuscule from a statistical point of view. There may be a series of amazing people you meet. See each as an opportunity. Enjoy it whilst it lasts but take nothing for granted.

"

Wow ...... preach peach ..... great post but unfortunately it will fall on deaf ears because this is the forums.....

People don’t want to hear the truth.....

"Rather than complaining, think what it is that you can bring to a relationship.

Wow ...... preach peach ..... great post but unfortunately it will fall on deaf ears because this is the forums.....

People don’t want to hear the truth....."

No expectations here. I’ve been married and I never wanted kids. I’m not desperate or in any rush for anything. If it happens it happens, if it doesn’t, I will have had fun anyway. Every experience is just that and part of the journey of life

By *nowmanE220Man  over a year ago

UpHolland

Oh maaaan it sucks doesn’t it. I met an old school friend the other day and he was saying he couldn’t believe I was single blahhh blah blah,, but I genuinely struggle to meet someone and it frustrates me that people automatically assume that because your outgoing and (outwardly) happy and not bad looking then you should have no probs getting a fella ,,,,, complete opposite for me. I’ve akways struggled with meeting men if I’m honest "

I would love to chat with you, and hopefully meet too. Would be great if it leads to dating. We're also not too far from each other as I live in Skem.

I found guardian soulmates and other main newspaper dating things were the most sensible. They led to early meets, and the potential of finding a new partner.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

I have tried all the various sites over the decades, but though I did get a few dates each one of which was a ruddy disaster looking back, I'd no success.

I did find someone though back in 1991, we got engaged but we split before our wedding.

There's an underlying pressure though these days that you should be "with someone" as seen through the eyes of family or friends.

My best friends are all female who are all keen to have that excuse to go out and buy their hat to attend my wedding!

But, at 63 years old now, I reckon my dating days are all but over! My OAP days beckon!

By *ooby birdWoman  over a year ago

North West

I could have written this myself "

As could I -its very frustrating

By *ighclassfunMan  over a year ago

Cheshire

"Sighs and nods "

Not sure why

"

It very well could be your personality and how you interact with other people that may be repelling guys from wanting to commit. Physicality is important to attract a guy but if your personality is a total bitch, most guys will not stick around long, fuck you then ghost you.

I know from experience. This is the most honest advice and I know all the women and white knights will decry me for saying it.

Try doing some self reflection on past relationships and look at how you acted and personality at the time.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I've found most I've spoken to on tinder an pof as well as here. If I didn't want to meet them here I don't want to meet them on dating apps either. I deleted pof as I got fed up of comments like 'I know you from another site' etc. I'm currently trying ok cupid.

"

This is my life too feel your pain x

I found the same folk were on all the same dating apps (some of them are on here too) and some profiles (still active) were from the last time i’d actively looked a few years ago.

That tends to kill any hopes i may have had stone dead.

Chat rooms were hilarious. Used to wind up so many people. I also remember having to scan a photo to send them by email. "

I used to love going on the chat rooms You could have so much fun in them