FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The devil

The devil

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Smoking what I wish to be my last cigarette now. I've quit before but the second I get stressed or upset the urge overcomes me. Any good tricks for beating that psychological urge? Thank you please.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ana_nana_MATTMAN!Man  over a year ago

Haywood Village, Weston-super-Mare

"Smoking what I wish to be my last cigarette now. I've quit before but the second I get stressed or upset the urge overcomes me. Any good tricks for beating that psychological urge? Thank you please. "

Aside from cessation, one trick I have found is to never have your last ever ciggy. That just makes it forbidden fruit, which is far more tempting.

I allow myself cigarettes in very specific and limited circumstances. For example, if I'm out drinking in town (which is rare).

Another thing I did was to still go outside as I would have done if I was still smoking. Not sure why, but I think it helped trick my brain into thinking that I'd actually just had one.

"Smoking what I wish to be my last cigarette now. I've quit before but the second I get stressed or upset the urge overcomes me. Any good tricks for beating that psychological urge? Thank you please.

Aside from cessation, one trick I have found is to never have your last ever ciggy. That just makes it forbidden fruit, which is far more tempting.

I allow myself cigarettes in very specific and limited circumstances. For example, if I'm out drinking in town (which is rare).

Another thing I did was to still go outside as I would have done if I was still smoking. Not sure why, but I think it helped trick my brain into thinking that I'd actually just had one."

Thank you. I always go outside to smoke but not making it the last ever is a good call

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Smoking what I wish to be my last cigarette now. I've quit before but the second I get stressed or upset the urge overcomes me. Any good tricks for beating that psychological urge? Thank you please. "

When i gave up 9 yrs ago, i just went cold turkey..

My trick was if i got an urge to have a ciggie i would say to myself 'I'll have one in a bit' and the next time i thought about it i thought it again and so on until the thought went out of my head...by that time the urge had gone..

Addiction is a very interesting beast.

You've just got to power your way through stressful situations without smoking enough times to change the habit.

The urge is strong, but doesn't last forever.

I think it's habit rather than addiction. But then again I've a addictive personality

Champix

"Champix"

What is this pmf?

"Champix

What is this pmf? "

Its a drug that makes u feel ill when u smoke training your brain to hate nicotine

"Champix

What is this pmf? "

Tablets that help you stop smoking. They get mixed reviews but I thought they were amazing (until I got pissed and started smoking again).

"Champix

What is this pmf?

Tablets that help you stop smoking. They get mixed reviews but I thought they were amazing (until I got pissed and started smoking again)."

Three times.

"I think it's habit rather than addiction. But then again I've a addictive personality "

I believe this exactly, it's habit. I was once told by a counselloryou areeither a smoker or not, decide what you want to be.. my own mother gave upon the day her brother died from lung cancer, she said she just decided to stop. I hope it can be that simple for you.x

» Add a new message to this topic