FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Help Please - Andriod Tablet

Help Please - Andriod Tablet

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm looking to treat myself to an Android Tablet and this is probably a really daft question but can you print from Tablet the same as a laptop?...many thanks confused of Derbyshire

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

Depends on what your printer connects to your table via... if it's a USB cable, and your tablet has a USB socket then it'll work. If your printer is a fancy one that uses your wireless network to print then that should work fine too. If you've got an old printer that uses a 'serial' cable then the table won't have the right sort of socket.

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

Seems like it is possible...

Google: print from android tablet

swindon

D'oh that should say tablet not table... my wireless keyboard needs recharging.

swindon

ps - if you can wait until Xmas I'll be able to test it as I've bought _arambar Jr one

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We have looked in getting the well known pad from 'round fruit' (lol!) and were advised in the store that it can only print via wireless as it does not have any usb outputs - or anything for that matter!

"Depends on what your printer connects to your table via... if it's a USB cable, and your tablet has a USB socket then it'll work. If your printer is a fancy one that uses your wireless network to print then that should work fine too. If you've got an old printer that uses a 'serial' cable then the table won't have the right sort of socket."

Many thanks, bit of a blonde question I know!...I have an all singing all dancing does everything except the ironing USB printer, so I should be ok

"We have looked in getting the well known pad from 'round fruit' (lol!) and were advised in the store that it can only print via wireless as it does not have any usb outputs - or anything for that matter! "

I noticed many don't have USB ports, thats what prompted my question, the one I have my eye on has 2 x USB ports

"We have looked in getting the well known pad from 'round fruit' (lol!) and were advised in the store that it can only print via wireless as it does not have any usb outputs - or anything for that matter!

I noticed many don't have USB ports, thats what prompted my question, the one I have my eye on has 2 x USB ports "

Most communicate by bluetooth, if your peripherals are bluetooth compatible not an issue.

At this moment I would plump for something with a usb connection included.

Yes, you can print from Android similar to how you would a laptop, but the best way to do it is with a wireless printer (or a networked printer).

Epson do a lovely app for Android which detects most of their printers. I have a SX series on my network (and wireless printing) and it works really well.

I once stood in the back garden printing a Nigella recipe I found online wirelessly to the printer in my office. Technology. Its great!

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I have the Acer Iconia tab and that has usb ports. I can print from it too, with just a standard HP printer.

» Add a new message to this topic