FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How would you attract

How would you attract

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How would you attract new friends? There's been a lot of dating threads lately asking for advice on attracting a partner.

What would you suggest for finding new friends? Online friending? Real life down the supermarket?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just some subtle flirting ...

Participate in activities you enjoy. A sure-fire way to meet like-minded people

Do you mean friend friends or the with benefits kind?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'd love to know. People seem very resistant to making new friends. When we moved we tried various ways including joining a "social" club but it seems that most are happy to stick with their current social group.

"How would you attract new friends? There's been a lot of dating threads lately asking for advice on attracting a partner.

What would you suggest for finding new friends? Online friending? Real life down the supermarket?

"

If I knew I'd have some friends so will certainly be taking some advice from this thread!

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Find a new activity which involves interacting with other people.

Be yourself and don't try too hard.

By *rafty98Man  over a year ago

herts

Find a common ground where you have something you're both interested in.

Make an effort when having a conversation also, show an interest in what's been said and respond accordingly.

I find being a bit charming polite and a very good sense of humour plus a good conversation always helps

"How would you attract new friends? There's been a lot of dating threads lately asking for advice on attracting a partner.

"

Join a club

Start a club

"Participate in activities you enjoy. A sure-fire way to meet like-minded people "

"I find being a bit charming polite and a very good sense of humour plus a good conversation always helps "

Be you not fake

Bribe them

By *elloIntrigueMan  over a year ago

North West UK

"Bribe them "

Participate in activities, be open and friendly towards people. If you have negative traits such as being constantly downbeat or automatically rubbishing compliments paid to you, take a good look at yourself - nobody needs another negative Nancy in their lives. Accept invitations, even if it's an effort or you don't particularly fancy the activity, you might enjoy it and you will meet new people. Be patient, choose carefully. Real friendship is hard to find.

Usually I like to meet people at clubs, you don't need to be seeking friends straight away. Usually it takes time to build up trust so, little and often is my strategy. Say hello, little chat then move on and repeat. Over time you'll find you are friends without even realising it.

"I find being a bit charming polite and a very good sense of humour plus a good conversation always helps

Be you not fake"

nope definitely not a fake just who I am

Join a club

Start a club "

Eat a club

I just sit in the corner of the bar licking my eyebrows......

On a more serious note, go where there are real people...

By *lenderfoxMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Go to a social and chat to people

"Do you mean friend friends or the with benefits kind? "

Friend friends.

"Participate in activities, be open and friendly towards people. If you have negative traits such as being constantly downbeat or automatically rubbishing compliments paid to you, take a good look at yourself - nobody needs another negative Nancy in their lives. Accept invitations, even if it's an effort or you don't particularly fancy the activity, you might enjoy it and you will meet new people. Be patient, choose carefully. Real friendship is hard to find. "

This sounds good.

There’s an app where you can join all kinds of groups depending on what things you like. I’ve joined a few London music, dining, meditation ones. I’ve met some interesting people through that and made some friends.

"I find being a bit charming polite and a very good sense of humour plus a good conversation always helps

Be you not fake"

Agree..... It was the 'dating' threads that made me think about this question.

I dont find it easy to make 'real life' friends, and never have. Online seems the way to go for me, I'm obviously more of a pen pal type of friend, I have some brilliant conversations in here, that then make me think we could be good friends if ever we met.

But I guess the common interests thing would be a good start if I was forced into real world encounters.

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

Usually by picking my nose in public -you'd be amazed at what a conversational opener it is

"I'd love to know. People seem very resistant to making new friends. When we moved we tried various ways including joining a "social" club but it seems that most are happy to stick with their current social group. "
I made two new friends recently.. simply by chatting while out.

One was in a really busy cafe. There were no free tables... So I asked a lady if I could sit on the other side. We started chatting and now regularly share a table and a chat.

The other was just me getting chatting to someone at my new gym

By *nowwhitexxx1Woman  over a year ago

Hull

I’ve made some lovely new friends from the forums who I am in touch with offline now male and female! It’s great to chat with people on the same wavelength!!

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I think it gets harder as you get older, well it does for me anyway.

It was easier when my kids were little.

The last friend friend I made was someone who started coming to zumba classes. I was really worried about asking her if she fancied a coffee in case she thought I was wierd. When I did though she said she was glad I asked because she thought the same!! I guess it just timing

I'm just very chatty I've made a few friends by just sitting by them on a bus or out in town ,for me it's got easier as I've got older

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"

I don't think you attract non-sexual friends, you just make them when you are out and about in the world doing your thang and make a deeper connection with someone. I'm even more fussy about friends than I am about meets it seems, but I have made a few lately out gigging and working festivals.

Friends are usually made through common interests or situations, but you've got to be open to friendship. Many find that hard in our society, that breaking the ice move..

Be you not fakenope definitely not a fake just who I am "

» Add a new message to this topic