FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Anxiety

Anxiety

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *umblebee76 OP   Man  over a year ago

hull

Does anyone else suffer with GAD? Ive had a few great meets but always feel like i need to back out at the last minute but never want to let people down. One of my ways of dealing with it is by explaining from the beginning which often calms my nerves a litte. How does anyone else deal with this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *roticGoddessXXWoman  over a year ago

Richmond

When it comes to anxiety, I have a PhD in knowledge and a platinum metal (encrusted with diamonds) for experience. Strangely, I'm not affected by social anxiety, as I was when I was younger.

I remind myself often that physically, anxiety and excitement have the exact same physical response.

Next time you're anxious about meeting, try tell yourself it's just excitement. Renaming the feeling really helped for me.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I used to have anxiety because I didn't think I was attractive enough to do this. I thought I'd get rejected by everyone. But I've had quite a few successful meets and now my confidence is sky high. I guess that was my way of beating my anxiety.

Explaining from the beginning seems like the best way to approach it. I've found most women to be very understanding creatures.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

No I don't suffer from this, but how long do you speak to someone prior to a meet? Is there apprehension beforehand?

If you have had successful meets in the past, then maybe there is a way of looking at this and saying "Yes, I can be confident, and I will be again"

Hope this helps OP x

By *W ChapMan  over a year ago

Swindon

I often get a feeling of anxiousness but often don't know why, raised heart rate and palpitations. I try and work out what the cause is, but normally it goes before I can work it out.

I struggle with anxiety in different situations:

- when am in big groups and I feel overwhelmed and nervous to have ppl like me

- worrying about financial issues

- meeting new people

- anxiety about being alone (Ano ironic)

- anxious about plans made or choice made friends call it the hotdog burger quanunderum cos if go for lunch I like both choice and which ever choose I panic few mins later cos worry want other option an that I made wrong choice.

Yeah I’m a bit of a mess there are more issues but now as posting this I feel dumb an stupid

hull

"When it comes to anxiety, I have a PhD in knowledge and a platinum metal (encrusted with diamonds) for experience. Strangely, I'm not affected by social anxiety, as I was when I was younger.

I remind myself often that physically, anxiety and excitement have the exact same physical response.

Next time you're anxious about meeting, try tell yourself it's just excitement. Renaming the feeling really helped for me."

Often try this which works sometimes but sometimes the fear of panic attacks kick in which just compounds the feeling of anxiety.

hull

"No I don't suffer from this, but how long do you speak to someone prior to a meet? Is there apprehension beforehand?

If you have had successful meets in the past, then maybe there is a way of looking at this and saying "Yes, I can be confident, and I will be again"

Hope this helps OP x "

Thankyou i suppose i have to stop over thinking things lol

hull

"I struggle with anxiety in different situations:

- when am in big groups and I feel overwhelmed and nervous to have ppl like me

- worrying about financial issues

- meeting new people

- anxiety about being alone (Ano ironic)

- anxious about plans made or choice made friends call it the hotdog burger quanunderum cos if go for lunch I like both choice and which ever choose I panic few mins later cos worry want other option an that I made wrong choice.

Yeah I’m a bit of a mess there are more issues but now as posting this I feel dumb an stupid"

Know exactly how you feel i hate making plans that i feel i might not be able to keep. Thats why most of my meets have been quite spntaneous

I too have very high anxiety due to ptsd.

I found that if i arrange a meet in advance i then have time to over think it and talk myself out of meeting. I want to meet, badly. So if im spontaneous its easier for me

hull

"I too have very high anxiety due to ptsd.

I found that if i arrange a meet in advance i then have time to over think it and talk myself out of meeting. I want to meet, badly. So if im spontaneous its easier for me"

Thats exactly how i am. Normally once im there im fine though.

I found that if i arrange a meet in advance i then have time to over think it and talk myself out of meeting. I want to meet, badly. So if im spontaneous its easier for me

Thats exactly how i am. Normally once im there im fine though."

Yh me too.. sometimes i find it all overwhelming too when im constantly being asked if im free today

hull

Yh me too.. sometimes i find it all overwhelming too when im constantly being asked if im free today"

Dont often get asked for quick meets but hat the abuse i get when i say i cant accomadate at short notice cos i have kids living with me so get accused of been married lol xxx

Yh me too.. sometimes i find it all overwhelming too when im constantly being asked if im free today

Dont often get asked for quick meets but hat the abuse i get when i say i cant accomadate at short notice cos i have kids living with me so get accused of been married lol xxx"

Yh i get accused of being a timewaster cos i wont book a meeting in advance. Thankfully i speak to some lovely Nd understanding guys

Am happy to meet people I get nervous an anxiety kicks in more cos I think people don’t like me or there is something wrong with me that everyone else sees but I don’t.

As for meet I’m quiet an nervous but if given time I do settle

hull

Dont often get asked for quick meets but hat the abuse i get when i say i cant accomadate at short notice cos i have kids living with me so get accused of been married lol xxx

Yh i get accused of being a timewaster cos i wont book a meeting in advance. Thankfully i speak to some lovely Nd understanding guys"

Well obvioulsly your miles away but if you ever fancy a chat you can PM me if you fancy it hun

I suffer with Anxiety and have ptsd which has caused me in the past to cancel a meet which made me feel like ive let them down and ultimately feel worse. I always feel im in the way, annoying someone or just not attractive or sexy enough to be meeting people. When going out normally I feel like I'm being judged. I'm trying to work hard to get over it and push out of my comfort zone. In this lifestyle its not a feeling I like to admit to.

Bella x

hull

"I suffer with Anxiety and have ptsd which has caused me in the past to cancel a meet which made me feel like ive let them down and ultimately feel worse. I always feel im in the way, annoying someone or just not attractive or sexy enough to be meeting people. When going out normally I feel like I'm being judged. I'm trying to work hard to get over it and push out of my comfort zone. In this lifestyle its not a feeling I like to admit to.

Bella x"

Ive beaten it before but keeps coming back. Wish people just understood it more and i probably wouldnt get so anxious.

» Add a new message to this topic