FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Teachers

Teachers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *yesbeenopened2 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Rugby

For any fellow teachers, how are you spending your summer break?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well it’s week 2 n I’m board as fuck

Busy after moving house. Then away soon to cyprus

"Well it’s week 2 n I’m board as fuck "

You don’t teach English do you?

By *radleywigginsMan  over a year ago

northwest

"For any fellow teachers, how are you spending your summer break?"

Doing their real jobs perhaps?

By *iss.RedWoman  over a year ago

somewhere

"Well it’s week 2 n I’m board as fuck

You don’t teach English do you? "

northwest

Probably.

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

It's a live in position -full room and board for a fuck

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Shouldn’t teachers be continuing to do some work during the 5-6 weeks of “holiday” - preparing lesson plans for the new academic year so you can get the marking done during term time without having to complain you have no time to do marking as there are lesson plans to do do???

(The comment “after 2 weeks I’m bored” - coming from a teacher - is quite astonishing - don’t you think ?)

northwest

"Shouldn’t teachers be continuing to do some work during the 5-6 weeks of “holiday” - preparing lesson plans for the new academic year so you can get the marking done during term time without having to complain you have no time to do marking as there are lesson plans to do do???

(The comment “after 2 weeks I’m bored” - coming from a teacher - is quite astonishing - don’t you think ?) "

Not at all. They don’t exactly go into it because it’s hard.

somewhere

"Shouldn’t teachers be continuing to do some work during the 5-6 weeks of “holiday” - preparing lesson plans for the new academic year so you can get the marking done during term time without having to complain you have no time to do marking as there are lesson plans to do do???

(The comment “after 2 weeks I’m bored” - coming from a teacher - is quite astonishing - don’t you think ?)

Not at all. They don’t exactly go into it because it’s hard. "

Are you a teacher then?

northwest

Are you a teacher then?"

No

here

Are you a teacher then?"

If I was a teacher that’s what I would be doing . The 5 P’s ???

somewhere

Are you a teacher then?

No"

Funny that

northwest

Are you a teacher then?

No

Funny that "

Why’s that?

(The comment “after 2 weeks I’m bored” - coming from a teacher - is quite astonishing - don’t you think ?) "

Not if they use their in school term time wisely.

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

Unless you’ve done it you have no idea!

Are you a teacher then?"

Of course he isn't.

somewhere

Are you a teacher then?

Of course he isn't. "

I knew this, that's what made me laugh

"

I've had an insider's view of it and, for some, it's very difficult. The more experienced teachers have learned how to deal with whatever is thrown at them.

Some trainees give up and go into banking or something easier.

You should try it. You have no idea what it's like teaching

somewhere

I've had an insider's view of it and, for some, it's very difficult. The more experienced teachers have learned how to deal with whatever is thrown at them.

Some trainees give up and go into banking or something easier."

I think it's about a third of teachers quit within the first few years

northwest

You should try it. You have no idea what it's like teaching"

I have no idea what it’s like having 6 weeks off every summer. I have no idea what another 6 weeks off is like either. I don’t know what it feels like to have every Christmas to spend with your family, to never have to work a weekend or to be finished at 3.30 every day either.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I think it's about a third of teachers quit within the first few years"

and the other four thirds don't last much longer.

somewhere

I have no idea what it’s like having 6 weeks off every summer. I have no idea what another 6 weeks off is like either. I don’t know what it feels like to have every Christmas to spend with your family, to never have to work a weekend or to be finished at 3.30 every day either.

"

Don't fall into the trap of thinking teachers finish at 3.30pm or don't work weekends and holidays

somewhere

I think it's about a third of teachers quit within the first few years

and the other four thirds don't last much longer. "

"

Were you never a pupil

King's Crustacean

"

Well you should have studied harder.

here

Well you should have studied harder. "

Lol

"

You obviously don't even know any teachers then if that's what you think it's like

By *bmarley77Man  over a year ago

Nr Derby

"

Hmmm.. Now Where's my violin?...

somewhere

"

found it

By *bmarley77Man  over a year ago

Nr Derby

found it "

pmsl

By *rCandPrincessCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Planning doesn't really work like this either...

"

Should try teaching then if it's so easy? Stop moaning and apply for a really "easy" job.

If people are envious of teachers and think it's a fantastic job and easy money.

I would suggest you train to become one as there is a shortage in the UK and you to can enjoy all those superb benefits.

King's Crustacean

"If people are envious of teachers and think it's a fantastic job and easy money.

I would suggest you train to become one as there is a shortage in the UK and you to can enjoy all those superb benefits. "

Very fair and sensible advice. I'm signing up for a P.E. course.

Rugby

"For any fellow teachers, how are you spending your summer break?

Doing their real jobs perhaps?"

There’s always one who makes that comment.

Rugby

"

How precisely are teachers meant to mark work that hasn’t been completed yet?

Rugby

"

here

How precisely are teachers meant to mark work that hasn’t been completed yet? "

Read it again and see where you have gone wrong with your comment/assumption ..

Rugby

How precisely are teachers meant to mark work that hasn’t been completed yet?

Read it again and see where you have gone wrong with your comment/assumption .. "

Ah. I was hasty in my response. Apologies.

I’m thoroughly enjoying every second of my 6 weeks off and look forward to the remaining 7 weeks off over the course of the rest of the year.

Oh and finishing at 3.30, having no work to do in the evenings OR weekends.

And all on my £40k salary!

Yay me!

By *abarellaWoman  over a year ago

Warminster

"Those who can, do.

Those who can't, teach".

Just a well known quote, don't shoot the messenger.

There was a similar thread last week. It was clearly pointed out that it might not be such a good idea to publicise your profession on this site.

Check your contracts!!!

"Well it’s week 2 n I’m board as fuck "

*Bored

I've got kids who will entertain you... Want them?? Free to a good home??

No

To be fair though, my kids teachers work their asses off and even though I curse them over the summer, they need a break...I just wish it was spread out over the year more ..

""Those who can, do.

Those who can't, teach".

Just a well known quote, don't shoot the messenger.

There was a similar thread last week. It was clearly pointed out that it might not be such a good idea to publicise your profession on this site.

Check your contracts!!! "

Yup I'd say there would be a lot of the gutter press wanting to spread stories of horror, highlighting the evil teacher who has a penchant for sex!

To be fair all the teachers I know, are flat out in evenings with lesson prepping, Sunday's are for marking and a large section of the summer is spent on course work.

It's a perceived perk, but they worked for that, and it's their choice?

I never understand bitterness towards others position? Work for what you want, don't drag others down because they've got it.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"If people are envious of teachers and think it's a fantastic job and easy money.

I would suggest you train to become one as there is a shortage in the UK and you to can enjoy all those superb benefits. "

Exactly this.

Yeah wind your necks in ‘ naysayers’ everyone same as me had the right to chose their job role even ic it wasnt a good one . If you we were too thick to be a teacher thats our own fault ! Anyway we are all good at whatever we do thats my way of looking at it .

you cant really begrudge anyone who regularly does a 60 hour week for most of the year a bit of RnR .. especially given that these people have to put up with other peoples feral kids each day for more time than their own parents are willinn to put

in to look after them . One Kid at home is hard work .. imagine30!

Actually don’t

Just an aside to the ‘ those who can ‘ line . I always thought that needed more clarification .

consider

Those who ‘did’ in there somewhere? in other words did time in industry learning how the job matches the subject and now teach the subject from a ‘real

’ perspective .. as well as know everything about

It in books .clever buggers aren’t they .

More power to them I reckon if you can get a good long holiday do it

If you can hack the actual job though too

» Add a new message to this topic