FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > organ donation advert

organ donation advert

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *good-being-bad OP   Man  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

I've heard an advert for organ donation , and the words used "tell them you want to donate" ..I know there are folk waiting and donors are always needed. However the tell them doesn't seem right to me, I'd have thought a softer wording more appropriate

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

What would you prefer they say

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

In wales we have an opt out system ...

That means we are all automatic donors unless we physically opt out so no one has to ask

By *ookingforlustMan  over a year ago

northants

"In wales we have an opt out system ...

That means we are all automatic donors unless we physically opt out so no one has to ask "

I think this is definitely the way it should be done

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

I've got a 16 pipe church organ but nobody wants to take it off my hands

"I've got a 16 pipe church organ but nobody wants to take it off my hands"

Why do you always have to be so flippant even on serious threads?

By *good-being-bad OP   Man  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

"What would you prefer they say"

If ..would be a good word..please would have been another, thank you rather than the blunt instruction.

I think it's referring to the person who wishes to donate... to tell there next of kin x

By *ve 66Woman  over a year ago

Blackwood

Even though it's an opt out in Wales.. family still can deny the donors wishes. This needs to be changed. More talking to your loved ones bout what you want .

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"What would you prefer they say

If ..would be a good word..please would have been another, thank you rather than the blunt instruction."

Yes, I remember thinking it sounded blunt. Bad copywriting.

It's got sod all to do with the family, it should be entirely up to the donor. People shouldn't have to tell their family anything.

Blackwood

"It's got sod all to do with the family, it should be entirely up to the donor. People shouldn't have to tell their family anything. "

Surely they must as family can over rule the donors decision when dead

"It's got sod all to do with the family, it should be entirely up to the donor. People shouldn't have to tell their family anything.

Surely they must as family can over rule the donors decision when dead "

Sorry I meant they *shouldn't* be able to override the donor's decision.

Someone has to consent to the harvesting and the donor can't as they are likely brain dead. So that falls to the next of kin.

Which is why this and other adverts focus on making people ensure their faamilies are aware of their wishes. It's massively important that people have these conversations.

Blackwood

Should bring in a new law stating families can't override their lived ones decisions. I've told my kids they can have any of my organs but not my eyes ... have changed this now. 100% us donateable

"Someone has to consent to the harvesting and the donor can't as they are likely brain dead. So that falls to the next of kin.

Which is why this and other adverts focus on making people ensure their faamilies are aware of their wishes. It's massively important that people have these conversations."

But I as a future donor have given my consent by putting myself on the organ donor register. What if I had no family, the potential recipient(s) shouldnt have to miss out.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Someone has to consent to the harvesting and the donor can't as they are likely brain dead. So that falls to the next of kin.

Which is why this and other adverts focus on making people ensure their faamilies are aware of their wishes. It's massively important that people have these conversations.

But I as a future donor have given my consent by putting myself on the organ donor register. What if I had no family, the potential recipient(s) shouldnt have to miss out. "

If you're on the register and there is no next of kin then your donation will be harvested.

Next of kin want to preserve their love one whole. That's why it's really important to have a straightforward conversation about your wishes.

I'm still feeling guilty that I forgot about donating Mum's brain to the dementia research project. We all signed up the same time when she was diagnosed and then I completely forget in all the stuff around managing the death and coping with loss.

But I as a future donor have given my consent by putting myself on the organ donor register. What if I had no family, the potential recipient(s) shouldnt have to miss out. "

While I don't disagree the consent you've given is meaningless as ato the point it becomes relevant you don't have mental capacity.

But I as a future donor have given my consent by putting myself on the organ donor register. What if I had no family, the potential recipient(s) shouldnt have to miss out.

If you're on the register and there is no next of kin then your donation will be harvested.

Next of kin want to preserve their love one whole. That's why it's really important to have a straightforward conversation about your wishes.

I'm still feeling guilty that I forgot about donating Mum's brain to the dementia research project. We all signed up the same time when she was diagnosed and then I completely forget in all the stuff around managing the death and coping with loss."

That's why I think there should be a central register. No-one can be thinking straight when a loved one dies. Even if they've had a conversation about it and agree, when the actual times comes they may not want to give permission, or forget things like you've said.

It's not fair on the doctors having to ask the next of kin either.

With a register the organs can be given and the next of kin would never know or be upset by it.

» Add a new message to this topic