FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Pulling a sickie

Pulling a sickie

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Have you ever pulled a sickie, if you have, have you ever been caught out. What’s your technique, do you plant the seed at work the day before, or is it a spur of the moment thing ?!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Never done it, I would have to be dying on my feet before I would ring in sick.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Not since about 1988 to stay in bed and have sex with the person I was out with the night before.

It's difficult pulling a sickie when you're self-employed and/or the boss.

I pulled a sickie once, my boss asked me how sick i was, i replied 'i am in bed with my brother at present'

"I pulled a sickie once, my boss asked me how sick i was, i replied 'i am in bed with my brother at present'"

:-hahahahahaha

Yes loads over the years ring them in morning as to why but never in this job

Difficult to pull a sickie when you work for yourself

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Difficult to pull a sickie when you work for yourself"

Tell me about it...lol

My work mate did it, came in the next day sunburnt.

Our boss said to him ; ‘What was the matter with you ?’ He said ‘It was firing out both ends mate !’

Boss said ‘Don’t expect that was very nice for everyone else on the beach ?!’

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

No! I am the type of person that would get caught!

Once took an urgent day off on (begged for) annual leave I had to travel to Glasgow for an urgent passport renewal, to find out the next day that they had phoned my work to say, that it would be with me by the end of the week

A perfect example of what would have happened if I had pulled a sickie - Bloody caught!

Not something I do. Work with people who do though and they sow the seed, put on a voice when they ring in, make a fuss when they get back. It's blatant and and just a bit fucking pathetic.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Nah if I ever need an urgent day off I either take it as holiday or work from home. No need to be deceitful just meet the powers that be halfway and they look after you where I work.

I have done but mainly it’s because I can’t see myself working a whole flight. I can’t just go in and see how I feel. Being stuck downroute in a hotel sick is not fun.

Also, I seem to miss important life things with my job, many will call in sick if it means missing their daughters birthday etc.

By *iss SJWoman  over a year ago

Hull

I work on a team of seven and three of them are constantly off sick. One of them was off for three of the four days she works with a broken toe. Then had a weeks holiday then came in today, her first day back, with a stiff neck. We are putting bets on her not turning up tomorrow month end our busiest time. One of the others is off so often I thought she was part time when I first joined to team.

Not very often. But after working a string of 80 hour weeks, I often feel a sick day is deserved.

Got to recharge the battery somehow

By *iss SJWoman  over a year ago

Hull

"Not very often. But after working a string of 80 hour weeks, I often feel a sick day is deserved.

Got to recharge the battery somehow "

The hours you do, if you didn’t ‘pull a sickie’ every now and then, you’d need a legitimate one or more

"Not very often. But after working a string of 80 hour weeks, I often feel a sick day is deserved.

Likewise mate. I used to do those kind of hours and some days just getting out of bed is a struggle

"Never done it, I would have to be dying on my feet before I would ring in sick."

I really struggle to understand this mentality.

If you’re ill stay at home, nobody else wants to catch it.

"Never done it, I would have to be dying on my feet before I would ring in sick.

If you’re ill stay at home, nobody else wants to catch it. "

Its the doctors I avoid. I'd rather go to work

The hours you do, if you didn’t ‘pull a sickie’ every now and then, you’d need a legitimate one or more "

You know how many hours I do with the amount of times I've had to cancel our smoochies

"Never done it, I would have to be dying on my feet before I would ring in sick.

If you’re ill stay at home, nobody else wants to catch it. "

I used to have 2 of these heroes on my office. Coincidentally things like using a tissue when sneezing never mind something like antibac was alien to them both. Would make the whole team ill, arseholes

Likewise mate. I used to do those kind of hours and some days just getting out of bed is a struggle"

Exactly. I'll do all the hours I can to get the job done, but sometimes you've just got to say fuck it

If you’re ill stay at home, nobody else wants to catch it.

I used to have 2 of these heroes on my office. Coincidentally things like using a tissue when sneezing never mind something like antibac was alien to them both. Would make the whole team ill, arseholes "

I work in a team of 3. Or if ones on holiday a team of 2.

I’ve told them outright I’d they come in full of cold etc I’d ask them to leave.

I have to take immunosuppressive medication so like fuck I want to get a cold....it takes me weeks to get over it

I have a good job and my colleagues rely on me to be there as i do them. I am respected at work and therefore I wouldnt ever pull a sickie. I dont understand why people do. IMO they dont deserve to have that particular job if they have no respect for they employer who is paying them, in most cases to be sick. Just my opinion i know people will disagree.

"I have a good job and my colleagues rely on me to be there as i do them. I am respected at work and therefore I wouldnt ever pull a sickie. I dont understand why people do. IMO they dont deserve to have that particular job if they have no respect for they employer who is paying them, in most cases to be sick. Just my opinion i know people will disagree. "

It takes a lot for me to pull a sickie, but I don't share this opinion. If I'm genuinely ill there is no way I'd put my job before my health

"I have done but mainly it’s because I can’t see myself working a whole flight. I can’t just go in and see how I feel. Being stuck downroute in a hotel sick is not fun. "

Do they manage to cover you or one flight attendant less on the flight?

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Tain

Never phoned it sick when I wasn't and am never off sick anyway.

But like others on this thread seem to work with folk who claim to catch every bug going. And if not them, then their kids!

Do you really need to take a couple of days off cause your 15 year old son is poorly and his gran lives next door!

Pulled a sickie?????

I (ahem) couldn’t possibly ......... ummmmmmmm ........... comment?!?

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

My firm was pretty laid back when I was in training, Sunday afternoon drinking and I wouldn't turn in on the Monday,

On the Tuesday I would just say I had one of them 24 hour bugs, My boss would just laugh and say, I used to get them a lot when I was young

In my last job there was a girl who always went home with ‘women’s issues’ it’s a convenient one, cause you’re not supposed to question that. Blokes equivalent is probably a bad back.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

I have had one year where I was off every month for about 6 months with different issues

But then for about 3 years,about 4 days for the total of 3 years

But then I was also sick for 2 months

"I have done but mainly it’s because I can’t see myself working a whole flight. I can’t just go in and see how I feel. Being stuck downroute in a hotel sick is not fun.

Do they manage to cover you or one flight attendant less on the flight? "

Depends. If they can’t cover then the guys have to work harder.

"I have a good job and my colleagues rely on me to be there as i do them. I am respected at work and therefore I wouldnt ever pull a sickie. I dont understand why people do. IMO they dont deserve to have that particular job if they have no respect for they employer who is paying them, in most cases to be sick. Just my opinion i know people will disagree. "

Being ill is different to "pulling a sickie", isn't it?

If someone is ill and unable to work they should not be made to feel guilty for being ill.

You’re never that Ill when self-employed

1994 Glastonbury. Was caught on tv.

Fail lol

"In my last job there was a girl who always went home with ‘women’s issues’ it’s a convenient one, cause you’re not supposed to question that. Blokes equivalent is probably a bad back. "

It's not convenient when you are flooding, in pain and get a migraine with your "women's issues".

"1994 Glastonbury. Was caught on tv.

Fail lol"

But so worth it!!

When I used to work such silly hours, at about your age, I didn't go out, see or speak to anyone on Sundays. It was the only way I could manage my health condition and keep working at that level. My career was great but I had no life and, subsequently, I've ended up a single old woman.

"1994 Glastonbury. Was caught on tv.

Fail lol"

I was there !

When I used to work such silly hours, at about your age, I didn't go out, see or speak to anyone on Sundays. It was the only way I could manage my health condition and keep working at that level. My career was great but I had no life and, subsequently, I've ended up a single old woman.

"

Oh god, am I going to end up a single old woman?

Oh god, am I going to end up a single old woman? "

If you're not careful. Make time for the smoochies. I had a fabulous career but no sex for 14 years. Don't be me.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I've never feigned illness, but if you're infectious you should stay at home.

All the time.. I work for a huuuge company where I’m just considered a number and there’s people on call purely to cover sickness.. they work till we’re dead on our feet so it’s the only way forward

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Not since they introduced the not get paid for the first 3 days rule.

Stops hangover sickies

By *ittlemisssassypantsCouple  over a year ago

South East Wales

I own my own shop- I can’t call in sick without losing dolla

But, back in the old days I used to plant the seed first

Sassy

"I have a good job and my colleagues rely on me to be there as i do them. I am respected at work and therefore I wouldnt ever pull a sickie. I dont understand why people do. IMO they dont deserve to have that particular job if they have no respect for they employer who is paying them, in most cases to be sick. Just my opinion i know people will disagree.

If someone is ill and unable to work they should not be made to feel guilty for being ill.

"

Exactly .. the thread is about pulling a sickie, im not questioning anyone who is ill. I dont think i ever said that its wrong to take time off work if you are genuinely ill.

"I have a good job and my colleagues rely on me to be there as i do them. I am respected at work and therefore I wouldnt ever pull a sickie. I dont understand why people do. IMO they dont deserve to have that particular job if they have no respect for they employer who is paying them, in most cases to be sick. Just my opinion i know people will disagree.

Exactly .. the thread is about pulling a sickie, im not questioning anyone who is ill. I dont think i ever said that its wrong to take time off work if you are genuinely ill. "

As an employer you do start to track patterns. It's tricky but sometimes people give you all the evidence you need to discipline them.

Exactly .. the thread is about pulling a sickie, im not questioning anyone who is ill. I dont think i ever said that its wrong to take time off work if you are genuinely ill.

As an employer you do start to track patterns. It's tricky but sometimes people give you all the evidence you need to discipline them.

"

Yes some people are thick, posting statuses on facebook or just going out without a care and getting seen. One of my colleagues wanted to see his new girlfriend one evening Leading up to that week .. he tried to get leave, couldnt, tried to swap his shift, couldnt. On the day .. he phoned in sick. Everyone knew he wasnt ill and he still works with us, no disciplinary there.

» Add a new message to this topic