FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Quitting

Quitting

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Smoking. So I’ve decided to ditch the death stick. I’m two days in and it is driving me crazy. For all of you ex smokers out there what did you do to get through this horrible time? I’m allergic to most of the medication and champix tablets just straight up messed with my mind and sleeping pattern. Is there anything I can do or anything that helped you to keep away from these cravings?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Well done for making the decision and lasting two days.

I gave up a very long time ago and was able to just stop.

A friend kept carrot sticks to hand for whenever she felt a craving. It seemed to work and avoided her gaining loads of weight.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well done on 2 days especially if you're going cold turkey.

I'd suggest vaping, get the cheapest pen style, about 5.99 just to take the edge off. Or try the gum?

I swapped to vaping just over 2 years ago, not a single fag since then. I enjoyed smoking so vaping was a good choice for me, and I don't intend to give up vaping. but it does take time to get used to.

Best of luck.

By *ittlemisssassypantsCouple  over a year ago

South East Wales

I’ve not a smoker so I can’t give the best advice, but I do have pretty bad anxiety and I find colouring a really great tool. Sounds a bit pants, but it keeps me focused and my hands busy for hours!

Keep going, each day will get easier

Sassy

By *ndtheswingersMan  over a year ago

colchester

I got hypnotised 17 years ago. Walked in a 30 a day smoker, walked out a smoker. Difference was I thought it hadnt worked. I was a bit pissed off at spending £250 and I didn't want to waste it so I didnt smoke out of bloody mindedness.

Not had a puff since!

Power your way through it. The cravings won't last long and just take each one on the chin. You've got to remap your habits and routine for long enough that they become your new habit/routine.

Yours sincerely,

A smoker who has failed to quit a million times so probably shouldn't be giving advice.

"I’ve not a smoker so I can’t give the best advice, but I do have pretty bad anxiety and I find colouring a really great tool. Sounds a bit pants, but it keeps me focused and my hands busy for hours!

Keep going, each day will get easier

It doesn’t sound pants at all I’ve heard there are some quite good adult colouring books out there. Might have to give it a try. I’m trying to focus on my music more to keep my mind off it but it’s more when I’m working or travelling to and from that I’m suffering the most

Sassy"

"Well done on 2 days especially if you're going cold turkey.

I'd suggest vaping, get the cheapest pen style, about 5.99 just to take the edge off. Or try the gum?

I swapped to vaping just over 2 years ago, not a single fag since then. I enjoyed smoking so vaping was a good choice for me, and I don't intend to give up vaping. but it does take time to get used to.

Best of luck. "

Thank you for the congratulations but it’s still early days and I really hope to keep it up. Sadly I have my own views on vaping so I don’t think that’s the route for me. I have tried it before but just want to be free of it all together so I can focus on my fitness

By *atindollTV/TS  over a year ago

edinburgh

I ate a lot of boiled sweets..pretty fattening tho...followed by lots of walking outdoors-to burn off the fat...then went to Spain on holiday...god I love the Spanish snouts...so...spain in Sept again..then stop cos no holiday next year.

By *oonloverWoman  over a year ago

bognor regis

I found the hardest part was not having something in my hand in situations like driving so used to hold a pen

"I ate a lot of boiled sweets..pretty fattening tho...followed by lots of walking outdoors-to burn off the fat...then went to Spain on holiday...god I love the Spanish snouts...so...spain in Sept again..then stop cos no holiday next year."

Hmm that’s the oral fixation sorted then... well sort of just something to keep the hands occupied

Spain does sound nice right about now. Anywhere but fuerteventura I went a couple of months back and never again

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

Congratulations. I recently quit too. I got a vape machine but I do feel that I swapped one problem for another. My advice is to change habits or scenery for a while. If you smoked at a certain time of day or with certain people switch it up a little and do something else.

Good luck and enjoy the money you’ll save!!

Keep it up. must say I just stopped but stopped going to the pub at the same time because of the association with smoking with drinking, so maybe try to keep away from what you associate with smoking until that stops as well.

Gave the fuckers up over 10 years ago cold turkey damn hard work.. Last weekend I was at a stag and had somthing a little stronger and ended up smoking cigarettes for the weekend, still very disappointed in my self , it generally dosnt happen over night but if you are genuine you will get there eventually

By *ids_NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

Two days is brilliant, keep it up!

When I stopped and desperately wanted one, I’d think back to the cravings I’d had the day before. Reminded myself that I got through it then, if I was to give up and smoke based on the cravings I had that day, the previous will power would have been for nothing. Keep going, think of why it is your doing it, put the money you would have spent on fags in a jar and watch it mount up for motivation. I had an app which calculated the cost for me and when I felt the need for a fag I would look at what my total was up to. Occupy yourself too, go for a walk, do the housework, go to gym, have a wank! All passes the time away.

Good luck!

I quit last September.

I was never a huge smoker anyway, the most I smoked in a day was 5.

For me it was as if I woke up that day and decided to stop smoking, my mom had stopped the month before after 42 years of smoking and it was the same for her, she just decided to stop, her stopping was an incentive for me.

To be honest, I’ve only tempted once and that was when d*unk, I didn’t smoke it, just smelt it! Haven’t been tempted since which tells me I wasn’t meant to be a smoker!

I think you have to truly want to stop smoking for it to work first and foremost, if you truly don’t want to, temptation will eventually get the better of you. X

Congratulations on getting to day 2

I just gave up by sheer willpower 9 yrs ago..

Although to start with if i got an urge i used to say to myself 'I'll have one in 10 mins, then moved it on to 20 mins and so on until the thought went out of my head..

i'm 2 years of all nicotine products and vapes .... i bought a small vape thing and reduced the content from 21mg to 0mg in the space of 4 weeks .... then over the following 2 weeks after that i started to feel less and less interested in the physical hand to mouth habbit and just stop using the vape .... been totally clean since and not felt any kind of tug whatsoever .... and i had smoked like a demon for 30 years

» Add a new message to this topic