FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Batteries.....

Batteries.....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

...... from my laptop dealer 120 quid. ebay 15 quid, including postage.

Why are dealer batteries so expensive? I don't notice much difference in quality.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wow, didn't realise they were that expensive! That's about a 1/5th of what I paid for the feckin laptop itself! What a swizz.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Because people think they are safer using the dealers, they pay through the nose for that mistaken assurance though.

you'd have thought that battery technology would have improved a bit by now too! (battery life etc etc)

On a general note, I had read somewhere (quite some time ago) that our standard batteries -for radios, torches, vibrators etc) could have a much longer life than they currently do, and it's all down to the seals they use during maunfacture (not the seals annually clubbed every year, but seals as in: airtight selas).

Of course, the manufacturers do NOT want our batteries to last too long, or we won't be buying enough! Green, huh?

So ladies (and gents) the battery manufacturers are diluting you vibrator time, if the vibe runs out at just the wrong moment, blame Everready!

lo

The Mars rover that just took off has batteries on it that will last longer than the machine they're powering. Made of plutonium apparently. Do Curry's sell them?

"The Mars rover that just took off has batteries on it that will last longer than the machine they're powering. Made of plutonium apparently. Do Curry's sell them? "

probably under-the-counter.

Have a word with Bob in stores.

lo

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"The Mars rover that just took off has batteries on it that will last longer than the machine they're powering. Made of plutonium apparently. Do Curry's sell them?

probably under-the-counter.

Have a word with Bob in stores.

lo"

» Add a new message to this topic