FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Read the profile....

Read the profile....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *onny Bones OP   Man  over a year ago

a block away from heaven

I see a lot of people insisting that you MUST read their profile before making contact, why?

I wonder if these people are the same that take offence to being wolf whistled at when walking down the road? Are these the same that take offence to having a horn tooted at them when out andc about?

Personally I wouldn't read a profile that is similar in length to war & peace, or longer than my monthly shopping list with must haves. I know that I will be torn apart by some for my views, but that is fine as we are all entitled to air our views here.

I am not looking for a wife here, or a monogamous relationship. I am hoping to find physical attraction and also physical satisfaction. I care less if the lady wants to reply in txt spk, or anything like that. I find it weird that a person is able to judge the potential of a meet based upon their grade at GCSE English.

Sometimes I think people want you to apply for their attention in the same fashion you would a job.

Just my thoughts!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I see a lot of people insisting that you MUST read their profile before making contact, why?

I wonder if these people are the same that take offence to being wolf whistled at when walking down the road? Are these the same that take offence to having a horn tooted at them when out andc about?

Personally I wouldn't read a profile that is similar in length to war & peace, or longer than my monthly shopping list with must haves. I know that I will be torn apart by some for my views, but that is fine as we are all entitled to air our views here.

I am not looking for a wife here, or a monogamous relationship. I am hoping to find physical attraction and also physical satisfaction. I care less if the lady wants to reply in txt spk, or anything like that. I find it weird that a person is able to judge the potential of a meet based upon their grade at GCSE English.

Sometimes I think people want you to apply for their attention in the same fashion you would a job.

Just my thoughts!"

good luck

i cant wait to see the replies...

I stopped putting anything much on my profile as it was hardly read anyway, less than forty words and it was still too many for some.

I just hide now.

[Removed by poster at 27/11/11 16:09:49]

my profile describes me for who i am

and if people dont like it they needn't message me

but not many read it

Maybe just maybe they are asking you to read their profile fully so you don't waste your time in replying to them if you are not what they are looking for?

Why would you not want to read the profile? It saves time. Why waste time sending a message to someone who's profile text may exclude you?

a block away from heaven

" i cant wait to see the replies..."

Should be fun!

I dont know man I think that our profiles on here are the closest thing to how we are as people.

And some of us put efforts into them so that people who may be interested can tell if we have common ground.

Not everyones compatible.

My two pennys anyway dude.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

My profile has all sorts on. My idea is that I can save those good people who live 3,000 miles away, with no pictures uploaded, who can't accomodate, who love bareback, can only meet in the daytime during the week and are on the run from a Peruvian assassin from wasting their time contacting me.

a block away from heaven

"my profile describes me for who i am

but not many read it "

In some ways it may be a compliment that a person finds you physically attractive?

I always read a profile no matter how long it is, as it gives me an insight into that person and there likes and dislikes. Then i make a decision whether to contact them or not.

a block away from heaven

"I dont know man I think that our profiles on here are the closest thing to how we are as people.

And some of us put efforts into them so that people who may be interested can tell if we have common ground.

Not everyones compatible.

My two pennys anyway dude."

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I get compliments on a daily basis about my profile saying what a refreshing change my profile is and how well written it is.

I read profiles and I find people interesting and those that interest me I will send a message to.

Just because some want cold non meaning sex does not mean I want the cold sex.. that is nolt me..

My profile serves a purpose - to help sieving out the ones that I am unlikely to find whatever they may have to offer attractive.

It is working for me, and I have no intention of changing it, so as to make myself appear to be more approachable/friendly/less stuck up/whatever.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

" i cant wait to see the replies...

Should be fun!"

Ah! So the post is intended to inflame.................sorry it hasn't worked for you, you've just made yourself unmeetable I'd say.

but not many read it

In some ways it may be a compliment that a person finds you physically attractive?"

But not after the same things, lets say in her profile she has "no black or asian men" but you didnt read it.

Waste of time, and its not like it takes long to read a page of text lol.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Just another filter as far as I'm concerned - also reading profiles helps me decide whether it's someone I'd be interested in, cos I'm not looking for Mr/Mrs Right but I do prefer to be able to have a decent convo before or after hot, horny, exhaustingly fabulous sex (not during, usually got my mouth occupied elsewhere)

"I see a lot of people insisting that you MUST read their profile before making contact, why?

Just my thoughts!"

Do you expect them to reply and possibly meet you if you are not prepared to take their requests into account. A strange one and a strange attitude but if it works for you.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

My profile is reasonably long, it doesnt have a list of donts on it. Its my advertisement to hopefully attract like minded people.

I get lots of compliments on it, quite a few from straight females not wishing to meet just to compliment.

If you dont want to read someones profile then dont, its entirely up to you.

Lets hope the next person you plan to meet doesnt have halfway down there profile that they insist on you being gangbanged bare back by their partner and friends on the first meet

By *inkershoes69Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

"My profile is reasonably long, it doesnt have a list of donts on it. Its my advertisement to hopefully attract like minded people.

I get lots of compliments on it, quite a few from straight females not wishing to meet just to compliment.

If you dont want to read someones profile then dont, its entirely up to you. that was good!!!

Lets hope the next person you plan to meet doesnt have halfway down there profile that they insist on you being gangbanged bare back by their partner and friends on the first meet "

If someone doesnt read our profile,thats up to them,but dont complain when you dont get a reply,respect works both ways

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

If people can't be arsed to read my profile, then I can't be arsed to reply to their message. I suppose it saves time in the long run for both parties.

but not many read it

In some ways it may be a compliment that a person finds you physically attractive?"

with the pics on my profile dont show much

lol

x

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Just my thoughts!"

if people took time to write it, then surely if you respected them enough then you would read what they wrote...

or are we only suppose to think with loins now??

if you don't want to read it... then surely you wouldn't reply anyway.. or are you saying you chance it regardless?

just curious??

one last thing.... don't you see any irony in you saying you don't worry about someones txt speak, and grammar.. but do object if they use loads of words??

Pretty ironic that you wrote an essay in the OP. I was bored after the second sentence

Just curious as to why the op has a profile if he doesnt rate them himself

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Just curious as to why the op has a profile if he doesnt rate them himself"

I was wondering that too....

"Just curious as to why the op has a profile if he doesnt rate them himself"

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

I can usually tell in the first few lines of a profile if someone is the sort of person/people I'd like to contact. But I'll read on as there might be something in there later on that will help me craft a decent message rather than something dull and generic.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

but not many read it

I dont give a flying fuck if someone finds us attractive, if they havent read the profile and dont fit what we are looking for then they have no chance.

We read profiles fully, and then check out their pics, and expect others to do the same.

Lets take this to extremes.... perhaps we should just have up a face pic, with no text, and ask people whether they think we are hot or not...... hmmmmm, now theres an idea for a web site lol!

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

If you don't read someones profile, how do you know they are the sort of people you would like to meet?

I can quite often like the photos but when I read the text, think no not for me!

We can and should all take our own approach to seeking meets, and if the one in your post works for you then so be it, but according to your profile your most recent verification is almost 18 months old and your profile recognises that your meets are few and far between...

but not many read it

In some ways it may be a compliment that a person finds you physically attractive?

I dont give a flying fuck if someone finds us attractive, if they havent read the profile and dont fit what we are looking for then they have no chance.

We read profiles fully, and then check out their pics, and expect others to do the same."

Totally agree with that!

"Lets take this to extremes.... perhaps we should just have up a face pic, with no text, and ask people whether they think we are hot or not...... hmmmmm, now theres an idea for a web site lol! "

Now that would suit some of the ones that don't/won't read profiles

By *ercedes62Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

"If you don't read someones profile, how do you know they are the sort of people you would like to meet?

I can quite often like the photos but when I read the text, think no not for me!"

Totally agree and well said.

each to their own

some will read, some won't

some do well some won't

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

we had a message today asking us how the cat was, as we don't mention any pets in our profile t was obvious they hadn't read it

By *arnayguyMan  over a year ago

Durham Tees

If you don't make any effort to read a profile you probably won't make any effort elsewhere either....

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

[Removed by poster at 27/11/11 17:57:00]

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Just my thoughts!"

Wolf whistle me and i will assume you are a brainless,desperate and pathetic,toot your horn at me and i will assume your sexual activity lasts as long as your attention seeking horn.

Your message is a job application,you are applying to have sex with me,if you cannot understand why that means you have certain criteria to meet i suggest u go down your local pub around 2 am...d*unk women tend to be undiscerning.

but not many read it

What difference does it make if a short, black, bi man finds me attractive and message me when that's not what I'm looking for?

I was curious yesterday and responded to a message from a short, bi married man who sent me a picture of himself dressed in lingerie. I asked him to help me improve my profile to stop men wasting their time contacting me, so could he kindly point out the ambiguity in my profile that made him think he'd meet what I was looking for.

Suffice it to say, he never got back to me.

If people are too lazy to read profiles and are happy to contact anyone in the hope of a shag: good for them, but said non-picky individuals should leave discerning individuals to meet and play with those that stimulate their mind and body.

Just a thought!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

being wolf whistled at whilst out in pubic is completely different to someone not taking 2 minutes to read a profile on here though.

in public people dont have the opportunity to learn more about you, they only have the visual aspect to go on. Yes some find it offensive but there is nothing they can do about it.

On here we are able to provide the person looking at the profile a chance to assess whether they are what we are looking for and if we are what they are looking for. Why would you not take advantage of that facility?

OP, you use the site however you wish but i will keep a beady eye out to see if you start any 'people are so rude not replying' threads cos if this is your approach then you really havent got a leg to stand on

Pssssssst op. I thought you said you loved reading profiles!

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/59822

"Pssssssst op. I thought you said you loved reading profiles!

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/59822"

pmsl, couldnt have done better myself. My memory must of let me down on this occassion

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

pmsl, couldnt have done better myself. My memory must of let me down on this occassion"

Brilliant, but then I suppose we are allowed to change our minds

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/59822"

well, seems that the op was flame throwing. Backfired somewhat.

my profile states i want men with big cocks to spunk in my mouth while they finger my arse think spikey shit laden dildos.in fact i dont care if someone has genital warts, cos i love sooking them...its also noted i like to report very meet to peoples families so they know they are swingers...give me ur bank details to cos im gonna shaft every PENNY u have.

still reading?

I prefer to have what I want on my profile so long as it says what I want I don't care

a block away from heaven

Should be fun!

Ah! So the post is intended to inflame.................sorry it hasn't worked for you, you've just made yourself unmeetable I'd say."

Now that is quite a silly statement, but if it has nullified my chance of meeting you then I apologise!

Should be fun!

Ah! So the post is intended to inflame.................sorry it hasn't worked for you, you've just made yourself unmeetable I'd say.

Now that is quite a silly statement, but if it has nullified my chance of meeting you then I apologise!"

you are not Gerald Ratner are you?

a block away from heaven

Just my thoughts!

if people took time to write it, then surely if you respected them enough then you would read what they wrote...

or are we only suppose to think with loins now??

if you don't want to read it... then surely you wouldn't reply anyway.. or are you saying you chance it regardless?

just curious??

one last thing.... don't you see any irony in you saying you don't worry about someones txt speak, and grammar.. but do object if they use loads of words??"

In terms of 'chancing it' I suppose you are entirely correct. I do not have any shame in saying so.

I also have to apologise for leading you to believing that I took offence in somebody writing a lengthy profile, more the insistence on reading it.

The other part of the original post is something I would like your opinion on Fabio. Would you dismiss the advances of a lady who took one look at you felt immediate attraction? It appears that what some have at times described as being animal attraction is lacking in our sexually diverse past time.

In all honesty I am starting to feel awkward about looking at the public pictures and sending a wink. Yet I know that were I standing at a bar and had seen some of the absolutely stunning ladies who deplore my Outlook, I would probably still approach them based on their physical attributes. A born chancer you might say!

a block away from heaven

but not many read it

What difference does it make if a short, black, bi man finds me attractive and message me when that's not what I'm looking for?

I was curious yesterday and responded to a message from a short, bi married man who sent me a picture of himself dressed in lingerie. I asked him to help me improve my profile to stop men wasting their time contacting me, so could he kindly point out the ambiguity in my profile that made him think he'd meet what I was looking for.

Suffice it to say, he never got back to me.

If people are too lazy to read profiles and are happy to contact anyone in the hope of a shag: good for them, but said non-picky individuals should leave discerning individuals to meet and play with those that stimulate their mind and body.

Just a thought! "

Totally agree

I would always read a profile if I was interested and wishing to send a message. I can tell from the first couple of sentences whether they are my type of people.

But a list of negatives and do nots put me off. Especially if those list of do nots appear at the beginning of the profile and the bit about describing oneself is a short paragraph at the end, almost like an afterthought

a block away from heaven

"I would always read a profile if I was interested and wishing to send a message. I can tell from the first couple of sentences whether they are my type of people.

But a list of negatives and do nots put me off. Especially if those list of do nots appear at the beginning of the profile and the bit about describing oneself is a short paragraph at the end, almost like an afterthought "

a block away from heaven

well, seems that the op was flame throwing. Backfired somewhat. "

Please understand its the prerequisite to meeting someone being the reading of profiles as opposed to taking offence if somebody expressed an interest based on your physical appearance. Be that the colour of your hair, eyes or your smile. I would have thought you understood Sassy as you seemed to appreciate physical attraction in other posts http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/78349

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Should be fun!

Now that is quite a silly statement, but if it has nullified my chance of meeting you then I apologise!"

apologizing for being a troll never works...just remember the single women u supposedly want to meet on here can actually read

By *weet threesome wifeCouple  over a year ago

Kilrea

people that dont read profiles tend to message askin questions that are put on profile to save them askin, and the recipient having to repeat, so much easier to read as much as posible, ya mite even find u wouldnt want to be part of them, i mean come on it's plumb lazy and rude not to, just my thoughts

stacey eddy

well, seems that the op was flame throwing. Backfired somewhat.

Please understand its the prerequisite to meeting someone being the reading of profiles as opposed to taking offence if somebody expressed an interest based on your physical appearance. Be that the colour of your hair, eyes or your smile. I would have thought you understood Sassy as you seemed to appreciate physical attraction in other posts http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/78349

"

Sorry, I don't get the point you're trying to make. I appreciate attractive men, yes, but if we're not attractive sexually his attention is pointless. If a Dom Daniel Craig look a like contacted me I'd think "another idiot that doesn't read profiles" and delete the message without reading it.

Some people like any kind of attention, it massages their fragile egos...I'm not that needy.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Ah, but you know you need me sassy.

a block away from heaven

Should be fun!

Now that is quite a silly statement, but if it has nullified my chance of meeting you then I apologise!

apologizing for being a troll never works...just remember the single women u supposedly want to meet on here can actually read "

Would it be hard to imagine a woman feeling the same as I do. Even if it were not me but another that sparked a physical attraction for her? It is hard, but at times accepting fact that others may take interest in areas that some wouldn't. If two find spark through the written word then that is fine by me. I go back to the point that it is the insistence of reading profiles, the hidden code words etc.

If by saying this I have upset some, then fine. If I have caused such discomfort that some may have taken offence to what I have written at least it has proved the view of many that words can build a mental picture that would outweigh physical attraction.

[Removed by poster at 28/11/11 21:06:28]

Just my thoughts!"

Are you really saying you don't know why?

Some people put code words to use in future contact one important reason to read a profile.

The reference to wolf whistling and tooting of horns show that your mind makes relationships between issues in a strange way. How does that relate requesting that people read a profile carefully?

Like Fabio stated it shows respect if you read a profile and communicate indicating that you have done so.

You go on to talk about attraction on a very basic level in a way that infers that's what matters most to the majority. I suggest that the people who take the trouble to write a comprehensive profile want a little more than the shallow instant attraction. Further, many want to make friends who have common interests first.

"

By dunebather   Man just this minute! 

Barrow

Just my thoughts!"

Are you really saying you don't know why?

Some people put code words to use in future contact one important reason to read a profile.

The reference to wolf whistling and tooting of horns show that you mind make relationships between issues in a strange way.

Like Fabio stated it shows respect if you read a profile and communicate indicating that you have done so.

You go on to talk about attraction on a very basic level in a way that infers that's what matters most to the majority. I suggest that the people who take the trouble to write a comprehensive profile want a little more than the shallow instant attraction. Further, many want to make friends who have common interests first."

Well said Dunebather

To the op. You are very successful on here, so keep on doing what you are doing as it seems to work for you.

» Add a new message to this topic