FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Why are some so anal about spelling

Why are some so anal about spelling

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is something i have never worked out. I know many people pick faults with others because they feel insecure and lack confidence but spelling or grammar on a swinging site? Im here to meet and get on with people not to pick fault what about everyone else?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Lol "Anal"..... Not heard that in a while.

Each to their own, and that they use spelling as some kind of standard to gauge if the person is likely to be compatible?

If I am unsure about a spelling I google it, so can't understand why others don't!

I regularly type badly though

"Each to their own, and that they use spelling as some kind of standard to gauge if the person is likely to be compatible?

"

I kind of get what you mean but with smart phones being often used these days it kind of doesn't follow through.

"Lol "Anal"..... Not heard that in a while."

Never!

it is only correct that what we write is spelt correctly. Not anal about it though.

"If I am unsure about a spelling I google it, so can't understand why others don't!

I regularly type badly though "

To be honest i would if i am on my laptop but often its on my phone which is impractical. Do people still assume everyone is using a computer to long in?

"Each to their own, and that they use spelling as some kind of standard to gauge if the person is likely to be compatible?

I kind of get what you mean but with smart phones being often used these days it kind of doesn't follow through. "

Some people who have smart phones may not know how to use the word prediction feature, or they decide not to bother with it.

Each to their own etc...

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"

Thats how I think of it, although I have gone against my initial impression and found out that someone who types badly can be a very good communicator face to face.

Its easy to work out who might be dyslexic or using a smart phone, and who is actually a lazy typer.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"Is something i have never worked out. I know many people pick faults with others because they feel insecure and lack confidence but spelling or grammar on a swinging site? Im here to meet and get on with people not to pick fault what about everyone else? "

Erm.... well "i" should be "I", and there should be an apostrophy between the "I" and "m" in "Im".

Now, what was the question again?

am trained as a typist, grammar and all that. but the min i come onto fab i go into lazy mode....tough dont mean am am crap in bed tho and i dont judge others by their spelling standards also

Depends on the type of bad spelling

The thing is how someone spells reflects on their intelligence and if they cant string a conversation together on here can they in real life? and i dont want to be stuck with some thick twat lol

*ducks for cover* lol

As for text talk, soon as i see that i just think....kid....and i dont want to meet a 18 year old either

To me it does matter because it says a lot about a person, some are just after a fuck but i like my mind stimulated as well

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

now that's just a crying shame ....... oh you said HEARD

"Is something i have never worked out. I know many people pick faults with others because they feel insecure and lack confidence but spelling or grammar on a swinging site? Im here to meet and get on with people not to pick fault what about everyone else?

Erm.... well "i" should be "I", and there should be an apostrophy between the "I" and "m" in "Im".

Now, what was the question again? "

*apostrophe*

I kind of get what you mean but with smart phones being often used these days it kind of doesn't follow through.

Some people who have smart phones may not know how to use the word prediction feature, or they decide not to bother with it.

Each to their own etc... "

I get what you are saying to a point but not everyone has perfect eyesight, full knowledge of their device etc. I get the bit about people avoiding those who struggle with spelling but i am at a loss why they jump up and down about it like a demented lottery jackpot winner.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

maybe there are some pedantic nitpicking fuckers on here that use any excuse to have a dig? Noooooooo maybe not

"am trained as a typist, grammar and all that. but the min i come onto fab i go into lazy mode....tough dont mean am am crap in bed tho and i dont judge others by their spelling standards also"

I applaud you for that I'm pretty much with you on that as I see a site like this about fun not trying to point out errors to others.

"maybe there are some pedantic nitpicking fuckers on here that use any excuse to have a dig? Noooooooo maybe not "

awww i never have a dig i just dont reply lol

"Lol "Anal"..... Not heard that in a while.

now that's just a crying shame ....... oh you said HEARD "

yes "Heard", i had "Anal" yesterday

Each to their own etc...

I get what you are saying to a point but not everyone has perfect eyesight, full knowledge of their device etc. I get the bit about people avoiding those who struggle with spelling but i am at a loss why they jump up and down about it like a demented lottery jackpot winner. "

Where is the smiley for THAT?

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"maybe there are some pedantic nitpicking fuckers on here that use any excuse to have a dig? Noooooooo maybe not

awww i never have a dig i just dont reply lol"

your posts never sprang to mind hunni....xxx

brecon

"Is something i have never worked out. I know many people pick faults with others because they feel insecure and lack confidence but spelling or grammar on a swinging site? Im here to meet and get on with people not to pick fault what about everyone else?

*apostrophe*

"

Lol, bollocks, hoist by my own petard goddammit!

"Depends on the type of bad spelling

The thing is how someone spells reflects on their intelligence and if they cant string a conversation together on here can they in real life? and i dont want to be stuck with some thick twat lol

*ducks for cover* lol

As for text talk, soon as i see that i just think....kid....and i dont want to meet a 18 year old either

To me it does matter because it says a lot about a person, some are just after a fuck but i like my mind stimulated as well "

I wouldn't says the spelling says a great amount about someone's intelligence. Granted structure and grammar does. I will concede it does hint at poor keyboard skills though.

"maybe there are some pedantic nitpicking fuckers on here that use any excuse to have a dig? Noooooooo maybe not

awww i never have a dig i just dont reply lol"

+1

No point in wasting time.

Each to their own etc...

I get what you are saying to a point but not everyone has perfect eyesight, full knowledge of their device etc. I get the bit about people avoiding those who struggle with spelling but i am at a loss why they jump up and down about it like a demented lottery jackpot winner.

Where is the smiley for THAT? "

I just wish they had a head scratching smiley at times.

*apostrophe*

Lol, bollocks, hoist by my own petard goddammit! "

Its called Muphry's Law, which basically states any post correcting someone's spelling or grammar will have a spelling or grammar error in there too. Just how the world works.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Being able to understand what is written is quite important too otherwise the message might be missinterpreted.

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

[Removed by poster at 28/11/11 23:24:14]

Bradford

My granma once let slip that i was an error.

brecon

*apostrophe*

Lol, bollocks, hoist by my own petard goddammit!

Its called Muphry's Law, which basically states any post correcting someone's spelling or grammar will have a spelling or grammar error in there too. Just how the world works. "

"Muphry's Law" Lol!!!

brecon

And yes, I did deliberately keep that fekker short, you wont get me again!!!

"Being able to understand what is written is quite important too otherwise the message might be missinterpreted. "

I'd agree with that or confusion could get you arrested for entering a no entry zone.

"And yes, I did deliberately keep that fekker short, you wont get me again!!! "

Well, technically you shouldn't use more than one exclamation mark...

I'll get my coat!

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

I tend to type as my partner is dyslexic. Not seriously but enough to be happy with me taking this role on our behalf. I'd say orally she has the edge but others have said we were equally competent.

Seriously though text speak makes us cringe.

I have always been very good at spelling, probably because I read a lot.

But I make lots of mistakes in my posts and that's because I'm using my blackberry and I'm not wearing my glasses and I can't zoom the screen any further. Other times my brain races away and I miss out words cos my brain is a few steps ahead.

Yes I would take notice of how people communicate and the words they use and I wouldn't get into conversations with people who write badly because I know we are not compatible (excludes people who are dyslexic obviously).

But those who constantly pull up others on the forums over spellings are just trying to make the object of their derisive comments look inferior. It doesn't really work, it just makes themselves look like twats

THE STICKS

"Lol "Anal"..... Not heard that in a while.

now that's just a crying shame ....... oh you said HEARD

yes "Heard", i had "Anal" yesterday "

My kinda people !!

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

who mentioned anal?? I have instructions!! xx

"Is something i have never worked out. I know many people pick faults with others because they feel insecure and lack confidence but spelling or grammar on a swinging site? Im here to meet and get on with people not to pick fault what about everyone else? "

nitpicking the old animal instinct, sometimes stronger than the drive for sex!

"I have always been very good at spelling, probably because I read a lot.

But I make lots of mistakes in my posts and that's because I'm using my blackberry and I'm not wearing my glasses and I can't zoom the screen any further. Other times my brain races away and I miss out words cos my brain is a few steps ahead.

Yes I would take notice of how people communicate and the words they use and I wouldn't get into conversations with people who write badly because I know we are not compatible (excludes people who are dyslexic obviously).

But those who constantly pull up others on the forums over spellings are just trying to make the object of their derisive comments look inferior. It doesn't really work, it just makes themselves look like twats "

+1 here for fun not a spelling lesson.

Eye wood get meye spellin write if the langwich wz a bit mower lorgicle!!!!

Salted!

"Eye wood get meye spellin write if the langwich wz a bit mower lorgicle!!!!"

Lol

THE STICKS

"who mentioned anal?? I have instructions!! xx"

Let's me, you, and Notts couple hijack this and turn it into a buttsecks thread

[Removed by poster at 29/11/11 01:52:44]

Well I agree in some respects that it does demonstrate a certain level of intelligence and or compatibility (yeah I'm one of those people who gets up tight about bad spelling - but only certain things... like your and you're and a lot being two words!

Then again everyone can make a mistake here and there... It's about whether they don't know or can't type very well. Or perhaps are just a little too keen

I do think it does show that the person has taken the time to ensure that it's not a complete mess because they actually care about what they've written.

The profile text isn't such a big deal - but when writing a message to someone - don't you think they deserve the effort? After all wouldn't you like them to think that you would apply the same level of effort in bed with them?

Spelling fetish - that's a new one on me, right up there with countdown...

Wolf

*ducks for cover* lol

To me it does matter because it says a lot about a person, some are just after a fuck but i like my mind stimulated as well "

Couldn't have put it better myself!

"I have always been very good at spelling, probably because I read a lot.

But those who constantly pull up others on the forums over spellings are just trying to make the object of their derisive comments look inferior. It doesn't really work, it just makes themselves look like twats "

*Nods in agreement*

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

but you just pick faults in people who you say are overfussy.... then insulted people by calling them insecure.... yey!!!

don't you see the irony in that.....

I don't think it is the odd wrong word that influences people.... it is lots of wrong words... it is text speak and spell checker is an amazing thing, it makes it look like no effort has been made, and to be honest it can just make the whole lot hard to read.....

Can't really be bothered to read all the posts on this subject but experience has proved to us at least, that people who struggle with spelling even the most basic of words correctly are not really compatible with us (and I am talking about profiles which can be checked and not quick messages that are maybe written quickly)

You can tell the deference, between being written quirky and just AWOL spilling.

Use a spiel kicker.

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

[Removed by poster at 29/11/11 07:58:38]

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I've been sleeping with this bloke's wife and today he sent me this text: "You go near her again and ill have you dead! Mark my words!"

To which I replied: "8 out of 10, I'll requires an apostrophe and a capital I."

By *ondafirestormMan  over a year ago

heckington

i duuno wat u meen lol

"I've been sleeping with this bloke's wife and today he sent me this text: "You go near her again and ill have you dead! Mark my words!"

To which I replied: "8 out of 10, I'll requires an apostrophe and a capital I.""

Lol. I wouldn't say I was anal about spelling, but as I am dislecsic (sic) I've had to work very hard to learn how to spell, use grammar etc....

If I was lazy in my spelling, what else would I do in a lazy way?

Another thing which turns me off is use of the wrong word (they're, there and their for example) but heaven help me, I'd never call someone out about it unless I'd been in an argument and they had already been snide....I'm judgemental not rude......

I can judge and filter people in whatever way I see fit and people can like it or lump it...

"

"

Its this kind of remark that really kills my pig.

I cant spell for toffee, never have been able to, but by no means am i unintelligent (feck i had to spell check that ) i have run my own business and got many qualifications ( and another ) i can hold a conversation, debate or have a good old argument.

I think alot of people that think bad spelling = thick twat are losing out on meeting some great people, but as iv said on many posts before this one, opinions are like arseholes, everybody as one and everyone is entitled to them.

kat x x

"

Its this kind of remark that really kills my pig.

I cant spell for toffee, never have been able to, but by no means am i unintelligent (feck i had to spell check that ) i have run my own business and got many qualifications ( and another ) i can hold a conversation, debate or have a good old argument.

I think alot of people that think bad spelling = thick twat are losing out on meeting some great people, but as iv said on many posts before this one, opinions are like arseholes, everybody as one and everyone is entitled to them.

kat x x "

Good on you for making the effort!

Forums etc. are a different matter. It generally down to laziness, can accept people will post txt speak, use poor grammar and spelling.

However if someone was to write to us, regarding a meet, that would be the first impression of them to us. No attempt at making a comprehensible message will result in it not being read properly or not at all.

If they have poor grammar, spelling etc. It usually shows when speaking to someone in person, and there is no doubt we know we wouldn't get on, but that's just us, some people wouldn't have a problem with it.

Each to their own.

Hi OP, i understnad what your sayin and agree with it to some respect. But, if we let our spelling and grammar drop on soem sites we usually become acustome to it and continue the mistakes to formal sites/emails/etc. Soon, these once mistakes, are now normal and are passed on to minors when we teach.

Being in education its shocking to see some of the teachers not able to grasp the concept of basic english and grammar. With that said, i dont see it a problem if you type short hand or spelling or grammar isnt up to scratch, but it would be nice to see it if and when possible.

As you can see i fight for both sides and have no beef with either way, just so long as it is readable and you havent got to turn your screen around to figure out whether you are meeting tomorrow or not lol

You've spelt Alan wrong

im not anal about it personally. im smart enough to know what most are trying to say, BUT some really do take the piss

pretty sure those will be from smart phone hiccups tho

"im not anal about it personally. im smart enough to know what most are trying to say, BUT some really do take the piss

pretty sure those will be from smart phone hiccups tho "

I think a lot do use phones to log in now as you can tell by some of the spelling errors. As long as its legible then we have no probs with it but the nit pickers...well it says a lot more about them i think.

i hear it all the time on this website

I find using my phone easier for grammar and spelling as it does it for me , spell check on lap top is fine if you can spell word in first place .

I am really not that bothered about either spelling or grammar so long as I can understand what is written but I am not a fan of lots of text talk as then I dont understand it .

"I've been sleeping with this bloke's wife and today he sent me this text: "You go near her again and ill have you dead! Mark my words!"

Lol. I wouldn't say I was anal about spelling, but as I am dislecsic (sic) I've had to work very hard to learn how to spell, use grammar etc....

Another thing which turns me off is use of the wrong word (they're, there and their for example) but heaven help me, I'd never call someone out about it unless I'd been in an argument and they had already been snide....I'm judgemental not rude......

I can judge and filter people in whatever way I see fit and people can like it or lump it..."

There's a cruel irony in the fact that 'Dyslexia' is such a bloody difficult word to spell!

I can judge and filter people in whatever way I see fit and people can like it or lump it...

There's a cruel irony in the fact that 'Dyslexia' is such a bloody difficult word to spell! "

lol so true, trust the english dictionary to take the piss with us folk lol. Im too am dsylexic (cant rememebr how to spell it) and they dont make it easy whith the word grammar, i used to spell it grammer. Oh well i have become more conscious after people laughed at me at work but sometimes thats how you learn. such is life

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

Standards!

That word seems to count for nothing these days and I think that is sad. No one seems to care whether they spell correctly or if their grammar is correct. If they are like that over something that these days is so easy to check, what are they like at a meet?

I understand about dyslexia and the problems that can cause for sufferers, but the vast majority of bad spellers just don’t seem to give a f**k! “I am here for sex, not a spelling lesson”. How about… “Ffs, I smell a bit, but I only want a shag!” Or.. “I know my pictures are a little out of date, but I am here for sex, not a beauty contest!”

OK, perhaps not quite the same, but what if someone met you and started to say something like.. “I is jus ear fow a fuck, like innit! I like met this bird larss week an she teld me dat I were fuckin awesome.” That is no different to some of the messages we have had on here and they are binned straight away! As someone else typed, if a contact can’t even make an effort in a message to attract out attention, what will they be like on a meet?

BTW… I usually bite my tongue at bad spelling because anyone can make a mistake. But consistent bad spelling does turn me off!

Now I shall assume the position and don the tin hat!

[Removed by poster at 29/11/11 14:27:08]

Spelling, punctuation and capitalisation on the forums or in a message I have no problem with. Bad grammar I may frown on and look with disdain at text speech at times but its not my place or anyone else's to pull someone else up on it. Those that do are a little pathetic in my eyes.

Northants

"Spelling, punctuation and capitalisation on the forums or in a message I have no problem with. Bad grammar I may frown on and look with disdain at text speech at times but its not my place or anyone else's to pull someone else up on it. Those that do are a little pathetic in my eyes. "

As an ex teacher, I resent you calling me pathetic!

"Spelling, punctuation and capitalisation on the forums or in a message I have no problem with. Bad grammar I may frown on and look with disdain at text speech at times but its not my place or anyone else's to pull someone else up on it. Those that do are a little pathetic in my eyes.

As an ex teacher, I resent you calling me pathetic! "

As also an ex teacher myself,some of your threads come across as extremely rude at times....

Northants

"As an ex teacher, I resent you calling me pathetic!

As also an ex teacher myself,some of your threads come across as extremely rude at times.... "

Mine??? Blunt and not very PC, but I never thought I was rude!

"Spelling, punctuation and capitalisation on the forums or in a message I have no problem with. Bad grammar I may frown on and look with disdain at text speech at times but its not my place or anyone else's to pull someone else up on it. Those that do are a little pathetic in my eyes.

As an ex teacher, I resent you calling me pathetic! "

An ex teacher then! Is this supposed to be a badge of honour? Is it something I should be impressed by? If it is I’m not so sorry to burst your bubble on that.

Now “Teach” where on this thread did I refer to you as an individual? Indulge me as to where I have referred to you on this thread as I am fascinated.

When you can’t then sit on it not talk out of it.

Northants

" but its not my place or anyone else's to pull someone else up on it. Those that do are a little pathetic in my eyes.

An ex teacher then! Is this supposed to be a badge of honour? Is it something I should be impressed by? If it is I’m not so sorry to burst your bubble on that.

Now “Teach” where on this thread did I refer to you as an individual? Indulge me as to where I have referred to you on this thread as I am fascinated.

"

Read that bit at the top that I have left of your origional post!

It was my job to "pull someone else up on it" as you say. And I am an "anyone" so you said anyone, that includes me!

So guess I won't need to "sit on it" then?

As for a badge of honour? Nope! Just stating a fact that was relevant to your post.. Of course, you could have just come back and said you meant "anyone" on the forum, but guess you didn't think of that, eh?

" but its not my place or anyone else's to pull someone else up on it. Those that do are a little pathetic in my eyes.

Read that bit at the top that I have left of your origional post!

It was my job to "pull someone else up on it" as you say. And I am an "anyone" so you said anyone, that includes me!

So guess I won't need to "sit on it" then?

As for a badge of honour? Nope! Just stating a fact that was relevant to your post.. Of course, you could have just come back and said you meant "anyone" on the forum, but guess you didn't think of that, eh? "

So where did I name you? You are clearly still talking out of the think you should sit on. I know you love to pick and poke with a dismal success rate on here but I will humour you as you clearly don’t get the attention you crave or wouldn’t troll.

As also an ex teacher myself,some of your threads come across as extremely rude at times.... "

No shit you spotted that too!

By *lackMetalMan  over a year ago

Centre

*ducks for cover* lol

Definitely second that. The thing is spelling correctly gives an idea what kind of person you are meeting and that's a fact..

If we see this as not a big deal, then it's no surprise that the government and the Evening Standard carried out a reading campaign cos a lot of kids were leaving school without basic skills.

*ducks for cover* lol

To me it does matter because it says a lot about a person, some are just after a fuck but i like my mind stimulated as well

Definitely second that. The thing is spelling correctly gives an idea what kind of person you are meeting and that's a fact..

"

Total agreement with that! Fred west was a numpty speller so all numpty spellers are mass murderers like him. It gotta be 175% true

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

My spelling, grammar and punctuation are not great.

I often struggle putting my thoughts and feelings down in text.

If some people choose to judge me on that, oh well.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

I don't really care about spelling or grammar mistakes, what makes me laugh are the people who make statements like 'were prufesinul, atractive peeple - pleese don't messge if u are not as clever or grate as us' ! or picking on others making laughable mistakes! Z

I like alna

lo

Perhaps we could combine this and another thread that's currently running into a new one?

What's the best position to be anal about spelling?

Bradford

"I don't really care about spelling or grammar mistakes, what makes me laugh are the people who make statements like 'were prufesinul, atractive peeple - pleese don't messge if u are not as clever or grate as us' ! or picking on others making laughable mistakes! Z"

What makes me laff, is them that can't even spell their own name.

"Perhaps we could combine this and another thread that's currently running into a new one?

What's the best position to be anal about spelling?"

in dictionary corner.

lo

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

"I don't really care about spelling or grammar mistakes, what makes me laugh are the people who make statements like 'were prufesinul, atractive peeple - pleese don't messge if u are not as clever or grate as us' ! or picking on others making laughable mistakes! Z

What makes me laff, is them that can't even spell their own name. "

That's why I just stick to the 'Z' !

Northants

So where did I name you? You are clearly still talking out of the think you should sit on. I know you love to pick and poke with a dismal success rate on here but I will humour you as you clearly don’t get the attention you crave or wouldn’t troll.

"

OK, so lets start again and this time I'll talk more slowly!

Read that first bit just one more time where you say "anyone"! You said that anyone who pulls someone up.... Well, although you didn't name me or anyone else, "anyone" actually means whoever! So you effectively said whoever pulls someone up....

I used to pull up pupils on their grammar and spelling! So... You were calling me "a little pathetic in your eyes"!

"Pick and Poke"? Yeah, ok... I like us to pick playmates and poke them! And far from a dismal success rate, we do quite well. As for trolling? If stating my opinion without pulling punches and not being at all PC is trolling? Guilty as charged!

By *john121Man  over a year ago

staffs

I believe that text speak has a lot to do with poor spelling.

Most smart phones have predictive spelling and if you don't know how to use it should you have a smart phone?

Most common words which tend to confuse when someone starts to create a paragraph are:

Were for we're (we are)

Your for you're ( you are)

Of and off, there and their, to and too.

Recently I have been tasked with recruiting new staff members.

However, the standard of written English has left me some what surprised and dismayed as it's obvious that some believe what passes for excellent verbal and written skills means if you can text that will do.

I've had CV's written completely in italics! and they were the better ones!

No punctuation! Not a breath in site; even in a sentence or paragraph.

How difficult is it to spell and grammer check, especially when you are attempting to show yourself in the best possible way.

I suppose I'm from an age where written english language was an imperative if you wanted to stand any chance of securing a good job.

It allows you to demonstrate that you're compatible/match with what the company is looking for, or for that matter the people you want to swing with.

Written on a smart phone with tiny keys! lol

And auto spell check! Hoping it's not faulty'! lol

Oops! Use of txt speak! lol

By *lackMetalMan  over a year ago

Centre

I believe that text speak has a lot to do with poor spelling.

Most smart phones have predictive spelling and if you don't know how to use it should you have a smart phone?

Most common words which tend to confuse when someone starts to create a paragraph are:

Were for we're (we are)

Your for you're ( you are)

Of and off, there and their, to and too.

Recently I have been tasked with recruiting new staff members.

However, the standard of written English has left me some what surprised and dismayed as it's obvious that some believe what passes for excellent verbal and written skills means if you can text that will do.

I've had CV's written completely in italics! and they were the better ones!

No punctuation! Not a breath in site; even in a sentence or paragraph.

How difficult is it to spell and grammer check, especially when you are attempting to show yourself in the best possible way.

I suppose I'm from an age where written english language was an imperative if you wanted to stand any chance of securing a good job.

It allows you to demonstrate that you're compatible/match with what the company is looking for, or for that matter the people you want to swing with.

Written on a smart phone with tiny keys! lol

And auto spell check! Hoping it's not faulty'! lol

Oops! Use of txt speak! lol

"

I couldn't agree with you more! You hit the nail on the head precisely!!

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

For the record: (1) I got free advertising for my business from my local paper TWICE because they missed an apostrophe in my original advert.....

(2)Read this thread on my new smartphone but waited till I got on laptop to reply......

(3)Usually make tutting noises to myself when I see spelling and grammar mistakes in posts and messages, but wouldn't dream of pulling anyone up on them.......

(4)Have been involved in recruitment in the past and have binned all badly written CVs......

(5)Lose the will to live when confronted by a msg wrtn ttly in txt spk that I need to get a 13 year old to interpret for me so usually reply that they're not my type (tho' would make exception for Daniel Craig!)

Am I anal - yup

Do I make mistakes sometimes - yup

Would spelling and grammar errors in a message put me off meeting someone - possibly

Do I mind the odd txt word or two - np lol

Now, where's the emoticon for pedentic, cleverarse now buggering off to continue translating Dostoevsky's (had to spellcheck that) complete works into Mandarin Chinese - no?? Will use my usual one then

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

fk ov ullovu

"fk ov ullovu "

Hast thou, which art but air, a touch, a feeling

Of their afflictions, and shall not myself,

One of their kind, that relish all as sharply,

Passion as they, be kindlier moved than thou art?

Though with their high wrongs I am struck to the quick,

Yet with my nobler reason 'gaitist my fury

Do I take part: the rarer action is

In virtue than in vengeance: they being penitent,

The sole drift of my purpose doth extend

Not a frown further.

» Add a new message to this topic