FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > strike

strike

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

regarding the other thread.

do you think the strike is a good thing.

or should people with jobs in this day and age just put up and shut up

???????

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I don't think it's a good thing, but then again I would think that the Unions involved would rather not have been put in the position where they needed to ballot their members in the first place.

How much do workers have to put up with?....is anything a government (any government) does to their pay and conditions deemed by those not involved to be acceptable?

It's easy to criticise the public sector workers from the outside looking in....I would suggest a different thing completely if you/me/we are in their position ourselves.

So in my opinion, if the public workers themselves feel they need to strike to maintain their pay and conditions then so be it....they know best.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

it is a pity they were forced into strike action,by cameron and his lakys.if they dont make a stand now it will sing the begining of worker and enployment rights ,back to the bad old days of put up or fuk off ,why should public workers have to pay out £100 extra per month to support camerons half baked bail out plan ,because we all no the extra monie will go to the tresaury .and as for his comments on tely the other night that nagations were still open ,ha, he was herd saying on a earlyer statement that there was no mor on offer.

Being someone that doesn't have a job and is struggling to get work, i understand their frustrations having a tiny bit more of their money taken away each month to fund their own higher pensions, however i would not be striking if i worked in those sectors. it seems a little insensitive to the people out there who cant get jobs or have any income because of the state of the economy but that's just me!

so its put up or you wont have a job,M, well perhaps i am off on another rant ,but when you find a job and some time later someone comes along and trys to cut your pay rights or pentions ,then we will see if you are prepard to sit back and say its ok,i have been there and its not nice,after all thus extra cash goes right into the tresaruy coffers to support camerons so called bail out plan for britian,try stoping the bankers bonus and company directors that poked hundreds of millions each year,now that is a start in the right direction

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

"

???????"

absolutely NOT.

All of the employment rights and priviledges we enjoy today come as a direct result of people NOT putting up with it and shutting up.

Business will always find an excuse to try to take as much as they can from you regardless of the economic climate - even in boom times they'll try it on claiming that there's greater competition or some other excuse.

And of course now Government are getting in on the act too.

But hey - that's capitalism for you and for the most part it works pretty well provided there's some balance from a strong labour or trade union movement to keep them honest.

"

???????

absolutely NOT.

All of the employment rights and priviledges we enjoy today come as a direct result of people NOT putting up with it and shutting up.

Business will always find an excuse to try to take as much as they can from you regardless of the economic climate - even in boom times they'll try it on claiming that there's greater competition or some other excuse.

And of course now Government are getting in on the act too.

But hey - that's capitalism for you and for the most part it works pretty well provided there's some balance from a strong labour or trade union movement to keep them honest."

A lot people who spout about unions probably owe their very comfortable existence or indeed their lives to their forefathers getting themselves a decent living.

At the turn of the 20th century the average life expectancy in the UK was under 40 and it was the richest country in the world.

When the WWI started the army was shocked by the health of men who volunteered as many joined to get a decent? meal as to fight.

well said the last guy,stand up and be counted

Yes its a good thing. If they didnt have unions then it would be like in the victorian times where the bosses had all the power.

By *ansue35Couple  over a year ago

yorkshire

I always was told.

thjat you worked for the council, get bad wage. Really good pension.

Sone pointed out that we know live longer, so somewhere we have to pay more for the extra years we live.

Also what happens to the new medicines we want for cancer etc.

I would rathe pay more so I would have the things like NHS and schools for my kids, grandkids than be able to buy someting I coulkd do with out.

"I always was told.

thjat you worked for the council, get bad wage. Really good pension.

Sone pointed out that we know live longer, so somewhere we have to pay more for the extra years we live.

Also what happens to the new medicines we want for cancer etc.

I would rathe pay more so I would have the things like NHS and schools for my kids, grandkids than be able to buy someting I coulkd do with out.

"

very true but im not sure thats the case now, about beeing payed less, it seems that in alot of public sector jobs the wage is the same as or higher than private these days

yes yes we would all pay more ,but think about the way camerons goverment is going ,privatiesing NHS cutting services the list goes on ,no one and everyone wants good public services and dont mind paying more ,but the fact is soon you will be getting a lot less ,unless we stant up now ,the only ones who will get is them who have already got

"yes yes we would all pay more ,but think about the way camerons goverment is going ,privatiesing NHS cutting services the list goes on ,no one and everyone wants good public services and dont mind paying more ,but the fact is soon you will be getting a lot less ,unless we stant up now ,the only ones who will get is them who have already got"

Yes and what about all that money they send to third world countries.

"regarding the other thread.

???????"

Somewhere inbetween. Its bad moral judgement and megalomaniac union leaders that have brought it on. There is only one outcome and all striking will do is turn public opinion against the strikers. I think though there will be new legislation brought inot effect on the back of the strike as there was such a low turn out to vote. Its a loose loose situation for everyone apart from the attention seekers on both sides.

Torquay

???????

Somewhere inbetween. Its bad moral judgement and megalomaniac union leaders that have brought it on. There is only one outcome and all striking will do is turn public opinion against the strikers. I think though there will be new legislation brought inot effect on the back of the strike as there was such a low turn out to vote. Its a loose loose situation for everyone apart from the attention seekers on both sides. "

These 'meglomaniac' Union leaders as you call them have a duty to their members to not only establish better wages and working conditions for their members, but also a duty to maintain such pay and conditions.

They are operating well within their mandate when tackling this government (or any government) when there are plans afoot to damage the pay and conditions of their members.....

As far as the turn out is concerned, unless the governemtn of the day is prepared to likewise establish new laws regarding local and general elections of government representatives then they won't have a snowballs chance in hell of making this rule stick to union members only.

Torquay

Government*

The OBR have just revised the number of job cuts in the public sector..

Up from 350,000 to 700,000...

Guess we ARE all in this together...

That said...its the suffering in families behind statistics that should be remembered....

Unemployment as a whole is rising..

And another wasted generation...tragic..

???????

Somewhere inbetween. Its bad moral judgement and megalomaniac union leaders that have brought it on. There is only one outcome and all striking will do is turn public opinion against the strikers. I think though there will be new legislation brought inot effect on the back of the strike as there was such a low turn out to vote. Its a loose loose situation for everyone apart from the attention seekers on both sides.

These 'meglomaniac' Union leaders as you call them have a duty to their members to not only establish better wages and working conditions for their members, but also a duty to maintain such pay and conditions.

They are operating well within their mandate when tackling this government (or any government) when there are plans afoot to damage the pay and conditions of their members.....

As far as the turn out is concerned, unless the governemtn of the day is prepared to likewise establish new laws regarding local and general elections of government representatives then they won't have a snowballs chance in hell of making this rule stick to union members only."

The union leaders are far more concerned in maintaining their jobs and personal pensions than their members. They do have the duty to maintain as many members as they can in employment don’t forget that. The needs of the many opposed to the few!

Changes in strike laws! Its happened before and more than likely to happen again pretty soon. And it won’t be a rule it will be law and it will stick like the ones against flying pickets and other sharp union practices in the past that no longer occur. Jump up and down all you like but things will change yet again.

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

I am an active union member and represent as a steward. However you will only be as strong as your members and the Union are only good for so much.

Our Union are staunch Lbour supporters. If you look into Labour and then research The Fabian Society then you'll realise it's a combined agenda and what's coming is pretty much inevitable whilst trying to thigs crumbling the days of conflict between Corporations/Governments and people power are sadly massively decling.

Occupy as a stance is concerning. To 'Occupy' the definition is to challenge,to be at war. That in itself allows policing to act by force.

The system is ran by the bankers, the large corporations and not in anyway influenced by government nor royalty.

Now this is where this could get messy

THE STICKS

"

The union leaders are far more concerned in maintaining their jobs and personal pensions than their members. They do have the duty to maintain as many members as they can in employment don’t forget that. The needs of the many opposed to the few!

"

point 1 - where do you get your facts from, or is this just an unfounded opinion

point 2- you just contradicted yourself

"

Changes in strike laws! Its happened before and more than likely to happen again pretty soon. And it won’t be a rule it will be law and it will stick like the ones against flying pickets and other sharp union practices in the past that no longer occur. Jump up and down all you like but things will change yet again.

"

We already have the tightest union legislation in the EU by a very long way.

This is just an example of a government who while paying lipservice to the idea of freedom of choice, have the automatic reaction of changing to law to remove those choices from people when they are exercised in a way that the government doesn't like.

Think long and hard about that and what you just said when they decide to come after you and your rights and freedoms.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I am in the public sector however I will not be striking.... I see a point to the strike as come March with the new budgets and funding there will be cuts in jobs.. Mine included...

"

point 1 - where do you get your facts from, or is this just an unfounded opinion

point 2- you just contradicted yourself

We already have the tightest union legislation in the EU by a very long way.

This is just an example of a government who while paying lipservice to the idea of freedom of choice, have the automatic reaction of changing to law to remove those choices from people when they are exercised in a way that the government doesn't like.

Think long and hard about that and what you just said when they decide to come after you and your rights and freedoms."

I've thought and you are boring and have little to offer. Will stick to my opinion thanks.

"I am in the public sector however I will not be striking.... I see a point to the strike as come March with the new budgets and funding there will be cuts in jobs.. Mine included... "

That's a responsible attitude, there are many more cuts to come by the looks of it and if all took your attitude services might be more efficient.

By *ravoMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

"I am in the public sector however I will not be striking.... I see a point to the strike as come March with the new budgets and funding there will be cuts in jobs.. Mine included... "

Well if you're not prepared to support your colleagues then you get what you deserve. And as you said that's likely to be more job losses and more misery....

THE STICKS

"

I've thought and you are boring and have little to offer. Will stick to my opinion thanks. "

just so long as we are clear on the fact that you have nothing more to offer than an opinion without anything substantial to back it up I'm fine with that

"I am in the public sector however I will not be striking.... I see a point to the strike as come March with the new budgets and funding there will be cuts in jobs.. Mine included...

That's a responsible attitude, there are many more cuts to come by the looks of it and if all took your attitude services might be more efficient. "

We got to carry on I just got to do the best job I can do......

"

I've thought and you are boring and have little to offer. Will stick to my opinion thanks.

just so long as we are clear on the fact that you have nothing more to offer than an opinion without anything substantial to back it up I'm fine with that"

Boring..boring boring!!!! Go quote someone who takes you seriously as i don't.

Lancashire

" That's a responsible attitude, there are many more cuts to come by the looks of it and if all took your attitude services might be more efficient. "

Not sure how services are going to be more efficient if there is less and less investment in them, and less people to ultimately deliver them. You couldn't make it up......

" That's a responsible attitude, there are many more cuts to come by the looks of it and if all took your attitude services might be more efficient.

Not sure how services are going to be more efficient if there is less and less investment in them, and less people to ultimately deliver them. You couldn't make it up......"

Very true.. We as a service are over strecthed and that is with it being fully staffed...

The right to strike is a good thing to avoid the exploitation of workers

But I don't support the strikers - working in the private sector I've seen my opportunity to partake in a final salary scheme removed by a Labour governemnt who propped up the economy by an over expansion of the public sector

So why should I have to work longer to fund public sector pensions?

"I am in the public sector however I will not be striking.... I see a point to the strike as come March with the new budgets and funding there will be cuts in jobs.. Mine included...

That's a responsible attitude, there are many more cuts to come by the looks of it and if all took your attitude services might be more efficient.

We got to carry on I just got to do the best job I can do...... "

A lot don't though they see it as an easy ride. You often see departments trying to use up budgets so it doesn't get cut next year. Attitudes in the public sector need to change and if more were positive and committed thongs would be far better.

THE STICKS

"

Boring..boring boring!!!! Go quote someone who takes you seriously as i don't. "

you really get quite emotional when someone takes you to task for you lightweight opinions don't you.

I'll do my best not to upset you so in future as it's clearly not something your used to or comfortable with.

80 % of public sector workers have a defined benefit pension...its gold dust..

Since 2000 there has been two financial crashes with an almighty big bugger facing us, the FTSE could crash a 1000 points and a public sector worker need not worry....their pension is protected...the risk is carried by the tax payer...

Quite unlike anything seen in the private sector..most if not all now, since the government did away with tax credits have defined contribution schemes....at the mercy of the markets...we have all seen people losing ALL of their pensions in a market crash..

For someone wanting a £3000 pension in the private sector, they would have to contribute £ 100,000....

Thats something to swallow...

P`haps some may reflect on the taxpayers contributions to public sector workers pensions...and the numbers involved..

I think public sector workers should feel pretty grateful to have such security...albeit at a price..

Lancashire

"

Attitudes in the public sector need to change and if more were positive and committed thongs would be far better. "

My thong (sic) would be far better if this government was serious about providing decent public services. It's public sector workers who are seeking to protect them, not just for their own sakes but for the benefit of all.

"

Boring..boring boring!!!! Go quote someone who takes you seriously as i don't.

you really get quite emotional when someone takes you to task for you lightweight opinions don't you.

I'll do my best not to upset you so in future as it's clearly not something your used to or comfortable with."

Im not really emotional I just think you are a a bit if a tool and boring I thought you would have gathered that as I did point it out a few times.

"The right to strike is a good thing to avoid the exploitation of workers

But I don't support the strikers - working in the private sector I've seen my opportunity to partake in a final salary scheme removed by a Labour governemnt who propped up the economy by an over expansion of the public sector

So why should I have to work longer to fund public sector pensions?"

Very good point about the previous government and you shouldn't have to work longer to support someone else's pension. Many felt like you at the last election that's why we had a change of government.

HERE IT IS......

No other Chancellor has dared to do it ....naughty George is gona commision a report on regional pay for public sector workers...

Some public sector workers, ( dependent on where you are ) earn on average 40 % more than those comparibly in the private sector...

Which, my fellow brethen, will mean an almighty pay cut for alot of public sector workers...

George has just declared war....naughty boy ...

"HERE IT IS......

No other Chancellor has dared to do it ....naughty George is gona commision a report on regional pay for public sector workers...

Some public sector workers, ( dependent on where you are ) earn on average 40 % more than those comparibly in the private sector...

Which, my fellow brethen, will mean an almighty pay cut for alot of public sector workers...

George has just declared war....naughty boy ..."

Errrr where do they earn more I am going to move there then....

the problem is we are all living longer, and the pension kitty is running dry, i think we are all going to have to work longer, or support yourself in other ways.

the days of working till 65 then living on a good pension are sadly over

and its unrealistic to think otherwise, the money simply has to come from somewhere

Lancashire

"HERE IT IS......

George has just declared war....naughty boy ..."

Hardly news and no less than one would expect from a privileged multi-millionaire with nothing in common with the working man and woman

"HERE IT IS......

Hardly news and no less than one would expect from a privileged multi-millionaire with nothing in common with the working man and woman"

whats his wealth got to do with it

"HERE IT IS......

Hardly news and no less than one would expect from a privileged multi-millionaire with nothing in common with the working man and woman"

Oh...so laisse faire...and sullenly resentful..

Hardly news !!!!!!...

Yer joking right !!!....I mean....the biggest shake up in the public sector fer more years than I can write...

Alot of suffering behind that statement...

Mayhaps, some equality too...I couldn`t comment..

Lancashire

"whats his wealth got to do with it "

I don't think he would be so keen to disadvantage some of the worst off in society if he had to endure it himself. The guy is so out of touch and so indifferent. That was my point.

but the point is that some one has to take tough decisions, and we arent talking about some of the worst off in the country, many earn more than those in the private sector as previously stated.

reducing goverment spending in this day and age has to be a good thing surely, as it will help all of us.

i agree that for those affected it sucks, but most of us arent in such a lucky position as to have such secure jobs in the first place, and many have no pension, or no where near as good as state workers.

im sure hes not to busy eating swans to notice how others are fairing

"but the point is that some one has to take tough decisions, and we arent talking about some of the worst off in the country, many earn more than those in the private sector as previously stated.

reducing goverment spending in this day and age has to be a good thing surely, as it will help all of us.

i agree that for those affected it sucks, but most of us arent in such a lucky position as to have such secure jobs in the first place, and many have no pension, or no where near as good as state workers.

im sure hes not to busy eating swans to notice how others are fairing"

Thats thoughtful...

To be honest with the Euro, due to crash, and the ensueing carnage..

Both sides of the political divide remind me of passengers on the Titanic as it sinks...busily rearranging the deckchairs and deciding what colour hat to wear...while the Majority of taxpayers swim in freezing water...the bankers grab the lifeboats and sail of to a desert island , sipping Martinis...

Its a tragi comedy...right ?..

Our political class have failed us big time...squabbling amongst ourselves..indeed...

Its the end of Neo classical economists....thats Tory and Labour...

Today..we are Keynesians....the wheel turns a notch..

By *un and fortyCouple  over a year ago

a town near you

iys not just about paying the extra money in to get less out and working longer . did you know as it stands from april if your not paying into a pension your gonna be forced to do so . no choice . so its not all to do with greed and how much your gonna get when you retire . and as a public sector worker my contribution to my pension will rise an extra 6o sqwid a month . as it stands . and why should i pay into my pension too keep some 1 who cant be arsed paying into a pension ?as said previously some 1 has to pay for it ......................

[Removed by poster at 29/11/11 16:19:58]

the botton line is its a tridition for tory goverments to bash the unions,FACT, the only people they want to have power is themselfs and the corporate owners who at all cost will screw every day people for there own persuit for profit IE privaties the hospitials,WHY, because aparintly the private sector can run it more cost afectaly,However privat companys are in it for profit,to make more profit where do they go ,yes ,make us work longer hours for less cash and the sick get less of a service ,a very simple way of looking at all private industry that involves public servis. Take back public utilitys power transport for the better of everyone not just the haves,one more point,why should bankers industrilists and the like get massave bonus for failing our country,if that was you and i we would have been booted out a long time ago ,and so far this goverment is failing us

I hope you all saw mrs cameron in her 600 hundred pound heels in the tabloids smiling this morning.....that just about sums it all up....

I hope you all saw mrs cameron in her 600 hundred pound heels in the tabloids smiling this morning.....that just about sums it all up....

"I hope you all saw mrs cameron in her 600 hundred pound heels in the tabloids smiling this morning.....that just about sums it all up.... "

I`m not sure what that has to do with the price of bacon...

Were they made in Britain ?

Are you saying we shouldn`t have wealthy people in society ?

By *un and fortyCouple  over a year ago

a town near you

well were all in this together arent we ? lol

I`m gona change my name to..

Homerphobic %*..

By *ouplefunukCouple  over a year ago

North Bristol

"I hope you all saw mrs cameron in her 600 hundred pound heels in the tabloids smiling this morning.....that just about sums it all up.... "

They were borrowed......

*Her*

yes have wealth have nice things if you have worked hard ,but not at the expence of the less fortunate amoung us,dont bash peoples basic rights a fair days pay for a fair days work and be able to look forward to a retierment where its not just a case of waiting for god ,no wonder socity is up in arms when we see a few with everything and most strugling ,then have a goverment who is screwing us for more of our already streached finances .STOP,bankers bonus stop directors picking up huge salarys for poor performance,let thepeople see that you are trying to be fair ,then just then we might sit up and listen

"I hope you all saw mrs cameron in her 600 hundred pound heels in the tabloids smiling this morning.....that just about sums it all up....

They were borrowed......

*Her*"

thats what they want you to think....the media are very good at that...

"I hope you all saw mrs cameron in her 600 hundred pound heels in the tabloids smiling this morning.....that just about sums it all up....

They were borrowed......

*Her*"

£50 bargain in TKMAX no doubt.

Having a pop at Dave Camerons wife fer her shoes..?

Yesterday Lord Levenson, heard from Charlotte Church....her parents sex life was " exposed " by the gutter press....her mother had known mental health probs...

Its an association...of sorts..

By *he BananamanMan  over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

its all a good excuse to let of steam and have a good pissup!,the union chiefs are laughing cos they are qiuds in anyway,they not lose a days pay!.

and as for the likes of miliband,balls et al,was it not 13 years of labour governments free spending ways that helped to bring this country down to its knees?,take more than 18 months of coalition to fix that i am afraid!,the damage has been done!.

"its all a good excuse to let of steam and have a good pissup!,the union chiefs are laughing cos they are qiuds in anyway,they not lose a days pay!.

and as for the likes of miliband,balls et al,was it not 13 years of labour governments free spending ways that helped to bring this country down to its knees?,take more than 18 months of coalition to fix that i am afraid!,the damage has been done!."

Nothing to do with deregulation, and predatory lending then...Thatcherite philosophy..and Blair`s..

Or dismantling the manufacturing base....making and selling things..creating real wealth...ascribe both to the above peeps..

Its both parties incompetence and short term visions..

By *he BananamanMan  over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

"its all a good excuse to let of steam and have a good pissup!,the union chiefs are laughing cos they are qiuds in anyway,they not lose a days pay!.

and as for the likes of miliband,balls et al,was it not 13 years of labour governments free spending ways that helped to bring this country down to its knees?,take more than 18 months of coalition to fix that i am afraid!,the damage has been done!.

Nothing to do with deregulation, and predatory lending then...Thatcherite philosophy..and Blair`s..

Or dismantling the manufacturing base....making and selling things..creating real wealth...ascribe both to the above peeps..

Its both parties incompetence and short term visions.."

we still give bloody billions in aid to china and india!,(and china spends on making nuclear bombs)why?,they have taken our manufacturing work from us putting millions of engineers,fitters,welders and assemblers on the dole and we still subsidise them!.

should be looking after our own trade and ploughing money into that otherwise what apprenticeships will you have to offer school leavers?,i remember gordon brown in stourbridge pleasing for his political life and saying we(the labour governmemt) have created more apprenticeships than have ever been created before in this region!,he could not possibly have because all the industry had gone!,another one in cloud cuckoo land!.

Torquay

It is worth mentioning that the manufacturing labour costs in China and India are far less than anywhere in Europe, if they have taken our manufacturing jobs then it has NOTHING to do with UK governments, and EVERYTHING to do with people working for £2.50 a day in India or China.

You can train up as many school leavers as you want in manufacturing....they ain't gonna work for £2.50 a day.

Its both parties incompetence and short term visions..

we still give bloody billions in aid to china and india!,(and china spends on making nuclear bombs)why?,they have taken our manufacturing work from us putting millions of engineers,fitters,welders and assemblers on the dole and we still subsidise them!.

should be looking after our own trade and ploughing money into that otherwise what apprenticeships will you have to offer school leavers?,i remember gordon brown in stourbridge pleasing for his political life and saying we(the labour governmemt) have created more apprenticeships than have ever been created before in this region!,he could not possibly have because all the industry had gone!,another one in cloud cuckoo land!. "

We seem to agree on some things...

Its a tragedy that we are going to have another wasted generation....

We can`t compete on low end products, but we do have some quality and innovative industry in the making...we can`t compete on low end, consumer trash...but high end technology and invention....only this time...we protect those technologies....tho ...have a look at some of our universities....inventing..but unable to commercialise...foreign companies come in..nick the idea...and make industries out of it......THAT HAPPENS TODAY !! WE NEED LEADERSHIP...

To be honest...I remember the last ship that Swan Hunter made...the Danes sent it back ?

I also remember the working practises of yer Ordinary Joe...workshy....sleeping on the job....Friday afternoon specials...more than a few contributed to the downfall in British engineering..

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

the ordinary citizen is being raped left, right and centre by the capitalist machine

the capitalists are hoarding what little cash is available to maintain their profit margins and bonuses

they do that by passing on their higher costs to us at the same time as squeezing our pay.

so why shouldn't we pass on our costs too

it's about time people stood up to the system and said "enough!"

"

the ordinary citizen is being raped left, right and centre by the capitalist machine

the capitalists are hoarding what little cash is available to maintain their profit margins and bonuses

they do that by passing on their higher costs to us at the same time as squeezing our pay.

so why shouldn't we pass on our costs too

it's about time people stood up to the system and said "enough!"

"

And replace capitalism with ?..

Just to dispel any myths, there is no such thing as a "gold plated pension" when it comes to the vast majority of public sector workers. Asking us to pay extra to the pension scheme isn't where the problem is. The problem is increasing someone's contributions by 50%, asking us to work longer and get less at the end of it. A large section of workers in the public sector are women, in low paid jobs and these jobs, in the main, seem to be under attack by services who are having to cut back hours. As someone who has worked in local government for nearly 24 years, I am appalled at what is happening. Local government, health boards, police are being decimated in all the wrong areas, whilst the fat cat bankers still get their mega bonuses. Where is the equality in that?

PHEW apologies for the rant!!!

What the devil has Sarah Cameron's shoes got to do with the state of the economy? If that's all we should be worried about then I'd say we're in fantastic shape economically.

THE STICKS

"It is worth mentioning that the manufacturing labour costs in China and India are far less than anywhere in Europe, if they have taken our manufacturing jobs then it has NOTHING to do with UK governments, and EVERYTHING to do with people working for £2.50 a day in India or China.

You can train up as many school leavers as you want in manufacturing....they ain't gonna work for £2.50 a day."

works just for the worlds largest net exporter - Germany.

German engineering firms aren't planning on shipping their manufacturing out to China.

Any thoughts as to why?

"It is worth mentioning that the manufacturing labour costs in China and India are far less than anywhere in Europe, if they have taken our manufacturing jobs then it has NOTHING to do with UK governments, and EVERYTHING to do with people working for £2.50 a day in India or China.

You can train up as many school leavers as you want in manufacturing....they ain't gonna work for £2.50 a day.

German engineering firms aren't planning on shipping their manufacturing out to China.

Any thoughts as to why?"

This town, coming like a ghost town....

I`m larking about..

As you were...

Obviously didn't read the article where it states which British designer they were BORROWED from

As she was at the fashion awards, how strange is that?

THE STICKS

"

I`m larking about..

As you were..."

Too much fighting in the forums!

ah yahyah..... etc

Any thoughts as to why?

I`m larking about..

As you were..."

right, thats it.

I am sending you to.... oh ffs, its too easy!

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Any thoughts as to why?"

Because the Chinese themselves are moving into design, new technologies and high end products ?

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

On the other hand they did buy the dregs of Rover.

Any thoughts as to why?

I`m larking about..

As you were...

right, thats it.

I am sending you to.... oh ffs, its too easy! "

haha..

"

I`m larking about..

As you were...

Too much fighting in the forums!

ah yahyah..... etc "

There was a firm on tele today...

High end technology....

200 vacancies fer talented engineers...

Whistling in the wind..

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

hopefully the roads will be clear on the way to work in the morning ... seeing as there won't be a school run

THE STICKS

"

On the other hand they did buy the dregs of Rover."

and look what they did with it - suddenly made cars people wanted to buy all over the world.

Bloody Germans - embarass us at every turn - football, making cars .... at least we've got a sense of humour

we did have a great country,but yet again capitalists ,were too greety ,just go back to the thirtys ship yards mines once again because the profits of the fat oweners fell miners ship workers were made to work longer for less ,ho is that right ,i can honistly see this goverment going down the same road by eroding enployment rights ,stand and be counted now .

By *oole2010Couple  over a year ago

southampton

well i feel sorry for the public sector workers as most of them wont have to worry about their pension in 5 years as as of today they announce up to 700.000 jobs will go and the reason why i feel sorry for them is not all of them are on gold plated pansion and they will be laid off what id like the government to do is get rid of all the non essential managers accountants etc in coucils and hospitals that seem to have been given jobs under labour and they werent needed just job creation in every line of work we seem to have more managers than front line staff in my line of work (utiities ) is starting to get the same managers who have never even held a shovel telling us guys with 30 years experience how best to do our job or improve production some of the stastements they make are unbelievable and they are all on more money that the ground workers i bet in the public sector all these gold plated pensions are mostly managers etc

» Add a new message to this topic