FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > A parents love

A parents love

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *isscheekychops OP   Woman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I am watching my transexual summer and it has kind of choked me that some of the parents never came to see their children. It got me thinking that I have the most understanding,loving parents who have supported me through some very painful stuff in my life. I think if it was not my parents I would be 6ft underground now.

When I have kids I don't want to ever feel like I can't be there for them and that I will be there for them.

As I am not a parent I don't understand how a parent can turn their back on their child.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Some people just dont have the nurture gene and others that do can't handle a child's change in sexuality. Its a shame but that's how some people are.

By *ittlemorespiceCouple  over a year ago

North Cornwall

"I am watching my transexual summer and it has kind of choked me that some of the parents never came to see their children. It got me thinking that I have the most understanding,loving parents who have supported me through some very painful stuff in my life. I think if it was not my parents I would be 6ft underground now.

When I have kids I don't want to ever feel like I can't be there for them and that I will be there for them.

As I am not a parent I don't understand how a parent can turn their back on their child. "

Well I am and I cant understand it either. All I want is my children to be happy and safe.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

my son can and does tell me everthin. you just teach them in the cradel

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"

As I am not a parent I don't understand how a parent can turn their back on their child. "

I am sure many children don't understand that either but they get used to it. It rarely happens overnight. Utterly regardless of sexuality.

It increasingly appears to be the case that there is no parental love from the outset. It makes you wonder why some folks have kids in this day and age.

[Removed by poster at 29/11/11 23:05:20]

I suppose thats a rather open minded view on the subject...do please remember its been the same for some gay people in heir life,other cultures and racial issues too who shun for other reasons.Transgender etc, its quite a leap to an extreme for a lot of folk...families have been broken for much much lesser reasons

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

being a parent is the most difficult and most rewarding thing,the hardest part is letting them go, to find their own way in life,but i always have and always will support my kids in anything they want to do,wether i agree with it or not,

just so long as they are happy,then im happy

"I suppose thats a rather open minded view on the subject...do please remember its been the same for some gay people in heir life,other cultures and racial issues too who shun for other reasons.Transgender etc, its quite a leap to an extreme for a lot of folk...families have been broken for much much lesser reasons"

I understand that. I was just using what I saw as an example.

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

Havent watched it, but did watch educating essex, where one 'mother' put her child in temporary care after a fight with his brother.

I was in tears watching it. Yes he may have and probably did wrong, but to put your own child into that situation without considering the damage that could be done is beyond me.

It took me 3 years to have my son and love him so much it hurts sometimes when I think of the world I have brought him into and how blessed I am to have him.

Having not watched the program, I cant say about these cases, but I know friends of mine who are transexual/transgender and they would have loved to carry a child and would probably make better parents than some who are allowed kids who wont look after their own babies properly.

Apologies if this offends, just my opinion

By *ittlemorespiceCouple  over a year ago

North Cornwall

"I suppose thats a rather open minded view on the subject...do please remember its been the same for some gay people in heir life,other cultures and racial issues too who shun for other reasons.Transgender etc, its quite a leap to an extreme for a lot of folk...families have been broken for much much lesser reasons"

Yes that is true. Different cultures do feel enormous shame has been brought on their familes although prob not the case in that particular program.

I must admit it would make me sad to have a transgenda child as they seem to spend all their lives forcused on that rather than living it.

[Removed by poster at 29/11/11 23:11:26]

I can't understand a parent turning there back on a child.

My 12 year olds dad as just turned his back on her and i see first hand the devastation it causes, the hurt and confusion.

Some people do not deserve to have children, there are people out there who would love to have kids but can not and people like my ex just don't know how bloody lucky they are.

Luckily my daughter as a great step dad who she has called dad for years and he is great with her and they are very close.

kat

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

I am sitting with tears running down my cheeks watching their frustration and sadness. I am blessed with a beautiful kind and loving son who is gay and I beat myself up often over the way I behaved when I discovered this news. I didnt grow up in an enlightened time it is good to see you(the people that have responded) dont care and love your kids reguardless.

I never stopped loving him but it was like a huge bereavement ..no wedding no grandchildren the loss of a life you dreamt would happen. It takes time to adjust in my case two years so Sarahs parents still in shock im sure.

Just hope if the reality of having a gay or transexual child means you will still behave with love and tenderness.

I hope that I am blessed with having kids so that I can give them the love,honesty and support my parents gave me. I think after the miscarriage the need to become a parent overwhelmed me...

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

[Removed by poster at 29/11/11 23:19:40]

My children are my life, no matter their sexuality, whatever works for them.

After all they don't shun me for being a swinger, why would I have anything against them living with what makes them happy? xx

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

"I am sitting with tears running down my cheeks watching their frustration and sadness. I am blessed with a beautiful kind and loving son who is gay and I beat myself up often over the way I behaved when I discovered this news. I didnt grow up in an enlightened time it is good to see you(the people that have responded) dont care and love your kids reguardless.

I never stopped loving him but it was like a huge bereavement ..no wedding no grandchildren the loss of a life you dreamt would happen. It takes time to adjust in my case two years so Sarahs parents still in shock im sure.

Just hope if the reality of having a gay or transexual child means you will still behave with love and tenderness. "

Aww big hugs. Its good you adjusted though. And I am sure your son appreciates being accepted. I have always said so long as my boy is happy and healthy I wont care, but you never know til you are in that situation. My son loves pink things, plays with dolls and all the so called girlie things, (he is only 2 and figuring out his gender) but I dont care! My dad who's in his late 60's thinks he should be playing with cars etc to stop him from being gay!! This drives me mad as I think does it really matter what sexuality if any our kids turn out to be?? My boy gives hugs to everyone, male or female, maybe he'll end up like me (greedy) and be a bit of both lol but so long as he is happy and loved, I dont care!

It doesn't have to be for any reason - and sometimes a reason is just an excuse for people...

Both my parents decided kids were not for them when my sister and I where very young - to this day many years after more than three decades now I can't get my head around why.. Sure it made me angry for years - but these days I'm pretty happy about it - makes me a better parent because of it.

The point is - sometimes people hide behind the excuses and are just not cut out to be parents

"I am sitting with tears running down my cheeks watching their frustration and sadness. I am blessed with a beautiful kind and loving son who is gay and I beat myself up often over the way I behaved when I discovered this news. I didnt grow up in an enlightened time it is good to see you(the people that have responded) dont care and love your kids reguardless.

Just hope if the reality of having a gay or transexual child means you will still behave with love and tenderness. "

It wouldnt bother me if my son was gay as i dont care if he gets married and i dont want grandchildren, i dont think everyone needs to have a partner and kids to be happy in life, lots of people are happy being on their own, all i care about is that he is happy, however he chooses to live his life.

» Add a new message to this topic