FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Recti divarication

Recti divarication

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok just been diagnosed with this.

Never heard of it before, but all my stomach muscles have seperated and it now looks like I have a beer belly.

I dont drink beer by the way and only drink maybe once a week.

Apparently I caused this by lifting heavy weights but lifting wrongly if you know what I mean.

All the information about correcting this is mainly for women who have had children

So pelvic floor excersizes.

Has anyone on here suffered from this and managed to put it right.

All help would be greatly appreciated have to say this has knocked my confidence quite a bit.

Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

Are you referring to your abdominals or pelvic floor because the two are entirely different.

Pelvic floor exercises won’t correct an abdominal diastasis but depending on the severity, other exercises will. What did the doc suggest? Do you get a physio referral?

https://www.poole.nhs.uk/pdf/Separation%20of%20the%20Abdominal%20Muscles%20-%20FS%20feedback.pdf

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Are you referring to your abdominals or pelvic floor because the two are entirely different.

Pelvic floor exercises won’t correct an abdominal diastasis but depending on the severity, other exercises will. What did the doc suggest? Do you get a physio referral?

https://www.poole.nhs.uk/pdf/Separation%20of%20the%20Abdominal%20Muscles%20-%20FS%20feedback.pdf"

Yep abs diastasis or divarication

Doctor wasnt much help to be honest apparently there isnt anything for men (sorry forgot to mention its the male half)

All she could do was download the NHS doc for women who had the problem through child birth

Plenty of PTs on you tube but all giving different advice

So no sit ups no planks crunches squats etc

Need to know best excersizes to meld the muscles back together

Also if its safe to use weights

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"Are you referring to your abdominals or pelvic floor because the two are entirely different.

https://www.poole.nhs.uk/pdf/Separation%20of%20the%20Abdominal%20Muscles%20-%20FS%20feedback.pdf

Yep abs diastasis or divarication

Doctor wasnt much help to be honest apparently there isnt anything for men (sorry forgot to mention its the male half)

All she could do was download the NHS doc for women who had the problem through child birth

Plenty of PTs on you tube but all giving different advice

So no sit ups no planks crunches squats etc

Need to know best excersizes to meld the muscles back together

Also if its safe to use weights"

Then she was bloody useless! The link I sent is a good basic one for info but go back and ask for a physio referral or go private. Strong abdominals are key to a strong back. Don’t use weights yet, especially if that’s what may have caused it in the first place.

» Add a new message to this topic