By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Rome and people watching lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Mallory Park - sitting in the sun watching the cars battle

Ms Y x

Paris when I was 21....Was with a lovely man and got to see the Moulin Rouge.

Cornwall family memories....I think Cornwall is the most beatiful place in the UK....Love it so much so i'm driving back down next summer lol. 10 hr drive here I come!!! xxxx

Mine has always been Scotland but even more so now xx

Florance so romantic and great food!

There are so many, but the one I can remember most vividly is being sat (on my own) on my hotel room balcony in a small hotel looking out over Lake Como on a late spring evening as the sun was going down and the lights of the town below were going on.

I realised that whilst I was happy here, in this moment, the following day I was returning home to a relationship that didn't make me happy, but I knew there & then the time had come for me to act on it.

Which is just what I did. Went home and ended it there and then.

A true moment of both agony and ecstacy.

on a more postive note, the first time i saw manhattan i was awed into submission

to a degree i still am every time i visit

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

The first time I saw the Pyramids at Giza, the fulfillment of a childhood dream.

"The first time I saw the Pyramids at Giza, the fulfillment of a childhood dream."

i had a similar feeling when u wore that pointy bra under ur jumper the other week

"The first time I saw the Pyramids at Giza, the fulfillment of a childhood dream.

i had a similar feeling when u wore that pointy bra under ur jumper the other week "

Oh you kiss and teller

The island of Iona will always have a special place in my heart. There is an aura about the place, as though every single stone has a story to tell. I'm not religious but there is such a sense of peace there, it is uncanny. The view of the Clyde estuary from the south will always be with me. For me, it has never been surpassed wherever I've travelled. It is associated with some amazing memories

Scotland when my son was at school we used to go there for our holidays.

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Selsey

Spent alot of my childhood there at weekends and school holidays with my grandparents. Have lots of lovely memories.

"The first time I saw the Pyramids at Giza, the fulfillment of a childhood dream."

+1 but also found them rather disappointing too due to the close proximity of the town ... had visions of them being in the middle of the desert lol

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Summer in the Himalaya...the way the clouds drifted through the rooms of the guest house,,,

it's misty today,which i think is why it popped into my head.

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"The first time I saw the Pyramids at Giza, the fulfillment of a childhood dream.

+1 but also found them rather disappointing too due to the close proximity of the town ... had visions of them being in the middle of the desert lol"

Had always wanted to see the Pyramids and go inside. So glad when MrB took me a few years ago but was also disappointed with the shops being so close, spoilt it a bit for me.

The Norfolk coastline is simply stunning. It's incredibly peaceful here. Even on busy days many of Norfolk's beaches have empty hideaways where you feel you have the place to yourself.

With miles and miles of wide sandy beaches, unspoilt Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and some of the best nature reserves in the country (including Titchwell, Snettisham and Cley), it's easy to see why artists and writers have flocked to the Norfolk coast for years.

Blue Flag Beaches Wells Cley Holkham Brancaster

Blakeney Thornham The Burnhams Holme-next-the-Sea Some of the best beaches and lovely coastsal villages ... lived here all my life and i love it .. and been around the uk and alot of the world . x

I love this thread. It makes me want to see all these places. Cheers me up on the shortest day

Venice in a chilly February. My lovely flew me there for valentines day, just to have lunch, then home again. xxx

+1 but also found them rather disappointing too due to the close proximity of the town ... had visions of them being in the middle of the desert lol

Had always wanted to see the Pyramids and go inside. So glad when MrB took me a few years ago but was also disappointed with the shops being so close, spoilt it a bit for me."

I just stood with my back to that part

Skiing powder snow at Whistler mountain Canada,sailing on Friday nights at Ala Moana Oahu,diving at my friends village Beqa island Fiji.The list goes on but one of my best memories is my first threesome with two lovely ladies at Pamukkale Turkey

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Scarborough.

Powder snow in the Rockies.

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

And the Maternity Hospital.

Santa Pod. Its a family thing for us

Sherwood Forest. I grew up in Notts and loved our Sunday outings there. A great thrill in Winter to find animal tracks.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

To many to mention. Think id get a bit weepy if i started thinking about it lol

"Sherwood Forest. I grew up in Notts and loved our Sunday outings there. A great thrill in Winter to find animal tracks."

Some really good scenic place around Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire.

The old town in Montpellier, a maze of french walkways with great bistro's, brasserie's and chilled ambience.

And,

Whitby on a sunny Autumn afternoon, during Gothic weekend.

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

Alsace, France - Great wine, beautiful villages and such crazy weather patterns.

Amsterdam - Love the diversity, crazy place.

Newquay, Cornwall - Used to be chilled out and a great place in late teens/early twenties.

I love a particular area in the Scottish Highlands, the village and immediate surrounding area are real tourist hotspots.

And yet outside of July and August, you can walk for miles over moorland, through Scots pines, alongside lochs, and barely see another soul.

Occasionally, a certain lady has joined me, and on these occasions I don't see so much of the vistas, or do as much walking, I seem to get distracted!!

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Ibiza for me....so many great memories since the mid Eighties...love the place

bizarrely....my favourite place was sitting up a particular tree in a particular wood when i was a wee young teen....just used to sit there, muse and write poetry as I listened to the woodland worl go about it's daily business down below

By *uckoo clockCouple  over a year ago

Merseyside

I have stood in the shower room/gas chamber at Auschwitz and thought of the horrors that happened there and it made me feel how blessed i was that me and mine didnt have to endure what happened there !!

"bizarrely....my favourite place was sitting up a particular tree in a particular wood when i was a wee young teen....just used to sit there, muse and write poetry as I listened to the woodland worl go about it's daily business down below "
. I had a place like that, in a bowl of a tree, where no-one could see me in a serene, beautiful place where I visited often. I'd play my flute to the rabbits and write poetry too. It was my special place. I'd forgotten about that until you reminded me. Thanks xx

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

The Sun Gate, above Machu Picchu, after trekking the Inca Trail for 4 days. Our guides made us wait and took us through one at a time - 28 women and men all with tears running down their cheeks when they looked down on the classic Machu Picchu view......

or possibly it was cos we all smelt like dead llamas after 4 days camping on the trail and that made us cry....sorry, i just can't do serious

i love Matlock, my Gran always used to take us there when we was kids, it just brings back happy childhood memories

Thanks everyone for posting and so interesting to read...

When i was a child i loved going to somerset with my parents ...

"on a more postive note, the first time i saw manhattan i was awed into submission

to a degree i still am every time i visit"

I feel the same way, in that taxi from JFK coming through a tunnel I start to feel excitement and when you emerge at the end of that tunnel you see the beautiful concrete jungle that is New York City, the Empire State standing proud, I always have a tear in my eye. Yeah a bunch of skyscrapers may not be beautiful to some, but to me its amazing.

Another great memory is of the beautiful seaside town of Skeggy. The first time I was allowed to take a girlfriend on holiday with me. We were allowed to go into the caravan site discotheque/goth club, which was inappropriate really cos there were only us in there who were underage (or we were the only ones that looked it). We danced to the sounds of Bauhaus, Devo and Sisters of Mercy. We were 14.

And my first holiday abroad to Ibiza where we gawped at the transvestites in Ibiza town at night and attended our first all night clubbing parties with promoters such as Pacha and Manumission.

And I know when I'm an old lady I will remember my heady days on the swinging scene going to sex clubs like Chameleons and Abfabs, my gorgeous man at my side, the two of us caught up in the complete hedonism of it all

Standing in a place called askole (no honestly!) and looking at the mountains . To be fair it's a good name for the town, but the view there is beyond comparison, the savage mountain (k2) and a number of other high places are all that is beyond.......

A hospital being told i was pregnant when i never thought i would be and now hes 19 the pride and love of my life

[Removed by poster at 23/12/11 07:08:24]

Inverness airport, 1970's, i was aeroplanes daft as a kid, uncle an air traffic controller, pre-strict security we have now.

Cycling from his house on the airfield on his big bicycle that was far too big for me, to the tower, having to watch left and right as you crossed the north/south runway for possible planes coming in, cycling like mad at the very thought.

Happy days, yet impossible in this day and age, gone forever sadly.

Stuck in the snow with you know who.... in Newhay.....hence my name......lol

Ive heard its a lovely place in the snow lol

Yes it was lovely...how did you know ??

"Yes it was lovely...how did you know ??

"

I used to live in Newhey (for a short while) - never remember it being 'lovely' though

In fact other than a decent chippy and the fact it makes Milnrow look cosmopolitan, it doesn't (or at least it didn't) have much goin for it

But then again it never snowed when I lived there

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Denmark its my second home. I love it there and have great childhood memories there. I also have my family there who I don't see very often but when I do its great....

i grew up in monmouth south wales. i spent many happy hours at my grandparents in a little place called penault not far from monmouth. i love going back there.

ooohhh you cant beat a bit of snow in newhay to get you slidding about lol

» Add a new message to this topic