FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Last xmas

Last xmas

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Not a lot of people know this out of the main room but my dad has been fighting throat cancer from last December!

We got told a few weeks back that we had 6 months with him!My heart is breaking and tbh this site is my escape and i thank every1 involved for that esp a few peeps like grid,music,funky and many many more.

Im so going to miss him so the last meal at xmas will definatly be my last xmas!

All i want to say is hold who is invaluable to you close as you just dont know when there going to be ripped away from you. Bless everyone and esp fab for getting me through this year as they no doubt will when the inevitable happens.

Love you all and have a close loving xmas and a special new year!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eighleedsMan  over a year ago

leeds

"Not a lot of people know this out of the main room but my dad has been fighting throat cancer from last December!

We got told a few weeks back that we had 6 months with him!My heart is breaking and tbh this site is my escape and i thank every1 involved for that esp a few peeps like grid,music,funky and many many more.

Im so going to miss him so the last meal at xmas will definatly be my last xmas!

All i want to say is hold who is invaluable to you close as you just dont know when there going to be ripped away from you. Bless everyone and esp fab for getting me through this year as they no doubt will when the inevitable happens.

Love you all and have a close loving xmas and a special new year!!! "

i feel for you man, i really do, lost my father a couple of days after christmas 11 years ago, family dinner that dya was the last time i saw him,

I dont now do christmas either

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

be strong hun and enjoy this christmas with him. Make lots of memories of that day and cherish them.

I last saw my dad alive 3 years ago on christmas day. He died suddenly on the 27th dec.

I doubt i would have done anything different because he loved christmas day and it was always special.

Make the day a good one hun xx

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

This is my 11th Christmas without my Mum. She died 6 and a half weeks after being falling ill, she had pancreatic cancer and died on November 5th.

That Christmas is a blur, I basically was never sober and Christmas has never been the same since.

Treasure the time with your Dad as I am sure he will treasure his time with you all

Yvonne

x

Hi I just wanted to say to you that I lost my dad 6 days before Xmas last year

My mother has Lung cancer now and she is still with us and she will be having diner on Xmas day

You are not alone

Obi x

Reading your posts makes me think of my dad passing away 17 years ago ang my eyes still well up.

By *heekychezzaWoman  over a year ago

warrington

My lovely dad's funeral was the day before Christmas eve seventeen years ago. That year (1995) Christmas was difficult...but we all made an enormous effort to try and enjoy at least some of it...yes there were lots of tears...but also lots of hugging. My dad loved christmas and we all felt that it would be letting him down to let his passing spoil the season.

I miss him so much....he's never far from my thoughts...but believe me...my dad is with us every christmas....and indeed everyday....we (my siblings and I and all our offspring) are part of him, so he will always be with us.

I hope you are able to find something to enjoy over this christmas....try and makke it special...and then next year yoiu will have those memories to help you through.

special hugs for you and for everyone who has lost someone dear to them xxxxx

It will be 10 years on the 28th since my father died.

Make the most of him whilst you can... And make sure you have said your goodbyes...

We will be here for you after...

I'm so sorry, I also lost my dad this time of year, he was already in hospital when I arrived home with the presents he never got to see, he hadn't spoken for 2 days but when he heard my voice at the hospital he opened his eyes and said my name I kept the jumper I bought him and wear it sometimes like a hug.

My thought go out to you and your family

xxxxx

My heart goes out to you and your family. I lost my Dad just over 3 weeks ago so this will be my first Christmas without him. Enjoy the time that you have left and create some happy memories. Big hugs Jan xx

By *annGentMan  over a year ago

With a cracking view

Worn a very similar t-shirt.

Live for the day, if it happens to be a naff one, you get another chance at midnight.

"If ever there's a tomorrow,

when we're not together,

There is something you should remember.

You're braver than you believe,

Stronger than you seem,

and smarter than you think.

The most important thing is,

even if we're apart,

I'll always be with you."

Big hugs to all in this situation.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

I lost my Dad yrs ago to lung cancer, we never got that last xmas with him. All I can say is, makes this a memorable one so in years to come xmas time wont be full of sorrow but of happy memories of the last xmas you and your family have with your dad. xxxxx

1st let me say so many thanks to everyone that has replied and gave me good advice and some very sad stories.

It,s never good when anyone dies but when it,s a parent then it,s so different.

I plan on making the very most of xmas day and make sure to hold him tight every-time i see him till the inevitable happens and cherish it.

With love and respect to all Jamie xx

i lost my dad 13 yrs ago in the sept he never met my daughter. although we we werent close i miss him.

this christmas is hard for all the family in jan my 2 yr old nephew died tragically. his 3rd b'day was a couple of wks ago. this is gonna be a hard christmas. god bless you keanu your a little in heaven now.

Earlier this year, my children's father was rushed into hospital with swine flu and passed away a few days later. I used this site the same way, to escape, for the comfort and kind words too, and made some lovely new friends

I am sorry to hear the news, sending hugs to you and your family

I know how you feel my parents both died of lung cancer, i never knew quite how much i would miss them, we tend to take each other for granted sometimes and argue over silly little things, but the older i get the more i realise its not worth falling out with people you are close too, lifes too short.

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

Raising a toast to absent friends and loved ones xx

Here here fella,to all those loved,missed and remembered!Happy new year everyone when it comes!

Really get strength from reading all your messages.

With respect peace and Karma to you all!

» Add a new message to this topic