FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > lonely at christmas

lonely at christmas

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just wondering how many of us will actually be spending christmas with family and how many of us will be spending it on our own.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uzi BCouple  over a year ago

SPAIN

Feliz Navidad [happy christmas to all on here xx

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Not being a Christmassy person I'll be on my own but I hope you all enjoy your celebrations.

By *uzi BCouple  over a year ago

SPAIN

meant to add hope no one feels to lonley i put post about it the other day and was told some people like to be on there own

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

On own by choice

Have not got a clue I have a teenage daughter kicking off refusing to go nanny's tonight and even refusing to go for Christmas dinner. I am so fed up I have had enough don't know how much more I can take.

With multiple personalities I am never alone, still tricky pulling a cracker though, and I still get to argue over what to watch on tv. On a more positive note, I will win trivial pursuit and monopoly.

Merry Christmas

P xxx

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Bit of both. Got mam in hozzie n not sure if she'll b out for xmas so may b visiting. Dinner at sisters then back home alone and fecking off to egypt on 28th on me own. But not lonely, you're never alone with schizoprenia lol x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

lonely or alone? As they are too seperate things. Being lonely is a state of mind and you can feel lonely in a room full of people. Being alone is completely different

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"Have not got a clue I have a teenage daughter kicking off refusing to go nanny's tonight and even refusing to go for Christmas dinner. I am so fed up I have had enough don't know how much more I can take."

hope you sort it...its awful how stressful Christmas can be,and parents seem to end up trying to keep everyone else happyxxxx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Have not got a clue I have a teenage daughter kicking off refusing to go nanny's tonight and even refusing to go for Christmas dinner. I am so fed up I have had enough don't know how much more I can take."

The joys of having teenagers im afraid. Just tell her its up to her if she goes or not but you are. It might not work for every one but i found if i pampered to callums moods he just behaved worse so i just let him get on with it

I'll be on my own as now single again and working in Rochdale till 1st wk of Jan.

If anyone wants a single to make up numbers at their (swinging) event, pls PM me.

Merry Christmas FS'ers

and spare a special thought for those who despite being surrounded by family still feel both alone and lonely x

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

I'm up for adoption

im alone as annie and the kid have gone to denmark to see her folks, and im dog sitting.

to be honest, its ok im enjoying myself, beeing selfish, watching crappy films and seeing friends.

plus those who know me know that i spend half my life traveling around the world so sitting at home is great.

miss them like crazy, but its only a week.

and then we get a few weeks together.

Im on my own cos I have to work it, then all the family will be away by the time I get in, just told em to forget about me for the day.

Did the same last year and just looked at my rota. Guess what...

Yup on again next year

x

By *herry n JonesyCouple  over a year ago

Oxfordshire / Leicester

I'll be on my own and am perfectly happy to be. My christmas starts on boxing day when my immediate family are back in the country.

Happy christmas to you all

My daughter and her fiance come down tomorrow...hope the builders will have finished by the time they arrive! My daughter and her boyfriend who live with me will be here with his five year old son, my youngest will be at church and visiting the sick.

Christmas day joined by my ex mother in law , daughter's and their partners having lunch with their future in-laws, so just my youngest, her nan and me for Christmas dinner...it'll be different!

We've got our boys with us and Kate's bro's coming down from Wolves.

One of our boys is flying off to Australia day after boxing day to see his girlfriend.

Long distance romance or what?

My choice to be alone this Christmas

But new year is another story xx

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

No xmas dinner at nan 's no presents ..

By *anderer2018Man  over a year ago

Bangkok

For the first time in years I'll actually be spending time with my mum!

By *ue care and attentionWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

"and spare a special thought for those who despite being surrounded by family still feel both alone and lonely x"

Such a true statement

Spending the day with my brother and co...After that its just me...till new year anyways

But my heart goes out to those who are not as fortunate as myself ..re a home and family etc

"Spending the day with my brother and co...After that its just me...till new year anyways

But my heart goes out to those who are not as fortunate as myself ..re a home and family etc "

Being alone do you feel more alone with people and happy couples and families than you do actually being on your own.

Just me and my 3 boys...last xmas together for a while. Oldest leaves for NZ in Jan

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

[Removed by poster at 23/12/11 22:42:21]

I will be on 12 hr shifts then home to an empty house as family away

with family.

Nadolig Llawen as we say in wales

"Spending the day with my brother and co...After that its just me...till new year anyways

But my heart goes out to those who are not as fortunate as myself ..re a home and family etc

Being alone do you feel more alone with people and happy couples and families than you do actually being on your own.

"

Sometimes i do..i tend to reflect on who has passed , though im used to my own company now.

I do miss cooking the big meal so im gonna do one on new years day

And i miss my son dreadfully, he is in the states and i havent seen him in over 6 years

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

Should've been a very quiet Xmas with just me and my big sis but things changed at the last minute - partly my doing but some of it was out of my hands - means that there'll now be 7 of us, spanning 4 generations, all spending the day together.

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

"And i miss my son dreadfully, he is in the states and i havent seen him in over 6 years "

Sorry to hear this. Hope you get to see each other soon.

On my own 2nd year running

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

We never have a lonely Christmas, even when we are on our own. We have family scattered all over the world, so don't get to see most, but we are always in contact..

This year we have our daughter and family and Mother and father in law on Christmas day. Boxing day we have our son and family.

Guess we are very lucky to have such a good relationship with all of our relatives all year round, kinda helps with the depression that creeps in sometimes...

I choose to spend Christmas on my own, as I do not wish to witness anymore family arguments and other unpleasantness etc...

I may be alone, however, I am not lonely, and am looking forward to a nice break.

We all have people we miss, sometimes Christmas day is a day for thoughts in the past.

Best of wishes to all for Christmas day.

x

On my own through choice. Ahh the peace and quiet. But thought this the last time on my own and my phone wouldnt stop ringing and i know same will happen again and more so this year as neices and nephews are at an age where they love talking on phone. And thats ok.

"and spare a special thought for those who despite being surrounded by family still feel both alone and lonely x"

Indeed xxx

By *riendlyfunfemWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

You can be in a room full of people but if those people arn't the ones you want to be with at Xmas it is a very lonely time. And if the the people we want to spend Xmas with are no longer with us its very hard x

» Add a new message to this topic