FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What little things do you

What little things do you

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oantrimcpl2010 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

do at xmas to make it more exciting for your children.

We have done the santa tracker. Also when our girls where younger once they where in bed we rang a bell and said that was santa flying over head with his reindeers. Also used to get my brother to act as santa over the phone.

Its not the same when there is no small children in the house, some of the magic is lost.

Do you have anything that you do at xmas? and do you think it is more xmasy when there is children in the house?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Act as Santa, you mean there ain't no santa claus

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Definitely! For a number of years, we had an extended family gathering on Christmas day, up to 10 adults and 8 children. It was always a great day, but the hi-light was a visit from Santa who popped in on his way back home with some presents he had left over! As the older children got older, it dawned on them that a certain adult disappeared for a while, then later re-appeared!! The children concerned now have their own children but they still talk about these magic Christmas days!!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

well as some know i really am not a christmas person but this has only been since callum grew up. when he was little on christmas eve he would be bathed in his pjs and warm dressing gown by 6.30. used to just have the lights from the tree on and we wouldnt have the television on and we just sang carols for about an hour. then we would stand at the back door looking at the sky and i would show him which way santa would come. then id make him hot chocolate and take him to bed and while he was drinking it used to tell him stories about my experiences of santa. then i would tell him to lie with his eyes closed and he would soon here santas sleigh in the sky

In this modern age we get the grand children to Track Santa curtsey of Norad, they love it

http://www.noradsanta.org/en/index.html

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

always read the night before christmas,the last time i did that the girls came home from the pub crept up stairs in stealth mode NOT woke me up by diving on the bed and tickling me,we all ended up in bed together with hot chocolate and i read the story to them

still makes me smile remembering ah bless

Really miss having wee ones around. We always took the kids to the cinema on xmas eve just to break the day up. Have to borrow my great nephew now. Chipmunks tonight

Make sure all the plans have been made: presents bought and wrapped: feed her: take her to midnight mass: wait for her to go to sleep before putting xmas stocking on end of bed: Scoff pie and whisky... Wait for joyously excited shrieks at 6am...

I love mine to bits... And she'll be ninety in March...

when he was little, i convinced a friends lad that my ID badge from work was magical and that if he rubbed it and made a wish then it would come true.

he told his mum later on that he had wished that i would turn into a frog and that mrs bus would turn into a duck

couple of weeks later, we discovered some novelty bubble baths, 1 in the shape of duck, 1 in the shape of a frog

we rang ahead and told him we were coming so when the door rang, he should answer.

so we rang the bell and then snook round the corner out of sight, leaving the frog and the duck on the front step

all we could hear was 'mum, mum, it works .... uncle steves badge works'

bless - our friend said he believed in the magical powers of the badge til he was about 12

By *ue de RemarquesMan  over a year ago

Southampton

My buddy's little lad admired my Wierdfish Tee-shirt a last time I was visiting. I've just popped over the the Wierdfish shop in Cowes Isle of Wight and got him a Tee with Wierdfish riding a mountain bike (cos young Master Sam also loves mountain biking with his dad.) I'll be taking my bike up to Lancashire for a New Year visit, so I'll hand it over in person.

Merry Xmas Everyone, Timmy

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

No little ones in our house anymore - granddaughter redelivered to mummy a couple of days ago but spending Christmas day with our daughter and her 2 1/2 year old who is really getting in to the spirit of things. I think we could be in for a very tiring day

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

We celebrate Christmas on Christmas eve night as my mum is Danish. Any how Christmas Eve night there always used to be tons of people for christmas. My mum brought and sold horses so there would be the grooms,vet and blacksmith over for dinner. Anyway Santa used to knock at the door and I thought it was Santa until when I was about 7 that I noticed that santa had my dad's shoes on.... I thought that was strange

My mum used to say that Santa had taste and shopped in the same shop as my dad... Anyway the next Christmas Santa knocked and it was freezing I just said dad why you dressed as santa its freezing out there.... That was the end of santa coming to the house!!

» Add a new message to this topic