FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > speeding fine in spain

speeding fine in spain

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

had a notice thru this mornin asking for 100 euro's for being 11 kmh over on a 120kmh road

anyone know of any 'loopholes' ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"had a notice thru this mornin asking for 100 euro's for being 11 kmh over on a 120kmh road

anyone know of any 'loopholes' ?"

Wait a few months and then the €100 will only cost you £50 instead of the £87 it's gonna cost you if you pay it now.

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

just in case you don't pay,do we have an extradtion treaty with spain?.

one snag the spanish government don't seem to have thought of : having a website that has instructions in languages other than spanish

i can't answer 'ole' to everything !

how did they find you, was it in a hire car?

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

Ack wasnt that so nice off them to send you notice on xmas eve

"how did they find you, was it in a hire car?"

yup

paid it now - half price

google chromes translator came in more than useful !

not trying to piss you off even more, but the postie brought me a cheque from the tax man today

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Always said you were fast, now we have proof

By *orkieMan  over a year ago

Who knows

"had a notice thru this mornin asking for 100 euro's for being 11 kmh over on a 120kmh road

anyone know of any 'loopholes' ?"

Personally I would have given it the Spanish Archer (El Bow) n told em to whistle for the money... cant exactly see the Guadia Civil rockin up north with an extradition treaty

By *teborahCouple  over a year ago

warrington

A few years ago my brother had quite a big RTA in Italy and wrote his hire car off. totally his fault but had all the insurance to cover him (paid extra) few weeks after arriving home he got a bill for £3250 totally shit himself. I told him to cancel his credit card (lost) and fuck them off!! spoke to a close friend of mine who is based in Italy and told me I done the right thing as there is fuck all they can do about it. That was 4 years ago and still aint heard a thing, Just don't go back there!

By *teborahCouple  over a year ago

warrington

[Removed by poster at 24/12/11 11:54:01]

anyone know of any 'loopholes' ?

Personally I would have given it the Spanish Archer (El Bow) n told em to whistle for the money... cant exactly see the Guadia Civil rockin up north with an extradition treaty "

but as it was in a hire car, the hire co will have credit card details, so you really dont have a choice

"not trying to piss you off even more, but the postie brought me a cheque from the tax man today "

we got one as well first time iv ever had a tax rebate on xmas eve

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

Here's the definative reply from someone who spends a lot of time over there!

If its a rental company they can pay the fine and deduct if from your credit card details, leaving you to argue the toss with the cc company.

More often they will give your details to the spanish authorities so they can chase you, saves them a lot of aggro. From this position there are a couple of options....

The authorities as it seems in your case will send the demand to your home address and hope you pay. You don't have to of course because there is no system in place as yet (will be by 2015) for them to actually collect it.

If you elect not to pay, don't expect to rent another car in Spain, if you do its flagged on the computer system of the rental company, they'll give you the car, but then they telephone the Guardia Civil (police) who will be waiting to arrest you (and they will!) at your destination.

The preferred option which is quickly gaining popularity though, is for the authorities to sell your speeding debt to one of the many debt recovery agencies in the UK. This means that not only do you pay the fine but also pay the markup of anything up to a £1000 that the debt agency reckon its taken them to process your fine. At this point they will probably threaten you with bailiffs.

So take your pick of the various options!

» Add a new message to this topic