FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Luckiest man alive?

Luckiest man alive?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

In 1945, as a small boy, Judah Samet found himself on a train bound for a concentration camp just as it was liberated by the allies.

Late for a meeting at the Pittsburgh synagogue he was still parking his car as the gunman opened fire.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It’s definitely a charmed one in respect that he’s alive ... but I’m sure he struggles daily knowing he’s here did unfortunately others aren’t

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

"In 1945, as a small boy, Judah Samet found himself on a train bound for a concentration camp just as it was liberated by the allies.

Late for a meeting at the Pittsburgh synagogue he was still parking his car as the gunman opened fire.

"

So sad.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"It’s definitely a charmed one in respect that he’s alive ... but I’m sure he struggles daily knowing he’s here did unfortunately others aren’t "

Good point.

By *nitterWoman  over a year ago

the land of tall tales and yarn

"It’s definitely a charmed one in respect that he’s alive ... but I’m sure he struggles daily knowing he’s here did unfortunately others aren’t "

Now I just feel sad

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

I thinkk it is the Japanese gut who survived both the Hiroshima and nagasaki A-bombs -he's the only person to have been nuked twice -I think he may even still be alive -look him up on Google

"It’s definitely a charmed one in respect that he’s alive ... but I’m sure he struggles daily knowing he’s here did unfortunately others aren’t

Now I just feel sad "

Ah sorry

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Depends on his outlook on life (and death) I guess.

Some people understandably get survivors guilt.

Some people embrace their good luck/second chance and look forward rather than back.

"I thinkk it is the Japanese gut who survived both the Hiroshima and nagasaki A-bombs -he's the only person to have been nuked twice -I think he may even still be alive -look him up on Google"

He’s the only one recognised by the Japanese government, but there could have been up to around 80 people who did the same. Tsutomo Yamaguchi, he died not long before I visited Japan 8 years ago.

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Tarka trail

Is Melanie Shaw the unluckiest woman.

» Add a new message to this topic