FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > WOW! Next shopping

WOW! Next shopping

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *-and-K OP   Couple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

So there we were this morning, pulled into the carpark at the nearest shopping centre. The place was full and heaving at 8am, so we laughed at the idiots queuing for Next to open.

As ususal we were only there for our weekend coffee at Costa, so in we went. The queue for Next must have been nearly 300 metres long at this point, dozy bleeders that they are.

We hadn't been there 10 minutes when a paramedic car came flying in blues and two's followed shortly after by 2 ambulances. Apparently people had been there that long they had started to collapse from exhaustion!

OK so they were offering 60% or more discount. Don't people realise they are only getting rid of excess old stock before the release of this years must have fashions?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

To be honest, no shop's sale will ever get me camping outside for the night, far too bloody cold

I can never understand what is so great about Next.

The only item I would like to get is a couple of pairs of SealSkinz waterproof socks, and they are unlikely to be in the sales.

I can get them via eBay or other online outlets, so no need to venture into shops.

Tomorrow I shall have a rest after my camping trip, before going to work on Wednesday.

No shopping for me, not even for food, as I still have loads to eat and drink!

I have seen families with picnics in NEXT on Boxing Day before now !

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

What makes me laugh about the Next sale, is that if you go into a shop called Choice, they have loads of Next stuff that Next couldn't shift, at really silly prices.

I bought a pair of boots from Choice that were originally in sale in Next, should have been £75.99, I bought them for £19.99. So why bother queuing!!!

i never queue for sales.

if i want something bad enough ill buy it at fullprice x

Now.....if it had been the Harrods Sale......TAXIIIiiiiiiii

What I like or need is never in the sales, so I no longer do "sales".

just pay the delivery and shop @ the online outlet with the same sale on and more often than not better

if u dont like the shit u can take it back

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

ive never been and stood outside a shop yet. nearly everything i have comes from next all my bedding curtains in both rooms. everything in my bathroom but i dont often get clothes from there. i already previewed there sale online and there was nothing i wanted

I enjoy shopping but I would never venture out on boxing day, which is a time for families, in order to get a bargain on a dress or shoes that I have more than I get wear out of. I certainly wouldn't camp out at Next, its just another high street store and their clothes at full price are hardly that brilliant or break the bank.

Being at home all warm and cosy, playing games with kids, chatting and enjoying a nice meal far outweighs queuing in cold weather for a high street dress. Its just greed.

If I'm out shopping and a sale is on ill go in that shop and I may get a bargain. But otherwise its really not worth it. I don't think sales should start til January anyway. Its encouraging less family time and more consumerism

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

The way I look at sales is no shop will sell things at a loss (unless it is closing down) and therefore if they can offer a reduction of 60% think how much they are ripping you off the rest of the time!

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHCCouple  over a year ago

horwich

I just can't deal with the crowds and the downright lack of manners of people so very rarely go.

Same with when a new gadget or something comes out. Saw the new Nike Air trainers go on sale in America on TV and kids were getting trampled in the stampede. Is it really worth it just to be the first people to have something??

Scarlett

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

Being at home all warm and cosy, playing games with kids, chatting and enjoying a nice meal far outweighs queuing in cold weather for a high street dress. Its just greed.

If I'm out shopping and a sale is on ill go in that shop and I may get a bargain. But otherwise its really not worth it. I don't think sales should start til January anyway. Its encouraging less family time and more consumerism "

Assuming everyone has kids and a family of course...

For a lot of people its just a 'normal' day, and for many its a 'normal working day' as well

"

If I'm out shopping and a sale is on ill go in that shop and I may get a bargain. But otherwise its really not worth it. I don't think sales should start til January anyway. Its encouraging less family time and more consumerism

Assuming everyone has kids and a family of course...

For a lot of people its just a 'normal' day, and for many its a 'normal working day' as well"

Yeah your right not everyone has kids, most have families though, but again not everyone lives near them or are able to spend time with them. I admit I'm fortunate in that respect

A lot less people would have to work if the shops stayed shut. Yes ok people working can make a bit of extra cash, but I do think it was better in the good old days when the shops stayed shut for several days.

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

To be honest working in retail, I'd prefare to be off for boxing day rather than have the money which maybe double time but inreality you lose most of it in tax. All in all I maybe will get an extra £25 to £30 in my pay for having to forgo a holiday. Not worth it really.

As for sale I would never queue outside for anything.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

I saw the nutters outside next as well.....

I have seen to jackets that I want on the website so I might order and get them delivered.

Don't get me wrong I did brave the sales yesterday...and will do this. Morning as I need a new suit.

Got three games for Xbox 2 I wanted before Xmas and one was a tenner.

I do want a new laptop or mac mini but will wait to order till the new year.

not sure how to post this without it sounding racist or un-pc (neither of which is the intention), but why are the sales particularly popular with asian families ?

By *UNCHBOXMan  over a year ago

folkestone

"not sure how to post this without it sounding racist or un-pc (neither of which is the intention), but why are the sales particularly popular with asian families ?

"

I think because the reporters of the newspapers/tv went to citys with a high population of asians like Manchester and East London.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"ive never been and stood outside a shop yet. nearly everything i have comes from next all my bedding curtains in both rooms. everything in my bathroom but i dont often get clothes from there. i already previewed there sale online and there was nothing i wanted"

Ah I get it now, how clever of you! Next door.

"not sure how to post this without it sounding racist or un-pc (neither of which is the intention), but why are the sales particularly popular with asian families ?

"

err..says who?

We'd never queue up for the sales..but then again we'd never make a car journey just to have a cup of coffee either

I think because the reporters of the newspapers/tv went to citys with a high population of asians like Manchester and East London. "

I understand what you say about the TV, but when I was in Manchester early yesterday morning, I would say 60-70% of the early bargain hunters were Asian.

I know we have a large Asian population here, but the proportion of the city population isn't 60-70% Asian.

It was noticeable, so I wondered to myself why that was the case - could be something as simple as the fact that most of 'Christian' Mancs were still in bed sleeping off too much beer or too many mince pies the evening before ?

By *o Peep n WoodyCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

"What makes me laugh about the Next sale, is that if you go into a shop called Choice, they have loads of Next stuff that Next couldn't shift, at really silly prices.

I bought a pair of boots from Choice that were originally in sale in Next, should have been £75.99, I bought them for £19.99. So why bother queuing!!!"

My fav shop at clacton shopping outlet

» Add a new message to this topic