FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > is there a link between BIPOLAR and SWINGING?

is there a link between BIPOLAR and SWINGING?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I decided to write this thread as I suffer from Bipolar II... I am a swinger but I definitely think that there is a link between being bipolar and swinging... you see when I am "whizzy" or hyper but I like to say "whizzy" I could have sex with five or ten men in one day and not think anything about it.... I do have this horrendous illness bipolar and there is a link between being insatiable for sex with different people who I do not really know.....

If any of my posts have annoyed you then I am sorry about this but I wish to tell you that I have bipolar and get very whizzy and like a lot of sex sometimes and sometimes I don't

notsure if anyone else on here has bipolar I doubt it very much or perhaps some may have depression?

would like to hear from you

Lizzie the bipolarised one

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

heaven knows, but i'll bring a family bag of skittles just to make sure

you don't need skittles.... you need to think about it.... whizzy bipolar and lots of sex? yes/ no

yes I would say..... people with bipolar like to do lots of things including having lots of sex

simple

really

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I'm not bipolar but am very active on here.

Sex is a great way of getting seratonin, a lack of which is indicated in depression.

well 1 person with bi-polar evidently does like sex

and starting new forum threads

serotonin is a chemical imbalance in the brain.... and yes sex can increase its effectiveness although only ephemeral I would add

however people who have bipolar have very little serotonin.... but serotonin is present in chocolate hence why I am a chocolate fan and a sex fantoooo

so come on you lot... what's it like to be normal and like sex then????

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"...I am a swinger but I definitely think that there is a link between being bipolar and swinging... "

For you, may be.... for everyone in general..... no.

I had a look through the journals I have access too and can't find any links... Doesn't mean there isn't...

I find many with bipolar have a distinct downside in their sexual appetite... Perhaps you just have a high sex drive naturally... And its normal when you feel good to want sex..

How ever as sex is a natural mood enhancer.. well orgasm is... Then if someone suffers depression then it can help.

However it could be bad for someone with bipolar to swing... As the nsa could cause more issues... But its a complex area.

Cali

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Stranger and stranger.....said Alice

yes you're right.... being a swinger and having bipolar can have great downsides... eg the emotional parts.. but right now I have no emotion.... I have been hurt very deeply and am now just having protected sex when I wish for it......

I do get upset yes of course, as my illness produces a lack of the brain chemical serotonin.... but anyway... that's for me to handle

I've had bipolar since i was 18 but that hasn't stopped me achieving a 2:1 in Eng Lit at Leeds Uni or being a secretary althoughI did want to be a school teacher but never mind

I think too that I am ver yvery lonely

xx

"Stranger and stranger.....said Alice"

it was actually

"CURIOUSER AND CURIOUSER " said Alice

"Stranger and stranger.....said Alice

it was actually

"CURIOUSER AND CURIOUSER " said Alice"

oooh just what i've been waiting for !

a bust up over Charles Dodgson (aka Lewis Carroll)

I was answering is there a link.... I haven't heard of one and actually found in my professional experience that many with bipolar shy away from sex and sex drive is diminished....

But like with everything there are always those that are different...

I don't have bipolar but am classed as sexually addicted... And my sex drive is very very high.. but that's more to do with how I am.

There is a link between those that like adrenaline junkie type activities and swinging.

Cali x

Neither of us are bipolar, however there are times when one or both of us is horny as hell and could shag till we drop, days when we like to take all night to build up to a quickie, and though I probably shouldn't admit it on this site.... there are days when we are busy doing other things, and sex is just not on the agenda.

i think the link is more between being a horny bitch and a swinger..lol! the trick is not to feel ashamed,dirty or wrong in anyway for enjoying healthy rampant sex life! and if you manage to find 10 great shags a day...well...?

you're only human..and a lucky cunt too! Lol!!

Fuck'em!! (Pauline) Xx

Torquay

it was actually

"CURIOUSER AND CURIOUSER " said Alice"

Who the fuck is Alice?

Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

People with bi-polar who are on a manic have tendancies to suffer with hypersexuality(although you dont have to have bi poloar to suffer hypersexuality its just much more common for bi polar people).

Some people will and do do anything to get their sexual kicks but it doesnt mean they are swingers(for this thread only im referring to swingers who are actively signed up to swinging sites).

In my experience the people i no who are swingers have absolutly no more problems swinging compared to someone who doesnt have it. Remember bi-polar is an illness and does have traits. But we each individually have different personalities. You could be confusing your own personality traits with the fact that you have bi polar

it was actually

Who the fuck is Alice?"

Haven't you been living next door to her for 21 years?

"People with bi-polar who are on a manic have tendancies to suffer with hypersexuality(although you dont have to have bi poloar to suffer hypersexuality its just much more common for bi polar people).

Some people will and do do anything to get their sexual kicks but it doesnt mean they are swingers(for this thread only im referring to swingers who are actively signed up to swinging sites).

In my experience the people i no who are swingers have absolutly no more problems swinging compared to someone who doesnt have it. Remember bi-polar is an illness and does have traits. But we each individually have different personalities. You could be confusing your own personality traits with the fact that you have bi polar"

haha I am a very educated and intellectual person.. I am very well read about bipolar, from which I suffer

I know the difference between swinging and bipolar.... but it does have its similarities I must point out here

we are all on a swinging site.... surely that says enough

Torquay

"Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll"

I wasn't quoting Alice in Wonderland....actually.

But thanks for the heads up on what you thought I was quoting, I am deeply indebted to you.

Torquay

it was actually

Who the fuck is Alice?

Haven't you been living next door to her for 21 years? "

hahah no.... I was referring to Alice in Wonderland who said "curiouser and curiouser" someone said that alice had said "stranger and stranger" but she didn't ! haha

"Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

I wasn't quoting Alice in Wonderland....actually.

But thanks for the heads up on what you thought I was quoting, I am deeply indebted to you."

hey, that's okay I read too much ! xxx

Torquay

"hahah no.... I was referring to Alice in Wonderland who said "curiouser and curiouser" someone said that alice had said "stranger and stranger" but she didn't ! haha"

Depends what Alice you are thinking of....

"hahah no.... I was referring to Alice in Wonderland who said "curiouser and curiouser" someone said that alice had said "stranger and stranger" but she didn't ! haha

Depends what Alice you are thinking of...."

it does indeed... in this case I was thinking and considering Alice in Wonderland

hehe fluffybifemme in wonderland too haha xx

it was actually

Who the fuck is Alice?"

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

" in my professional experience that many with bipolar shy away from sex and sex drive is diminished....

"

You havent had experience of people in the manic phase where there is often classic symptoms of hypersexcuality and decreased inhibition?

"People with bi-polar who are on a manic have tendancies to suffer with hypersexuality(although you dont have to have bi poloar to suffer hypersexuality its just much more common for bi polar people).

In my experience the people i no who are swingers have absolutly no more problems swinging compared to someone who doesnt have it. Remember bi-polar is an illness and does have traits. But we each individually have different personalities. You could be confusing your own personality traits with the fact that you have bi polar

haha I am a very educated and intellectual person.. I am very well read about bipolar, from which I suffer

I know the difference between swinging and bipolar.... but it does have its similarities I must point out here

we are all on a swinging site.... surely that says enough"

No one is doubting you are intelligent, another trait of bi polar is that it tends to affect people of above average intelligence(which im sure you have read up on) But because people are on a swinging site does not corrolate to bi polar. Im sure the majority of people on this site do not have bi-polar so that sorts your argument out because if swinging and bi polar went hand in hand the site would be full of people with bi-polar.

" in my professional experience that many with bipolar shy away from sex and sex drive is diminished....

You havent had experience of people in the manic phase where there is often classic symptoms of hypersexcuality and decreased inhibition?"

Ive put about the hypersexuality _ezebel as it is such a big trait with bi polar sufferers

hhhhm perhaps it is.... Jezebel? erm??

You havent had experience of people in the manic phase where there is often classic symptoms of hypersexcuality and decreased inhibition?

Ive put about the hypersexuality _ezebel as it is such a big trait with bi polar sufferers"

I know, thats why I was surprised that Cali hadnt come across it in her professional experience

Ive put about the hypersexuality _ezebel as it is such a big trait with bi polar sufferers

I know, thats why I was surprised that Cali hadnt come across it in her professional experience"

So was i

You havent had experience of people in the manic phase where there is often classic symptoms of hypersexcuality and decreased inhibition?"

I worked as a sexual therapist..and to be honest more werent interested in sex.... the decreased inhibition is similar to the need in many to self harm.. and is classed as the same.

I have had plenty of experience in both personal and professional with some very close family members suffering it.

However, I wouldnt say MORE suffer with it than dont.. its just its a good thing to talk about... Studies into bipolar suggest that personality is key to if someone suffers in one way or another.. and all I was saying that is a vast amount of bipolar sufferers suffer lack of sex drive, often driven by self loathing and depression.

Cali x

I worked as a sexual therapist..and to be honest more werent interested in sex.... the decreased inhibition is similar to the need in many to self harm.. and is classed as the same.

I have had plenty of experience in both personal and professional with some very close family members suffering it.

However, I wouldnt say MORE suffer with it than dont.. its just its a good thing to talk about... Studies into bipolar suggest that personality is key to if someone suffers in one way or another.. and all I was saying that is a vast amount of bipolar sufferers suffer lack of sex drive, often driven by self loathing and depression.

Cali x"

yes, Cali, you're right regarding the self loathing and self harm.... but I do like sex.... i just can't cum that's all at the present time xx

I know, thats why I was surprised that Cali hadnt come across it in her professional experience

So was i"

Perhaps because I worked with people that had an issue with sex????? however... I have personal experience with a few people with it that dont want to have sex because they think that they are not attractive to others..

I just dont think that there is a link between bipolar and swinging..

Just that its more a personality thing...

Cali x

Cali x"

But many do and when the OP says

'... you see when I am "whizzy" or hyper but I like to say "whizzy" I could have sex with five or ten men in one day and not think anything about it.... I do have this horrendous illness bipolar and there is a link between being insatiable for sex with different people who I do not really know.....'

it suggests to me that this might be related to her illness

hhah how perceptive you are!yes being"whizzy" is definitely related to my bipolar.... "amazing" said the Gruffalo

haha

#

ten out of ten there

oh but there is a link between being bipolar and swinging there is!!!

read up on bipolar..... people who suffer from bipolar like lots and lots of sex whenthey are whizzy

now now let's not fall out about this

Spike Milligan was bipolar and very whizzy at times.... what about Michael Douglas's wife??

"oh but there is a link between being bipolar and swinging there is!!!

read up on bipolar..... people who suffer from bipolar like lots and lots of sex whenthey are whizzy

now now let's not fall out about this

Spike Milligan was bipolar and very whizzy at times.... what about Michael Douglas's wife?? "

I agree completely with what you are saying apart from the link with swinging. If someone is hypersexual it DOESNT make them a swinger

perhaps it doesn't make them hypersexual but have you seen some of the photos on here and the long long verifications.... they make you dizzy as you scroll down..... come on .... some on here will have undiagnosed mental issues..... they will... I've met a few ....... bossy, domineering, some have hurt me emotionally and made me cry..... I've lost over a stone in weight recently but that is antoher matter regarding someone else

and also to do with family issues too

Cali x

But many do and when the OP says

'... you see when I am "whizzy" or hyper but I like to say "whizzy" I could have sex with five or ten men in one day and not think anything about it.... I do have this horrendous illness bipolar and there is a link between being insatiable for sex with different people who I do not really know.....'

it suggests to me that this might be related to her illness"

to the OP ... but she was asking is it related... to her yes it is.. but I am not bipolar and I get hyper about sex.. and could have 15-20 guys every day and not worry..

I know plenty of other greedy girls that arent bipolar... And I am sure if we did a big research project there would be a few bipolar sufferers.. but I dont think that it would cover a large percentage..

Maybe I could do it as a research project

I always argue that I am not sexually addicted... but my psychologist differed in opinion.. so much so I am not allowed to work in an area I really enjoy..

I enjoy sex.. I would happily have sex all day every day.. and I struggle not to put it above anything else... it is my natural high.. and I love it..and if I dont get it I can get moody..

I just while I know that it can happen in bipolar.. think as many suffer with reduced sex drives.. as dont..

Cali x

"perhaps it doesn't make them hypersexual but have you seen some of the photos on here and the long long verifications.... they make you dizzy as you scroll down..... come on .... some on here will have undiagnosed mental issues..... they will... I've met a few ....... bossy, domineering, some have hurt me emotionally and made me cry..... I've lost over a stone in weight recently but that is antoher matter regarding someone else

and also to do with family issues too"

There may be people on here with undiagnosed mental health problems. But are you trying to suggest because someone is sexually active and has met lots of people from the site that they have an undiagnosed mental illness?

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"I had a look through the journals I have access too and can't find any links... Doesn't mean there isn't...

I find many with bipolar have a distinct downside in their sexual appetite... Perhaps you just have a high sex drive naturally... And its normal when you feel good to want sex..

How ever as sex is a natural mood enhancer.. well orgasm is... Then if someone suffers depression then it can help.

However it could be bad for someone with bipolar to swing... As the nsa could cause more issues... But its a complex area.

Cali "

i have to agree... successful swinging needs a thick skin,and a self awareness about what needs are being satisfied, how and why...

i have suffered from sporadic bouts of depression previously...i think NSA would have been one complication too many at those times in my life.

"perhaps it doesn't make them hypersexual but have you seen some of the photos on here and the long long verifications.... they make you dizzy as you scroll down..... come on .... some on here will have undiagnosed mental issues..... they will... I've met a few ....... bossy, domineering, some have hurt me emotionally and made me cry..... I've lost over a stone in weight recently but that is antoher matter regarding someone else

and also to do with family issues too"

But having a high sex drive doesn't make you a swinger, or bipolar. All those things are unconnected, but someone who is bipolar MAY swing, or MAY be hypersexual.

I have a LOT of verifications, but have never had a depressive episode in my life. So being one doesn't make you another. Thats what people on here are trying to say.

"I had a look through the journals I have access too and can't find any links... Doesn't mean there isn't...

Cali

i have to agree... successful swinging needs a thick skin,and a self awareness about what needs are being satisfied, how and why...

i have suffered from sporadic bouts of depression previously...i think NSA would have been one complication too many at those times in my life."

thank you for your openness regarding this thread.... I hope you're feeling much better soon.... however bipolar is very sort of taboo and ... together with mental illness.... not a lot like to get involved....

it is out there though!!! mental illness is now rated about 3rd i think in the most severe of all illnesses inclduing cancer... and I can't remember the others....

but yes, bipolar is here.... it is everywhere but some people choose to hide it under a bushel or whatever they wish for

and talking about bushels.... did you see Darcy bussell on tv this christmas... how elegant she is xxx

see what i mean... my mind wanders off and talks about a million and one or two things haha at once!!!

hexham

But having a high sex drive doesn't make you a swinger, or . All those things are unconnected, but someone who is bipolar MAY swing, or MAY be hypersexual.

I have a LOT of verifications, but have never had a depressive episode in my life. So being one doesn't make you another. Thats what people on here are trying to say."

"

But having a high sex drive doesn't make you a swinger, or bipolar. All those things are unconnected, but someone who is bipolar MAY swing, or MAY be hypersexual.

I have a LOT of verifications, but have never had a depressive episode in my life. So being one doesn't make you another. Thats what people on here are trying to say."

thats what I was trying to say.. can tell that xmas is playing its affect on my abilities to express myself lol

cali

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

not bi polar not depressed,but i might be if i dont have sex this week

Torquay

I think....people read far too much into the swinging lifestyle at times.

hexham

Cali

i have suffered from sporadic bouts of depression previously...i think NSA would have been one complication too many at those times in my life.

thank you for your openness regarding this thread.... I hope you're feeling much better soon.... however bipolar is very sort of taboo and ... together with mental illness.... not a lot like to get involved....

it is out there though!!! mental illness is now rated about 3rd i think in the most severe of all illnesses inclduing cancer... and I can't remember the others....

but yes, bipolar is here.... it is everywhere but some people choose to hide it under a bushel or whatever they wish for

and talking about bushels.... did you see Darcy bussell on tv this christmas... how elegant she is xxx

see what i mean... my mind wanders off and talks about a million and one or two things haha at once!!! "

i've been very open here about my depression previously,but i think you missed my point,i am swinging because i am not depressed...if we are vulnerable we should not put ourselves in risky situations

and how do you feel regarding your showing of your verifications please? I have sex with loads too but don't show them all...... I don't want the world and his wife (or NSA partner) to view my cummings (or not) and goings in and out of bed......

mental illness is a taboo subject.... lots of people on here are undiagnosed.... you cannot make these statements without properly reading into what you're saying here!

bipolar is an illness and I've got it but I am honest and clear to everyone on here that I meet... I tell em and if they don't like it then they don't bother

oh yes

"if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen"

who said that eh???

"not bi polar not depressed,but i might be if i dont have sex this week "

Haha, like Cali I do get grumpy if I don't get a shag but I don't class that as being depressed.

PS get yourself to Isis. It's free for ladies and you can have lots of sex. Cheers me up every time.

"I think....people read far too much into the swinging lifestyle at times.

"

It would help if they actually had a generally accepted understanding of what swinging is to start with.

not having a so called "shag" and being grumpy is a definite sign of depression

definitely you possibly have an undiagnosed form ... perhaps "reactive" depression

mine is "endogenous" it's here always

whether or not Robert de Niro sticks his cock in me or not!

Brad Pitt, George Cluney

depression is there ... endogenous

however many on here have "reactive" depression

think about it

I dont class getting moody from lack of sex ( an hour after) as depressed..

We have lots of sex but cant go to a club as only go with master..

cali

"and how do you feel regarding your showing of your verifications please? I have sex with loads too but don't show them all...... I don't want the world and his wife (or NSA partner) to view my cummings (or not) and goings in and out of bed......

mental illness is a taboo subject.... lots of people on here are undiagnosed.... you cannot make these statements without properly reading into what you're saying here!"

I'm proud of my verifications, and use them to augment my profile. I like to read them from time to time to remember the meets I've had.

As regards to mental illness, you have to have an inkling about it to think you have it. My ex and my best friend suffer from depression, as does my daughter, so I have had enough experience of it to know I don't have it. I also am aware of how manic depression presents (I studied psychology for a while) and am pretty sure I don't have that either.

No doubt some deep digging would expose some daddy issues etc but to be honest, as they do not interfere with my life, and I am geberally happy, I don't think I have anything to be concerned about.

We all know what swinging is..

swinging is having sex with unconnected bods..... but sometimes things go awry and we end up liking them

it's a swinging site for unconnection, unemotional sex

however how can it be.... we all have the human condition and we are all human

some are thick skinned others are thin skinned.... I am of the latter

and I do like a good latte but not with a sex site guy.... i like a latte on my own and then off to Harvey nicks for some rather delectible nix

"not having a so called "shag" and being grumpy is a definite sign of depression"

No, it isn't. Being grumpy is not even in the same ball park as being depressed.

"not having a so called "shag" and being grumpy is a definite sign of depression

definitely you possibly have an undiagnosed form ... perhaps "reactive" depression

Brad Pitt, George Cluney

think about it"

Seriously..... stop spouting shite at people telling them what they are/are not.

*steps back and counts to 10*

"and how do you feel regarding your showing of your verifications please? I have sex with loads too but don't show them all...... I don't want the world and his wife (or NSA partner) to view my cummings (or not) and goings in and out of bed......

mental illness is a taboo subject.... lots of people on here are undiagnosed.... you cannot make these statements without properly reading into what you're saying here!

I'm proud of my verifications, and use them to augment my profile. I like to read them from time to time to remember the meets I've had.

As regards to mental illness, you have to have an inkling about it to think you have it. My ex and my best friend suffer from depression, as does my daughter, so I have had enough experience of it to know I don't have it. I also am aware of how manic depression presents (I studied psychology for a while) and am pretty sure I don't have that either.

No doubt some deep digging would expose some daddy issues etc but to be honest, as they do not interfere with my life, and I am geberally happy, I don't think I have anything to be concerned about."

I am sorry to hear that your daughter suffers from depression

I have two daughters and am quite worried about my eldest one at the moment who is now driving up from Fulham with her two young children... she has been in tears this morning to me wanting "mum please i want a cuddle from you"

yes, you are proud of your verications which is all well and good

I however don't like to reveal all to the others on here as well I just don't

I have been to isis on a few occasions and was once almost "raped" by a so called bifemme but that's in the past now

I hope you're okay and that you will continue to join with the forums along with myself

the bipoloarised Lizzie xxxx

ps I hope your daughter is okay

pps I have a degree in Eng Lit and also I have an ALevel in psychology

xxxx

My daughter is fine thanks. She has a great counseller.

"not having a so called "shag" and being grumpy is a definite sign of depression

Brad Pitt, George Cluney

think about it"

You cant go round making diagnosis of various types of depression on everyone on the site. You have bi-polar, i know others that have bi-polar that know an awful lot about mental health probly more than psyciatrists because they have spent their whole life researching it from the day they where diagnosed. However, i dont know any off these people that are going round trying to insinuate that other people have mental illnesses because they like to shag alot

Brad Pitt, George Cluney

think about it

You cant go round making diagnosis of various types of depression on everyone on the site. You have bi-polar, i know others that have bi-polar that know an awful lot about mental health probly more than psyciatrists because they have spent their whole life researching it from the day they where diagnosed. However, i dont know any off these people that are going round trying to insinuate that other people have mental illnesses because they like to shag alot"

I am merely stating a fact that there is a definite link between bipolar and swinging that's all

I have not diagnosed anyone on here I have merely said that there are different types of depression... reactive, endogenous etc etc

"

pps I have a degree in Eng Lit"

To see a world in a grain of sand

And a heaven in a wild flower,

Hold infinity in the palm of your hand

And eternity in an hour.

;)

"My daughter is fine thanks. She has a great counseller."

I am pleased regarding this news... I am very worried about my eldest daughter now who is currently driving up from Fulham to Leeds

"

pps I have a degree in Eng Lit

And eternity in an hour.

;)"

yes, a wonderful quote many thanks

and if we could see the world in a grain of sand wouldn't that be amazing??

"

I am merely stating a fact that there is a definite link between bipolar and swinging that's all

"

Fact?

Fact?

Torquay

"

pps I have a degree in Eng Lit

And eternity in an hour.

;)"

The girl stood on the old stone bridge

Her legs were all a quiver

She gave a cough her leg fell off

And floated down the river

"

Fact?

Fact?

"

in my opinion, there is a definite link that's all

"I am merely stating a fact that there is a definite link between bipolar and swinging that's all

I have not diagnosed anyone on here I have merely said that there are different types of depression... reactive, endogenous etc etc"

It's not a fact, it's an opinion. You have to have links to medical studies for it to be a fact. Also you have kind of intimated that I have a MI because I meet a lot. You use definite statements about people when you don't actually know anything about us at all. I understand your concern, but whatever YOU think, I do not have a mental illness.

I personally think all mankind suffers from some sort of mental imbalance just to differing degrees

Depression,autism,and paranoia amongst others

We have all had our problems and those taht say they haven't have either forgot the time they have had or are in complete denial

These things connected to swinging??

Doubt it its just that swinging is done by everyday folk and as i said everyday folk have there problems

Having suffered sever depression a couple of times in my life and also OCD (still think that should be CDO)

And have autistic people in my family i can honestly say that i dont think there is any connection between mental difficulties and the desire to swing

By *4FantasyCouple  over a year ago

Spalding

This thread makes me feel a tad uncomfortable as I feel that swinging might not necessarily be the right forum for the OP.

Kazxx

"I personally think all mankind suffers from some sort of mental imbalance just to differing degrees

We have all had our problems and those taht say they haven't have either forgot the time they have had or are in complete denial

Doubt it its just that swinging is done by everyday folk and as i said everyday folk have there problems

Having suffered sever depression a couple of times in my life and also OCD (still think that should be CDO)

And have autistic people in my family i can honestly say that i dont think there is any connection between mental difficulties and the desire to swing"

hello Soapy

I am sorry to hear that you have suffered bouts of depression and also OCD

that isn't nice but i am hoping you are getting better now

why do we call it "the scene" then... because it's taboo... swinging I mean?

"

"

but there isnt a definate link between it...not even a slight link... even sex addicts dont all become swingers..

I would say that perhaps you want there to be a link to make you feel a little happier... but you just do swinging because its the right thing for you.

To be fair.. I just happen to use swinging sites as its easier to find people looking for sex..I wouldnt really class myself as a swinger..

now I do like the social side..but mostly with people I will never play with..

Cali x

I don't know that much about mental illness as I don't work in that specific field, but have attended seminars given by psychiatrists on how to deal with mental illness in patients. One of the common traits when a sufferer enters a psychotic episode is increased sexual behaviour and lack of inhibitions. One cannot say all sufferers will display this tendency.

Swingers are not, as a whole, bipolar sufferers though some will be, as in any cross section of society. Kinda raises the issue of responsibility though doesn't it.

"This thread makes me feel a tad uncomfortable as I feel that swinging might not necessarily be the right forum for the OP.

Kazxx"

I have been swinging for 2 years now and have good and bad meets don't we al;

"

Fact?

Fact?

in my opinion, there is a definite link that's all"

An opinion plucked from the air is different to stating a 'fact'.

Though I have come to realise this is one of those self fulfilling prophecy threads…….. coz I’m getting more depressed by the minute.

Torquay

"This thread makes me feel a tad uncomfortable as I feel that swinging might not necessarily be the right forum for the OP.

Kazxx

I have been swinging for 2 years now and have good and bad meets don't we al;"

No.....no bad meets here

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

I do NOT have any mental issue's. I do NOT have bipolar and Yes I like sex.

In my opinion the 2 are not connected.

glad to hear you've had good meets

"I personally think all mankind suffers from some sort of mental imbalance just to differing degrees

And have autistic people in my family i can honestly say that i dont think there is any connection between mental difficulties and the desire to swing

hello Soapy

why do we call it "the scene" then... because it's taboo... swinging I mean? "

Getting better?? ive been ok fa ages thanks lol

The OCD has calmed over the years too xx

hello Soapy

why do we call it "the scene" then... because it's taboo... swinging I mean?

Getting better?? ive been ok fa ages thanks lol

The OCD has calmed over the years too xx "

I am pleased you're now on the mend Soapy.... ooh what a nice name soapy is xx

"

I am pleased you're now on the mend Soapy.... ooh what a nice name soapy is xx"

I was Swingmates (couple) last time you were here remember??

"

Fact?

Fact?

in my opinion, there is a definite link that's all

An opinion plucked from the air is different to stating a 'fact'.

Though I have come to realise this is one of those self fulfilling prophecy threads…….. coz I’m getting more depressed by the minute."

+1

cheer up it's nearly summer!

"

I was Swingmates (couple) last time you were here remember?? "

nope don't recall I have a bad mem too xxx but I do get a load of messages as well most are silhouettes and possibly fake profiles anyway... had a few men pretending to be women before xxx

"

nope don't recall I have a bad mem too xxx but I do get a load of messages as well most are silhouettes and possibly fake profiles anyway... had a few men pretending to be women before xxx"

Lol i never mailed you just used to follow your threads lol xx

"

nope don't recall I have a bad mem too xxx but I do get a load of messages as well most are silhouettes and possibly fake profiles anyway... had a few men pretending to be women before xxx

Lol i never mailed you just used to follow your threads lol xx"

my threads? I have only recently discovered this "erm.... new place" ie the forums... do you mean you followed "my current status"

Soapy is a stalker, Soapy is a stalker........*sniggers*

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"

my threads? I have only recently discovered this "erm.... new place" ie the forums... do you mean you followed "my current status"

"

you have been on here before...i remember ya...you said your memory was crap remember!

"

"

Aye whateva xx

Kazxx"

I agree. Sorry but if I read it correctly the OP is saying that she 'thinks' that she is up for lots of sex with lots of guys because she has a mental condition - therefore the men who meet her are taking advantage (without knowing) of her and her condition

Kazxx

I agree. Sorry but if I read it correctly the OP is saying that she 'thinks' that she is up for lots of sex with lots of guys because she has a mental condition - therefore the men who meet her are taking advantage (without knowing) of her and her condition "

am I am OP... i will be in 6 years.I will be an OAP.... haha

"

"

What you mean is you have only just come back on the forums. Whats this about 4 times youve come back now and going over and over the same subjects each time you "reappear".

"

I've been on this site about 18 months but keep deleting as get fed up

What you mean is you have only just come back on the forums. Whats this about 4 times youve come back now and going over and over the same subjects each time you "reappear"."

By *4FantasyCouple  over a year ago

Spalding

Kazxx

I agree. Sorry but if I read it correctly the OP is saying that she 'thinks' that she is up for lots of sex with lots of guys because she has a mental condition - therefore the men who meet her are taking advantage (without knowing) of her and her condition

am I am OP... i will be in 6 years.I will be an OAP.... haha

"

OP.. you are talking nonsense

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

Kazxx"

Totally....and for someone who won't show veris cos she doesn't like to reveal all......you're telling an awful lot of personal issues to an awful lot of people

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

I met one guy who was diagnosed bipolar, who was a perfect 'pest' to me and other women.

He was abusive, threatening and altogether not a nice guy. I would not use the word wizzy about him

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

I'm extremely intelligent and a swinger.

Does that mean I am bi-polar?

NO

"I'm extremely intelligent and a swinger.

NO"

Nope ya just a plain nutter xx

Cyprus

NO

Nope ya just a plain nutter xx"

And long may I be so!!

NO

Nope ya just a plain nutter xx

And long may I be so!! "

*twitch*

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

I have been in the Arctic Circle ( what a clique that is lol ) but have yet to go to Antartica, probably never will , sigh.

So not quite bi-polar.

I'm a single guy so maybe I'm not a real swinger but I find that episodes of depression leave me with a much reduced sex drive, which I think leans towards what Cali says her experience leads her to believe.

The op began by asking a question and then said there is definitely a link between Bi Polar and swinging.I don't feel there is though it doesn't mean you can't be both.

(should I list my degrees and A Levels now?)

Well I am pretty sure creative people are more likely to be swingers? There is that old argument of there being a fine line between genius and madness also. Who is to say what is 'mad' 'normal'. We are who we are and all have different drives, histories and presents.

Cyprus

"

(should I list my degrees and A Levels now?)"

Only if I can list mine

"I'm a single guy so maybe I'm not a real swinger but I find that episodes of depression leave me with a much reduced sex drive, which I think leans towards what Cali says her experience leads her to believe.

The op began by asking a question and then said there is definitely a link between Bi Polar and swinging.I don't feel there is though it doesn't mean you can't be both.

(should I list my degrees and A Levels now?)"

yes please list your A levels and your degree level please

sarcasm is the lowest form of wit don't you know!!!

Exhausted reading this, the biggest load of nonsense I've probably ever read on here.

And having said that, I have respect for those with genuine mental and psychological issues, all the very best to them.

NO"

no it doesn't mean that you have bipolar

oh by the way,

sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

Bradford

Or vice versa.

I find extended periods without sex leads to depression. Of a sort.

really! well you should try having sex as much as me then haha

and I am still bipolarised!

think Spike Milligan on Q

and then again think Spike Milligan and his beautiful poetry

for example

There is no link between qualifications and common sense

"I'm a single guy so maybe I'm not a real swinger but I find that episodes of depression leave me with a much reduced sex drive, which I think leans towards what Cali says her experience leads her to believe.

(should I list my degrees and A Levels now?)

yes please list your A levels and your degree level please

sarcasm is the lowest form of wit don't you know!!!"

Upper Second and a Masters but to be honest it's not really the point.

You begin by asking a question and end by trying to state a theory. One that just doesn't really stand scrutiny.

My experience of mental illness tells me there isn't a link. I respect your right to say otherwise but it doesn't make it a fact.

NO

no it doesn't mean that you have bipolar

"

Well at least we've got you to admit that at last!

Bradford

"really! well you should try having sex as much as me then haha

and I am still bipolarised!

think Spike Milligan on Q

and then again think Spike Milligan and his beautiful poetry

for example"

think Spike MIllgan on Quaaludes

Disclaimer : Not suggesting he ever did mind you.

no but think Spike Milligan and his poetry and how he stayed up all night writing the scripts for the Goons!

whereas the other members hadn't a clue

but Spike did and used to end up in hospital because he was worried he wouldn't have the script completed in time

but Spike did suffer with bipolar also

there is no need for sarcasm as I have said previously, it is the lowest form of wit there can possibly be

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

My God I now have a bloody headache!!!

I happen to find sarcasm is actually a high form of wit, as you have to explain it to some people.....Lost in translation as this whole thread appears to be

"I think....people read far too much into the swinging lifestyle at times.

"

yes i think you right x The op say I do like sex.... i just can't cum that's all at the present time xx maybe if you did cum and it was better sex you may feel diffrent .... I know there crap sex and good sex and out of this world sex ... sex for days after , You still have a smile on your face .

Torquay

" "

Confused?......me too

"no but think Spike Milligan and his poetry and how he stayed up all night writing the scripts for the Goons!

but Spike did and used to end up in hospital because he was worried he wouldn't have the script completed in time

"

Peter Sellers also suffered from manic depression, and also wrote for the Goons.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

stephen Fry has Bi polar..he didnt write for the goons

Beat you all to it

I got an honours in anal

and a degree in bullshit

both not at the same time may i add

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Confused?......me too

"

More goggle eyed

Bradford

I really cannot cum at the present time, i'm on my phone in a Sainsbury's cafe.

Meg Ryan i am not.

"stephen Fry has Bi polar..he didnt write for the goons "

But does he have a clue?

Torquay

"no but think Spike Milligan and his poetry and how he stayed up all night writing the scripts for the Goons!

Peter Sellers also suffered from manic depression, and also wrote for the Goons."

Serge Danot....who created The Magic Roundabout was also a sufferer of depression...

'Boing said Zeberdee'......

Peter Sellers also suffered from manic depression, and also wrote for the Goons.

Serge Danot....who created The Magic Roundabout was also a sufferer of depression...

'Boing said Zeberdee'......"

aye mainly caused by copious amounts of LSD and pmsl xx

"'Boing said Zeberdee'......"

'Time for bed' said Florence.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Kazxx"

Have to agree in all honesty, its like watching a car crash and its been that way for several days now...

No qualifications in the bipolar field but common sense would indicate this is probably not the right medium for anyone with such issue's..

Whilst the OP may get some support and advice from the good people on here who are in the Mental Health 'field', there will also be a negative comeback and how helpfull is that for someone with bipolar?

Do we know at all whether any of the members of The Goons were swingers?

It could yet cast new light on this debate.

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Maybe time to shut this one now.