FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > TV Highlights what have been yours ?

TV Highlights what have been yours ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

For me has to be last night 9.O.clock channel 4 Great Expectations i loved it ... and the cast , Thay really could not have picked better people to play the parts ... I felt like i was there . 2nd part tonight xx 5***** from me.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The Gruffalos Child on BBC 1 on Xmas Day, great adaptations of the children's book. Other than that I have been a bit disappointed in the tv over Xmas. This is England 88 before Xmas was good.

"For me has to be last night 9.O.clock channel 4 Great Expectations i loved it ... and the cast , Thay really could not have picked better people to play the parts ... I felt like i was there . 2nd part tonight xx 5***** from me."

Stunning... Hope to see the rest...

But for me, the highlight has to be the Tosca just before Christmas which was truly sublime....*Sigh*

Haven't really had the tv on except for the last ep of boardwalk empire..that was a shock.didn't see that coming

the thing that has made me laugh the most was on nothing to declare. they couldnt convince this woman that sweets and dates were food. they gave up after 20mins of trying.

the best christmas thing was young henry fantastic story with a real twist

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

The X Factor.............

FINISHING!!!!!

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"For me has to be last night 9.O.clock channel 4 Great Expectations i loved it ... and the cast , Thay really could not have picked better people to play the parts ... I felt like i was there . 2nd part tonight xx 5***** from me."

Just in case people are looking for it again tonight you'd be better looking on BBC1 at 9pm and not Channel 4

match of the day on boxing day.

oh how i missed it

"For me has to be last night 9.O.clock channel 4 Great Expectations i loved it ... and the cast , Thay really could not have picked better people to play the parts ... I felt like i was there . 2nd part tonight xx 5***** from me.

Just in case people are looking for it again tonight you'd be better looking on BBC1 at 9pm and not Channel 4"

lol well its on normal Tv at 9 xx

all i know is i'm sick of seeing andre rieu !

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Mrs Browns Boys, why the feck did I end of crying

Orphan Pip becomes a gentleman when his life is transformed by a mystery benefactor. ooo PIP IS JUST SO LOVELY MMMMM XX BBC 1 . not sure why i was thinking 4 , lol

I'm hoping Top Gear tonight at 8 on BBC2 should do it, so far nothing on the TV over Christmas has made me want to tune in.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Ice Road Truckers!

By *toneblueMan  over a year ago

Southampton

For me it didn't quite make it, some of the casting and performances were spot on but others lacked a little in my opinion; young Pip didn't seem terrified enough of Magwitch, older Pip looked more public school facially than blacksmith's apprentice, Joe could've been a bit warmer as well. Not the actor's fault, more the direction I'd say. Also I can't remember any of the music - so that must have been pretty bland, which is a shame as it can add so much.

I'll be watching the rest though, I am enjoying it as the rest probably makes up for the failings.

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

"I'm hoping Top Gear tonight at 8 on BBC2 should do it, so far nothing on the TV over Christmas has made me want to tune in. "
i agree they always make me smile

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

Highlights for the year for me have been

The Event

Sons Of Anarchy

and a couple of one off dramas have been pretty good. Too much reality TV crap as always.

Southampton

Forgot to say, apart from G.E. there was abolutely sod all on I wanted to watch, so I had to bloody well 'talk' to people...bah!

"For me has to be last night 9.O.clock channel 4 Great Expectations i loved it ... and the cast , Thay really could not have picked better people to play the parts ... I felt like i was there . 2nd part tonight xx 5***** from me.

For me it didn't quite make it, some of the casting and performances were spot on but others lacked a little in my opinion; young Pip didn't seem terrified enough of Magwitch, older Pip looked more public school facially than blacksmith's apprentice, Joe could've been a bit warmer as well. Not the actor's fault, more the direction I'd say. Also I can't remember any of the music - so that must have been pretty bland, which is a shame as it can add so much.

I'll be watching the rest though, I am enjoying it as the rest probably makes up for the failings."

I just love Miss Havisham

Gillian Anderson spot on in my eyes x

Southampton

I'll be watching the rest though, I am enjoying it as the rest probably makes up for the failings. I just love Miss Havisham

Gillian Anderson spot on in my eyes x"

Oh yes, she was perfect for it. Though I do fancy her, so I am biased.

pressing the "off" button

"pressing the "off" button "
well you dont know what your missing xx

Ice Age, though I did watch a good film on Monday night but working and being ill stopped me from seeing much else

By *ombshellWoman  over a year ago

islington

thought tv this year was pretty crap with the usual repeats but must agree Great Expectations did have me compelled to watch it to the end

I have recorded 'Great Expectations' but it does look rather good. Other than that, I've only switched on for the 'Doctor Who' special...which was ok

Films I caught, best one was 'Bronson' followed closely by 'The Cement Garden'

I don't watch tv at all when i'm home, just naturally drifted away from it years ago..mostly listen 2 radio these days, but when i'm staying with friends or family i do. Stayed with family over xmas, tv was mostly a diet of Gavin & Stacy, Come dine with me, also a few golden oldies such as The Sweeney and The Professionals.

has to have been mrs browns boys on bbc1 on boxing day

just so hilarious i had tears streaming down ma face love it heres to the new series lol

"I don't watch tv at all when i'm home, just naturally drifted away from it years ago..mostly listen 2 radio these days, but when i'm staying with friends or family i do. Stayed with family over xmas, tv was mostly a diet of Gavin & Stacy, Come dine with me, also a few golden oldies such as The Sweeney and The Professionals."

can't beat the professionals best cop show ever made and it had the iconic ford capri's

By *r-MissCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

Great expectations was wonderful last night, well done BBC, do have to agree that the older Pip did look a bit look public school boy for the role, but have to wait and watch the rest tonight.

Loved Shaun Dooley as Joe (miss).

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

Not seen much TV,

but did watch Clint Eastwoods Every which way you can on boxing day.

Right turn Clyde.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

".......... a few golden oldies such as The Sweeney and The Professionals."

I`ve been enjoying a few of those too!

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Im not a big television fan anyway, but from what i have seen, its been dire

Don't watch tv since I got the net,it's crap anyway!

But what was right up there for me was attenburghs frozen planet series on i player.

Breathtaking stuff!!!

Funny as a kid knew and mimiced the theme tunes but the shows themselves went clean over me head, but they kept me glued 2 the screen

Forum Mod

I hav'nt watched a single thing all the way through but I don't really watch much anyway

Mrs browns boys was good, havnt seen it before. Eastenders was good, dont usualy watch it.

1 thing did try and watch..honest i really really did try, 4 a full 30-40 seconds i tried..Made in Essex..or is that Chelsea? Whatever

» Add a new message to this topic