FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What do I get

What do I get

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

for my 32 % income tax deductions ?

I recognise I am privileged and lucky to be in employment at this difficult economic time, and that I am in good enough health to be able to work, but just had one of them 'stark reality' moments where I've just calculated what I have deducted from my wages annually and was shocked that it was knocking 32 % of my gross earnings.

In addition to which I am paying council tax, VAT at a recently inflated rate and god only knows what other 'hidden' taxes we incur throughout the year.

So out of a gross income, I probably see 50-55% of it to live off and make ends meet.

So the question is, do I become a 'doley' or do I simply move to a tax haven ? (I believe the Caymans are lovely this time of year, though the skiing is better in Liechtenstein)

Or do I just shut the fuck up moaning ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

and then they wonder why we have civil unrest !! the few paying for the many.

go with the latter mate, I know what ya mean though, we've struggled the past couple of months trying to pay the mortgage on time, which we havn't managed to do, then theres my sister who can afford a family trip to florida every year and doesnt work, gets my fecking back up that

77% of income goes in taxes either direct or indirect

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

Better SCUBA diving in the Caymans ........................ see you when you visit

Historically, taxes are raised to finance wars... Oh how times change...

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

We pay taxes on everything and anything they prob soon add tax to having sex!

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"for my 32 % income tax deductions ?

I recognise I am privileged and lucky to be in employment at this difficult economic time, and that I am in good enough health to be able to work, but just had one of them 'stark reality' moments where I've just calculated what I have deducted from my wages annually and was shocked that it was knocking 32 % of my gross earnings.

In addition to which I am paying council tax, VAT at a recently inflated rate and god only knows what other 'hidden' taxes we incur throughout the year.

So out of a gross income, I probably see 50-55% of it to live off and make ends meet.

So the question is, do I become a 'doley' or do I simply move to a tax haven ? (I believe the Caymans are lovely this time of year, though the skiing is better in Liechtenstein)

Or do I just shut the fuck up moaning ? "

Nurses,doctors,teachers,meals on wheels,home helps,bin men,road gritters,social workers, day centers for the disabled,firemen,the coast guard, the army,the navy, the air force, the libary service,road sweepers, town planning,the nhs,emergency dental care,drug treatment centers,ceops,the police in general, therapy for abused children, support for victims of crime,the mental health worker who spent christmas eve finding a hostel place for a battered wife,respite foster care,Dla,sure start,......

And before anyone say some of these are local govt,the precept from national govt makes up the difference between council tax and what local govt actually needs,hence the current massive cuts in services

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

"

Nurses,doctors,teachers,meals on wheels,home helps,bin men,road gritters,social workers, day centers for the disabled,firemen,the coast guard, the army,the navy, the air force, the libary service,road sweepers, town planning,the nhs,emergency dental care,drug treatment centers,ceops,the police in general, therapy for abused children, support for victims of crime,the mental health worker who spent christmas eve finding a hostel place for a battered wife,respite foster care,Dla,sure start,......

And before anyone say some of these are local govt,the precept from national govt makes up the difference between council tax and what local govt actually needs,hence the current massive cuts in services "

Not sure of the point here. Just about everything in your list there, is required by a civilised society or it will collapse completely into anarchy.

However the biggest outlay of the government makes all of these pale into insignificance. The biggest outlay by far percentage wise is on the welfare state. That is social security handouts. Not the NHS,not the police or the armed forces or firement.

Just money down the drain keeping people on benefits. Any long term benefit claimant should be made to work for the local council doing work to earn those benefits. Don't turn up at the appointed time, your benefit is stopped until you do!

"77% of income goes in taxes either direct or indirect"

I reckon that is more accurate than 50-55%. Don't forget fuel duty on everything, including train and bus fares, goods in shops. Road Tax. Business rates passed on to customer. So even spending our money adds to our tax burden.

And even worse if you don't get some back through child allowance or tax credit for a family.

direct tax=income tax ,,indirect = fuel ,council.tax on some food..luxeries telly,vat, car tax ,the list is endless

I'm having to sell my home next year cos I realize if I don't, some fucker else will, for a song.

It's upsetting knowing that there is no help out there... unless I was paying a fortune on rent, and sitting on my arse most days... come to think of it I do sit on my arse most days.. but ya know what I mean.

Can I just say though, I really DON'T begrudge people getting help who need it, I just wish the govt realized we ALL need it sometimes

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

"

And before anyone say some of these are local govt,the precept from national govt makes up the difference between council tax and what local govt actually needs,hence the current massive cuts in services

Not sure of the point here. Just about everything in your list there, is required by a civilised society or it will collapse completely into anarchy.

However the biggest outlay of the government makes all of these pale into insignificance. The biggest outlay by far percentage wise is on the welfare state. That is social security handouts. Not the NHS,not the police or the armed forces or firement.

Just money down the drain keeping people on benefits. Any long term benefit claimant should be made to work for the local council doing work to earn those benefits. Don't turn up at the appointed time, your benefit is stopped until you do!"

does that mean kids need to work for child beneit - i have a chimney needs sweeping

» Add a new message to this topic