FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How can i get the smell of sick out of a carpet?

How can i get the smell of sick out of a carpet?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I own holiday homes and rent them out people in over xmas was sick in four-poster bed room on the carpet ... we only found out yesterday when cleners in and last night people who are just in for new year come around saying can smell it still ........ then only was saying her job is

fragrance Research.

Initially I filled a bucket with warm water and liquid cleaner in my carpet cleaner and cleaned it using that and kitchen roll.

I sprayed it with disinfectant.

It's still very whiffy, what can I use to get rid of the smell?

I've heard of using bicarbonate of soda or baking soda, something like that but what do you do with it?

HELP ................

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

biological washing powder in cold water I have just read , dont use hot water mind has to be cold .

Professional steam clean... Or the bacteria will re-breed and youll never get rid of the smell...;-);-)

not sure if you can fully.

sick is stomach acid and enzymes.. extremely hard.. contact a carpet cleaner for advice or check out a carpet or general cleaning forum like "clean it up"

By *oodnvampCouple  over a year ago

beverley

I agree with the bio washing powder. I used bio wash powder with a vax twice for good measure and it worked a treat.

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

You can buy a product from pet shops called Simple Solution. Use the one designed for cat urine. Works really well.

I used it last new year when I drank too much and threw up on the sofa and carpet!!

my son was sick cream carpet ,got rid of the stain and smell with vanish spray.

bi carb and jif lemon works every time the bicarb breaks it down and the lemon gets rid of the smell lemon is also good at getting white silk back to white again but only use luke warm water or cold water hot water breaks down the lemon

By *arnaclebillMan  over a year ago

Robin Hood County

"I own holiday homes and rent them out people in over xmas was sick in four-poster bed room on the carpet ... we only found out yesterday when cleners in and last night people who are just in for new year come around saying can smell it still ........ then only was saying her job is

fragrance Research.

Initially I filled a bucket with warm water and liquid cleaner in my carpet cleaner and cleaned it using that and kitchen roll.

I've heard of using bicarbonate of soda or baking soda, something like that but what do you do with it?

HELP ................

"

Reminds me of an old joke - How do you get rid of flies in your Kitchen - put a bucket of shit in your living room

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"I own holiday homes and rent them out people in over xmas was sick in four-poster bed room on the carpet ... we only found out yesterday when cleners in and last night people who are just in for new year come around saying can smell it still ........ then only was saying her job is

Research.

HELP ................

"

sprinkle the bicarb over...rub with damp nail brush so u work into the carpet, leave to dry hoover up...

worked for baby sick really well.

Can i get a reduction on a holiday let

Try a diluted solution of Milton sterilising liquid, it seems to takeaway smells rather than just masking them which a lot of other things do.

By *orkieMan  over a year ago

Who knows

[Removed by poster at 29/12/11 14:14:25]

Who knows

fragrance Research.

HELP ................

"

Halfords Car Plan upholstery cleaner.... gets rid of embarrassing stains n smells

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

"

Halfords Car Plan upholstery cleaner.... gets rid of embarrassing stains n smells "

Won't ask

fragrance Research.

HELP ................

"

ur far to practical jo

mrs bus would have already ordered the new carpet and a full re-decoration of the room by now !

Who knows

"

Halfords Car Plan upholstery cleaner.... gets rid of embarrassing stains n smells

Wasnt embarrassing for me.. just the person who caused it... and it aint what ya think

Won't ask"

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

"

Wasnt embarrassing for me.. just the person who caused it... and it aint what ya think

Won't ask"

You know how my mind works

fragrance Research.

HELP ................

"

Yes baking soda neutralises niffs!

fragrance Research.

HELP ................

ur far to practical jo

mrs bus would have already ordered the new carpet and a full re-decoration of the room by now !"

strange you saying that the lady in there whos renting say maybe will be new carpet. Thay are only just over a year old wool cream carpets , Today I hired the Rug Doctor from Tescos .. she is coming around later telling me if it still smell i have given it a good go over ......... no telling . Me having flu for weeks i cant smell . I said will go around do it again tomorrow .. Backing soda next , lol i am not giving up that easy . If i get new carpets be weeks if matching others .

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive got some apple cider vinegar you could try

By *issdWoman  over a year ago

hull

if this happens spray the sick with shaving foam that lifts the sick from the carpet as it foams so you dont scrub the sick into the carpet then just scope the foam up and clean underneath with warm not hot water xxx

"if this happens spray the sick with shaving foam that lifts the sick from the carpet as it foams so you dont scrub the sick into the carpet then just scope the foam up and clean underneath with warm not hot water xxx"
wow the things i learn on fab xx tell you if it dont go ... i am giving everything a go , lol

By *issNaughtyxxxWoman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"bi carb and jif lemon works every time the bicarb breaks it down and the lemon gets rid of the smell lemon is also good at getting white silk back to white again but only use luke warm water or cold water hot water breaks down the lemon"

my mum swears by this every time someone is sick. Hope it goes well for you.

"bi carb and jif lemon works every time the bicarb breaks it down and the lemon gets rid of the smell lemon is also good at getting white silk back to white again but only use luke warm water or cold water hot water breaks down the lemon

my mum swears by this every time someone is sick. Hope it goes well for you."

well tomorrow i am giving this ago ..... john s been around and lady say she thinks she can still can smell it ..... may now be in her mind , wish i could smell but its gone still ... flu thing and not back .. my cleaners here tomorrow i am sending her around .. I give it a real going over today with Rug doctor and put 4 times the stuff in thay said too .. xxx xx

Lemon juice!

Clean it first of course with some disinfectant or whatever you use then rub in some lemon juice, leave it a couple of days then wash it off

Its one of my grans tricks for removing any smells and it seems to work, you can smell lemon for a while after but its better than smelling sick and i quite like the smell of lemons, you can just say its your new air freshner lol

if all else fail hire an industrial ozone generator, these work by speeding up the oxidation.

My house had a 40 a day smoker with the windows shut and it got rid of that smell.

Just squirt some lemon juice up the Nose of the bitch that keeps complaining about it... job done..

"if all else fail hire an industrial ozone generator, these work by speeding up the oxidation.

My house had a 40 a day smoker with the windows shut and it got rid of that smell."

Thay easy to find and hire ? never seen one ?

sprinkle bicarbonate of soda over it, leave for 30 mins and Hoover off. Then mix bicarbonate of soda with lemon juice in hot water and spray room.

"sprinkle bicarbonate of soda over it, leave for 30 mins and Hoover off. Then mix bicarbonate of soda with lemon juice in hot water and spray room. "
tomorrow if she say still smell i am going to do this x x

"if all else fail hire an industrial ozone generator, these work by speeding up the oxidation.

My house had a 40 a day smoker with the windows shut and it got rid of that smell.Thay easy to find and hire ? never seen one ?"

Yes most good tool hire place do them.

If all above fail, my ex used to be a pro carpet cleaner and used to use a product called Sanex made by Prochem, it is used quite often in nursing homes, it's not cheap but is sure to do the trick, you should be able to get it from carpet cleaning suppliers, look it up online for details

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

Where the hell is the Shake n Vac woman when you need her, eh?

My son did that, it was so bad that it went through the carpet onto the floor so I replaced the carpet with brand new

» Add a new message to this topic