FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How do you stop the breeders (part 2)

How do you stop the breeders (part 2)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he_original_polo OP   Woman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

" The OP was referring to those who have never and have no intention in working....EVER!!

"

nope the op was once more at the wind up.

although she does seem,to prefer playing devils advocate,decrying the weakest in society. "

If second guessing is an art form, sorry to say you won’t be winning the Turner Prize for this one.

I think I’ve been pretty consistent on this subject over the years.

I don’t believe churning out babies and expecting society to foot the bill as a lifestyle choice should be an option for anyone who has no intention of ever doing an honest days work in their life…. yet the people I refer to obvious do think it is an ‘option’, a choice, a right.

“Decrying the weakest in society” you say…… really? You’ll have to trust me that on this occasion this is not my intention, as I do not for one nano-second think of these parasites as weak.

To me the weakest in society are those who find themselves needing the support of the welfare system through redundancy, ill health, relationship breakdown and are constantly hitting bureaucratic brick walls…. those who haven’t made it their vocation to learn how to screw the system and milk it for every penny they have never contributed to it.

I do realise it is Society which created the monster… a monster which thinks ‘choosing’ not to work is an option. “I’d be worse off if I went to work”… and said in a tone which implies it is their god given right to make that choice. So what do they do instead?..... they squeeze out another sprog and upgrade their Sky package.

The ones which make me fucking laugh the most are those who start spouting ’the laws of nature’ and ‘natural rights’ to justify their irresponsible breeding habits. Of course their references to ‘nature’ are very selective as nature has a way of dealing with off-spring which cannot be provided for….. these people don’t want to talk about what is ‘natures way’ when it comes to what gets paid into their Giro account.

And before someone decides to twist that one out of context… NO… I am not saying their children should be left to die.

This is the quandary. We, Society, have created what I see as a ‘catch 22’ in creating a welfare system where some believe wholeheartedly they have the right to choose if they should contribute or not, if they should provide for their family or not…. that someone else should foot the bill for their irresponsible actions.

I refer back to my opening post……. “How do you penalise the irresponsible without penalising the innocent?”

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *athnBobCouple  over a year ago

sandwell

"I refer back to my opening post……. “How do you penalise the irresponsible without penalising the innocent?”"

After 6 months

Food and clothing vouchers, rent paid direct to landlord and a bus pass.

£5 per week 'pocket money' should be the only cash that is seen.

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

""I refer back to my opening post……. “How do you penalise the irresponsible without penalising the innocent?”"

After 6 months

£5 per week 'pocket money' should be the only cash that is seen."

that sounds a good idea but one of the main reasons i work is to keep a roof over my head

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

" The OP was referring to those who have never and have no intention in working....EVER!!

"

although she does seem,to prefer playing devils advocate,decrying the weakest in society.

If second guessing is an art form, sorry to say you won’t be winning the Turner Prize for this one.

I don’t believe churning out babies and expecting society to foot the bill as a lifestyle choice should be an option for anyone who has no intention of ever doing an honest days work in their life…. yet the people I refer to obvious do think it is an ‘option’, a choice, a right.

“Decrying the weakest in society” you say…… really? You’ll have to trust me that on this occasion this is not my intention, as I do not for one nano-second think of these parasites as weak.

To me the weakest in society are those who find themselves needing the support of the welfare system through redundancy, ill health, relationship breakdown and are constantly hitting bureaucratic brick walls…. those who haven’t made it their vocation to learn how to screw the system and milk it for every penny they have never contributed to it.

I do realise it is Society which created the monster… a monster which thinks ‘choosing’ not to work is an option. “I’d be worse off if I went to work”… and said in a tone which implies it is their god given right to make that choice. So what do they do instead?..... they squeeze out another sprog and upgrade their Sky package.

The ones which make me fucking laugh the most are those who start spouting ’the laws of nature’ and ‘natural rights’ to justify their irresponsible breeding habits. Of course their references to ‘nature’ are very selective as nature has a way of dealing with off-spring which cannot be provided for….. these people don’t want to talk about what is ‘natures way’ when it comes to what gets paid into their Giro account.

And before someone decides to twist that one out of context… NO… I am not saying their children should be left to die.

This is the quandary. We, Society, have created what I see as a ‘catch 22’ in creating a welfare system where some believe wholeheartedly they have the right to choose if they should contribute or not, if they should provide for their family or not…. that someone else should foot the bill for their irresponsible actions.

I refer back to my opening post……. “How do you penalise the irresponsible without penalising the innocent?”

"

Why would you want to start such a forum post on a swingers site?

""I refer back to my opening post……. “How do you penalise the irresponsible without penalising the innocent?”"

After 6 months

£5 per week 'pocket money' should be the only cash that is seen. that sounds a good idea but one of the main reasons i work is to keep a roof

over my head "

Vouchers won't work, my local corner shop has a sign up saying he accepts milk tokens for cigarettes and alcohol to to a lower value of what there worth!

Surely this is illegal?

"

Why would you want to start such a forum post on a swingers site? "

Hear Hear some one with a bit of Savvy wrong place for such a sensitive subject.

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

" Vouchers won't work, my local corner shop has a sign up saying he accepts milk tokens for cigarettes and alcohol to to a lower value of what there worth!

Surely this is illegal? "

So report him

Blackpool

" Vouchers won't work, my local corner shop has a sign up saying he accepts milk tokens for cigarettes and alcohol to to a lower value of what there worth!

Surely this is illegal?

So report him"

well said we have a simular corner shop here that i hear will serve anyone at anytime with booze hes getting reported as well

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

[Removed by poster at 30/12/11 11:43:49]

King's Crustacean

"

although she does seem,to prefer playing devils advocate,decrying the weakest in society.

Why would you want to question why a forum user would start such a forum post on a swingers site ?

"

because it is what is says on the tin....a forum

albeit a swingers forum i think you may have gathered that people dont just want to talk about sex

King's Crustacean

"

Hear Hear some one with a bit of Savvy wrong place for such a sensitive subject.

"

I disgaree. There are people reading and responding - including yourself.

I agree with the majority of what the OP says.

"

albeit a swingers forum i think you may have gathered that people dont just want to talk about sex "

Then they should be on Facebook LOL

Here's a thought take away the welfare system , sit back and watch or wait for the trouble to hit every neighbourhood in the uk, robbing looting murder mayhem,this is definatley not a pot that needs stirring

Blackpool

"

albeit a swingers forum i think you may have gathered that people dont just want to talk about sex "

well said pussy

"Here's a thought take away the welfare system , sit back and watch or wait for the trouble to hit every neighbourhood in the uk, robbing looting murder mayhem,this is definatley not a pot that needs stirring"

Hear Hear another one with some Savvy

"Here's a thought take away the welfare system , sit back and watch or wait for the trouble to hit every neighbourhood in the uk, robbing looting murder mayhem,this is definatley not a pot that needs stirring"

is that what happened before the welfare system then??

"

"

for some people the pleasure and joy from working has never been known or shown to them through childhood, they grow up in a family where having mum and dad always around and being there for them is all they know. They crave the love and satisfaction that being part of a family brings, they have it nurtured into them how important being part of a big family is, the /paternal instinct to be a mother a father kicks in, for them its not always about screwing the system is about following their natural instinct to procreate which is a greater human need than most.

this is not always the case but like every individual who walks talks breathes we are all individual no one should ever be categorized, stereotyped or have labels put upon them, as a society do we not need a balance there has to be different divides in class or we would lose the ability to be unique, those that excel would merely just be part of the crowd people would not stand out for their achievements or be recognised for their hard work if we all were the same

me im in the cateogory single mum with 3 kids to two different dads but ive got a fantastic career an work very hard but then again my kids never see theyre mum and when they do im usually really miserable and stressed as much as i love going places and spending time with them sometimes id love to just go on benefits and be there full time, nit have to worry about going to work and paying bills, just have someone else take over for a while and let my kids have a proper family, well after all what is a proper family, we cant ever win nothing we ever do is right, we cant do right for doing wrong, some of us aren't that fortunate to be perfect, staying at home all the time for me that would be my ultimate insanity cause i cant sit at peace for more than 5 minutes, does that then make me a bad mum some people seem to think so, other say im great and inspirational and some criticise my job is more important than the kids, mental breakdown yeah im sure its just round the corner waiting for me, sometimes people should just accept life for how it is, why should we describe people as parasites when we dont know them well i condemn people who havent got nice things to say about others, as our generations before us said if you havent got anything nice to say then dont say anything

ggrrrrrr rant !!!!!!!!!!!!!

"

albeit a swingers forum i think you may have gathered that people dont just want to talk about sex well said pussy "

Why something so controversial?

some of the words being used on the two threads beggar belief..scum.lowlife.parasite,eugenics,forced sterilisation

I once said on another thread that the tram lady was maybe a racist bitch..i was told,and i quote

"That was uncalled for. We swingers put ourselves forward as the more liberated people in our society yet some of us cannot abstain from making spurious comments about situations where not all the facts have been made public"

who was it that said.."liberals, Ten degrees to the left of center in good times. Ten degrees to the right of center if it affects them personally."

"

Why would you want to question why a forum user would start such a forum post on a swingers site ?"

Why would a forum user want to start such a forum post on a swingers site?

"

I agree with the majority of what the OP says."

No disrespect but you would lol

"Here's a thought take away the welfare system , sit back and watch or wait for the trouble to hit every neighbourhood in the uk, robbing looting murder mayhem,this is definatley not a pot that needs stirring

is that what happened before the welfare system then??"

Of course not we all know that, but life has certainly moved on in the preceding years,i.e. orgainised riots and looting recently.

King's Crustacean

Why are you repeating the question of the poster that i'd already answered ?

King's Crustacean

"

No disrespect but you would lol"

You and I have never met. Maybe it's best not to speak as if you know the tiniest thing about me. OR

You could at least back up what you are saying with some logic, reason or even intelligence ?

After 6 months

£5 per week 'pocket money' should be the only cash that is seen. that sounds a good idea but one of the main reasons i work is to keep a roof

over my head Vouchers won't work, my local corner shop has a sign up saying he accepts milk tokens for cigarettes and alcohol to to a lower value of what there worth!

the voucher exchange is common practice and isnt illegal, i breastfed my eldes i had been paid off when i fell pregnant so was entitled to milk tokens im allergic to milk so moine were going to waste, local butchers shop however was able to trade it in for the full value of my tokens, most shops do offer it.

"Here's a thought take away the welfare system , sit back and watch or wait for the trouble to hit every neighbourhood in the uk, robbing looting murder mayhem,this is definatley not a pot that needs stirring

Of course not we all know that, but life has certainly moved on in the preceding years,i.e. orgainised riots and looting recently. "

take a hard stance against them then.... sadly this country has become way too soft and thus easy prey for the opportunists

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I asked myself a question this morning why don't I have children? Well apart from losing a pregnancy last year I can't afford to have a child. I earn to much to seek assistance with housing benefit. I earn too much to claim for child care costs. Yet I don't earn enough to pay for both rent and 100 % child care costs. I don't earn enough to feed and cloth me and a child that is why I don't have a child yet.

Whats to say I get pregnant and there will be 2 incomes to support the child I was put into a situation that if I had gone full term I would of been a single mother from the start. I would of had to hold down a full time job as well as be a mother. There are millions of women and men that do this and I take my hat off to them.

I would of been better off on benefits my rent would be paid by housing benefit my childcare costs would be free. My precriptions would be free and my council tax paid. I would of got child tax credit and income support. I would of got milk tokens (if they still exsist).

However would I want to sit down in my house day in day out hell no!! One day I hope that I will be able to have a child one born through a loving relationship.

"

You and I have never met. Maybe it's best not to speak as if you know the tiniest thing about me. OR

You could at least back up what you are saying with some logic, reason or even intelligence ?"

This forum subject is controversial and as you have commented here getting some people hot under the collar - PLEASE CLOSE THIS FORUM SUBJECT DOWN, NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN APART FROM ARGUMENTS AND THE LIKE - you wouldnt start on ethnic minorities so why start on people who are claiming benefits?

Of course not we all know that, but life has certainly moved on in the preceding years,i.e. orgainised riots and looting recently.

take a hard stance against them then.... sadly this country has become way too soft and thus easy prey for the opportunists "

Is that why you choose to hide and leave the dirty work to others???

"

you wouldnt start on ethnic minorities "

you'd be surprised

Ok last time I looked this was a forum. All subjects within reason open for discussion. So this is a chance for people to put across their views on the subject. I want to read what people have to say about the subject. It is good to have an insight to what people have to say from both sides of the fence with regard to topics like this. As previously said it is a forum and if subjects are discussed like adults I don't think there is a reason why it should not be discussed and debated.

for once I am not putting any smilies

King's Crustacean

"

You could at least back up what you are saying with some logic, reason or even intelligence ?

This forum subject is controversial and as you have commented here getting some people hot under the collar - PLEASE CLOSE THIS FORUM SUBJECT DOWN, NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN APART FROM ARGUMENTS AND THE LIKE - you wouldnt start on ethnic minorities so why start on people who are claiming benefits?"

I'm ever the optimist.

take a hard stance against them then.... sadly this country has become way too soft and thus easy prey for the opportunists "

Do you mean by a hard stance ,prison, well you certainly thought that one out, do you think that would be anyway cheaper to implement than the benefits system no chance, why do you think sentences are so lenient costs!

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

The "welfare system" covers a hell of a lot more than the unemployed!!!

You really want to take that away????

"

This forum subject is controversial and as you have commented here getting some people hot under the collar - PLEASE CLOSE THIS FORUM SUBJECT DOWN, NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN APART FROM ARGUMENTS AND THE LIKE - you wouldnt start on ethnic minorities so why start on people who are claiming benefits?"

I totally disagree. Its only controversial or sensitive if people allow it to be. It's a good chance for people to actually put their perspective across.

"

is it really that controversial to ask that people who want to have children should be in a position to provide for them.....rather than EXPECTING society to pay for it????

Personally i would offer NO welfare handouts beyond a 2nd child. If you want a big family then make sure you can afford it! I have one child and a well paid job.....but always skint...lol....so parenting is a job that comes with many responsibilities.....financial being one of them

"

Hear Hear question is Why was it allowed to be reopened (part Two)

Thats like getting banned from chat four 4 hours and coming in the back door under another profile.

take a hard stance against them then.... sadly this country has become way too soft and thus easy prey for the opportunists

Is that why you choose to hide and leave the dirty work to others??? "

and you know what i do for a living do you????

"Ok last time I looked this was a forum. All subjects within reason open for discussion. So this is a chance for people to put across their views on the subject. I want to read what people have to say about the subject. It is good to have an insight to what people have to say from both sides of the fence with regard to topics like this. As previously said it is a forum and if subjects are discussed like adults I don't think there is a reason why it should not be discussed and debated.

for once I am not putting any smilies"

But why discuss such a controversial subject here? It is bound to get heated - there will always be a small percentage of benefit scroungers, the same as there will always be swingers

"

over my head Vouchers won't work, my local corner shop has a sign up saying he accepts milk tokens for cigarettes and alcohol to to a lower value of what there worth!

it wont work at all.. and that is common practise.. As I said in the last thread they will offer a value lower.. so the shop makes something and they can buy what they like with the vouchers..

THe only people it will really affect is those with genuine need..

I do get a few benefits.. but I also then pay tax on my earnings and because some places take into account total income I then get some of my benefits taken back off me for various things..

for instance.. if I didnt work I would get more carers allowance for my daughter.. despite the fact that her care is pretty much 24/7... I have to be available at every hour during a school day or have provision for someone else to be..

i get tax credits and child benefit.. but child benefit cut off used to be that high that all but the very wealthy got it..

I used to earn a lot... and now earn considerably less.. and I actually just worked out if I was a single mum and I claimed I would be £205 a week better off than I am now.. where is the incentive????

Cali.

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"

Thats like getting banned from chat four 4 hours and coming in the back door under another profile.

"

Part 1 wasn't shut for any other reason apart from getting too long

"Ok last time I looked this was a forum. All subjects within reason open for discussion. So this is a chance for people to put across their views on the subject. I want to read what people have to say about the subject. It is good to have an insight to what people have to say from both sides of the fence with regard to topics like this. As previously said it is a forum and if subjects are discussed like adults I don't think there is a reason why it should not be discussed and debated.

But why discuss such a controversial subject here? It is bound to get heated - there will always be a small percentage of benefit scroungers, the same as there will always be swingers "

why not discuss it. I for one am a person who sits somewhere in the middle with regard to this. I would like to read what people have to say, digest it and see if it sways me more to one side or the other. Thats what debating and forums do

Do you mean by a hard stance ,prison, well you certainly thought that one out, do you think that would be anyway cheaper to implement than the benefits system no chance, why do you think sentences are so lenient costs! "

You asked me a question.....then answered it for me?? You think prison is the only option for a hard stance? Hardly

King's Crustacean

I'm enjoying reading and sipping my pint of tea. Let's not close the thread.

Thank goodness ive been sterilised, as a single mother of 3, currently on JSA, recieveing child tax credits, child benefit, housing benefit & council tax benefit ive found many of the comments on this and the former thread offensive. Ive wokred all my adult life untill i was made redundant, at times ive had a full and part time job, I hope some of you never find yourself in my position

But why discuss such a controversial subject here? It is bound to get heated - there will always be a small percentage of benefit scroungers, the same as there will always be swingers

why not discuss it. I for one am a person who sits somewhere in the middle with regard to this. I would like to read what people have to say, digest it and see if it sways me more to one side or the other. Thats what debating and forums do"

From what I am reading, the general consensus is people on benefits are scroungers, have too many children and should be thrown in prison. How is this a debate? More like a dog fight.

"I'm enjoying reading and sipping my pint of tea. Let's not close the thread."

A pint of tea??!!!!! You must be on benefits to afford that

Blackpool

"

you wouldnt start on ethnic minorities

you'd be surprised "

+1

"Thank goodness ive been sterilised, as a single mother of 3, currently on JSA, recieveing child tax credits, child benefit, housing benefit & council tax benefit ive found many of the comments on this and the former thread offensive. Ive wokred all my adult life untill i was made redundant, at times ive had a full and part time job, I hope some of you never find yourself in my position"

Here, here - my point exactly. Somebody please close this thread down, it is controversial and very unfair.

why not discuss it. I for one am a person who sits somewhere in the middle with regard to this. I would like to read what people have to say, digest it and see if it sways me more to one side or the other. Thats what debating and forums do

From what I am reading, the general consensus is people on benefits are scroungers, have too many children and should be thrown in prison. How is this a debate? More like a dog fight."

as previously stated, am neither for one or the other. it only gets heated if people cannot debate properly. as the quote goes, if you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen

"

and you know what i do for a living do you????"

Wind your neck in what has what you do for a living got to do with what I posted.

there is nothing in my post that mentions your employment.

You know exactly what I mean

"

This forum subject is controversial and as you have commented here getting some people hot under the collar - PLEASE CLOSE THIS FORUM SUBJECT DOWN, NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN APART FROM ARGUMENTS AND THE LIKE - you wouldnt start on ethnic minorities so why start on people who are claiming benefits?

I totally disagree. Its only controversial or sensitive if people allow it to be. It's a good chance for people to actually put their perspective across."

But everybody's perspective is so negative

"I'm enjoying reading and sipping my pint of tea. Let's not close the thread.

A pint of tea??!!!!! You must be on benefits to afford that "

i dont think that is debating. that is being childish. if you want people to take your views seriously on the subject i would suggest you explain in a more adult way.

"

I totally disagree. Its only controversial or sensitive if people allow it to be. It's a good chance for people to actually put their perspective across.

But everybody's perspective is so negative"

but mine isnt. but you are not doing a very good job of actually stating your case.

From what I am reading, the general consensus is people on benefits are scroungers, have too many children and should be thrown in prison. How is this a debate? More like a dog fight.

as previously stated, am neither for one or the other. it only gets heated if people cannot debate properly. as the quote goes, if you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen"

Fair enough, but as I said in Part 1 of this so called debate, there for the grace of god go the workers!!

"

Wind your neck in what has what you do for a living got to do with what I posted.

You know exactly what I mean "

so its all to do with having a hidden profile rather than doing nothing about societies issues???

why didnt you just say then.....lol

"

Part 1 wasn't shut for any other reason apart from getting too long "

OOps missed that one Smack myself in the face and say how nice of you to correct me LOL

King's Crustacean

Like I said Puss xx I'm ever the optimist.

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"

Part 1 wasn't shut for any other reason apart from getting too long

OOps missed that one Smack myself in the face and say how nice of you to correct me LOL "

ermmmmm okay

"take a hard stance against them then.... sadly this country has become way too soft and thus easy prey for the opportunists

Is that why you choose to hide and leave the dirty work to others??? "

my mistake for thinking your post was relevant to my statement of this country being 'soft'

"

But everybody's perspective is so negative

but mine isnt. but you are not doing a very good job of actually stating your case. "

I have already stated quite clearly (for those who can read), this is an unfair forum subject. Not everybody on benefits is a scrounger, I hope anybody who finds themself out of work through no fault of there own continues to agree that they should be sterilised, thrown in prison or limited to the amount of rent can be paid for them.

See this is what I mean. This could have been a good thread. It could have been debated and points made for each side. Giving the likes of myself who is sitting on the fence a little more understanding of each side. Instead it resorts to childish nitpicking and whining.

"

You know exactly what I mean

so its all to do with having a hidden profile rather than doing nothing about societies issues???

why didnt you just say then.....lol"

If the shoe fits wear it LOL

"Thank goodness ive been sterilised, as a single mother of 3, currently on JSA, recieveing child tax credits, child benefit, housing benefit & council tax benefit ive found many of the comments on this and the former thread offensive. Ive wokred all my adult life untill i was made redundant, at times ive had a full and part time job, I hope some of you never find yourself in my position"

The problem is the odd few make it look bad for those like yourself that have genuine need.. I took a little offence to the white wash of teen mums.. like all go out and say

"Hey I know.. I will have a baby.. its easy" its certainly not...and many dont do it ... accidents happen.. and many dont expect the state to bring them up.. but of course its only the news worthy... but the thing is you get branded for life.. and it kinda means that people think that actually no.. this is all I am good for..

The school I went to had a policy to expell if a girl fell pregnant.. till it was me.. there little star pupil.. suddenly they were able to accomodate.. and now run a very successful mother and baby unit.. with childcare on the side.. they learn life skills as well as all getting chances to get experience working in the nursery too.. oh and their exams..

that is the bit that gets me.. that these teenage mums have kids to get a house.. if you haev ever sat with some of these poor girls and known how scared they are... and how hard it is.. maybe you wouldnt judge.

You try being 16 and getting a job anyway.... then add that you have to tell them you need time off for normal parenting things.. like check ups etc... Really you think people will employ..

I was lucky.. I got a job a the local dairy.. working in the canteen.. putting up with comments as they new I was young and had a baby.. therefore =slut.. but I worked 3-7... then fed my baby.. then went to school (only 9-1) came home.. did my home work..and did other mumsie things.. It was hard but I was able to because people cared enough to help me...

I did always think it was wrong though that my school changed their stance as they believed it was low achievers that fell pregnant young.. and when it was me.. they bent over backwards to accomodate..and then couldnt go back ...

but its easy to judge when never been in that situation...

Yes there are people that abuse the system... its them that needs stopping.. the ones that work and claim... so not paying tax.. but taking out the system too..as well as taking a job someone could have..

cali

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I don't think this thread is directed at a person in your situation. The welfare system is there for circumstances that we face in times of hardship. You have worked and have found yourself being made redunant. You have paid into the whole "social" fund.

However there are claimants that were brought up by parents claiming benefits and then gone on to claim benefits then may of not worked a day in their life to go on to have children who may in turn go on to carry on the cycle.

I think the government need to look at the bigger picture instead of cutting services that are designed to educate people.

You for one are I am sure doing a great job in bringing up your kids and giving them the education and knowledge to be productive members of society. xx

"I'm enjoying reading and sipping my pint of tea. Let's not close the thread.

A pint of tea??!!!!! You must be on benefits to afford that

i dont think that is debating. that is being childish. if you want people to take your views seriously on the subject i would suggest you explain in a more adult way."

Lol, sarcasm never goes down well in a heated debate. And some people take it way too seriously

"Thank goodness ive been sterilised, as a single mother of 3, currently on JSA, recieveing child tax credits, child benefit, housing benefit & council tax benefit ive found many of the comments on this and the former thread offensive. Ive wokred all my adult life untill i was made redundant, at times ive had a full and part time job, I hope some of you never find yourself in my position

I don't think this thread is directed at a person in your situation. The welfare system is there for circumstances that we face in times of hardship. You have worked and have found yourself being made redunant. You have paid into the whole "social" fund.

However there are claimants that were brought up by parents claiming benefits and then gone on to claim benefits then may of not worked a day in their life to go on to have children who may in turn go on to carry on the cycle.

I think the government need to look at the bigger picture instead of cutting services that are designed to educate people.

You for one are I am sure doing a great job in bringing up your kids and giving them the education and knowledge to be productive members of society. xx"

How fast can you pedal backwards lol

"Thank goodness ive been sterilised, as a single mother of 3, currently on JSA, recieveing child tax credits, child benefit, housing benefit & council tax benefit ive found many of the comments on this and the former thread offensive. Ive wokred all my adult life untill i was made redundant, at times ive had a full and part time job, I hope some of you never find yourself in my position

The problem is the odd few make it look bad for those like yourself that have genuine need.. I took a little offence to the white wash of teen mums.. like all go out and say

"Hey I know.. I will have a baby.. its easy" its certainly not...and many dont do it ... accidents happen.. and many dont expect the state to bring them up.. but of course its only the news worthy... but the thing is you get branded for life.. and it kinda means that people think that actually no.. this is all I am good for..

The school I went to had a policy to expell if a girl fell pregnant.. till it was me.. there little star pupil.. suddenly they were able to accomodate.. and now run a very successful mother and baby unit.. with childcare on the side.. they learn life skills as well as all getting chances to get experience working in the nursery too.. oh and their exams..

that is the bit that gets me.. that these teenage mums have kids to get a house.. if you haev ever sat with some of these poor girls and known how scared they are... and how hard it is.. maybe you wouldnt judge.

You try being 16 and getting a job anyway.... then add that you have to tell them you need time off for normal parenting things.. like check ups etc... Really you think people will employ..

I was lucky.. I got a job a the local dairy.. working in the canteen.. putting up with comments as they new I was young and had a baby.. therefore =slut.. but I worked 3-7... then fed my baby.. then went to school (only 9-1) came home.. did my home work..and did other mumsie things.. It was hard but I was able to because people cared enough to help me...

I did always think it was wrong though that my school changed their stance as they believed it was low achievers that fell pregnant young.. and when it was me.. they bent over backwards to accomodate..and then couldnt go back ...

Yes there are people that abuse the system... its them that needs stopping.. the ones that work and claim... so not paying tax.. but taking out the system too..as well as taking a job someone could have..

cali "

about bloody time someone put something up in response rather than nit pick about pints of tea etc

For the majority of people in this country that have employment and a decent standard of living I cant for the life of me understand why we should be discussing the minority that Rape the system.

And also if it was that good at the so called lower end of the market then why is everyone not on it LOL

"I refer back to my opening post……. “How do you penalise the irresponsible without penalising the innocent?”

"

The problem with trying to find a way to penalise those who have no intention of ever being a contributing member of society whilst still providing a means of helping those genuinely in need is that if society tries to penalise some and not others certain aspects of the media will use the argument that by reducing the level of benefits available to those lowest paid (or not paid at all) will lead to an increase in crime because they still have to feed & clothe their children. That argument has been put forward on so many occasions whenever a radical proposal to this dire welfare situation has been mooted.

And let's also not forget that those who have no intention of ever working also have a vote, which they often don't use as they can't be arsed, but you can bet your bottom dollar that if their benefits are cut back drastically they'll soon find out where the polling booths are and how to use them come ballot time.

Change can only come by changing how a nation of people think. It was only 30 years ago that women campaigning outside Greenham Common against the siting of American nukes were portrayed by the media as tree-hugging lesbians, but now we're so much more aware of the damage nukes/nuclear energy can do to our environment and that that same movement sparked a frenzy of activists who set about re-educating our civilisation into making our planet a more greener, energy efficient place. And it all began with an idea.

That's what the welfare culture needs, an idea. A simple solution to a huge problem that needs to be conveyed in a way that makes those bleeding the system sit up and take stock of themselves. Issuing vouchers and limiting the number of children blah blah blah is all reactionary to the problem and thus contributing to it. This needs a proactive solution and that starts in school when children are just about old enough to understand what it means to be a part of a wider community.

"

Why would you want to question why a forum user would start such a forum post on a swingers site ?"

Was thinking the same Granny have seen a number of posts on this and the original thread questioning why polo posted

And I cannot understand why anyone would question the right to post the thread

By *omnlynneCouple  over a year ago

milton keynes

i wonder why it is that whilst on benefits dental care is free......do the "guests" of jeremy kyle not take up this option.......also whilst on the subject of JK and his show......whilst we revel in the dregs of society he unearths and laugh at them with impunity do we not realise these shows make these people heroes to their kind and hardly endorse the get an education a job and work hard for what you want from life?

King's Crustacean

"

Why would you want to question why a forum user would start such a forum post on a swingers site ?

Was thinking the same Granny have seen a number of posts on this and the original thread questioning why polo posted

And I cannot understand why anyone would question the right to post the thread "

Afternoon Cheeky Features. x

I'm reading rather than contributing. Cos it' going round n round n round at the moment..... with not much being said.

"

Afternoon Cheeky Features. x

I'm reading rather than contributing. Cos it' going round n round n round at the moment..... with not much being said."

Probably cos the subject has been exhausted and needs to be closed down.

So not the weakest members of society then??? just the leaches.

"For the majority of people in this country that have employment and a decent standard of living I cant for the life of me understand why we should be discussing the minority that Rape the system.

And also if it was that good at the so called lower end of the market then why is everyone not on it LOL "

Here here Vodka, well said

"

And I cannot understand why anyone would question the right to post the thread "

You need to understand the thread first, read through and you will see why it was questioned.

"For the majority of people in this country that have employment and a decent standard of living I cant for the life of me understand why we should be discussing the minority that Rape the system.

And also if it was that good at the so called lower end of the market then why is everyone not on it LOL

Here here Vodka, well said "

For me its called self respect

This could be a good topic..

I am proud of what I have achieved...I wasnt brought up by parents on benefit though.. till I was 12 both parents worked.. then they split up and my dad supported us..and my mum did two jobs.. I never saw my parents because they were always working.. once 12 I kinda looked after the house and my younger sister..

I ended up in care due to a new partner in my mums life..and my life went wrong from there.. but I never let it beat me.. but because I came from a good background people helped me.. what if girls were offered the same support I was.. rather than get labbelled a bad egg for a mistake..

I think many would choose to support themselves if made to feel it was a real option.. but to be honest you know first things we had to do with the girls I worked with...??? help them put in their benefit claims.. as we were told it wasnt cost effective to help them find work... Now thats an agency to HELP teen mums...

so what hope do those girls have...

cali

King's Crustacean

I read the original post from the O.P.

It is an insightful piece that offers just support for the cause of those in genuine need.

"

You need to understand the thread first, read through and you will see why it was questioned."

Crackin Point magickisses

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok some points to clear up.

Most subjects are allowed as forum threads, the ones that are not you can find in the rules.

There is nothing wrong with this subject.

The only thing that is getting heated is the people shouting for it to be shut.

The last thread was shut automatically as it got to 175 posts. As a mod didn't shut it then a second thread is allowed to be opened.

If you don't like what is being debated , you don't have to join in, but don't spoil it for others who do want to join in.

"Solution is pretty simple - no benefits whatsoever for kids that were conceived while parents had no disposable income to support them at the time.

There are plenty of decent people wanting to adopt newborns."

I just read this on the original thread... that is so wrong I dont even know how to answer it.. I had this almost forced on me with my first born.. because I was told it was better for me.. better for him.. but it always HAS to be a choice.. you can not force a parents to give a child up...

I know plenty of "single mums" on benefit that have found themselves pregnant.. yet why do they deserve to have their child taken off them... nope.. that is wrong in so many ways..

Of course you wouldnt save in benefits because the trauma that would cause would just cost even more in therapy... losing a child is tragic under any circumstances.

Cali.

Here here Vodka, well said

For me its called self respect"

Totaly agree something thats sadly missing in the lower leagues LOL

"I read the original post from the O.P.

It is an insightful piece that offers just support for the cause of those in genuine need.

"

Thats only your opinion to which you are more than entitled too LOL

"

Totaly agree something thats sadly missing in the lower leagues LOL "

because its not encouraged.. its not taught.. you learn values from your parents.. and to be honest.. when people look down at you.. you tend to stay down.. unless your a stubborn cow like me..

cali

King's Crustacean

[Removed by poster at 30/12/11 13:07:19]

King's Crustacean

Thats only your opinion to which you are more than entitled too LOL "

Shovels, guns and inches of rope.

"Ok some points to clear up.

Most subjects are allowed as forum threads, the ones that are not you can find in the rules.

The last thread was shut automatically as it got to 175 posts. As a mod didn't shut it then a second thread is allowed to be opened.

If you don't like what is being debated , you don't have to join in, but don't spoil it for others who do want to join in."

Surely thats what a debate is people puting their points accross... There lkies and dislikes or have I missed the point??

Thats only your opinion to which you are more than entitled too LOL

Shovels, guns and inches of rope. "

Sorry I dont see what your point is

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

i have pretty much avoided both threads...Sir likes me being a happy bunny not a ranting banned bunny

So apologies if this has been said...in order to deal with this problem mucking about with benifits isnt going to help.

We need to address attitudes, young womens attitudes to their bodies,young mens attitudes to women,life expectations and ambition, sex education and peer pressure.

Whilst many young women feel unable to say no to sex,and do not have the resources to empower themselves the problem will not go away.

There were some excellent courses ran by sure start, i remember co leading one with mums who had all had babies in their teen. We looked at how the media sexualised women,age of consent v age they actually had sex(and the inadaquacies of sex education) and a whole host of issues around body image,self esteem etc.

The aim was that they would bring up their children differently to how they were.

Change attitudes, then we might get somewhere.

ok,back to the fucking threads for me

"Solution is pretty simple - no benefits whatsoever for kids that were conceived while parents had no disposable income to support them at the time.

There are plenty of decent people wanting to adopt newborns.

I just read this on the original thread... that is so wrong I dont even know how to answer it.. I had this almost forced on me with my first born.. because I was told it was better for me.. better for him.. but it always HAS to be a choice.. you can not force a parents to give a child up...

I know plenty of "single mums" on benefit that have found themselves pregnant.. yet why do they deserve to have their child taken off them... nope.. that is wrong in so many ways..

Of course you wouldnt save in benefits because the trauma that would cause would just cost even more in therapy... losing a child is tragic under any circumstances.

Cali. "

no one should be forced no matter how thay live if thay love and care for there child ... And only people who feel its right for them should... Theres 1000s out there who cant have babys and would love children .

Forum Mod

O o O oo

[Removed by poster at 30/12/11 13:15:54]

cali

about bloody time someone put something up in response rather than nit pick about pints of tea etc"

Who on earth drinks pints of tea?!!!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Ok some points to clear up.

If you don't like what is being debated , you don't have to join in, but don't spoil it for others who do want to join in.

Surely thats what a debate is people puting their points accross... There lkies and dislikes or have I missed the point??"

It seems you have yes....as you were one of the people saying this debate should be shut/ not allowed.

Debate is for debating, if it was shut like you wanted then it wouldn't be a debate at all.

Blackpool

cali

about bloody time someone put something up in response rather than nit pick about pints of tea etc

Who on earth drinks pints of tea?!!!"

granny does

King's Crustacean

moi! pretentious ? non!

"[Removed by poster at 30/12/11 13:15:54]"

Now I am really lost sorry my apologies.

I honestly thought that when a thread was closed it couldnt be reopened.

However you have told me its not against the rules thankyou once again.

Hence the reason for me debating.

"I know plenty of "single mums" on benefit that have found themselves pregnant.. yet why do they deserve to have their child taken off them... nope.. that is wrong in so many ways..

"

To be honest this argument really makes me laugh

Lets be honest, nobody 'finds' themselves pregnant, you get pregnant because you've been irresponsible and either not taken your pill regular/on time, carried on having sex while on antibiotics and yours birth controls not covered or had un protected sex, all of the above can be avoided

Now i know sometimes women who have been sterilized or guys who have had the snip fails and some people who have done their best to avoid getting pregnant genually do thro no fault of their own but lets be honest what are the odds of that, less than winning lottery i would have thought

If you take birth control and take it properly the chaces are you will not 'find' yourself pregnant

If someone wants to spit out half a dozen kids while living off the system thats upto them but dont try and make out its not your fault when it is, we all have the choice of how many kids we have theres enough options out there if you dont want any more

"[Removed by poster at 30/12/11 13:15:54]

Now I am really lost sorry my apologies.

I honestly thought that when a thread was closed it couldnt be reopened.

However you have told me its not against the rules thankyou once again.

Hence the reason for me debating. "

tongue firmly placed in cheek

"moi! pretentious ? non! "

definitely not lol

"

Why shouldn't I?

"I know plenty of "single mums" on benefit that have found themselves pregnant.. yet why do they deserve to have their child taken off them... nope.. that is wrong in so many ways..

Lets be honest, nobody 'finds' themselves pregnant, you get pregnant because you've been irresponsible and either not taken your pill regular/on time, carried on having sex while on antibiotics and yours birth controls not covered or had un protected sex, all of the above can be avoided

Now i know sometimes women who have been sterilized or guys who have had the snip fails and some people who have done their best to avoid getting pregnant genually do thro no fault of their own but lets be honest what are the odds of that, less than winning lottery i would have thought

If you take birth control and take it properly the chaces are you will not 'find' yourself pregnant

If someone wants to spit out half a dozen kids while living off the system thats upto them but dont try and make out its not your fault when it is, we all have the choice of how many kids we have theres enough options out there if you dont want any more "

thats rubbish.. even now I have to have two forms of contraception.. I fell pregnant on the pill twice..(taking it properly) and on the coil twice... and my mum had me after being sterilized.. so it happens..

I didnt agree with abortion so kept my kids.. and the minute we start to tell people if they can and cant KEEP a child we are stepping well and truly over the line..

the NOBODY finds themselves pregnant is rubbish.. even the implant that I have has failure rates.. So for a few reasons I take the pill too.. Yes I could I suppose use condoms but I prefer not to.. and definately not with my partner.

I however have never fell pregnant while claiming benefits.. so guess it doesnt matter..

but I will never ever agree that its okay to take a child away from someone for anything other than abuse.. a loved and happy home is better than a wealthy home..

Cali x

King's Crustacean

As this is my entertainment for the next half hour ( pint of tea in hand n all )

PLEASE SHIFT FROM UNMARRIED MOTHERS AND CHILDREN to ....... anything ......

What about the unmarried fathers please.

The married couple with a hugely lucrative business who still make claims

OR

Unscrup....ermmm corrupt Landlords who claim all kinds from various addresses.

I'm tired of wombs n contraceptives ...

Thanks in advance...

Slurp!

King's Crustacean

"

Why shouldn't I?

"

Because the scroungers don't like it ...... Keep the lid on reality will you! Poke the blind in the eye etc.....

"

You need to understand the thread first, read through and you will see why it was questioned."

Err excuse me but I happen to be following both threads avidly and I do fully understand all points thank you

That aside any topic within the rules are allowed in the forums

If someone wants to spit out half a dozen kids while living off the system thats upto them but dont try and make out its not your fault when it is, we all have the choice of how many kids we have theres enough options out there if you dont want any more

thats rubbish.. even now I have to have two forms of contraception.. I fell pregnant on the pill twice..(taking it properly) and on the coil twice... and my mum had me after being sterilized.. so it happens..

I didnt agree with abortion so kept my kids.. and the minute we start to tell people if they can and cant KEEP a child we are stepping well and truly over the line..

the NOBODY finds themselves pregnant is rubbish.. even the implant that I have has failure rates.. So for a few reasons I take the pill too.. Yes I could I suppose use condoms but I prefer not to.. and definately not with my partner.

I however have never fell pregnant while claiming benefits.. so guess it doesnt matter..

but I will never ever agree that its okay to take a child away from someone for anything other than abuse.. a loved and happy home is better than a wealthy home..

Cali x"

i dont agree with abortion or taking kids of families either

And i did say i know on occasion it happens, i deliberatly made a point of saying that, i had a child as a result of a failed vasectomy, so i know it happens

The point i was making was, how many pregnancy that are claimed to have 'just happened' really are, conpaired to how may just dont want to admit they didnt take precautions? the amount of teenage kids now days getting pregnant who claim they was all on the pill and it wasnt their fault, do you really believe every single one of then was and all of them got pregnant as a result of failed birth control? because i dont

I myself got pregnant very young but i admit it was because i was a member of the, it wont happen to me brigade but i admit that, im not going to insult anyones imteligance by saying...oh i was on the pill but it failed

Cali x

And abuse come in 100 diffrent ways .... children have to come first .... no one should be made to give up there child if thay love and look after them the best thay can . No one . Thank god there is help out there for the ones who need it .. i say .

"

i dont agree with abortion or taking kids of families either

And i did say i know on occasion it happens, i deliberatly made a point of saying that, i had a child as a result of a failed vasectomy, so i know it happens

The point i was making was, how many pregnancy that are claimed to have 'just happened' really are, conpaired to how may just dont want to admit they didnt take precautions? the amount of teenage kids now days getting pregnant who claim they was all on the pill and it wasnt their fault, do you really believe every single one of then was and all of them got pregnant as a result of failed birth control? because i dont

I myself got pregnant very young but i admit it was because i was a member of the, it wont happen to me brigade but i admit that, im not going to insult anyones imteligance by saying...oh i was on the pill but it failed

"

I got pregnant at 15.. totally not my fault.. couldnt be blamed for it.. wasnt on contraception because wasnt sexually active...

and no I dont think that everyone that gets pregnant was an accident.. but even if they are unemployed I dont think that a baby can be taken away.. there was talk a while ago of stopping a single mums benefits if she fell pregnant.. but they just did the "Dont know, was a one night thing"

So they couldnt stop it... then as a single parent you had to give fathers details and chase through the csa... ( dont even get me started on csa lol)

I just cant believe that people would sanction babies being taken away just because you fall pregnant while unemployed..

And I would never say taht being unemployed made you a bad parent.. so dont think that could be used as abuse.

cali x

King's Crustacean

When do the rich couple with the mansion come into this ?

"

Surely this is illegal?

it wont work at all.. and that is common practise.. As I said in the last thread they will offer a value lower.. so the shop makes something and they can buy what they like with the vouchers..

THe only people it will really affect is those with genuine need..

I do get a few benefits.. but I also then pay tax on my earnings and because some places take into account total income I then get some of my benefits taken back off me for various things..

for instance.. if I didnt work I would get more carers allowance for my daughter.. despite the fact that her care is pretty much 24/7... I have to be available at every hour during a school day or have provision for someone else to be..

i get tax credits and child benefit.. but child benefit cut off used to be that high that all but the very wealthy got it..

I used to earn a lot... and now earn considerably less.. and I actually just worked out if I was a single mum and I claimed I would be £205 a week better off than I am now.. where is the incentive????

Cali."

im the same cali if i was on benefits i have 3 kids id be £195 a week better off, as it is at the moment because of childcare costs if i paid all my bills religiously every month id be living on £30 a week to feed clothe and do whatever else people do with money like go out have fun etc, as it is the debt mounts up and woohooo got a new job 22k pay rise and alas its going to be at least two years before that ay rise will actually start meaning something

"When do the rich couple with the mansion come into this ?"
Not sure gran ? when you have worked it out tell me ok . xx

"

I have already stated quite clearly (for those who can read), this is an unfair forum subject. Not everybody on benefits is a scrounger, I hope anybody who finds themself out of work through no fault of there own continues to agree that they should be sterilised, thrown in prison or limited to the amount of rent can be paid for them."

I think you will find it a little unfair to mix and merge various comments from other people and then try to bundle it all together under the banner of the "subject".

The subject at no time suggests what you claim it does.

*off to carry on reading the thread for sensible answers.

King's Crustacean

I should pay more attention Jo. Think my tea's gone to my head...

In my personal opinion omfg im going to get shot down for this probably, people always want to find someone to pick on, we follow the crowd we are bullies every one of us thinks were better than someone else, its human nature to pick on those we deem to be weaker than ourselves and half the comments on this forum are exactly that, people trying to make themselves feel better

so what if i work my arse off and struggle to get things i want in life but hey i damn well appreciate what i get, so what if half my neighbours dont know what hard work is whos really the one losing out here, not me i know my worth half of them are missing out on so much more than i am. the thing is i am human and one thing us humans have that very few of us realise is the ability to show compassion, which by all accounts is severely lacking in here

[Removed by poster at 30/12/11 14:12:30]

"

im the same cali if i was on benefits i have 3 kids id be £195 a week better off, as it is at the moment because of childcare costs if i paid all my bills religiously every month id be living on £30 a week to feed clothe and do whatever else people do with money like go out have fun etc, as it is the debt mounts up and woohooo got a new job 22k pay rise and alas its going to be at least two years before that ay rise will actually start meaning something "

Its madness isnt it... I am lucky that I dont have to pay childcare.. however if I did.. I would actually be.. over £400pw better off not working.. but I like doing my job.. although the amusing thing is I get people assuming I dont..

cali. x

"See this is what I mean. This could have been a good thread. It could have been debated and points made for each side. Giving the likes of myself who is sitting on the fence a little more understanding of each side. Instead it resorts to childish nitpicking and whining."

Indeed.

I am not all the way through the thread yet, but so far I have seen little in the way of constructive solutions for the amount of replies.

It would have saved me some reading time if the debate on what makes a suitable forum subject had been taken to it's own thread and not hijacked this one.... but how am I to question their motives.

"

im the same cali if i was on benefits i have 3 kids id be £195 a week better off, as it is at the moment because of childcare costs if i paid all my bills religiously every month id be living on £30 a week to feed clothe and do whatever else people do with money like go out have fun etc, as it is the debt mounts up and woohooo got a new job 22k pay rise and alas its going to be at least two years before that ay rise will actually start meaning something

Its madness isnt it... I am lucky that I dont have to pay childcare.. however if I did.. I would actually be.. over £400pw better off not working.. but I like doing my job.. although the amusing thing is I get people assuming I dont..

cali. x"

i love my job too and love being a mum most of the time, being sa mum is far harder than work, the guys in work laugh when i stay late to enjoy one last hot cup of tea because when im at home theres no such thing ad a hit dinner for mum or hot cup of tea till the kids are in bed lol

"See this is what I mean. This could have been a good thread. It could have been debated and points made for each side. Giving the likes of myself who is sitting on the fence a little more understanding of each side. Instead it resorts to childish nitpicking and whining.

Indeed.

I am not all the way through the thread yet, but so far I have seen little in the way of constructive solutions for the amount of replies.

It would have saved me some reading time if the debate on what makes a suitable forum subject had been taken to it's own thread and not hijacked this one.... but how am I to question their motives."

Surely there is a big difference in the meaning of Opinions and Motives maybe you could expand a little??

"

i love my job too and love being a mum most of the time, being sa mum is far harder than work, the guys in work laugh when i stay late to enjoy one last hot cup of tea because when im at home theres no such thing ad a hit dinner for mum or hot cup of tea till the kids are in bed lol"

lol I miss that from going out to work... lol the child free moments.. lol

Cali x

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"See this is what I mean. This could have been a good thread. It could have been debated and points made for each side. Giving the likes of myself who is sitting on the fence a little more understanding of each side. Instead it resorts to childish nitpicking and whining.

Indeed.

It would have saved me some reading time if the debate on what makes a suitable forum subject had been taken to it's own thread and not hijacked this one.... but how am I to question their motives."

hey...i gave solutions

Indeed.

It would have saved me some reading time if the debate on what makes a suitable forum subject had been taken to it's own thread and not hijacked this one.... but how am I to question their motives.

Surely there is a big difference in the meaning of Opinions and Motives maybe you could expand a little?? "

You know exactly what Polo meant....

....and I totally agree with the point she made

"

Surely there is a big difference in the meaning of Opinions and Motives maybe you could expand a little?? "

Motive … reason, purpose, intention, the thing which influences a person’s choices.

I started part 1 yesterday after reading a thread titled “What do I get” about paying tax, which included the phrase “So the question is, do I become a 'doley'”… a thread which by the way you have NOT chosen to post in questioning if the subject is suitable for the forum or not.

I chose to start a different thread instead of diverting that one down a different course to that intended by the OP… you however choose to stick at it in this thread… which may make one or two think your questioning is more about why have “I” been allowed to start this thread rather than why has “this” thread been allowed.

I trust you don’t find my logic abusive in this occasion.

"

hey...i gave solutions "

You did indeed... thank you for your input.

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

It didn't stop, rather seriously curtail, my breeding but a surprise kick in the nuts once had a considerable effect.

Mind you, nursey made it better.

We may all need the welfare system at some point in our lives and I am fully in support of a families right to this help.

But that was not the point the OP stated was it.

Our values are formed from the circumstances we were brought up with in general. If a households occupants don't work, are making no effort to find work, are happy to live off handouts from the state, let their children stay off school when they want and instill no sense of school or work ethic, and continue to have children even though they themselves are making no contribution to that childs upkeep, then its no surprise that these circumstances will have a bearing on future generations.

I do not believe in the 'I'm worse off if I go to work' attitude. Have some self respect and don't expect others to work for you.

I have always worked. I have always instilled a strong work ethic to my children. They were always in school other than genuine sickness reasons. I planned both my pregnancies, saved up and went without before I had both my children so that I could take 2 years off to be at home with them. Went back to work part time and they were cared for by my parents. I would have liked more than 2 children, sadly I couldn't afford it.

I'm proud that I was able to do this, feed them with food I'd paid for, clothed them, kept them warm etc. I would not have a child I could not afford to keep.

No luckily I did not get pregnant by mistake, probably because I was sensible in relation to contraception, yes that does fail at times, it doesn't fail as regularly as people make out though, if you are taking it as prescribed. It certainly doesn't fail time after time when women coincidently meet new blokes.

I do hold judgements on people who don't work and continually have children with no means to support them other than the state. Its irresponsible and its something I find abhorrent.

I do believe strongly in the welfare system for those that are in genuine need.

As a few have pointed out, this is not a one-off generation, it’s a cycle which amplifies with each new generation… the children building their moral compass from their primary source of nurture and heading off to repeat the cycle. The more you are surrounded by a situation the more normal it becomes.

I still say it is a quandary. How do we/Society/MP’s break the cycle without harming those the system is there to protect?

is that what happened before the welfare system then??"

Yes-read a social history of Victorian England.

King's Crustacean

There's a funny smell in here .....

Indeed.

Surely there is a big difference in the meaning of Opinions and Motives maybe you could expand a little??

You know exactly what Polo meant....

....and I totally agree with the point she made"

That maybe part of the soloution as to why so many want to live in this Country.

Free to speak what you think have an opinion and debate.

Dont You think??

" I do not believe in the 'I'm worse off if I go to work' attitude. Have some self respect and don't expect others to work for you. "

I couldnt agree more with you, i got pregnant at 16 while i was in 6th form but i still carried on with my education, i had 2 kids by the time i was 18, but i still went to uni, i have never ever been on benifits in all my life, i split from my hubby 2 and a half years ago while i was working night, i have a 10 year old child i could have easily packed up work claiming i couldnt work night any more due to being single and no being able to get chld care at the hours i worked, i could have eaily packed up uni and been a unemplyed single teenage mum, but as iconic so rightly put it, i had more self respect than that, due to a failed marrage i am back being a single mum but i refuse to be a statistic, i had to change my job, hours when i became single but i still worked

Now im the most unspecial person going, if i can find a job to fit round my kids and single life anyone can, some say they dont work because there is nothing, when i split from my ex i handed in my notice and found another job within 2 weeks, infact i had my new job to go to before i had worked my notice from my last job, finding a job isnt as hard as people make out, ok i had a good education and did go to uni so maybe that makes it easier but theres nothing to stop anyone going back into education as an adult to help them get a job, some people simply do not want to

I think thats the point polos making, not people inbetween jobs but those who simply find it easier to sit on their ares than look, those who say, im to old to go back into education, its to late for me now etc.....b*****s to that i say, noones to old to learn, collages love mature students and there are hundreds of places for them, if you wanted a job bad enough you would do anything to get one, for some being unemployed becomes a habbit

"In my personal opinion omfg im going to get shot down for this probably, people always want to find someone to pick on, we follow the crowd we are bullies every one of us thinks were better than someone else, its human nature to pick on those we deem to be weaker than ourselves and half the comments on this forum are exactly that, people trying to make themselves feel better

so what if i work my arse off and struggle to get things i want in life but hey i damn well appreciate what i get, so what if half my neighbours dont know what hard work is whos really the one losing out here, not me i know my worth half of them are missing out on so much more than i am. the thing is i am human and one thing us humans have that very few of us realise is the ability to show compassion, which by all accounts is severely lacking in here "

Well said.

"As a few have pointed out, this is not a one-off generation, it’s a cycle which amplifies with each new generation… the children building their moral compass from their primary source of nurture and heading off to repeat the cycle. The more you are surrounded by a situation the more normal it becomes.

I still say it is a quandary. How do we/Society/MP’s break the cycle without harming those the system is there to protect?

"

The honest answer is you can't break the cycle without harming those in the system who really need help, that is their loop hole.

I can only smell my scented Candles

I truly believe that succesive govenments have to be accountable for the sorry state of affairs we this country is in.

We talk of educating people, but yet these people dont have self respect like the majority of people have.

And they are given no incentive to work, as many of the posts in here say from people that could have got more money and been better off milking the system, but chose the decent route and done the decent thing.

I have worked since I was 7 years old and have never claimed benifit in my life as I am to proud a person for that.

I personally think myself there is no answer to this ever increasing problem.

There are people in Downing street gettin far more than us and we keep voting them in and yet the problem is getting worse.

Where will it end?????

King's Crustacean

Were you a chimney sweep ?

Would anyone like some popcorn?

King's Crustacean

"Would anyone like some popcorn?"

How much is it ?

"Were you a chimney sweep ?"

No Granny Grumpet what makes you ask we dont all have black faces

King's Crustacean

"Were you a chimney sweep ?

No Granny Grumpet what makes you ask we dont all have black faces "

Who don't all have black faces ?

Can we have two bags Please

King's Crustacean

"Can we have two bags Please

"

Plastic ? Head size? Certainly sir. That'll be two wushies of the sweeps brush please..

"

Put your glasses on Granny and take a look at your avatar

No Granny Grumpet what makes you ask we dont all have black faces "

For the record I am an Electrical engineer of 33 years thankyou

King's Crustacean

Put your glasses on Granny and take a look at your avatar"

That's not me. I am.

King's Crustacean

For the record I am an Electrical engineer of 33 years thankyou"

You look a bit older than 33.

What an enjoyable read, very interesting thread.

"Would anyone like some popcorn?

How much is it ?"

Well see that all depends, on how much it cost me....did I pay for it, or take it from somebody else that had?

How about you take it from me and then I can bitch about how you should be providing your own popcorn, you self-centered so and so.....

Nope!, doesn't quite work does it?

King's Crustacean

"What an enjoyable read, very interesting thread. "

Happy New Year Gorgeous. xx

How much is it ?

Well see that all depends, on how much it cost me....did I pay for it, or take it from somebody else that had?

How about you take it from me and then I can bitch about how you should be providing your own popcorn, you self-centered so and so.....

Nope!, doesn't quite work does it? "

Pop corn who mentioned popcorn....can i buy it with my milk tokens LOL

For the record I am an Electrical engineer of 33 years thankyou

You look a bit older than 33."

I am 54 actually sorry I cant comment on you as I cant see you only a black face maybe you were confusing me with yourself as chimmney sweep with your black face

King's Crustacean

How much is it ?

Nope!, doesn't quite work does it? "

Yes. It works perfectly. You could just charge me extortionate prices, call yourself an entrepeneur, give up drawing benefits and join the tutters.......

Until then .....

I don't eat popcorn so you have it x

King's Crustacean

How much is it ?

Pop corn who mentioned popcorn....can i buy it with my milk tokens LOL "

Do you have a licence for that dinosaur

"What an enjoyable read, very interesting thread. "

For various reasons.

Now the question is, do I get ready to start part 3, just in case someone else has a solution they would like to suggest.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Oh my, can you two take your digs private please.

How much is it ?

Pop corn who mentioned popcorn....can i buy it with my milk tokens LOL "

I like your thinkin LOL

King's Crustacean

"Oh my, can you two take your digs private please. "

K mum xxx

How much is it ?

Yes. It works perfectly. You could just charge me extortionate prices, call yourself an entrepeneur, give up drawing benefits and join the tutters.......

Until then .....

I don't eat popcorn so you have it x "

Oh, so you asked how much it was to buy?, just for something to say then?...I thought I recognised you

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

As I stated in previous post we where on benefits for a short while. However once I got a Job we where slighty worse off, but we stuck at it and didnt sit on our arse's.

As for the OP starting this thread I have found it interesting and agree somewhat with what has been said.

My take on the 2 threads its not the people who find themselves redundant or partners have left ect but those who have been in a cycle where parents choose not to work and maybe their parents before them.

Wether we like it or not there is people who milk the system for anything they cant get, they know loopholes that excist and take advantage.

Oh drinking pint of tea here as well (my day of work)

King's Crustacean

How much is it ?

Until then .....

Oh, so you asked how much it was to buy?, just for something to say then?...I thought I recognised you "

No! I thought it was throwing corn .. to see if I can hit a couple of breeders.

How much is it ?

Until then .....

Oh, so you asked how much it was to buy?, just for something to say then?...I thought I recognised you

No! I thought it was throwing corn .. to see if I can hit a couple of breeders. "

Stop that. Stop it, will you stop that. Now look, no one is to stone anyone until I blow this whistle.

"What an enjoyable read, very interesting thread.

Happy New Year Gorgeous. xx "

Thank you. Happy New Year, hope it's a good one for you. X

"As I stated in previous post we where on benefits for a short while. However once I got a Job we where slighty worse off, but we stuck at it and didnt sit on our arse's.

As for the OP starting this thread I have found it interesting and agree somewhat with what has been said.

My take on the 2 threads its not the people who find themselves redundant or partners have left ect but those who have been in a cycle where parents choose not to work and maybe their parents before them.

Wether we like it or not there is people who milk the system for anything they cant get, they know loopholes that excist and take advantage.

Oh drinking pint of tea here as well (my day of work) "

Totaly agree with you but unfortunately Google only exasperates the situation as you will find anything on there including Loopholes

just popping me head over the wall to see if the flacks stopped flying yet

For various reasons.

Now the question is, do I get ready to start part 3, just in case someone else has a solution they would like to suggest."

I assumed part 3 was inevitable! Maybe by then people will have got past 'trying to shoot the messenger', or defending their own social economic position, or telling their individual story.....and then come up with actual possible solutions that don't involve 'State cruelty' or placing children into poverty. If there is such a solution.

Please don't misunderstand, I think the contributions have all been valid so far.

For various reasons.

Now the question is, do I get ready to start part 3, just in case someone else has a solution they would like to suggest.

I assumed part 3 was inevitable! Maybe by then people will have got past 'trying to shoot the messenger', or defending their own social economic position, or telling their individual story.....and then come up with actual possible solutions that don't involve 'State cruelty' or placing children into poverty. If there is such a solution.

Please don't misunderstand, I think the contributions have all been valid so far. "

Why is what is being suggested, going to change the government handouts?, or change the mindset of people?. If so can I have my salary tripled, a Bentley and a house on the Orme please?....oh yes and also can I have my hotlist, this Saturday all naked and hard for the next 3 weeks....cheers

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"That's what the welfare culture needs, an idea. A simple solution to a huge problem that needs to be conveyed in a way that makes those bleeding the system sit up and take stock of themselves. Issuing vouchers and limiting the number of children blah blah blah is all reactionary to the problem and thus contributing to it. This needs a proactive solution and that starts in school when children are just about old enough to understand what it means to be a part of a wider community."

It's been mentioned before, one solution might be to make them work for their benefits.

Why?

Well, one response for the reason as to why some dont work is...

"I'm no better off financially, so why should I work for it?"

So, if they have to do something (work) to be entitled to benefits, then maybe they would prefer to earn more for their labour by getting a job that pays more, seeing as they have to get up in the morning to be entitled to benefits anyway. Plus, they may find that they develop a higher self-esteme through doing so.

It's not a perfect solution, some are on benefits because they cant work, or they care for others, so allowances should be made, but it would be applied to those who are capable.

Recently it was found that up to 70% of those claiming sickness benefits are not turning up for their new assessments (because they are possibly working, or know they will not fool those testing them!), so there are people out there milking the system.

I'm not having a dig at the unemployed, I've been there on a few occassions myself, and had to go "cap in hand" to the government to feed my family and keep a roof over our heads, but I hated it and worked my arse off to find a job ASAP.

Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't.... you're right.

(Henry Ford.... I think)

I have not commented on this (or the previous) thread for fear off providing offensive views, but I have a historical perspective on this.....I am also a little d*unk, so forgive me if I ramble a bit......

The Roman Republic used to hand out a Corn Dole. This dole was a hand out of bread and grain given to the Plebian and Prolitariat clases (Plebian being enfranchised citizens, Prolitariat being unenfranchised 'freed' slaves). This is the origin of the modern 'Dole'.

The Roman aristocracy also took the lower classes (ie not the Equities, or knightly class or the Patrician or highest class, being the senatorial families) mind off their poverty by providing a number of diversions, the Gladiators and Chariot races at the 'Circus Maximus' below the Capitoline Hill.

This are the origin of the phrase 'Bread and Circuses'.

Why is this relevant, you ask? Well.....

This practice came into being after the destruction of Carthage and the seizure of most of the public lands by men of great wealth. Hundreds of thousands of Latin and other Italian citizens (the Plebs) were turfed off their lands and the majority of unlanded working people (the Proles) were made unemployed by the aquisition of huge numbers of slaves by the wealthy in republican society.

Those few 'Plebs' (I hate the term in common parlance, but it is accurate here) who managed to hold onto their farms were ruined by wealthy speculators who imported cheap grain from their holdings in the newly acquired provinces of Africa, Macedon and Greece.

The Grachii (a patrician family of reformers) tried over the course of 20 years or so to improve the lot of the Plebs and the Proles but were murdered one after the other by the senatorial Patricians and the rich speculating Equities, destroying the hopes of the latin citizens and prompting a wholesale revolt amongst the Italian citizens.

So here's where it compares.

In my opinion, the destruction of their old enemy (Carthage) is analagous to the fall of the soviet empire. The West had to keep the living standards of it's citizens high to prove the difference.

The 'offshoring' of jobs is analagous to

the Speculation in overseas markets, slaves to the immigration of large numbers of foreign nationals from more impoverished nations in our current society.

The Roman Republic ended in blood and fire with the coming of Sulla after the Grachian Civil War, of Julius Ceasar and Augustus Ceasar ending the domination of the body politic by the senate and giving jobs to the Plebs and Proles.

I worry that our culture will end in the death of our democracy, there are options for Grachian style reforms, but likely the same people who decry the 'breeders' will decry the reforms which could be instituted to better their own position.....

Happy New Year

For various reasons.

Please don't misunderstand, I think the contributions have all been valid so far.

Why is what is being suggested, going to change the government handouts?, or change the mindset of people?. If so can I have my salary tripled, a Bentley and a house on the Orme please?....oh yes and also can I have my hotlist, this Saturday all naked and hard for the next 3 weeks....cheers "

There have been a number of suggestions, many of which are polarised views, some of which I find very distasteful....but they are all valid views because people are entitled to their opinion.

I have not yet offered my solution, so please do not ask me to defend or justify someone elses.

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't.... you're right.

(Henry Ford.... I think) "

Your right, he also said 'thinking is the hardest work there is which is probably the reason why so few engage in it'.

This topic needs a bit of fresh thinking in my view and from a different perspective.

I know its lazy not to read all of both threads but in answer to the original question- how do you penalise the guilty without penalising the innocent?

You don't.

In all situations of so called justice there are many many documented examples of the innocent being declared guilty, and suffering the consequences, I see no difference here.

That is one of society's failings, and, to date, it is not a foolproof situation, so sorry OP, sometimes the guilty get away with it, and sometimes the innocent are punnished.

Sad, but true.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

“How do you penalise the irresponsible without penalising the innocent?”

"

Not sure tbh, but..

Is a young girl who falls pregnant due to ignorance, lack of decent parenting, fear of her body maturing sexually and unable to ask her mum etc etc irresponsible or is it society, her 'community' or the larger 'family' which leads to these sad cases?

We think we live in enlightened times yet how often do we hear of a newborn being abandoned, and how many are hidden to perish alone..

Every now and then we hear of some little mites bones being found under a floor, behind a bath panel..

Yes there are families who for generations have never wanted to work, never had to and that needs addressing..

There are those genuine cases for whom the system was designed who at the moment are having their benefits 'reviewed' as part of the cuts..

Equally so there are some very rich people screwing all of us with what they avoid in taxation..

Its a complex issue and any reform cant be done as a stand alone issue as once you start hitting people on welfare some will of them will look at the recent issue of some of the behaviour by the bankers, financial sector who partly fucked us over and the 'state' rewards them by allowing them to take a bonus from a bank we pretty much own..

People will say if its good enough for them etc, thats human nature...

No system has or will ever be foolproof, designed and run by us 'humans' it will be open to expolitation and abuse..

The 2nd part of the debate has at least avoided some of the disgusting words used in the 1st and that's to be applauded..

wonder if those talking about 'eugenics, scum and sterilisation' etc have ever had a 'cash job done', rounded up thier expenses, not declared something on a tax return?

We are all human, we all err and have failings..

For various reasons.

Why is what is being suggested, going to change the government handouts?, or change the mindset of people?. If so can I have my salary tripled, a Bentley and a house on the Orme please?....oh yes and also can I have my hotlist, this Saturday all naked and hard for the next 3 weeks....cheers "

God only Knows what this means

We have read this thread with interest, and agree with both the Ops and many other peoples posts regarding people who CHOSE to have children whilst not having the means to support them.

i KNOW that many people find themselves through no fault of their own having to claim benefits, and do not begrudge these people at all - like they say "there but for the grace of god go i".

However, i have strong objections to paying out to people who make a CHOICE to go on to have more children when they are already not in a position to support them.

My view is that if you have to go on benefts that state should pay you for the size of the family you have, untill you get back on your feet, but if you then extend that family you get nothing else.

If either of use asked our emplyers for a rise just because we had chosen to concieve we would be laughed at.

If you CHOOSE to have a child when you have no income to support them, you are CHOOSING to deprive and neglect that child.