FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > UNREAD MAIL

UNREAD MAIL

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *elshmail OP   Man  over a year ago

neath

Just thought id get this off my chest, i take the time to write nice polite messages to prospective people id like to meet, only to find they just dont read the mail. It really grinds my gears, does anyone else feel this way?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

probably

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

Easy sollution mate, don't write to anyone and you'll not be dissappointed.

Wait for them to contact you.

nope

I had my first meet with a girl last nite who never read my mails for weeks

now to some they would block as it might appear they werent interested...where would that have got me last nite/this morning?

absolutely fucking nowhere is ur answer

By *elshmail OP   Man  over a year ago

neath

yea but being a single guy i will probably wait forever for them to contact me. I think its expected that the single guys make the first move.

By *acciWoman  over a year ago

leeds

Just because it has been deleted doesnt mean it has not been read,they could have read while you were offline or not looked to see if its been read.

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

Do what I do and don't send messages, get yourself known on the forum, if the ladies like you they will come and find you, just my two cents worth.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

No. I don't write to people. I do find it unnerving when someone I don't know writes me a nasty message cos they got irrate with a total stranger ( me ) for not answering a total stranger ( them ) when they write a message that I never asked for and that totally ignores my profile and asks things that I have already made public to anyone with a modicom of sense.

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

some people do get a lot of mail but I understand where you're coming from - I sometimes send complimentry or funny messages to people I wouldnt expect to meet because of distance or no single mails. Ok its their choice whether they delete or reply but I find it odd that some dont reply when their own profile says something please reply if we message you as it's rude not to, but don't reply themselve or send a rude response, even if your trying to be helpful.

King's Crustacean

"yea but being a single guy i will probably wait forever for them to contact me. I think its expected that the single guys make the first move."

Good reasoning ......now keep following that line and BINGO! You will have answered your own question.....

Keep writing ,stop moaning.

Geez what was I saying on the previous post... ok your emails are not being read... and? you can't force peeps to read them you know!

Why get stressed about it? move on take it as a no...

By *rs-buffWoman  over a year ago

somewhere in east Anglia

In my case i always check the guys profile out first before opening the message ,then i can kinda tell if he has read mine or not first before messaging me ,hasten to add 9x outta 10 they haven't so i dont open or respond to message sent

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"Geez what was I saying on the previous post... ok your emails are not being read... and? you can't force peeps to read them you know!

Why get stressed about it? move on take it as a no... "

By *etish fun and frolicsCouple  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I prefer a message to a wink, and if they read or delete i take it as not interested.

I can understand some on here being so inundated that they can't reply, so i don't take offence at that either.

If in the near future you get a favourable response then it comes as a nice and unexpected suprise.

Stay positive

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Just thought id get this off my chest, i take the time to write nice polite messages to prospective people id like to meet, only to find they just dont read the mail. It really grinds my gears, does anyone else feel this way?"

if the little things give you ulcers like this i hate to imagine what the biggies will do......

its suppose to be fun, if you are not having fun why put yourself thru it...

[Removed by poster at 30/12/11 13:07:47]

"In my case i always check the guys profile out first before opening the message ,then i can kinda tell if he has read mine or not first before messaging me ,hasten to add 9x outta 10 they haven't so i dont open or respond to message sent "

me too

"Just thought id get this off my chest, i take the time to write nice polite messages to prospective people id like to meet, only to find they just dont read the mail. It really grinds my gears, does anyone else feel this way?

if the little things give you ulcers like this i hate to imagine what the biggies will do......

its suppose to be fun, if you are not having fun why put yourself thru it..."

I have four unread messages at the moment. Two are from people who write me most days. My time is limited and I wish to spend it on the forums not email tennis.

If I got an inkling my not responding was causing some angst is relieve that problem by simply deleting and blocking!

Amazing how some people want to dictate how others use the site.

At least they show themselves for people to block them!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

A tip, don't check your sent mail box and you won't get wound up.

King's Crustacean

"A tip, don't check your sent mail box and you won't get wound up."

Confucious in stockings !

if someone has no pics no avatar and nothing in there profile

i don't bother reading

King's Crustacean

That's me of your Xmas list then ...

"That's me of your Xmas list then ..."

"A tip, don't check your sent mail box and you won't get wound up."

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

"In my case i always check the guys profile out first before opening the message ,then i can kinda tell if he has read mine or not first before messaging me ,hasten to add 9x outta 10 they haven't so i dont open or respond to message sent "

Mystic Meg

"if someone has no pics no avatar and nothing in there profile

i don't bother reading"

It always pays to advertise... I must admit we find those profiles like an empty sweetwrapper - something to aim at the bin

Wolf

Just send a relevant nice one liner, they will decide if, your; picture, profile and location are suitable, if you have 3/3 they might reply

Most couples see this as wifeswapping, so single blokes don't have one to swap...

"Just send a relevant nice one liner, they will decide if, your; picture, profile and location are suitable, if you have 3/3 they might reply

Most couples see this as wifeswapping, so single blokes don't have one to swap...

"

...and husbandswapping!

we received a mail recently. a nice one from people near us and with similar likes on their profile. I tend to field the mails first and then we'll both go through them when Tra is here. It's always a joint decision. Tra wasn't here so we didn't reply to it immediately. Went to the day after and we had been blocked.

that told me more about them then the mail did.

oh well..nevermind!

"Just send a relevant nice one liner, they will decide if, your; picture, profile and location are suitable, if you have 3/3 they might reply

...and husbandswapping!"

PC = indeed

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

...and husbandswapping!

PC = indeed "

But what if your not married? lol

Partnerswapping

There's a mail system? I thought it was all done through the forums, blimey if they add the ability to let us post pics up, this would be a great site....... Am I missing out on something?

Seriously, let world peace or universal education for all bake your noodle OP, and as Ruggers said, don't check your sent box (how good would it be if we didn't have that?)

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I'm one of those females who doesn't like to sit back and wait to see if something dishy eventually turns up amongst the tripe which appears in my inbox..... I send messages to guys.

Does it bother me if a guy doesn't open/read/reply...... nope, because I spend my time focusing on the ones who do.

You are far from the first guy who has posted "I write a nice polite message" .... but what you find polite and what others read as polite may not always be the same.

I don't care how polite a message is, if they obviously haven't read my profile, I will feel at liberty to delete, often without reading, these messages.

Then there are the 'polite' messages which are really generic questions just to see who will reply... the ol' "hey how are you doing, how are you finding the site" type thing... they still haven't read my profile, so I feel at liberty to choose not to read their message.

» Add a new message to this topic