FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > When do you take them down ?

When do you take them down ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Your xmas things x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

not a problem for us, never put any up lol

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive only got cards and some holly up. Usually i take the cards down when i decide the dresser needs dusting but ive already took them down and done that and put them back again. So maybe monday. I will keep the holly up longer though cause it looks lovely

"Ive only got cards and some holly up. Usually i take the cards down when i decide the dresser needs dusting but ive already took them down and done that and put them back again. So maybe monday. I will keep the holly up longer though cause it looks lovely"
well i was taking things down today and mum said its un lucky has to be 12 days after ooooo no ,,, what away to start the year . Still have one or two cards up xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i dont put them up either ......i did have a very TK maxx christmas tree this year tho !! bought it in a charity shop for 50p ....i know how to spoil myself ..

"Ive only got cards and some holly up. Usually i take the cards down when i decide the dresser needs dusting but ive already took them down and done that and put them back again. So maybe monday. I will keep the holly up longer though cause it looks lovely well i was taking things down today and mum said its un lucky has to be 12 days after ooooo no ,,, what away to start the year . Still have one or two cards up xx "

the superstition is that you have to take them down by 12th night not actually on 12th night ......

funnily enough i've just done mine. My front room looks so bland and boring without all the colourful decs

Norfolk

"i dont put them up either ......i did have a very TK maxx christmas tree this year tho !! bought it in a charity shop for 50p ....i know how to spoil myself .."

we have got a tree (artificial of course) out in the stable, asked granddaughter is she wanted to put it up for us, yes she said until we allowed her to open one of her prezzies, she would rather do the painting than the decorating, but hey there might be something in that in the future afterall the kitchen needs a lick of paint lol

I always thought it was unlucky to have them up after the 5th which is 12 days from christmas, (havent counted) which counted as the 12 days of christmas.

I dont really take any notice cos everything comes down when I get cleaned up for new year.

"i dont put them up either ......i did have a very TK maxx christmas tree this year tho !! bought it in a charity shop for 50p ....i know how to spoil myself ..

we have got a tree (artificial of course) out in the stable, asked granddaughter is she wanted to put it up for us, yes she said until we allowed her to open one of her prezzies, she would rather do the painting than the decorating, but hey there might be something in that in the future afterall the kitchen needs a lick of paint lol"

stable ???? have you got donkey and 3 wise men ?????

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Not until after New Year.... sometime between the 1st and the 5th.

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

I took mine down the day after boxing day

Norfolk

"i dont put them up either ......i did have a very TK maxx christmas tree this year tho !! bought it in a charity shop for 50p ....i know how to spoil myself ..

we have got a tree (artificial of course) out in the stable, asked granddaughter is she wanted to put it up for us, yes she said until we allowed her to open one of her prezzies, she would rather do the painting than the decorating, but hey there might be something in that in the future afterall the kitchen needs a lick of paint lol

stable ???? have you got donkey and 3 wise men ?????"

Got owls and deer but no donkey at the moment AND I'm the only wise man around here!

March or April or something..... Nope we didn't put any up either, we were away for Xmas anyway....

Hey does anyone on here do all the outside lights and decorations? if so could you lend them to me for 2 weeks in August

All our decs are down already apart from the two trees. Siren will be in hossie giving birth on Twelfth Night so we have to have them all down before then.

"Ive only got cards and some holly up. Usually i take the cards down when i decide the dresser needs dusting but ive already took them down and done that and put them back again. So maybe monday. I will keep the holly up longer though cause it looks lovely well i was taking things down today and mum said its un lucky has to be 12 days after ooooo no ,,, what away to start the year . Still have one or two cards up xx

the superstition is that you have to take them down by 12th night not actually on 12th night ......"

OO thats ok then xx

It's very very unlucky to be superstitious you know!

"All our decs are down already apart from the two trees. Siren will be in hossie giving birth on Twelfth Night so we have to have them all down before then."

if she doesnt pop before

hope she has a safe and pain free delivery xx

Down?

They gone babe, long gone!

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

After 2nd of Jan and before 6th I guess - its our tradition....

Forum Mod

Once the hangover from new years eve has gone

"All our decs are down already apart from the two trees. Siren will be in hossie giving birth on Twelfth Night so we have to have them all down before then.

if she doesnt pop before

hope she has a safe and pain free delivery xx"

Well, it'll be pain free alright - she's having a c-sec.

"All our decs are down already apart from the two trees. Siren will be in hossie giving birth on Twelfth Night so we have to have them all down before then.

if she doesnt pop before

hope she has a safe and pain free delivery xx

Well, it'll be pain free alright - she's having a c-sec. "

its agony afterwards though.. i was only given pissing paracetamol and brufen. Hope her Dr's, Nurses, Midwives are nicer than mine with the pain reflief xxx

your meant to take all christmas decorations down on the 12th night, or epiphany, 6th january, we remember as its as it is mrs lpools birthday that day.

Think it depends on if planned or emergency , I had planned and was up and about day after with no pain killers and no bruising whereas the girl who had an emergency was battered and bruised .

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

One of mine is already down ... well at least it`s not where I put it! I had an air-blown 8 foot tall polar bear on the garage but I see it`s been blown into a tree in next-door`s garden and it was tethered down too!

You normally have a pain killing suppository which is put up your bottom whilst in theatre and is quite effective.

Christmas tree decs I take down on the End January. I shall be sad to see my tree packed away, it looked lovely this year

am stick of the sight of my tree (and the cat playing with the dec's) its coming down tomorrow

I just love the way how pain killing supps an be brought up in the same thread as x mas decorations... I am chuckling

That was meant to read 2nd Jan

"You normally have a pain killing suppository which is put up your bottom whilst in theatre and is quite effective.

Christmas tree decs I take down on the End January. I shall be sad to see my tree packed away, it looked lovely this year "

Decorations are supposed to be taken down on the Ephinany which is when the three wise men visted the baby Jesus. That the UK Christian tradition.

"One of mine is already down ... well at least it`s not where I put it! I had an air-blown 8 foot tall polar bear on the garage but I see it`s been blown into a tree in next-door`s garden and it was tethered down too! "

Lol maybe ours is related.... it keeps trying to legit into next doors too

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"You normally have a pain killing suppository which is put up your bottom whilst in theatre and is quite effective.

Christmas tree decs I take down on the End January. I shall be sad to see my tree packed away, it looked lovely this year

Decorations are supposed to be taken down on the Ephinany which is when the three wise men visted the baby Jesus. That the UK Christian tradition."

When the Ephin 'Ell is the Ephinany?

I ain't got an Ephin clue....

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"I just love the way how pain killing supps an be brought up in the same thread as x mas decorations... I am chuckling "

When you've sat on the tree for as long as i have you need the relief.

"I just love the way how pain killing supps an be brought up in the same thread as x mas decorations... I am chuckling "

Forum threads soon go off subject!

I love Epiphany... it always brings three glorious men to my front door on the 6th Jan ...;-)

"Your xmas things x"

mine have been down for two days now

Cali x

Move house tomorrow...so been down for two days

ours is down bloody cat keeped going up it lol

12 days before xmas they go up and 12 days after you take them down

thats why the song is called the 12 days of xmas lol

"not a problem for us, never put any up lol"
exactly! The trick is 2 avoid putting em up in the first place..got that down 2 a fine art yrs ago

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

Never take the tree down jo, stops having to take the hound for a walk.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

used to take them down 12th night,but is easier to do it while kids are at grans... youngest cries

"not a problem for us, never put any up lol"
+1

my xmas cards string fell down so its all done lol

"Your xmas things x"

Was down on boxing day,

Everything is coming down tomorrow while I listen to AC/DC

By *unwmidscplCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

was down two days ago and house cleaned dam trees lol

By *azzaahhWoman  over a year ago

north wales / chester

"Think it depends on if planned or emergency , I had planned and was up and about day after with no pain killers and no bruising whereas the girl who had an emergency was battered and bruised . "

i had emergency ..agree with the bruised and batterd bt but just pleased wee one was fine ..wahts a few weeks pain when you have gorgeous baby in your life

"Think it depends on if planned or emergency , I had planned and was up and about day after with no pain killers and no bruising whereas the girl who had an emergency was battered and bruised . "

I've had two elective, one emergency, one natural. Only pain free one was natural.

If I had my way decorations would be down Boxing Day but my daughter takes them down the second.

» Add a new message to this topic