FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Am i the only person who is quietly outraged by the aldi advert

Am i the only person who is quietly outraged by the aldi advert

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ablo minibar123 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Very first world problem i know.

So Aldi have an ad at the moment about family healthy eating, they are making big savings through shopping at Aldi and the mother has decided to spend it on buying her partner gym membership as he has put on weight. Which i guess some people might think wow what a lovely idea.

I cant help thinking if this was the other way round and the dad had bought the mum a gym membership as shes got tubby, that there woukd be a national outcry and the advert woukd be taken off air. Why is it socially acceptable to make the guy the butt of the joke.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

"Very first world problem i know.

So Aldi have an ad at the moment about family healthy eating, they are making big savings through shopping at Aldi and the mother has decided to spend it on buying her partner gym membership as he has put on weight. Which i guess some people might think wow what a lovely idea.

I cant help thinking if this was the other way round and the dad had bought the mum a gym membership as shes got tubby, that there woukd be a national outcry and the advert woukd be taken off air. Why is it socially acceptable to make the guy the butt of the joke."

Radical feminism

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm not quietly outrages, I shout at the telly every time I see it.

Years ago I was saying we need to stop normalising this attitude some women have of treating men as incapable. I think Aldi have regressed by about 20 years with this.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Complain if you like. If its showing the woman as stereotypically doing the shopping and the cooking for the man then its breaking the new ASA rules about gender stereotypes

The answer as to why though is because men dont get bent out of shape over jokes like women.

"I'm not quietly outrages, I shout at the telly every time I see it.

Years ago I was saying we need to stop normalising this attitude some women have of treating men as incapable. I think Aldi have regressed by about 20 years with this."

Thank fuck for that, i was driving myself crazy thinking i was the only person who got angry at the tv when it came on

I saw this earlier and it never crossed my mind to be honest but thinking about it now you’re right, someone will definitely kick off about it.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'm not quietly outrages, I shout at the telly every time I see it.

Years ago I was saying we need to stop normalising this attitude some women have of treating men as incapable. I think Aldi have regressed by about 20 years with this.

Thank fuck for that, i was driving myself crazy thinking i was the only person who got angry at the tv when it came on "

Lol. No, I get very annoyed by the patronising attitude *some* media shows towards men. It is improving though.

I don't think we can redress the years of media stereotyping of women by doing the same to men.

I just wish my Mrs would pay for a gym membership for me.

I’d use it honest I would guvvna

Because straight Caucasian men are the only demographic it’s socially acceptable to take the piss out of.

I do t think it’s right but it doesn’t really bother me

Chester/Wirral

"Because straight Caucasian men are the only demographic it’s socially acceptable to take the piss out of.

I do t think it’s right but it doesn’t really bother me"

We are privileged you see.

"Because straight Caucasian men are the only demographic it’s socially acceptable to take the piss out of.

Thinking about it, thats a good point, and no it isnt right.

I cant help thinking if this was the other way round and the dad had bought the mum a gym membership as shes got tubby, that there woukd be a national outcry and the advert woukd be taken off air. Why is it socially acceptable to make the guy the butt of the joke."

Because, so I'm led to believe, women have been downtrodden by men since time began, and the 21st century is revenge time because it's all the fault of the men who are living now. Apparently.

Like Carter said, it's socially acceptable to do this because Men have far thicker skin than women. A lot of women would be outraged and mortified at being told they were overweight and they would take such comments to heart as many are much more fragile in this regard. Furthermore they would be expected to be so, for society deems it highly unnacceptable that someone would be offensive in this way towards them?

Men on the other hand would probably be expected to man the fuck up and pass it off as a joke. Having multiple peers point at a chubby lad, shouting "You fat bastard!" or such like isn't uncommon. The recipient is expected to own it and shake that off.

Can you imagine a crowd gathering around a woman, pointing and repeatedly shouting "You fat bitch!" Hell no, it would be deemed as repulsive behaviour.

We're all products of the society in which we live and that is why men are acceptable targets to be ridiculed in a way that belittles their appearance as they are required to have that stuff just bounce off them. As complaining about such insults or reacting any way similar to that which a woman normally would is seen as being feminine and would probably result in more insults being directed at them?

Chester/Wirral

She should of bought him some Jacamo gift vouchers instead.

By *hechairman18Man  over a year ago

Salford Quays , Manchester

I get more annoyed, by the number of people on TV, who think, it's either acceptable, or funny, to use the F or C word.

"I get more annoyed, by the number of people on TV, who think, it's either acceptable, or funny, to use the F or C word."

Fat cunt?

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Totally unimportant. Do I care??? No not one jot...

"I get more annoyed, by the number of people on TV, who think, it's either acceptable, or funny, to use the F or C word.

Fat cunt?"

Fucking cunt?

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that.

Like you said if it was the other way round there would be outrage. Well let's be honest I don't think it would have been aired if it'd been the other way round.

You could imagine if it was the other way round, they would be discussing it on daytime tv for weeks.

Actually I disagree. There is only one demographic that it is morally and legally possible to not only take the piss out of and even worse be nasty or denigrating to and that is people who are overweight fat obese or any of the other terms used.

To me personally I don't care, as its not me. The women I care about don't see me in that way.

However I do agree with it being the case of having gone from one extreme to the other. Instead of men putting down women, it is now women putting down men.

This advert does not help the case of equality.

All it needed was "I got BOTH of us gym memberships"

Oh i disagree, advertising rarely makes fun of the overweight, i cant actually remember seeing it once, can you give examples?

Actually I disagree. There is only one demographic that it is morally and legally possible to not only take the piss out of and even worse be nasty or denigrating to and that is people who are overweight fat obese or any of the other terms used."

But not the women though.

Actually I disagree. There is only one demographic that it is morally and legally possible to not only take the piss out of and even worse be nasty or denigrating to and that is people who are overweight fat obese or any of the other terms used."

Only if they happen to be a fat white male otherwise no

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I get more annoyed, by the number of people on TV, who think, it's either acceptable, or funny, to use the F or C word.

Fat cunt?"

Haha you do.make me chuckle Queeny

After googling aldi adverts it does seem that kevin the carrot is being complained about alot, the poor mite

"Oh i disagree, advertising rarely makes fun of the overweight, i cant actually remember seeing it once, can you give examples?"

Wasnt necessarily meaning ads, just saw some stupid woman on this morning saying 'fat shaming' was ok and a good thing because it made fat people go and change their lives. But as far as ads go there was the PETA save the whales lose the blubber ad the Ashley Madison life is short have an affair ad and one I cant remember the name of but showed a skinny guy in bed with a big blonde lady in a pvc outfit who was smoking a vape the ad was titled 'No Regrets' the implication being pretty obvious

"Oh i disagree, advertising rarely makes fun of the overweight, i cant actually remember seeing it once, can you give examples?

Wasnt necessarily meaning ads, just saw some stupid woman on this morning saying 'fat shaming' was ok and a good thing because it made fat people go and change their lives. But as far as ads go there was the PETA save the whales lose the blubber ad the Ashley Madison life is short have an affair ad and one I cant remember the name of but showed a skinny guy in bed with a big blonde lady in a pvc outfit who was smoking a vape the ad was titled 'No Regrets' the implication being pretty obvious"

What's the obvious implication of your last example?

"Oh i disagree, advertising rarely makes fun of the overweight, i cant actually remember seeing it once, can you give examples?

Wasnt necessarily meaning ads, just saw some stupid woman on this morning saying 'fat shaming' was ok and a good thing because it made fat people go and change their lives. But as far as ads go there was the PETA save the whales lose the blubber ad the Ashley Madison life is short have an affair ad and one I cant remember the name of but showed a skinny guy in bed with a big blonde lady in a pvc outfit who was smoking a vape the ad was titled 'No Regrets' the implication being pretty obvious

What's the obvious implication of your last example? "

I cant even figure out what its advertising.

Big differnce with fat vs inherent physical characteristics though is its a choice.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

Apparently the SJW, Snowflake and the feminist think it's equality.

Because guys don't winge about menial things. Its not sexist its banter

Big differnce with fat vs inherent physical characteristics though is its a choice.

"

Typical generic response...its always the fat persons choice or fault.

In fact they now know its also down to peoples genes

In a new study, thin people were shown to have specific gene regions in their DNA keeping them slim, while also having fewer gene variants that have been linked to being overweight. And in the opposite direction fat people were found to have specific gene regions in their DNA keeping them overweight, whilst also having more gene variants that have been linked to being overweight.

Yes you can overcome these issues with constant work and effort but it isnt as simple as... You are fat, so its all your own fault!

I don't think this is particularly offensive but there are lots of examples of reverse sexism in advertising at the moment.

I cant help thinking if this was the other way round and the dad had bought the mum a gym membership as shes got tubby, that there woukd be a national outcry and the advert woukd be taken off air. Why is it socially acceptable to make the guy the butt of the joke.

I don't think this is particularly offensive but there are lots of examples of reverse sexism in advertising at the moment.

"

ohh i wouldnt say it is offensive but you can imagine cant you the uproar it would cause if the advert was of a guy saying the woman needs the gym to lose some weight. Pierce morgan would want in on that row i can imagine

In a new study, thin people were shown to have specific gene regions in their DNA keeping them slim, while also having fewer gene variants that have been linked to being overweight. And in the opposite direction fat people were found to have specific gene regions in their DNA keeping them overweight, whilst also having more gene variants that have been linked to being overweight.

Yes you can overcome these issues with constant work and effort but it isnt as simple as... You are fat, so its all your own fault! "

No its not litteraly rhe first line of that study is that in most cases its down to environment or over eating.

Your body is made up 100% of what you put in your mouth, nothing more nothing less.

Thats it, it can only use what you give it.

By *etite HandfulWoman  over a year ago

Chester

Personally not outraged witch ever way it goes for the gym membership but it does shout double standards.

Agreed

By *etite HandfulWoman  over a year ago

Chester

"

Yes you can overcome these issues with constant work and effort but it isnt as simple as... You are fat, so its all your own fault! "

But it is as simple as that unless you are force fed its the individual who places food in their mouth its the individual who chooses not to exercise its very very simple if you eat more calories than you burn off you put on weight using the excuse I am lazy and eat a lot because of my genetic makeup is a pathetic excuse.

ohh i wouldnt say it is offensive but you can imagine cant you the uproar it would cause if the advert was of a guy saying the woman needs the gym to lose some weight. Pierce morgan would want in on that row i can imagine "

Likewise (in tv ad world) it's ok for women to comment on a hot guy in a cringey manner but men are no longer allowed to notice good looking girls.

I know some major wrongs needed putting right but we've all lost our way somewhere.

ohh i wouldnt say it is offensive but you can imagine cant you the uproar it would cause if the advert was of a guy saying the woman needs the gym to lose some weight. Pierce morgan would want in on that row i can imagine

Likewise (in tv ad world) it's ok for women to comment on a hot guy in a cringey manner but men are no longer allowed to notice good looking girls.

I know some major wrongs needed putting right but we've all lost our way somewhere.

"

Good point, i have noticed that also, the diet break adverts for example.

"

Yes you can overcome these issues with constant work and effort but it isnt as simple as... You are fat, so its all your own fault!

But it is as simple as that unless you are force fed its the individual who places food in their mouth its the individual who chooses not to exercise its very very simple if you eat more

calories than you burn off you put on weight using the excuse I am lazy and eat a lot because of my genetic makeup is a pathetic excuse. "

Harsh........ what if theyre just big boned!?

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

What about the 'Vicks' advert? Why the f*ck is she rubbing it on her partners chest?

That pisses me off more

By *irthandgirthMan  over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

The science of this is pretty flawed. If you go back a couple of generations obesity was far rarer than now. It is true that individuals are predisposed to store/burn fat stores differently. Even though there has always been a spectrum of build structure in the population (excluding genetic/illness abnormalities) the shift towards the heavier build has been marked in the last 30 years or so. There is no way we have evolved at a genetic level so fast. That leaves environmental factors.

So what has changed? A massive shift in diet from fresh ingredients to processed food, an overall calorific consumption. Societal changes, more and more jobs are automated so there has been a shift from manual labour to sedentary jobs. Increased automation in the home. Laundry, cooking are less labour intensive.

Online shopping means you don't even need to get off the sofa. Not being as active in our daily lives has meant that we have had to create an entire health industry to get us back to where our bidies were 40-50 years ago.

I would always be very sceptical about any study that says being overweight is a condition, this happened in America. It was pushed by the pharmaceutical companies to have obesity classified as a disease so they could have their miracle cures sold as prescription at a huge profit.

Toxic feminism is a thing now.

By *anana JoeMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

Its only mirroring what went on in the 70s and 80s to women why let it bother you just rise above many women have been classy and done that in the past.

Good point, i have noticed that also, the diet break adverts for example. "

Yes. I don't feel offended in any way and for God's sake what us guys have to put up with is zilch compared to the way women have been treated over the generations.

I just think it's really pathetic and cringey and from a time we've left behind.

Im now so incandescent with rage...next time I go to Aldis I'm only buying female jelly babies-even though there's less on them !

Thinking about it, thats a good point, and no it isnt right."

I'm going with the first two points here, even the third in that it's not right but as a fully paid up member of said demographic I really don't give a fuck....

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

Overweight wives live longer than husbands who mention it

"What about the 'Vicks' advert? Why the f*ck is she rubbing it on her partners chest?

That pisses me off more "

Because the advert is supposed to be portraying a couple that actually love each other and who haven't become embittered by failed relationships and insecurities?

Yes. I don't feel offended in any way and for God's sake what us guys have to put up with is zilch compared to the way women have been treated over the generations.

I just think it's really pathetic and cringey and from a time we've left behind.

"

*gives a wink to the female gallery*

"

So, do you think the onus is on the current generation of men to make up for the supposed poor way women have been treated by generations past? Isn't that a "sins of my father" kind of thing?

"

Nothing like a bit of condescension to end the dry spell eh fella?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've felt saddened by this advert, as a poorly thought through example of what's acceptable - it is like stepping back in time and seems a facile attempt at advertising.

It's really deterred me from being a customer again.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

No its not litteraly rhe first line of that study is that in most cases its down to environment or over eating.

Your body is made up 100% of what you put in your mouth, nothing more nothing less.

"

So a question, my friend never puts any weight on an eats anything she likes and more than I eat ( even has a chocolate drawer full of mars bars etc that she snacks on every night ) and yet I have to work at keeping the weight off if I ate the same as her?

Sheffield

"

So a question, my friend never puts any weight on an eats anything she likes and more than I eat ( even has a chocolate drawer full of mars bars etc that she snacks on every night ) and yet I have to work at keeping the weight off if I ate the same as her?"

I would say she is less lethargic and burns them off if thats true.

By *rtraymondo76Man  over a year ago

Cheltenham

My problem has always been I'm not overweight, I'm under tall, so it just looks that way. Want to experience a bit of good natured p**s taking? Go get a job on a building site.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

So a question, my friend never puts any weight on an eats anything she likes and more than I eat ( even has a chocolate drawer full of mars bars etc that she snacks on every night ) and yet I have to work at keeping the weight off if I ate the same as her?

I would say she is less lethargic and burns them off if thats true."

So you are assuming I am not as active as her?

Sheffield

"

So you are assuming I am not as active as her?"

Probably not based on the information you gave as activity uses calories so if as you put it if you eat the same as her and her weight stays low she must be burning more off so its fair to assume its through activity.

In reality also bigger people burn off more at rest than smaller ones aka mens daily advised intake opposed to womens.The human body is a highly efficient machine and we all absorb pretty much the same amount of energy from food as others its some just burn it all off and some who do less don't so it is converted to fat cells.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Then you assume wrong

Sheffield

"Then you assume wrong "

No I don't! If you don't like a honest answer then not much we can do about it some people think the earth is flat they are wrong too!

Fact! If you eat more than you burn off you put on weight!

"

So a question, my friend never puts any weight on an eats anything she likes and more than I eat ( even has a chocolate drawer full of mars bars etc that she snacks on every night ) and yet I have to work at keeping the weight off if I ate the same as her?"

She may burn more energy ie "run hotter" with a less efficent metabolism.

Think of it lile having a gas guzzling v8 and a prius.

If you both drive the same distance and both top up the same amount each time the v8 will just be filling the tank while the prius will be putting jerry cans full of spare petrol in the boot.

You burn less so eat less.

[Removed by poster at 30/01/19 14:33:47]

"

So you are assuming I am not as active as her?"

I don't think anyone could make those assumptions. It's a fact that different people burn calories at different rates. Some will need less calories.

However whilst some people's metabolisms allow them to eat as much as they like and metaphorically never put anything on (which in itself can be a different kind of problem as you're often hungry as you simply don't have the time to cram enough food into you to keep fuelling the inferno inside you) everyone has it within their power to avoid being morbidly obese, simply by eating a fraction of what these high metabolism people do. As it's clear that bodies don't need as many carbs/fat as they're being fed otherwise they wouldn't be stowing it away as fatty tissue?

Easy for me to say perhaps as I have a high metabolism. However I also do a marathon on foot a day with work and carry, lift and lock 50-75kg components into place hundreds of times a day over 12 hours as part of my job. My own problem is having the time to cram about 1500 of the right kind of calories into my system every chance I get during the day?

B

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

If you both drive the same distance and both top up the same amount each time the v8 will just be filling the tank while the prius will be putting jerry cans full of spare petrol in the boot.

You burn less so eat less."

Yeah she isn't any more active than me.

All I know is I have to work at it to keep my weight down, although there is a plus side, I don't have her chocolate bill

"

All I know is I have to work at it to keep my weight down, although there is a plus side, I don't have her chocolate bill "

Im not saying she is im saying shes less efficient shes the v8 your the prius.

To do the same "work" you require less fuel.

So if you both consume the same you'll end up storing the spare while she'll be just maintaining.

A fraction of a degree hotter body temp will radically change energy requirements.

This is how DNP the ludicrisly dangerous diet medication used to work before it was very rightly banned.

It mad respiration less efricent your body needed the same amount of energy but had to burn more to make it the result being increases body heat.

Bur as it Needed to make the same energy it couldn't dial back, you take too much you die of heat stroke.

Its shitty as you probbaly get hungry at the same point but you just require a bit less food

The dad buying the mum a gym membership would only happen on an insurance or beer advert.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Anyway OP...I agree, if it was the other way round there would be uproar, but is it because men think differently than women? I know the OH told me something he had said to his mate about his weight and I said blimey you can't say that and he answered with, we are blokes, it isn't a problem.

Now the organising of the mans Gym membership is worse for me, it sounds like the Mother in law who at the weekend told ME that my OH needed a haircut. She didn't mention it to him. I think some women think we should be mothers to the husband too

Sheffield

"

All I know is I have to work at it to keep my weight down, although there is a plus side, I don't have her chocolate bill "

Now who is making assumptions you don't know what she does or dosn't unless you are there 24/7. Maybe she spends a lot less time sat behind a computer screen who knows only her. The facts dont lie on weight gain we are just in a sad society who don't like the reality.

Sheffield

"A fraction of a degree hotter body temp will radically change energy requirements.

This is how DNP the ludicrisly dangerous diet medication used to work before it was very rightly banned.

It mad respiration less efricent your body needed the same amount of energy but had to burn more to make it the result being increases body heat.

Bur as it Needed to make the same energy it couldn't dial back, you take too much you die of heat stroke.

Its shitty as you probbaly get hungry at the same point but you just require a bit less food"

But the human body isn't vary by such extremes from one individual to another by that amount. In relation to the metabolic rate the standard deviation of the population (68%) was within 6-8% of the average metabolic rate. Extending this, 2 standard deviations of the population (96%) was within 10-16% of the population average. Advice based on 2,000kcal equated to the 8% high mean would give 160Kcal more for someone with near the top end which is a 8 oz. of skim milk with a shot of espresso, or 2 cups of air-popped popcorn.

"A fraction of a degree hotter body temp will radically change energy requirements.

Its shitty as you probbaly get hungry at the same point but you just require a bit less food

But the human body isn't vary by such extremes from one individual to another by that amount. In relation to the metabolic rate the standard deviation of the population (68%) was within 6-8% of the average metabolic rate. Extending this, 2 standard deviations of the population (96%) was within 10-16% of the population average. Advice based on 2,000kcal equated to the 8% high mean would give 160Kcal more for someone with near the top end which is a 8 oz. of skim milk with a shot of espresso, or 2 cups of air-popped popcorn."

Or

168kcal per day, 58,400kcal per year

9kcsl per g of fat or 6.4kg (1 stone) of fat gain per year differnce if they ate the same

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Now who is making assumptions you don't know what she does or dosn't unless you are there 24/7. Maybe she spends a lot less time sat behind a computer screen who knows only her. The facts dont lie on weight gain we are just in a sad society who don't like the reality.

"

Again implying that I sit behind a PC screen all day. That is ok if it is how you want to debate but it is coming across as assuming a lot

We do this thing called talk, we get to know what each other does so how we know about each other.

You are talking as if I am making excuses, none of my posts suggest that.

I accept that she can eat more than I can and I have to watch what I eat or I will put on weight. It isn't a problem for me ( apart from knowing I can't eat as many goodies as I would like ) but I know my limitations and at the moment I happy as I am.

I just thinking losing weight isn't always about what you put or not put in my mouth....ie you eat less and lose weight, we are all different in how we would lose weight.

By *ain n MableWoman  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

You shouldn't be outraged by the commercial, you should be outraged that society has made you feel that way.

"Overweight wives live longer than husbands who mention it "
and rightfully so

Like Carter said, it's socially acceptable to do this because Men have far thicker skin than women. A lot of women would be outraged and mortified at being told they were overweight and they would take such comments to heart as many are much more fragile in this regard. Furthermore they would be expected to be so, for society deems it highly unnacceptable that someone would be offensive in this way towards them?

Men on the other hand would probably be expected to man the fuck up and pass it off as a joke. Having multiple peers point at a chubby lad, shouting "You fat bastard!" or such like isn't uncommon. The recipient is expected to own it and shake that off.

Can you imagine a crowd gathering around a woman, pointing and repeatedly shouting "You fat bitch!" Hell no, it would be deemed as repulsive behaviour.

We're all products of the society in which we live and that is why men are acceptable targets to be ridiculed in a way that belittles their appearance as they are required to have that stuff just bounce off them. As complaining about such insults or reacting any way similar to that which a woman normally would is seen as being feminine and would probably result in more insults being directed at them?"

At least men dont have to suffer a constant barrage of misogyny and sexual harassment, plus the occasional sexual assault, that women have had to endure since time immemorial.

It's not nice to poke fun at anyone, I agree, but the 'poor wee men' sentiment on this thread is laughable really.

We're all products of the society in which we live and that is why men are acceptable targets to be ridiculed in a way that belittles their appearance as they are required to have that stuff just bounce off them. As complaining about such insults or reacting any way similar to that which a woman normally would is seen as being feminine and would probably result in more insults being directed at them?

At least men dont have to suffer a constant barrage of misogyny and sexual harassment, plus the occasional sexual assault, that women have had to endure since time immemorial.

It's not nice to poke fun at anyone, I agree, but the 'poor wee men' sentiment on this thread is laughable really."

Yeah they just get beaten and murdered instead

It's not nice to poke fun at anyone, I agree, but the 'poor wee men' sentiment on this thread is laughable really."

Sometimes the worst anti-smokers are ex-smokers.

Not that “quietly”...

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

You are taking adverts way too seriously.

By *etter the devil you knowWoman  over a year ago

Lyndhurst

I havnt seen it but i agree with you and thinks its wrong.

By *ngelina4uWoman  over a year ago

Camberley/Middleton

But the human body isn't vary by such extremes from one individual to another by that amount. In relation to the metabolic rate the standard deviation of the population (68%) was within 6-8% of the average metabolic rate. Extending this, 2 standard deviations of the population (96%) was within 10-16% of the population average. Advice based on 2,000kcal equated to the 8% high mean would give 160Kcal more for someone with near the top end which is a 8 oz. of skim milk with a shot of espresso, or 2 cups of air-popped popcorn.

Or

9kcsl per g of fat or 6.4kg (1 stone) of fat gain per year differnce if they ate the same"

About 25 min walk would more that alter that Oh an in relation to chocolate a mars bar is 1.5 times that lol can I join in the pedantic waffle you two are spouting.

As for Joe well they say 80kcals is the difference between a good metabolic rate and a bad one which is half what you said.

The only bit I agree with is you are what you eat and with most people its too much.

Or

9kcsl per g of fat or 6.4kg (1 stone) of fat gain per year differnce if they ate the same

About 25 min walk would more that alter that Oh an in relation to chocolate a mars bar is 1.5 times that lol can I join in the pedantic waffle you two are spouting.

As for Joe well they say 80kcals is the difference between a good metabolic rate and a bad one which is half what you said.

The only bit I agree with is you are what you eat and with most people its too much."

But the 25 min walk ruins the "we do the same" side which was the whole point.

By *ngelina4uWoman  over a year ago

Camberley/Middleton

Or

The only bit I agree with is you are what you eat and with most people its too much.

But the 25 min walk ruins the "we do the same" side which was the whole point.

"

When you put on weight you burn more calories so your math is buggered! Carry on and I will report you to the RSPCA for flogging a dead dog sweetie.

It's not nice to poke fun at anyone, I agree, but the 'poor wee men' sentiment on this thread is laughable really.

Sometimes the worst anti-smokers are ex-smokers."

Whatever.

I've seen it from both sides, and I know who has it worst.

When men are simply walking down the street, do women come along and harass them? No, but Women have to put up with this type of behaviour all the time.

Then there's the banter in the office: well it's just a bit of fun isn't it? No, its not, especially for the women who have to put up with it.

Then there's the up-skirting, arse fondling and boob groping too. I suppose women enjoy all that too?

Look, I know that men have problems with things like toxic masculinity, and I'm certainly not saying that life as a man is a breeze, but please try to get some perspective. Women have it much worse, and have had for generations.

Whatever.

When men are simply walking down the street, do women come along and harass them? No, but Women have to put up with this type of behaviour all the time.

Then there's the banter in the office: well it's just a bit of fun isn't it? No, its not, especially for the women who have to put up with it.

Then there's the up-skirting, arse fondling and boob groping too. I suppose women enjoy all that too?

Look, I know that men have problems with things like toxic masculinity, and I'm certainly not saying that life as a man is a breeze, but please try to get some perspective. Women have it much worse, and have had for generations.

"

Yeah no.

OK, so what was the obvious implication? I don't get it.

Whatever.

"

You say women have had it worse, but how so apart from "up-skirting, arse fondling and boob groping"? During the 2 wars over 1 million British men died, as opposed to 70 000 civilians, of which women were in the majority but that's still less than 7% of the amount of men who gave their lives. Between 1940 and 1995, women retired at 60 whereas men were forced to work until 65 until they got their pension. So, tell me again - how have women had it "worse"?

"What about the 'Vicks' advert? Why the f*ck is she rubbing it on her partners chest?

That pisses me off more

Because the advert is supposed to be portraying a couple that actually love each other and who haven't become embittered by failed relationships and insecurities?"

If it was the other way round someone woukd be screaming did she give consent for her chest to be touched?

Males are sexually assaulted a lot more than occasionally.

Nothing like a bit of condescension to end the dry spell eh fella?"

Refers the honourable poster to my reply on the "favourite insult" thread.

Nothing like a bit of condescension to end the dry spell eh fella?

Refers the honourable poster to my reply on the "favourite insult" thread."

I cba searching so im going to assume its "'you glorious motherfucker"

First world problems ..Outrage over adverts .

Men are taken the piss of on here all the time and told to man up.

By *ouplewatcher83Man  over a year ago

Northwich

I happen to know the gent in the advert, I'd love to show him the debate the advert has caused!! As it happens he's not even overweight .... Does that make the advert worse??

I happen to know the gent in the advert, I'd love to show him the debate the advert has caused!! As it happens he's not even overweight .... Does that make the advert worse?? "

Exactly to me he doesnt look overweight , it does make it worse yeah

Whatever.

You say women have had it worse, but how so apart from "up-skirting, arse fondling and boob groping"? During the 2 wars over 1 million British men died, as opposed to 70 000 civilians, of which women were in the majority but that's still less than 7% of the amount of men who gave their lives. Between 1940 and 1995, women retired at 60 whereas men were forced to work until 65 until they got their pension. So, tell me again - how have women had it "worse"?"

Yeah, those wars that women started. Bitches!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Really? Is this a thing to be outraged by?

evesham

Whatever.

You say women have had it worse, but how so apart from "up-skirting, arse fondling and boob groping"? During the 2 wars over 1 million British men died, as opposed to 70 000 civilians, of which women were in the majority but that's still less than 7% of the amount of men who gave their lives. Between 1940 and 1995, women retired at 60 whereas men were forced to work until 65 until they got their pension. So, tell me again - how have women had it "worse"?"

In wars in which women were not able to serve? You're comparing apples and oranges.

Are you denying that women have been oppressed in the past? Denying the sexual harassment of women? Denying that a great many women's achievements gave either been hidden or taken by men? Denying that women were seen as the weaker sex, told they couldn't run long distances in case their wombs fell out (yes this is true, until Katherine switzer his her gender to enter the Boston marathon and proved then wrong). History is littered with examples where women have been overlooked, suffered sexual harrasmeht and discrimination yet you seem to want to discredit this by using examples of war and pensions?

"Really? Is this a thing to be outraged by? "
. I'm fuming with rage actually...lets form an unrurly mob with burning torches outside Aldis evil sexist etc etc...(can I do some shopping first!)

"Really? Is this a thing to be outraged by? "

You’re confusing outrage with being annoyed at double standards.

evesham

"Really? Is this a thing to be outraged by?

You’re confusing outrage with being annoyed at double standards. "

I'm confusing nothing dear tame....the title of the thread says the OP is outraged by the advert!

"Really? Is this a thing to be outraged by? . I'm fuming with rage actually...lets form an unrurly mob with burning torches outside Aldis evil sexist etc etc...(can I do some shopping first!)"

Tbh that does sound fun. And no you can't shop first.

"Really? Is this a thing to be outraged by?

You’re confusing outrage with being annoyed at double standards.

I'm confusing nothing dear tame....the title of the thread says the OP is outraged by the advert! "

It’s a hyperbole title, read the rest and it’s just mild annoyance.

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

Doesn't really bother me either. Seems to be the only demographic not allowed to be hypersensitive to all the microaggressions of the world.

Doesn't really bother me either. Seems to be the only demographic not allowed to be hypersensitive to all the microaggressions of the world. "

That is an interesting point both times it's made , they felt it was a safe demographic to choose and obviously it was. Still pretty off in my opinion though.

» Add a new message to this topic