FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have just been prescribed Diazepam for a trapped nerve in my shoulder and my friend said could make me either totally spaced out or even suicidal so apologising now just in case I dont make any sense in the next cpl days and yes I know I dont normally anyway

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i had it the other year for pain in my back.... i was on another planet, had to stop taking it, it made me feel unwell, hope it helps you tho x

By *orestersCouple  over a year ago

The Forest

Diazepam for a trapped nerve? Your GP's surname isn't Shipman is it? Better off with voltarol.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

You'll probably find it is a much lower dose than used to treat depression.

"Diazepam for a trapped nerve? Your GP's surname isn't Shipman is it? Better off with voltarol."

was up at hospital

"You'll probably find it is a much lower dose than used to treat depression."

My friends son had it for mental health issues he was on 1mg a day less than me but the good thing is I should sleep well

I was perscribed them a yr ago for siatic nerve and back trouble (along with many other tablets), and have to admit i was a little spaced out at first, but they did help me sleep which was a bonus point, you proberly wont notice them helping you straight away can take 2 weeks as they work like a pain blocker and send a mess to the brain so subside the pain, stick with them as i said they will help, but do NOT stop them with out advice from your doctor, as the effects from "just stopping" can be bad for you as they are highly addictive, good luck with your pain xx

"I was perscribed them a yr ago for siatic nerve and back trouble (along with many other tablets), and have to admit i was a little spaced out at first, but they did help me sleep which was a bonus point, you proberly wont notice them helping you straight away can take 2 weeks as they work like a pain blocker and send a mess to the brain so subside the pain, stick with them as i said they will help, but do NOT stop them with out advice from your doctor, as the effects from "just stopping" can be bad for you as they are highly addictive, good luck with your pain xx"

Think the pain will feel better if I sleep better if that makes sense .

I would say continue with the medication your GP has prescribed and if you get side effects then make an appointment to see your GP to explain.

We would all react differently to prescription drugs therefore all of us will have different experiences and no two people are the same.

I would advise never to take any medical advice or listen to horror stories from friends, relatives, people on swinging sites etc as the likelihood is that they are not qualified medical professions and sometimes people think just because they may suffer from a similar thing, it does not automatically mean they are an expert in that field.

Its like the receptionist at a GPs surgery telling a patient who is complaining of headaches to go away and take a couple of paracetemol. Beware the pseudo doctors

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

More spaced than normal, batten down the hatches lol

Seriously hope it works hun, know you been in pain a lot

"More spaced than normal, batten down the hatches lol

Seriously hope it works hun, know you been in pain a lot"

I know its a dam scary thought that isnt it

And thank you xx

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"I would say continue with the medication your GP has prescribed and if you get side effects then make an appointment to see your GP to explain.

We would all react differently to prescription drugs therefore all of us will have different experiences and no two people are the same.

I would advise never to take any medical advice or listen to horror stories from friends, relatives, people on swinging sites etc as the likelihood is that they are not qualified medical professions and sometimes people think just because they may suffer from a similar thing, it does not automatically mean they are an expert in that field.

Its like the receptionist at a GPs surgery telling a patient who is complaining of headaches to go away and take a couple of paracetemol. Beware the pseudo doctors "

Which is why I would recommend talking to a pharmacist first, rather than the GP in the first instance.

Doctors know about the body and the condition.

Pharmacists know about the drugs and how they work in the body.

The side effects experienced whilst taking many types of prescription drugs can often be reduced or eliminated by talking to a pharmacist.

Be careful! I was prescribed codienefor back problems and was on them for quite a while and ended up in all kinds of shite with them from strange side effects to addiction and withdrawal.

If you are only using them short term you should be ok, just keep an eye on how long you will be prescribed to them.

"Be careful! I was prescribed codienefor back problems and was on them for quite a while and ended up in all kinds of shite with them from strange side effects to addiction and withdrawal.

If you are only using them short term you should be ok, just keep an eye on how long you will be prescribed to them."

7 days thats it

"I would say continue with the medication your GP has prescribed and if you get side effects then make an appointment to see your GP to explain.

Its like the receptionist at a GPs surgery telling a patient who is complaining of headaches to go away and take a couple of paracetemol. Beware the pseudo doctors

Which is why I would recommend talking to a pharmacist first, rather than the GP in the first instance.

The side effects experienced whilst taking many types of prescription drugs can often be reduced or eliminated by talking to a pharmacist.

"

Yes that's a really good point, pharmacists are a fountain of knowledge and certainly more accessible

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

good luck with them,hope it gets better soon,constant pain is very wearing

light duties in the fight to save the world for you then hehe

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Commonly prescribed as a muscle relaxant for those who experience severe muscle spasms due to trapped nerves/sciatica etc....

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Yes that's a really good point, pharmacists are a fountain of knowledge and certainly more accessible "

Our local pharmacist is brilliant, always happy to chat, rerally helpful, but then so are our doctors, double bonus!!

» Add a new message to this topic