FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Easy to get, hard to lose

Easy to get, hard to lose

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rontier Psychiatrist OP   Man  over a year ago

Coventry

Bloody fat of course. I'm not vain and like my body. I've always been bulky and happy with that. Always been hedonistic when it comes to food and drink as well as sex. But on the other hand always exercised and kept myself reasonably fit. But before Christmas I had to do a lot of learning and long hours for work. So I didn't hit the gym much. And then party season hit. I'm not interested in being trim or toned. But there comes a time when you know you've put too much weight on for your own good and that is not healthy. Plus I'm well aware of my tightening waist bands and too tight to buy a new wardrobe. So I'm making adjustments in my diet (sadly) and getting back to gym now work has stabilised. I will get my fitness back and by process get back to a healthier weight for me. But what I'm finding bloody annoying is that weight goes on some bloody easy but is so hard to get back off. Any one else?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Millions of us!! I heard the start of a very depressing piece on Jeremy Vine show this lunchtime which basically described how the fattest you have ever been is what your body considers to be the 'correct' weight for you, and it is always fighting, hormonally, to get you back there!! How miserable is that lol!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah but if you're determined you'll lose it. I've lost 3 out of 4 stone. This this the slow bit but I'm not gonna be a fatty anymore so it'll happen eventually. You have to really want to do it. That's my advice. Sort your mind out first.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Thought this was going to be about chlamydia

By *lceeWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Millions of us!! I heard the start of a very depressing piece on Jeremy Vine show this lunchtime which basically described how the fattest you have ever been is what your body considers to be the 'correct' weight for you, and it is always fighting, hormonally, to get you back there!! How miserable is that lol!! "

I was 22 stone!!! Fark...my body may take a while to put that back on again.

Yes...goes on super quick, comes off achingly slowly, with lots of sweat. Get that gym playlist right and hit it hard OP! I’m in pain with you

"Bloody fat of course. I'm not vain and like my body. I've always been bulky and happy with that. Always been hedonistic when it comes to food and drink as well as sex. But on the other hand always exercised and kept myself reasonably fit. But before Christmas I had to do a lot of learning and long hours for work. So I didn't hit the gym much. And then party season hit. I'm not interested in being trim or toned. But there comes a time when you know you've put too much weight on for your own good and that is not healthy. Plus I'm well aware of my tightening waist bands and too tight to buy a new wardrobe. So I'm making adjustments in my diet (sadly) and getting back to gym now work has stabilised. I will get my fitness back and by process get back to a healthier weight for me. But what I'm finding bloody annoying is that weight goes on some bloody easy but is so hard to get back off. Any one else?"

You're not vain? I bet you don't pass a mirror without checking your hair! ...

...Up on the Downs

"Millions of us!! I heard the start of a very depressing piece on Jeremy Vine show this lunchtime which basically described how the fattest you have ever been is what your body considers to be the 'correct' weight for you, and it is always fighting, hormonally, to get you back there!! How miserable is that lol!!

I was 22 stone!!! Fark...my body may take a while to put that back on again.

"

But that sad thing is it is always trying to apparently - your brain does not 'accept' that your new low weight is better, so you have to continue with the will power (fighting your internal drives) long after the diet has finished. The internal 'drive' will always be to regain the weight, it is something you have to fight the rest of your life.

Fat is like weetabix in a bowl, the longer you leave it the harder it is to get off.

Also if you think of a fat cell like a balloon, when you put on weight/fat the balloons (fat cells) full up and reproduce, when you lose weight the balloons empty but they’re still there ready to be filled back up again, that’s why it’s so easy to put weight on again after you’ve lost it, it’s cos the cells are there ready to expand again.

The only way you can permanently get rid of fat cells is with liposuction but then the weight would just redistribute on an area that didn’t have lipo.

It’s fucking hard work getting rid of fat. I’ve put on weight since Xmas but I’m eating really bad lately. I’m an emotional eater and when I’m stressed I’m feeling down I’ll eat, and eat foods that are lovely but bad.

I’m not ready to think about losing weight yet cos I’m decorating my bathroom and downstairs toilet and ridiculous as it sounds, when there’s chaos and mess in my house I can’t think straight and don’t have the right frame of mind. I just want comfort food.

In a couple of weeks I’m gonna have to get back on track ready for summer and my holiday.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Lost 13 lbs after xmass(40 days) when on holiday 1 week up 6 lbs.

Well he we go...

Lifestyle change is the only way I’m afraid, u can still eat what u want, but maybe cut out the bad stuff in the week? Exercise wise I would recommend group exercise classes, going to the gym is boring and on your own it’s hard to really push yourself. In a group you have to push yourself and after a while u get to know people and it becomes a bit more fun. I joined a local pump class a few months ago and once I got my head around the lack of guys and the amount of pink, I found I really enjoyed it and had a newfound respect for some of the ladies in the class

...Up on the Downs

"Lifestyle change is the only way I’m afraid, u can still eat what u want, but maybe cut out the bad stuff in the week? Exercise wise I would recommend group exercise classes, going to the gym is boring and on your own it’s hard to really push yourself. In a group you have to push yourself and after a while u get to know people and it becomes a bit more fun. I joined a local pump class a few months ago and once I got my head around the lack of guys and the amount of pink, I found I really enjoyed it and had a newfound respect for some of the ladies in the class"

Amount of pink lol....

"Millions of us!! I heard the start of a very depressing piece on Jeremy Vine show this lunchtime which basically described how the fattest you have ever been is what your body considers to be the 'correct' weight for you, and it is always fighting, hormonally, to get you back there!! How miserable is that lol!! "

Really?! That’s depressing to hear. Explains why a lot of people on the likes of WW & SW pile weight back on and more when they stop the eating plans.

Age related hormones are a biatch..!

It's true

I've lost and gained the same 3 stone ish over and over again over the last 15yrs.

I always put on a bit extra each time I gain.

I'm at my biggest ever now - and have no motivation to lose it.

I'm trying to accept my size 18 body - but I know I'll hate myself in the summertime

Tell me about it. I put on 9 stone almost 19 years ago and the least I've weight since was 14st 11lbs.

I'm in a can't stop eating crap period at the moment and it's crept up to 103kgs, whatever that is in stones and pounds.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

In 2004, I was at 26 stones! My lifestyle, eating habits etc, were out of control & I'd little exercise in my life.

A mini Heart Attack was my Wake-Up Call that year. I escaped serious long term damage to my heart; in fact, only last October, as part of a medical investigation, I was advised my heart is as healthy as that of someone 30 yrs younger.

I'm at 15st 8lbs now & have stuck at this level for a few years now; sometimes I might get down to around 15st, but I can never seem to get down below that.

» Add a new message to this topic