FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Missed Opportunities

Missed Opportunities

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Shoulda, woulda, coulda's at my daughters pathway meeting last night and she is so juiced and excited about her future and uni her life is truly starting. Looking at uni's and courses of what she wants to do. It has made me rather envious her whole future ahead of her. So whats your missed opportunities and what would you have liked to do different or what would you say to your younger self if you could do it all over again.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Shoulda, woulda, coulda's at my daughters pathway meeting last night and she is so juiced and excited about her future and uni her life is truly starting. Looking at uni's and courses of what she wants to do. It has made me rather envious her whole future ahead of her. So whats your missed opportunities and what would you have liked to do different or what would you say to your younger self if you could do it all over again."

it is never too late, sign up for a course as a mature student if there is a dream to follow....... follow it

good luck

By *lam rockerMan  over a year ago

Tain

just do it!

What's the worst that can happen - you get accepted - and then have to go to classes with 18 year old male totty!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Have had a lot of missed opportunities in my life but only one regret. My son has just started to come into his own and its so lovely to watch. If my life had been different would i be the person i am today? I dont know but i pretty much like the person i am

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i would have told myself not to dick around at college so much and study.

went to the best college in my area but decided being the class clown was more interesting than studying accountancy and business.

oh where i could be right now.........

then again, i have a decent life so cant grumble too much

Not enough time at the mo already at college training to be a teaching assistant never know after might train as a teacher will see how it goes. Oh but to have the student life would be awesome.

"i would have told myself not to dick around at college so much and study.

went to the best college in my area but decided being the class clown was more interesting than studying accountancy and business.

oh where i could be right now.........

then again, i have a decent life so cant grumble too much"

+1

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

no advice needed for mine,they are both doing what they wanted to do,its great seeing them get on in life and happy,as a Mum i couldnt have asked for more....must have done something right eh

You can do things if you really want to and are focused. I have retrained, studied, gained relevant qualifications. In fact I've been studying for so long that it felt strange not doing something and learning something new, which is why I enrolled on the photography course

I do wish I'd travelled more when I was younger but just have to do it now I'm an oldie

Be happy for your daughter and remember that she is probably where she is because of you. My eldest is in his last year at Uni and he has had a great time. Like you,I just went to college and missed out on all the fun but I take pride in my son having achieved what he has.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"Shoulda, woulda, coulda's at my daughters pathway meeting last night and she is so juiced and excited about her future and uni her life is truly starting. Looking at uni's and courses of what she wants to do. It has made me rather envious her whole future ahead of her. So whats your missed opportunities and what would you have liked to do different or what would you say to your younger self if you could do it all over again."

Say yes to the 24 yr old who asked me to go back to his on nye when i was 17, he was way better looking than the spotty teen i ended up giving a bj too

Its never to late x if you would like to really do somthing go for it and dont sit there thinking if only ... you have to think positive in this life. No matter of your age xx xx

" what would you say to your younger self if you could do it all over again."
TAKE THOSE F'ING WALKMAN EAR PLUGS OUT, TURN THE F**K AROUND AND LOOK AT HER, YOU DIP SHIT!!!

"Be happy for your daughter and remember that she is probably where she is because of you. My eldest is in his last year at Uni and he has had a great time. Like you,I just went to college and missed out on all the fun but I take pride in my son having achieved what he has."

Oh I am so happy for her its unreal and she is coming from a hard working single mum lol living on a council estate. And she can achieve everything she has ever dreamed of she has seen how hard it has been for me at times and that's what pushes her forward even more.

I would have stood up to the bullies instead of letting them make me quit university. I'll never forgive myself for not standing up for myself.

No regret with the choices that I have made.

I may have one or two regrets, however, I would not have done anything differently even if I had the opportunity to turn back the clock.

As I have said before, I cannot change the past, however, I can influence the future. And I live and make the most of the present.

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

I went back to university at the age of 38.

I had a whale of a time and got a politics degree and now....... I have my dream job.

It's never too late to do anything you want.

By *waymanMan  over a year ago

newcastle

'Shoulda woulda coulda are the last words of a fool...'

Bev Knight

'I yam what I yam' Popeye...

'Regrets, I've had a few...'

Sid Vicious / Frank Sinatra

"no advice needed for mine,they are both doing what they wanted to do,its great seeing them get on in life and happy,as a Mum i couldnt have asked for more....must have done something right eh "

And after all thats what we have been put on this earth to do....other bits are a bonus... we've never had it so good !!!

Too young for regrets, I still have time to correct anything I haven't yet achieved!

We had the opportunity to emigrate a few years back but didn't for family commitments. Looking back maybe we should have gone who knows.

The only regrets that you should have are about things that ya havent done xx

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

"The only regrets that you should have are about things that ya havent done xx"

Those words used in an Orbital track

Only regrets I had is staying with an ex for too long under the fear of her taking her own life.

I hit an all time low but at home and work but got out eventually.

I sincerely hope she's better now but I've met my soul mate now. Never could I have dreamed of meeting someone so compatible and right for me.

She even takes Paypal.

Well there you go and it sounds like your daughter will continue to push on.You may decide to use that as the trigger to push on yourself in whatever direction you choose to take.

I know how tough it can be as a single parent,my wife died some years ago but despite losing their mum so young my children have not let that stop them pushing on too.

Give yourself a pat on the back

» Add a new message to this topic