FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fancy gardeners?

Fancy gardeners?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone grow anything exotic or indoors?

Been thinking about combining my interest in mechanical/electrical systems with something practicle. Ive got a nice mini conservatory and i got into thinking a verticle nft hydroponic system to turn one window (that just looks onto the fence/nosey old neighbour) into a green wall for herbs and maybe chillies etc would be a fun project.

Garden faces south west so plenty of light.

Curious if anyone does the chilli thing or any unusual growing as honestly the gardening side is meh the technical problem solving side of trying to automate the intensive plants is whats interesting.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Anyone grow anything exotic or indoors?

Been thinking about combining my interest in mechanical/electrical systems with something practicle. Ive got a nice mini conservatory and i got into thinking a verticle nft hydroponic system to turn one window (that just looks onto the fence/nosey old neighbour) into a green wall for herbs and maybe chillies etc would be a fun project.

Curious if anyone does the chilli thing or any unusual growing as honestly the gardening side is meh the technical problem solving side of trying to automate the intensive plants is whats interesting.

"

Hydroponics is great for tomato growing, allegedly

Not saying anything, too many grasses on here.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

That sounds pretty awesome.

I have done some window boxes with various herbs on from an upstairs south facing window. Took ages to get going and establish. Didn’t want to pick at it too soon.

Also grow Coriander and chili peppers on my lounge window but gets attacked by aphids a lot so quite a bit of effort to maintain.

"Not saying anything, too many grasses on here."

Good "grasses"?

"Anyone grow anything exotic or indoors?

Hydroponics is great for tomato growing, allegedly "

Need a lot of hight for them.though id only get maybe 2 or 3 plants. Plus my folks grow them so i get inundated with bags of the things.

Seen salad greens come down to nearly a 2 week grow time from germinated seedlings so a row of thrm would do.me nicely.

As the conservatory is full hight and on the high ceiling version. Of the house for herbs and short crops i tjink i could get nearly 6 levels

"That sounds pretty awesome.

I have done some window boxes with various herbs on from an upstairs south facing window. Took ages to get going and establish. Didn’t want to pick at it too soon.

Also grow Coriander and chili peppers on my lounge window but gets attacked by aphids a lot so quite a bit of effort to maintain. "

Yeah it will.be a nice upgrade from.the big plant pot with a bit of everytjing in it on the patio

Why margirum seems to.dominate i dont know lol

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Rocket and other salad leaves are a good crop. I tend to grow things that are more expensive to buy. Patio varieties of french beans might do well although hardly exotic.

» Add a new message to this topic