FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > We all have

We all have

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oantrimcpl2010 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

different perspectives in life, different goals, different achievements.

We all suffer set backs, knock backs and put downs.

Does this make you a stronger person or do you give up to easily.

Me ... I fight back, I dont give in easily, It wasn't until a few years ago I realised I was a control freak. I ended up depressed over something I couldn't control and thats when the realisation hit me that I was a person that had to be in control in the major things in life.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"different perspectives in life, different goals, different achievements.

Me ... I fight back, I dont give in easily, It wasn't until a few years ago I realised I was a control freak. I ended up depressed over something I couldn't control and thats when the realisation hit me that I was a person that had to be in control in the major things in life.

"

what doesnt kill you, makes you stronger...cheesy but true

Lisburn

what doesnt kill you, makes you stronger...cheesy but true"

I agree

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

what doesnt kill you, makes you stronger...cheesy but true

I agree "

me too, the trick is to learn from your past. people get caught up in patterns of behaviour because they cannot or will not look at what has gone wrong and why.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

*Generalising wildly...* It is those who care... who get involved with life who go down first and hardest.

Life catches up with all of us occasionally and we can lose sight of "Me"

Fight to get your "me" back... And things start to rebalance themselves.

I used to get involved in all and everything and had an opinion on just about everything but now I tend to just let life roll over me. And I then watch it rolling away like a wave heading to the beach and I find myself in calmer waters and happy that I'm still here. Then I just swim off in a different direction and go my own way.

"*Generalising wildly...* It is those who care... who get involved with life who go down first and hardest.

Life catches up with all of us occasionally and we can lose sight of "Me"

Fight to get your "me" back... And things start to rebalance themselves."

wowwwwww what words and yes alot of truth x

Its a question of learning from your mistakes and when a similar situation arises again....take a different path...and look at the good things in your life not the bad things. (Deep for this time in the morning I know!!!)

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

Nice points OP and the above. We have both had our fair share of challenges but are now both better people for it.

You have to take stock and rid your mind of negativity because it can eat away at you.

Feeling down, angry or analysing everything are just thoughts.

Bad thoughts are only thoughts, stop thinking about them and they disappear.

Meditation, breathing techniques & positive thinking all help.

I agree with Femme, but had to go through some tough times and reach my own personal 'bottoming-out', to realise that you have to take responsibility for your own happiness.

Once you do, everything, will flow from there.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

In life we all go through trials and tribulations, i bet if we where all too list things we have been through others would go wow how did you cope.

We do cope, non of us here are dead because of what we have been through. Life makes you strong, makes you the person you are today. Life is a challenge, its how we deal with it individually that matters.

Lisburn

"In life we all go through trials and tribulations, i bet if we where all too list things we have been through others would go wow how did you cope.

We do cope, non of us here are dead because of what we have been through. Life makes you strong, makes you the person you are today. Life is a challenge, its how we deal with it individually that matters."

It is how people deal with things as tess said we are all in charge of our own happiness.

Over the last 5yrs or so I have slowly and sometimes painfully tried to give control over to another person, I have got alot better with dealing with things that arn't in my control.

Alot of this I believe is to do with the fact I'm fiercly independent and hate depending on others, I'm also very stubborn and head strong about certain things.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Life is what you make it...... some just overly celebrate their own misery.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

There's nothing wrong with being a control freak, as long as you can identify which things you can't control.

A lot of people who constantly feel sorry for themselves do so because they choose not to control the things they can.

"

We do cope, non of us here are dead... "

» Add a new message to this topic