FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > London 2012's opening ceremony

London 2012's opening ceremony

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone else NOT looking forward to this, can't help but think it's going to be car crash TV

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

thinking the whole thing isnt going to be good.

hoping not and that we as a country look good and make money.

but cant see it

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

nope but will watch it just for the pure cringe value

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

I have no interest whatsoever

And TBH don't even know when it is

"And TBH don't even know when it is"

Starts on my birthday

July 27th

Would prefer to celebrate your birthday Mally

"Would prefer to celebrate your birthday Mally "

aww thanks, its a Friday so will deffo be in a pub or bar somewhere

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

"Would prefer to celebrate your birthday Mally "

+1

No interest in it whatsoever. Might as well be in another country for how it will affect us up here.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I think a certain section of the population would LOVE to see the olympic opening ceremony...and indeed the olympics as a whole be a disaster.

Bitterness will come to the fore....

I am in the same boat- no interest whatsoever in the Olympics or it being held here.

Cringeworthy waste of public money. We have already had the farce of the Olympic stadium which one of the prospective tennents was going to bulldoze.

The whole thing is in terrible taste.

I have no wish to see it being a disaster, I just have no interest as I have had no interest in previous Olympics

"And TBH don't even know when it is

Starts on my birthday

July 27th"

my book my holls for then then

"I am in the same boat- no interest whatsoever in the Olympics or it being held here.

Cringeworthy waste of public money. We have already had the farce of the Olympic stadium which one of the prospective tennents was going to bulldoze.

The whole thing is in terrible taste."

hoping it will make some money, but not many countries ever have made a profit in real terms from the olympics

"I have no wish to see it being a disaster, I just have no interest as I have had no interest in previous Olympics"
not sure about that tho Ladies Beach Volley ball is always exciting

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I think a certain section of the population would LOVE to see the olympic opening ceremony...and indeed the olympics as a whole be a disaster.

Bitterness will come to the fore...."

Yes.

I will be watching, just like all the other Olympics that I have watched.

I am always surprised at people's attitude to wanting others or things to fail......it isn't an attractive trait thats for sure.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I probably wont be watching because its not something that Im really interested in, but Im not sure why it should be car crash tv.

If you think of things like the royal weddings, 'ceremonies' seem to be something we do quite well

The thing I don't like about it is when you read that another £41M has been chucked in the pot on top of the £40M that was already there for the ceremony.

That at a time when anything and everything is getting cut like crazy because the country's skint.

It better be good, I am going with the family. Think it's brilliant for us as a country too to have the olympics here - it will be a real coup for tourism and putting us on the map!!!

By *ixson-BallsMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

well i'm looking forward to it...

and i hope the olympics and the para olympics are a great success and show what a great country it is we live in

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"The thing I don't like about it is when you read that another £41M has been chucked in the pot on top of the £40M that was already there for the ceremony.

That at a time when anything and everything is getting cut like crazy because the country's skint."

Ah well I agree with that, but thats not the same as car crash tv

By *4FantasyCouple  over a year ago

Spalding

I'm (kaz) looking forward to it very much. I love the Olympics and have been known to stay up to the early hours to watch the Brits in events.

I will be cheering them on! We tried to get tickets for the opening ceremony but unfortunatley was unsuccessful, so watching it will be the next best thing.

Kazx

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

can't wait,it is a once in a lifetime opportunity, we have tickets and the torch is going right through our village

Think with Damon Albarn involved the opening ceremony is going to be fab, he is so imaginative, Monkey journey to the west is the best stage show i have ever seen.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"I think a certain section of the population would LOVE to see the olympic opening ceremony...and indeed the olympics as a whole be a disaster.

Bitterness will come to the fore....

Yes.

I will be watching, just like all the other Olympics that I have watched.

I am always surprised at people's attitude to wanting others or things to fail......it isn't an attractive trait thats for sure."

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Not that fussed about watching the opening... though I bet it would be feckin' brilliant to be there.

I am looking forward to watching the track and field stuff and some other bits and bobs.

What red blooded female doesn't want to watch the sprinters

By *littylikka69Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

did not get cycling track racing tickets that i wanted but will try to watch these on tv and maybe get to the mall or to box hill to see cav & wiggo in the cycling road race though!.

i will watch the gymastics, the diving and the running up to 400m

pretty much everything else holds little interest for me

maybe car crash TV was a bit too harsh, i'm sure there will be some cringe moments though.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"The thing I don't like about it is when you read that another £41M has been chucked in the pot on top of the £40M that was already there for the ceremony.

That at a time when anything and everything is getting cut like crazy because the country's skint."

I tend to agree with you there, but it has to be said that when Britain was awarded the olympics Seven years ago there wasn't a glimmer of this world wide recession, so money has been thrown at it like every other olympics for the past Thirty years...

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

for the whole world to watch how well we have done to bring the games to fruition during a world wide recession, is something to be proud of...

I won't be watching as not my bag but if it improves our reputation, all good and well.

wishing the games all the very best.

You may like it or not but everyone will get caught up in the whole event, same as the rugby world cup and football world cup

all those woman who say they can't stand bloody football, but when it come to England you can't get in the bloody pubs for them

By *yronMan  over a year ago

grangemouth

I'm looking forward to the bit where Boris Johnston gets up to the microphone and says

"Ah lovely just what I erm, ahah! No I think, erm, no you won't cathc me life that! What a lovely piece that is presenting the news, eh? Erm, is this thing on?"

will watch the olympics, cuz i always do, and enjoy it, but never the opening or closing ceremonies

Why does everybody assume its going to be crap, Britain is one of the leading countries in arts and entertainment.

Why is it a waste of money? Its regenerated a run down area of the capital.

I am escaping to Scotland during the Olympics, as it will bring back a number of unpleasant memories.

"I am escaping to Scotland during the Olympics, as it will bring back a number of unpleasant memories.

"

See ya there lol xx

Hope it works in favour of our country. Hope we win some medals and gain some pride and hope it makes lots of money for us.

I won't be watching it as I have no interest in sport whatsoever, but I appreciate that there are many that do so I hope you enjoy it ........

By *waymanMan  over a year ago

newcastle

"can't wait,it is a once in a lifetime opportunity, we have tickets and the torch is going right through our village

Think with Damon Albarn involved the opening ceremony is going to be fab, he is so imaginative, Monkey journey to the west is the best stage show i have ever seen."

The torch will be fun - I can't wait to see which local dignitaries turn out at each leg of the relay....

I have this vision of loads of people in best bib and tucker standing by roadsides all over the UK....

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

no interest in sport,but realy hope it goes well

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"can't wait,it is a once in a lifetime opportunity, we have tickets and the torch is going right through our village

Think with Damon Albarn involved the opening ceremony is going to be fab, he is so imaginative, Monkey journey to the west is the best stage show i have ever seen.

The torch will be fun - I can't wait to see which local dignitaries turn out at each leg of the relay....

I have this vision of loads of people in best bib and tucker standing by roadsides all over the UK...."

they are trying to rope me into serving drinks

feck that i want to talk to brendan foster!

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

"I'm looking forward to the bit where Boris Johnston gets up to the microphone and says

"Ah lovely just what I erm, ahah! No I think, erm, no you won't cathc me life that! What a lovely piece that is presenting the news, eh? Erm, is this thing on?" "

nah!,that is surely a bruce forsyth impersonation?.

Think its disgusting that they are bringing in the armed forces to pick up litter !

» Add a new message to this topic