FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Have YOU ever walked out of a job?

Have YOU ever walked out of a job?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

not as easy to do nowadays.

I walked out of Blackpool Pleasure Beach.Due to disgusting people in loos..(you don't want to know)!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes

Loads 1st job in a blaze of glory after a guy squeezed my arse he didmt like what happened after that

I applied to Rolls Royce and in the meantime a job came up at another manufacturers on an assembly line making car wing mirrors.

For experience I applied and got the job next day! Mainly agency staff, min wage. Loads of people but quite unfriendly. After a few weeks a lady and myself were on a line going hell for leather. We achieved only 51% efficiency! The trainer shouted at us. Along with the general crude humour I hated the place so I clocked off and never went back.

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Yes

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

I’ve walked out of two. One when I was 16 in a cafe on the seafront, the manager kept touching my bum and was inappropriate. I decided no more.

Another was in a kitchen on an army base, I was pregnant and someone I worked with had suspected German measles. They wouldn’t send him home despite me and someone on the camp being pregnant. I saw the camp medic he said to go, leave. I walked out, never went back again. They were awful to me in my last few months

By *dinBiGuyMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Yes, was 17 took the huff with the financial director told her to ram the job up her backside and walked out, to be fair I was quite a nippy teenager

Ended up being a really good move as sent me on a completely different career path. Would I do the same now? absolutely not jobs are much harder to come by nowadays.

By *dward_TeagueMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

Yes. I got a job in a small insurance office where my boss was an arse, his dad owned the business but wasn’t involved. His son was a couple of years older than me and constantly failed to deliver on promises about salary and bonuses and despite my working my ass off he just kept on manipulating the workplace environment to his own ends.

So I waited until we were busy with a queue of customers one Saturday morning when I made my grand exit. I can still picture the look on his face even now many years later.

Oh yes. Tried to walk out on Army too.. but they weren't having it at all. Lost that battle, but won the war.

No but I feel like it daily

Yes but only after speaking to HR first and then straight to the doctor to be signed off with stress

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Yes I have in the past.

Sometimes you just have to go with your gut feeling and as one door closes another one opens but it does depend on your financial situation I guess.

Better to up your game regards finding a new job and then hand your notice in as I find that it's easier to get work when you're in work.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Yes .. twice

By *inkysexpotMan  over a year ago

leeds

Yes, once

my friend walked out as a Gas board fitter due to outside contractors getting paid more in 70's..He bought 1 house ,then another, in 20years worth around £2 million

Yes, at least three over the years possibly four, I’m a big believer in being happy in your work and if I wasn’t happy and they didn’t sort it, I wouldn’t go back.

Danish x

tempted to walk out in the job im currently in.

Everyday day at around 17:30

Tried to last month, they sacked my boss and I got a promotion out of it instead....

Yes, twice

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Yes, more times than I can count.

Admittedly all in my teens & 20s.

Far too hot-headed back then for my own good.

But if something annoyed me, felt unfair.

Coat on & out the door.

I'd have a new job by the end of the day though.

Have a vague recollection of throwing a chicken fillet at a bar managers head and telling him where to stick it . Over 20 yrs ago but still giggle at his face changing Colour

No I have always worked my notice period and luckily not been put in an intolerable position.

No. & nobody has walked out on me either.

Yep! It only lasted a month but I'd stated that I had a holiday booked before I started and they said I couldn't go when it got to the week before. I was a student at the time so it wasn't the end of the world as I had another job to start by the time I got back from hols.

Yes and it took three months to get a new one wouldn’t recommend it

Yup. Never work for friends. I did, and the day before I was to go on holiday he was to give me 2 weeks holiday pay as agreed. When the day came he told me he didn't have it which meant I had to use my credit card and tighten my spending while away. I quit there and then when he told me he didn't have the money. Took us a while but we are friends again

No, but I have twice stood my ground on issues that I knew they would fire me over.I'm a slow learner. .

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Yep ..... exoning more frequent think it’s my age ... I don’t put up with crap

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"Oh yes. Tried to walk out on Army too.. but they weren't having it at all. Lost that battle, but won the war."

I don't think you'll ever leave. It defines you.

Two years ago hubby walked out of an agency job. The hgv they wanted him to drive was unroadworthy ...”no one else ever complains-stop being a snowflake”

That was a mistake. Transport manager got both barrels, then pics and emails sent off to head office.

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

Left my first job after leaving college as I felt it was the kind of job where one could get into a rut very easily and not realise the years pass. Still doing the second job I had and still loving it.

Every single afternoon

Monday to Friday

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

Yep! couldn't stand it.

Mrs told a previous employer to shuv the job up there arse for speaking to her like shit, she does make me laugh

I've walked out of jobs several times last one just over a year ago when director wanted me to shortcut health and safety flatly refused and left same day....along with several other who wouldn't. Got a fresh job within a week and a 25% pay rise..

By *eriousGuyABCMan  over a year ago

( WEST OF ) Chippenham ish

Walked out of a job about 1995 when a store manager said he could get a monkey to do my job, even though at the time my department was about 6th in the country turnover wise in the group of a couple of dozen stores. I'm still employed while the company I walked from went under in the late 90's

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Yes I have, I hadn't been there long and it turned out the finance manager hadn't done any work for almost a year, not sure how he got away with that. I went for lunch, straight to a tempting agency and never went back. On my 2nd job with them who did I see walking in? Yes, you guessed it the finance manager! Luckily our paths never crossed and I soon got a permanent job.

walked away from a car park attendnt job when council started to issue fines for ridiculous reasons

By *attooedBBWWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Only once when I was a temp about 15 years ago. Not done it since.

I almost always quit my job without a new one planned though and always manage to find a new one in the grace period which is good haha

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Came close but I stuck it out. Next job was better.

I walk out every evening and walk back in every morning.

I can honestly say that ive been at my current job for 17 years and so long as I dont get sacked, il be there until retirement

Love my job

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

No. If I’ve decided I want a change then I apply for other jobs and resign when I’ve found one, then work my notice period.

By *iss SJWoman  over a year ago

Hull

"No. If I’ve decided I want a change then I apply for other jobs and resign when I’ve found one, then work my notice period. "

Me too, I can’t afford to be out of a job. I was working for a company that went into administration and the terror of not knowing where my next pay cheque was coming from made me physically sick with worry. I was only out of work for less than two weeks though thanks to temping agencies but I’d still rather ride out a shitty job until I can escape.

By *cunnylassCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

I did just over 20 years ago and I've been self-employed ever since.I can honestly say that I've never been happier.

Mike

» Add a new message to this topic