FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Meets....

Meets....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By * Lexi x OP   Woman  over a year ago

stockport

I always worry I will disappoint the person I’m meeting.

I worry that they might think I’m bigger than I look in my pics or don’t look the same.

I do try to show the real me on my profile and never use filters but I still always have that worry.

Anyone else feel like this or have any other worries with meets??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Na why worry worry leads to nerves nerves leads to overthinking overthinking leads to lack of performance lack of performance leads to the dark side

Plus confidence is sexy

I'd share your worries if I ever actually got a meet.

By *omesticated_VixenWoman  over a year ago

sw London

I think it is natural to feel like that, but they are feeling the same as well about meeting you x

stockport

"Na why worry worry leads to nerves nerves leads to overthinking overthinking leads to lack of performance lack of performance leads to the dark side

Plus confidence is sexy "

I’m ok once the initial meet has happened and they haven’t run a mile!! I’d be so embarrassed if that did happen

"Na why worry worry leads to nerves nerves leads to overthinking overthinking leads to lack of performance lack of performance leads to the dark side

Plus confidence is sexy "

The Zen master.

stockport

"I think it is natural to feel like that, but they are feeling the same as well about meeting you x"

I didn’t really think of it like that. X

"I always worry I will disappoint the person I’m meeting.

I worry that they might think I’m bigger than I look in my pics or don’t look the same.

I do try to show the real me on my profile and never use filters but I still always have that worry.

"

i always tell meeta im fat im sure they dont believe me till we meet

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

I think that many people share your nerves; I know I certainly do. But, as other have said already, the other person is probably nervous as well xx

stockport

i always tell meeta im fat im sure they dont believe me till we meet "

You don’t look fat on your pics......

More worried that they would actually turn up.

You have nothing to worry about x

Plus confidence is sexy

I’m ok once the initial meet has happened and they haven’t run a mile!! I’d be so embarrassed if that did happen "

the odds if that happrning are very slim so no need to focus on that go with the mentality of lets have a laugh and embarrass the people listening in to your fab talk thats funny as when u make folks move

stockport

"I think that many people share your nerves; I know I certainly do. But, as other have said already, the other person is probably nervous as well xx"

I’m glad it’s not just me..... xx

By *din and his ValkyrieCouple  over a year ago

Valhalla

I have the same problem, my confidence has been crush over the last few months with a health problem, I know second guess my self...

"

Personality is key before anything else and most of all just be yourself. xx

Plus confidence is sexy

The Zen master."

stockport

Plus confidence is sexy

I’m ok once the initial meet has happened and they haven’t run a mile!! I’d be so embarrassed if that did happen the odds if that happrning are very slim so no need to focus on that go with the mentality of lets have a laugh and embarrass the people listening in to your fab talk thats funny as when u make folks move "

this happened the other day...... was chatting away with a guy and forgot where we was and got a few looks lol x

By *an_LexaCouple  over a year ago

Sunderland

I always do initially. When it’s that point where you agree to meet I get that sudden “fuck!” feeling.

That’s when I get the lack of confidence and try to put them off. Remind them my pics are stills and in real life bits wobble about etc and squidge

But

If I haven’t put them off, when it comes to the meet I’m back to “fuck it” I’m out there to enjoy myself now.

Lex

stockport

"More worried that they would actually turn up.

You have nothing to worry about x"

You don’t know that

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Another reason I meet for a social, if there's no physical sexual attraction, no harm, no foul over a cup of java!

That said, the only time I was ever slightly "anxious" on a meet was the last one...he moved in six months later...six years ago!

stockport

"I have the same problem, my confidence has been crush over the last few months with a health problem, I know second guess my self... "

Does being in a couple not help that? X

[Removed by poster at 30/03/19 08:48:06]

You don’t look fat on your pics......"

thanksthanks but i am....slowly lossing it now

stockport

"I always do initially. When it’s that point where you agree to meet I get that sudden “fuck!” feeling.

That’s when I get the lack of confidence and try to put them off. Remind them my pics are stills and in real life bits wobble about etc and squidge

But

If I haven’t put them off, when it comes to the meet I’m back to “fuck it” I’m out there to enjoy myself now.

Lex"

OMG I do the same!!!!

stockport

"Another reason I meet for a social, if there's no physical sexual attraction, no harm, no foul over a cup of java!

That said, the only time I was ever slightly "anxious" on a meet was the last one...he moved in six months later...six years ago! "

Awww really that’s cute. X

I’ll always have a social now. I made that mistake when I first came on here......

Plus confidence is sexy

I’m ok once the initial meet has happened and they haven’t run a mile!! I’d be so embarrassed if that did happen the odds if that happrning are very slim so no need to focus on that go with the mentality of lets have a laugh and embarrass the people listening in to your fab talk thats funny as when u make folks move

this happened the other day...... was chatting away with a guy and forgot where we was and got a few looks lol x"

love seeing pensioners do the pannic embarrassed face followed by the wife dragging the hubby away

stockport

You don’t look fat on your pics......thanksthanks but i am....slowly lossing it now"

I still have fat brain...... I’ve lost about 4 stone and I’m not slim now but always like I look huge.

stockport

Plus confidence is sexy

I’m ok once the initial meet has happened and they haven’t run a mile!! I’d be so embarrassed if that did happen the odds if that happrning are very slim so no need to focus on that go with the mentality of lets have a laugh and embarrass the people listening in to your fab talk thats funny as when u make folks move

this happened the other day...... was chatting away with a guy and forgot where we was and got a few looks lol xlove seeing pensioners do the pannic embarrassed face followed by the wife dragging the hubby away "

Haha!! So funny.

You don’t look fat on your pics......thanksthanks but i am....slowly lossing it now

I still have fat brain...... I’ve lost about 4 stone and I’m not slim now but always like I look huge.

"

well done on weight loss

By *irthandgirthMan  over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

"I always do initially. When it’s that point where you agree to meet I get that sudden “fuck!” feeling.

But

Lex

OMG I do the same!!!! "

I had the same thing on a recent meet, we had food and I was so nervous I could feel myself blethering on.. it almost didn't happen. Then I relaxed.. we had that moment when you both know it's going to happen.. and a wonderful evening.

I don't normally suffer, but I have a couple of people to thank for helping me along in this fab world

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

Sometimes I worry about being too fat. I worry we might not be sexually compatible and the sex will be dry as fuck. I sometimes worry I'll bore them with my chat.

And then I try and remember I'm actually kind of okay looking and beating myself up over silly little things won't change anything so I might as well enjoy the whole thing. Attraction is quite difficult to pinpoint and second guessing how you think someone views you isn't fair on you or them.

I find I’m a mixture nerves and excitement when I meet someone new. However I’ve learned over the years that I cannot be anything else that who I am at that moment, perfectly imperfect. I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone that didn’t like me, or at least no-one has ever told me that Usually the friendship developed afterwards too unless we lost contact for one reason or another. So I realise that my nerves are simply chemicals based on daft things that flip through my mind from time to time. I’ll probably always have nerves I think it’s in my genetic make-up. For sex meets I have also experienced performance anxiety but I’ve realised that is also my mind playing tricks with me, so I’m learning to see it more as excitement and less of an issue.

In the end I’m the best me I can be right now and that’s what I bring to meeting new people. I’m still working on getting fitter and healthier but that’s just so I can enjoy life to the full even more My imperfections are just part of the roadmap of my life to this point and as Aerosmith would say ‘I wouldn’t change a thing’ as far as my past goes except for one work regret.

You don’t look fat on your pics......thanksthanks but i am....slowly lossing it now

"

I worry everytime before we meet anyone, I'm self conscious and like you I've lost a lot of weight (5stone) but still see myself as the larger woman I once was whenever we meet anyone new xx

stockport

"Sometimes I worry about being too fat. I worry we might not be sexually compatible and the sex will be dry as fuck. I sometimes worry I'll bore them with my chat.

And then I try and remember I'm actually kind of okay looking and beating myself up over silly little things won't change anything so I might as well enjoy the whole thing. Attraction is quite difficult to pinpoint and second guessing how you think someone views you isn't fair on you or them."

This is true. It more about my own perception of myself and confidence

Yes constantly

Meeting a guy I've been chatting too for months on Wednesday. He is way out of my league.

Nervous as hell tbf. I'Ve warned him hoping he doesn't think I've catfished him.

Ooops.

stockport

well done on weight loss"

Thank you x

stockport

"I find I’m a mixture nerves and excitement when I meet someone new. However I’ve learned over the years that I cannot be anything else that who I am at that moment, perfectly imperfect. I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone that didn’t like me, or at least no-one has ever told me that Usually the friendship developed afterwards too unless we lost contact for one reason or another. So I realise that my nerves are simply chemicals based on daft things that flip through my mind from time to time. I’ll probably always have nerves I think it’s in my genetic make-up. For sex meets I have also experienced performance anxiety but I’ve realised that is also my mind playing tricks with me, so I’m learning to see it more as excitement and less of an issue.

In the end I’m the best me I can be right now and that’s what I bring to meeting new people. I’m still working on getting fitter and healthier but that’s just so I can enjoy life to the full even more My imperfections are just part of the roadmap of my life to this point and as Aerosmith would say ‘I wouldn’t change a thing’ as far as my past goes except for one work regret."

I’m hoping my confidence will grow with my new mentor

stockport

I worry everytime before we meet anyone, I'm self conscious and like you I've lost a lot of weight (5stone) but still see myself as the larger woman I once was whenever we meet anyone new xx"

I don’t think fat head ever goes when you’ve lost weight. Well done you xx

stockport

"Yes constantly

Meeting a guy I've been chatting too for months on Wednesday. He is way out of my league.

Nervous as hell tbf. I'Ve warned him hoping he doesn't think I've catfished him.

Ooops."

That’s so exciting!! Hope it goes well x

If I'm suffering with low confidence I don't meet. Works for me.

I show myself honestly pre meet so there are no surprises with regards to how I look. Any nerves are more around whether we'll click in person.

stockport

But

Lex

OMG I do the same!!!!

I had the same thing on a recent meet, we had food and I was so nervous I could feel myself blethering on.. it almost didn't happen. Then I relaxed.. we had that moment when you both know it's going to happen.. and a wonderful evening.

I don't normally suffer, but I have a couple of people to thank for helping me along in this fab world "

It’s amazing how this little world helps us.

I’m learning so much about me. And made some beautiful friends.

stockport

"If I'm suffering with low confidence I don't meet. Works for me.

I show myself honestly pre meet so there are no surprises with regards to how I look. Any nerves are more around whether we'll click in person. "

I always show myself and still panic

Yes that also it a worry for me

"I find I’m a mixture nerves and excitement when I meet someone new. However I’ve learned over the years that I cannot be anything else that who I am at that moment, perfectly imperfect. I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone that didn’t like me, or at least no-one has ever told me that Usually the friendship developed afterwards too unless we lost contact for one reason or another. So I realise that my nerves are simply chemicals based on daft things that flip through my mind from time to time. I’ll probably always have nerves I think it’s in my genetic make-up. For sex meets I have also experienced performance anxiety but I’ve realised that is also my mind playing tricks with me, so I’m learning to see it more as excitement and less of an issue.

In the end I’m the best me I can be right now and that’s what I bring to meeting new people. I’m still working on getting fitter and healthier but that’s just so I can enjoy life to the full even more My imperfections are just part of the roadmap of my life to this point and as Aerosmith would say ‘I wouldn’t change a thing’ as far as my past goes except for one work regret.

I’m hoping my confidence will grow with my new mentor "

I’m sure it will

Absolutely I always tell people I don't look like my pics and not to expect much. But I meet new people so rarely anyway that it doesn't matter

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

"Absolutely I always tell people I don't look like my pics and not to expect much. But I meet new people so rarely anyway that it doesn't matter "

As long as you look more like you than you look like me, it’s fine

"Absolutely I always tell people I don't look like my pics and not to expect much. But I meet new people so rarely anyway that it doesn't matter "

Why do you think don't you look like your pics? That's just bonkers.

"Absolutely I always tell people I don't look like my pics and not to expect much. But I meet new people so rarely anyway that it doesn't matter

Why do you think don't you look like your pics? That's just bonkers. "

Because I just think my pics look more 'polished' than I look in real life. I understand it's a confidence thing and like Lexi I'm absolutely fine after meeting someone for the first time.

Sounds to me like you need to work on your self worth more than you do your profile

I struggle with the same self doubts every time I meet someone.

What I find reassuring is that most want to meet again and some even tell me I look better in real life than I do in my pics.

If you didn't have a few nerves, you are probably very self obsessed and over confident (in my opinion).

"I struggle with the same self doubts every time I meet someone.

What I find reassuring is that most want to meet again and some even tell me I look better in real life than I do in my pics.

If you didn't have a few nerves, you are probably very self obsessed and over confident (in my opinion).

"

Why do you see lack of nerves as a negative thing?

"

i dont get many nerves but thats because i meet strangers for a job not about being self obsessed or overconfident

"

I must be self obsessed then, cause I’m not arsed either way.

By *eliciousladyWoman  over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

"I think it is natural to feel like that, but they are feeling the same as well about meeting you x"

Perfectly put.

"Absolutely I always tell people I don't look like my pics and not to expect much. But I meet new people so rarely anyway that it doesn't matter

Why do you think don't you look like your pics? That's just bonkers.

Because I just think my pics look more 'polished' than I look in real life. I understand it's a confidence thing and like Lexi I'm absolutely fine after meeting someone for the first time. "

You have to remember that someone you meet isn't going to be scrutinizing every little detail under a microscope like you do to yourself. They see the whole package and obviously like that enough to meet. It's pointless sweating about this stuff.

By *ackDanielsWhiteRabbitMan  over a year ago

Halifax

Well after meeting you at the MLS you are even more gorgeous in person, though your pics are great too. Think it is natural to worry if people will like you.

By *icetouch83Man  over a year ago

swansea

I get well nervous on a meet even if we've been talking for a while I'm very self conscious about the way I look and my body I always say if your looking for a six pack your talking to the wrong person that's just me.

By *aven RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I have the exact same worry. OP, I've met you in person and you are gorgeous and bubbly. Most people, I think, will have nerves before meeting someone x

stockport

"Well after meeting you at the MLS you are even more gorgeous in person, though your pics are great too. Think it is natural to worry if people will like you. "

thank you xx

stockport

"I have the exact same worry. OP, I've met you in person and you are gorgeous and bubbly. Most people, I think, will have nerves before meeting someone x"

Thank you

When I first got there I was so self conscious and nervous. Actually shaking. Gin deffo calmed me down lol.

You are too xxx

My confidence used to be shaken when I would look that veris of potential meets to find absolutely banging looking woman. Always gonna be someone prettier, slimmer, fitter etc

Best to put these self beating thoughts out of mind

By *aven RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"I have the exact same worry. OP, I've met you in person and you are gorgeous and bubbly. Most people, I think, will have nerves before meeting someone x

Thank you

When I first got there I was so self conscious and nervous. Actually shaking. Gin deffo calmed me down lol.

You are too xxx"

I had a couple of dutch courage drinks before I got there. Was still nervous hoping I come across in person the same as I do on here. I think we are our own harshest critics x

"My confidence used to be shaken when I would look that veris of potential meets to find absolutely banging looking woman. Always gonna be someone prettier, slimmer, fitter etc

Best to put these self beating thoughts out of mind "

Oh PS.... I would say your profile is very realistic not using filters, what you see is what you get and the thing that hits me is how pretty you are so chill ya beans it's all good

Always have a social 1st to let each other see if we are attracted to each other.

As long as folk keep their pics real

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I worry I’m a bit too brutish looking. But I can only work with the tools I got.

That’s why I always swap a lot of pics first.

I come across better in person though as I love a good chat.

I get very nervous before meets, and have the same issues, I either talk too much or get all tongue tied and can't speak, luckily I have D to back me up and boost my confidence, without him I'd be a nervous wreck!

And you are such a beautiful woman, inside and out, your pictures don't do you justice. Don't doubt yourself.

Jo.Xx

I feel exactly the same OP.

I used to give less fucks - I had butterflies before meets but in a good way.

Now I feel so worried that they will be disgusted I don't meet any more

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

It's nice to see this level of honesty as opposed to the bravado that often gets pedalled around here. Good thread OP.

I always got nervous before meeting someone, no matter how honest your pictures may be or faithful you are in your messages, there's always that 'what if they don't like me in the flesh' worry.

Much as many others have said too, I lost 2 1/2 stone a few years ago and still have my body anxieties from that too.

However, I also think that nerves are good in many ways and I always said that the day I didn't feel nervous would be the day I stopped.

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

Very true. We can let our own insecurities blind us to the fact that other people have exactly the same thought process.

By *icetouch83Man  over a year ago

swansea

"I feel exactly the same OP.

"

With that smile you got nothing to worry about id be like putty in your hands

With that smile you got nothing to worry about id be like putty in your hands "

I agree the loveliest smile on fab by a mile

Don’t think you’re going to disappoint anyone hun

stockport

"My confidence used to be shaken when I would look that veris of potential meets to find absolutely banging looking woman. Always gonna be someone prettier, slimmer, fitter etc

Best to put these self beating thoughts out of mind "

I do that too x

stockport

Best to put these self beating thoughts out of mind

Oh PS.... I would say your profile is very realistic not using filters, what you see is what you get and the thing that hits me is how pretty you are so chill ya beans it's all good "

if only we could see what others see. But thanks xx

stockport

"Always have a social 1st to let each other see if we are attracted to each other.

As long as folk keep their pics real "

That’s what I try to do

stockport

"I get very nervous before meets, and have the same issues, I either talk too much or get all tongue tied and can't speak, luckily I have D to back me up and boost my confidence, without him I'd be a nervous wreck!

And you are such a beautiful woman, inside and out, your pictures don't do you justice. Don't doubt yourself.

Jo.Xx "

Being in a couple must be good for that.

You don’t come across as nervous. I feel I love with you both.

you too sweet xxxx

stockport

"

You love amazing. But it doesn’t matter how many people tell you it’s how you feel. Xx

stockport

"It's nice to see this level of honesty as opposed to the bravado that often gets pedalled around here. Good thread OP.

I always got nervous before meeting someone, no matter how honest your pictures may be or faithful you are in your messages, there's always that 'what if they don't like me in the flesh' worry.

Much as many others have said too, I lost 2 1/2 stone a few years ago and still have my body anxieties from that too.

However, I also think that nerves are good in many ways and I always said that the day I didn't feel nervous would be the day I stopped. "

Makes me feel more human knowing I’m not the only one.

Manchester (he/him)

"It's nice to see this level of honesty as opposed to the bravado that often gets pedalled around here. Good thread OP.

However, I also think that nerves are good in many ways and I always said that the day I didn't feel nervous would be the day I stopped.

Makes me feel more human knowing I’m not the only one.

"

Exactly that. I think it's natural to forget that others get just as nervous before a meet. I often marvelled that people got nervous meeting me!

I have got a meet tonight and even though sent full body pics etc I'm so paranoid I'll get laughed at or he will be itching to get out.

I get nervous. If I didn't I'd see that as a sign that I wasn't really into the meet. It's excitement as well as the worry that it might not go as you hope. Not all nerves are bad.

Manchester (he/him)

"I get nervous. If I didn't I'd see that as a sign that I wasn't really into the meet. It's excitement as well as the worry that it might not go as you hope. Not all nerves are bad. "

Agreed

Same here for the nerves, and almost more nervous for it to be just a social type meet where you just have to rely on your wit and humour and conversational skills to get by (of which I dont have many)

A naked meet I find more relaxing as at least there are distractions.

With that smile you got nothing to worry about id be like putty in your hands

I agree the loveliest smile on fab by a mile "

Aw thankyou that just made me smile even more x

By *o_eye_deerMan  over a year ago

The South Near That London

"Same here for the nerves, and almost more nervous for it to be just a social type meet where you just have to rely on your wit and humour and conversational skills to get by (of which I dont have many)

A naked meet I find more relaxing as at least there are distractions. "

Everyone being naked is a great leveller.

I think not being nervous is a sign you’ve become a bit jaded, I love the butterflies, helps get the juices going

Why do you see lack of nerves as a negative thing?"

It is just how I feel.

By *ficouldMan  over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

If I'm not nervous before a social then something is wrong, I would have been talking to them for some time before. I don't take very good flattering pics and I'm told that. As for meets yes very nervous the expectations of the other person and that is the same for people I have already met too.

I’ve nearly cancelled a meet due to terrible nerves but so glad I never

By *rickyd72Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

[Removed by poster at 31/03/19 17:08:58]

By *rickyd72Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

"

After reading your profile and looking at your pics, you have no need to be nervous, you are gorgeous! And I love your ink! In fact, I'd be nervous if I met you, in case i screwed it up with such a stunner! Bloody shame I'm 4 years too old and live at the wrong side of the pennines! xx

» Add a new message to this topic