FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Why Do People Not Read?

Why Do People Not Read?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *attooedBBW OP   Woman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

This has been talked about a lot I’m sure but I’d like to know why guys in particular don’t seem to bother reading profiles and yet always moan they don’t get replies or get messages deleted unread.

Surely you’d learn and read a profile before messaging?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Some do same result. Same with women too not just men.

We can go round in circles on this one, but they see the pics and think, i wouldn’t mind some of that, then hit the message button.

Iv never been one for reading profiles until i know im meeting them

Basingstoke

"Iv never been one for reading profiles until i know im meeting them"

But surely you’d want to know a bit about someone before you message so you’d know they’d be someone you’d want to spend time messaging to potentially meet?

By *dinBiGuyMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Unfortunately some folk just look at the pics then chance their luck, or use the scatter gun approach and email everyone in hope someone replies.

Personally I read the profile, if I’m not what they are looking for saves time and effort constructing an email.

Basingstoke

"Some do same result. Same with women too not just men."

Oh I’m sure women do the same , I’ve just not experienced that as yet. The rare occasion I do get women message me they’ve always read

By *tephanjMan  over a year ago

Kettering

I always read profiles must be why I rarely send any messages

"Iv never been one for reading profiles until i know im meeting them

But surely you’d want to know a bit about someone before you message so you’d know they’d be someone you’d want to spend time messaging to potentially meet?"

i rarely chased girls to be hones rather get to know them thru conversation than self publicity really not that its a bad thing its just the way iv always been its why i used to only meet forum folks as its easier to get to know them and to strike up a convo based on a thread

"This has been talked about a lot I’m sure but I’d like to know why guys in particular don’t seem to bother reading profiles and yet always moan they don’t get replies or get messages deleted unread.

Surely you’d learn and read a profile before messaging?"

it's the same difference for guys they read it send polite well thought out messages based on profile info they don't get a reply ,they don't read it and send a not great message and still no reply ,they don't read it and send a polite message still no reply .......and there be'eth the problem

Basingstoke

But surely you’d want to know a bit about someone before you message so you’d know they’d be someone you’d want to spend time messaging to potentially meet?i rarely chased girls to be hones rather get to know them thru conversation than self publicity really not that its a bad thing its just the way iv always been its why i used to only meet forum folks as its easier to get to know them and to strike up a convo based on a thread "

Yeah I’ve been a lot more active recently here and it has given me a view on people I wouldn’t have necessarily found through searches which is handy

Basingstoke

"This has been talked about a lot I’m sure but I’d like to know why guys in particular don’t seem to bother reading profiles and yet always moan they don’t get replies or get messages deleted unread.

Surely you’d learn and read a profile before messaging?it's the same difference for guys they read it send polite well thought out messages based on profile info they don't get a reply ,they don't read it and send a not great message and still no reply ,they don't read it and send a polite message still no reply .......and there be'eth the problem "

If that was the case for me I’d probably adjust my profile and see how that worked.

I see lots of ‘what’s wrong with my profile’ threads and often for guys it is their profile that probably lets them down or the way they’re messaging.

Maybe I’m just way too logical haha which tbf I tend to be anyway...just call me playful robot Nancy

But surely you’d want to know a bit about someone before you message so you’d know they’d be someone you’d want to spend time messaging to potentially meet?i rarely chased girls to be hones rather get to know them thru conversation than self publicity really not that its a bad thing its just the way iv always been its why i used to only meet forum folks as its easier to get to know them and to strike up a convo based on a thread

Yeah I’ve been a lot more active recently here and it has given me a view on people I wouldn’t have necessarily found through searches which is handy "

i always struggles with the wild west that is local search

I can't be bothered I suppose

By *avartMan  over a year ago

Barnsley

I'd echo the post above.

With the exception of one or two nice women on here that I chat to, reading profiles makes not one iota of difference.

Doesn't particularly bother me. I cannot be bothered with people with a long list of needs and wants.

Chat briefly first, then talk about what you'd like. That's my take anyway.

The decent people usually cone through eventually.

Of course, rude or stupid messages deserve to be deleted. Decent, polite ones ought to get a reply wherever possible.

Finally, if you don't want messages from certain people, use the filters. Additionally, if you aren't meeting anymore, hide your profile. It's not rocket science...

By *herrySnickersWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere

I’m with you... but maybe then it’s easier to spot a good one when they actually take the time to read and respond appropriately

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

There's a couple of techniques at play here; the technician and the door to door salesman. The technician reads instructions and follows them to the letter. They only message when they think the person wants to hear from them. The salesman's technique involves cold calling, 'if you don't ask you don't get', 'nothing ventured nothing gained' and similar schools of thought. They truly do believe that they might just get through to an Eskimo on the day he just happens to have run out of snow.

Reports seem to indicate both approaches end up with similar results lol

"We can go round in circles on this one, but they see the pics and think, i wouldn’t mind some of that, then hit the message button. "

Basingstoke

"I’m with you... but maybe then it’s easier to spot a good one when they actually take the time to read and respond appropriately "

Very true

You'd think wouldn't you?

By *eriousGuyABCMan  over a year ago

( WEST OF ) Chippenham ish

As a single guy, even when I read all the profile to see if there's any common interest etc there's very little chance of a reply. So poss a lot of guys just decide not to bother wasting time and just message anyway !

By *eriousGuyABCMan  over a year ago

( WEST OF ) Chippenham ish

"There's a couple of techniques at play here; the technician and the door to door salesman. The technician reads instructions and follows them to the letter. They only message when they think the person wants to hear from them. The salesman's technique involves cold calling, 'if you don't ask you don't get', 'nothing ventured nothing gained' and similar schools of thought. They truly do believe that they might just get through to an Eskimo on the day he just happens to have run out of snow.

Reports seem to indicate both approaches end up with similar results lol"

Deleted all our profile text for this exact reason . Nobody can be bothered to read . Only interested in pictures

Like instructions on diy!! Don’t bother, just get in there!!

By *irkydirkyMan  over a year ago

crewe

We are been told on numerous other threads to just go by the photos because ye have a lot of different interpretations to a lot of subjects.. i.e body type, sexuality, single/not single.. girls make up yer mind

By *o_eye_deerMan  over a year ago

The South Near That London

We are been told on numerous other threads to just go by the photos because ye have a lot of different interpretations to a lot of subjects.. i.e body type, sexuality, single/not single.. girls make up yer mind "

Crazy idea, but it is possible to both read the text & look at the pictures

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

If someone has clearly read our profile and taken the time to send a nice message then we'll always reply (might take a few days though) but if we can read the message without having to open it, or the message is too full on for an opener, then the sender shouldn't be surprised if they get ignored and deleted or receive a less than complimentary response.

Basingstoke

We are been told on numerous other threads to just go by the photos because ye have a lot of different interpretations to a lot of subjects.. i.e body type, sexuality, single/not single.. girls make up yer mind

Crazy idea, but it is possible to both read the text & look at the pictures "

Haha that’s probably a mind blown reaction

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

On Jayne's profile its mainly couples who message without reading, and on our couple one its single guys.... guess there is no gender bias on idiots lol.

"We can go round in circles on this one, but they see the pics and think, i wouldn’t mind some of that, then hit the message button.

"

Alright treacle?

"We can go round in circles on this one, but they see the pics and think, i wouldn’t mind some of that, then hit the message button.

Alright treacle? "

Treacle?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Its not skool luv its a sex sight now spread um

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

Most profiles come over as a list of commands or some secret riddle to get a response or some profile contain very little to message about as you single ladies sit on your high throne and look down on the peasants and constantly read the fancy fuck placards from the lower forms of the male species.

"I'd echo the post above.

With the exception of one or two nice women on here that I chat to, reading profiles makes not one iota of difference.

Doesn't particularly bother me. I cannot be bothered with people with a long list of needs and wants.

Chat briefly first, then talk about what you'd like. That's my take anyway.

The decent people usually cone through eventually.

Of course, rude or stupid messages deserve to be deleted. Decent, polite ones ought to get a reply wherever possible.

Finally, if you don't want messages from certain people, use the filters. Additionally, if you aren't meeting anymore, hide your profile. It's not rocket science..."

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Most profiles come over as a list of commands or some secret riddle to get a response or some profile contain very little to message about as you single ladies sit on your high throne and look down on the peasants and constantly read the fancy fuck placards from the lower forms of the male species.

"

Oh dear

"

Not all women are like that. But lots are. And couples.

By *illen5Man  over a year ago

Bath

There's the counter argument. I pay full attention to their profile, sending a carefully thought out message to only the very few with whom I might develop a connection. It will still be deleted or saved as unread to avoid a follow up.

I'm sure a copy n paste sent to every fem fabber within 100 miles would yield results, but not turn up someone I'd want to see.

So, perhaps if you see that someone has made a real effort, please don't ignore. For the 5% who make an effort a short bit of dialogue won't hurt you and we're sensible enough to not mistake a bit of low-key chat with genuine interest.

I'm beginning to think that those with the blanket approach are right after all

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

There's the counter argument. I pay full attention to their profile, sending a carefully thought out message to only the very few with whom I might develop a connection. It will still be deleted or saved as unread to avoid a follow up.

I'm sure a copy n paste sent to every fem fabber within 100 miles would yield results, but not turn up someone I'd want to see.

So, perhaps if you see that someone has made a real effort, please don't ignore. For the 5% who make an effort a short bit of dialogue won't hurt you and we're sensible enough to not mistake a bit of low-key chat with genuine interest.

I'm beginning to think that those with the blanket approach are right after all"

You might be. Others are not.

crewe

Crazy idea, but it is possible to both read the text & look at the pictures "

6 months and no meets, I doubt anyone will be taking on your advice lol

Bath

[Removed by poster at 30/03/19 13:34:50]

Bath

I have a friend who just joined and it's been a revelation for her. Over 500 applicants. Easy process to delete the one liners as chaff.

Only a trickle of interesting men who could string a few sentences together.

Therefore makes it worse that we dont get replies.

"[Removed by poster at 30/03/19 13:34:50]"

Some of the men on this thread.....Jeez

What I wonder is, when women ignore a message or delete it without reading, do they read the profile first, or just go on the pic.

crewe

"What I wonder is, when women ignore a message or delete it without reading, do they read the profile first, or just go on the pic.

"

Both?

Bath

"What I wonder is, when women ignore a message or delete it without reading, do they read the profile first, or just go on the pic.

"

Haha. Now that would be very telling. Must be a time spent/ potential reward thing. Ultimately, they might need a PA to do the admin.

Bath

"[Removed by poster at 30/03/19 13:34:50]

Some of the men on this thread.....Jeez

"

Well, you obviously got fed up with the deluge of mail as you've hidden your profile.

How many 1000 did you get to before you tired of the attention?

I always read the profile and try to include something from it in my message. But, more often than not it leads to the same result. Out of every 10 messages I send I may get 4-5 that are read, but may only get one reply if I’m lucky. However, the difference being..... I understand that it may be one message out of very many that people get. It’s just like doing the lottery.... some times you win sometimes you don’t.

As much as it’s a little annoying it doesn’t really matter at the end of the day if I don’t get a reply

X

But surely you’d want to know a bit about someone before you message so you’d know they’d be someone you’d want to spend time messaging to potentially meet?"

Nah they just see us as walking shags and BJs

Some profiles are just too friggin long

Bath

"

I always read the profile and try to include something from it in my message. But, more often than not it leads to the same result. Out of every 10 messages I send I may get 4-5 that are read, but may only get one reply if I’m lucky. However, the difference being..... I understand that it may be one message out of very many that people get. It’s just like doing the lottery.... some times you win sometimes you don’t.

As much as it’s a little annoying it doesn’t really matter at the end of the day if I don’t get a reply

X"

Well said Mr Muffinman. My findings exactly, though responses fewer. Even when they are online messages show as unread. Think they read them then save them that way.

Bath

"Some profiles are just too friggin long "

How would you know? You're not here to meet, so dont need to read them

By *o_eye_deerMan  over a year ago

The South Near That London

Crazy idea, but it is possible to both read the text & look at the pictures

6 months and no meets, I doubt anyone will be taking on your advice lol "

Hoisted by your own petard - If you’d bothered to read my profile you’d see I also have a couples account - complete with verifications

Would love to know as well, I still get guys adding me on kik every now again as if my profile doesnt say im straight and i've blocked guys messaging me on here, does my tree in

Exeter

"Some profiles are just too friggin long "

I've been told that before, not long after someone else said it was a good profile with plenty of info.

End of the day you can nevee please everyone.

"Some profiles are just too friggin long

I've been told that before, not long after someone else said it was a good profile with plenty of info.

End of the day you can nevee please everyone. "

That's very true. It's hard to so the right thing on here as there's always someone with an axe to grind.

I've heard much the same about my profile. It's very devisive and I can understand that. I just prefer people to read spme parts of my profile as i have information on there about my sight and circumstances that is worth knowing before messaging. Skim reading should filter the other bits out.

Time innit....

.....theirs vs yours, its life, quit complaining about ppl complaining

Case in point. I just had the following (please read from the bottom as I just copied and pasted):

"Ain't got time 4 dat shit bitch

Did you not even read my profile?

Lol

No thanks.

Hi very nice profile. I've got a very hungry mouth and i want to find someone who wants to get her pussy pleasured all night by my nice soft mouth

Just open your legs and let me taste you, grind softly on me as I tease your clit with my hungry mouth x"

Seriously, and blokes wonder why it's such hard work, why women don't reply etc, etc.

It's the few that spoil it for the majority.

About 98% of our messages are guys that haven’t read the profile but doughnut is always nice and messages back as he remembered was it was like being a single guy. I just wish they would save time and read first!

Danish x

By *PercentMan  over a year ago

Hackney

The reality is you are not going to get many replies on here.

So you read a profile and in that time you could have messaged 5 maybe more women if you paste a message.

One theory of though is if you don't read you can possibly mail 100 women but maybe 10-15 if you don't and you are more likley to get a reply from 100 than 15.

Exeter

That's very true. It's hard to so the right thing on here as there's always someone with an axe to grind.

I've heard much the same about my profile. It's very devisive and I can understand that. I just prefer people to read spme parts of my profile as i have information on there about my sight and circumstances that is worth knowing before messaging. Skim reading should filter the other bits out. "

Your profile's an interesting one. You come across as a nice person having a shitty time. But I think that negative spin it has might actually encourage more negativity. Shame you're not closer too.

"Case in point. I just had the following (please read from the bottom as I just copied and pasted):

Lol

No thanks.

Hi very nice profile. I've got a very hungry mouth and i want to find someone who wants to get her pussy pleasured all night by my nice soft mouth

Just open your legs and let me taste you, grind softly on me as I tease your clit with my hungry mouth x"

Seriously, and blokes wonder why it's such hard work, why women don't reply etc, etc.

It's the few that spoil it for the majority. "

I get this all the time. Daily. I just block and move on. I don't even reply lol.

"Case in point. I just had the following (please read from the bottom as I just copied and pasted):

Lol

No thanks.

It's the few that spoil it for the majority. "

don't you mean the majority that spoil it for the few?

By *rK MrsJCouple  over a year ago

Kidderminster

Always read the profile first then look at pics, then wink if we're interested.

When I first started using this site I read all the profiles and sent messages to the ones I liked.. But it became a waste of time, because most don't see my messages.

I now feel as if I'm wasting time reading long boring novel profiles.

I've heard much the same about my profile. It's very devisive and I can understand that. I just prefer people to read spme parts of my profile as i have information on there about my sight and circumstances that is worth knowing before messaging. Skim reading should filter the other bits out.

Your profile's an interesting one. You come across as a nice person having a shitty time. But I think that negative spin it has might actually encourage more negativity. Shame you're not closer too. "

Thanks for the kind words, and I get where you're coming from, and I've had the " You're an attention seeker " rubbish etc and " all you do is moan." I'm just very passionate about people being decent human beings as i have some accross the best and worst of people on here.

You can see on this thread I've had the old attention word thrown at me again when I actually hid my profile due to poor health and living with sight impairment. It's hard for me to reply to more than a dozen messages a day without getting exhausted.

Most of us hope to meet a few people, and therefore want attention from the right people, but for me that's a select few. I don't post photos every day, go on cam or read hundreds of messages so I can't be that fussed eith attention.

As i said people love to grind their axes.

I'll wait for more...

By *rK MrsJCouple  over a year ago

Kidderminster

Always read the profile first then look at pics, then wink if we're interested.

By *ruebameMan  over a year ago

from the womb and tryout to get back

I can't read or wright but I can drive a tractor

When I first started using this site I read all the profiles and sent messages to the ones I liked.. But it became a waste of time, because most don't see my messages.

I now feel as if I'm wasting time reading long boring novel profiles. "

exactly this

"There's a couple of techniques at play here; the technician and the door to door salesman. The technician reads instructions and follows them to the letter. They only message when they think the person wants to hear from them. The salesman's technique involves cold calling, 'if you don't ask you don't get', 'nothing ventured nothing gained' and similar schools of thought. They truly do believe that they might just get through to an Eskimo on the day he just happens to have run out of snow.

Reports seem to indicate both approaches end up with similar results lol"

But surely a good salesman listens to the "customer" and gives them what they want?

I was told my profile was too long so I made it even longer

Your profile's an interesting one. You come across as a nice person having a shitty time. But I think that negative spin it has might actually encourage more negativity. Shame you're not closer too.

Thanks for the kind words, and I get where you're coming from, and I've had the " You're an attention seeker " rubbish etc and " all you do is moan." I'm just very passionate about people being decent human beings as i have some accross the best and worst of people on here.

You can see on this thread I've had the old attention word thrown at me again when I actually hid my profile due to poor health and living with sight impairment. It's hard for me to reply to more than a dozen messages a day without getting exhausted.

Most of us hope to meet a few people, and therefore want attention from the right people, but for me that's a select few. I don't post photos every day, go on cam or read hundreds of messages so I can't be that fussed eith attention.

As i said people love to grind their axes.

I'll wait for more... "

I love your outlook... that’s so lovely to actually get a feel for the rare lovely decent folk on here x

Bath

"

I love your outlook... that’s so lovely to actually get a feel for the rare lovely decent folk on here x "

Yes there are some nice people here. It means there's hope for us all. sadly i cant read mollypops profile as one of us has blocked the other.

Bath

"

But surely a good salesman listens to the "customer" and gives them what they want? "

Nonsense. The salesman will always try to sell them what he wants them to buy. Otherwise he'd bring them boxes of chocs.

Prefer the technician approach. I'd rather a slight chance of hint of a glimmer of something great than a poor chance of something awful.

"

But surely a good salesman listens to the "customer" and gives them what they want?

Nonsense. The salesman will always try to sell them what he wants them to buy. Otherwise he'd bring them boxes of chocs.

Prefer the technician approach. I'd rather a slight chance of hint of a glimmer of something great than a poor chance of something awful."

An unsophisticated salesman possibly. The best ones, particularly those selling expensive products (e.g. jewellery or wine) will engage with the customer using charm and social skills

To be fair, I feel it's just damn rude not to read it first - we are now sick of saying we meet at club F. We are constantly being asked to go to someone's house etc but if they read the profile they could save their time. I'm less inclined to want to meet someone who hasn't bothered to find out about us, it's like they just expect a free shag and I feel it's disrespectful. Rant over lol xxxx

Ps if squirting isn't your thing then I'm not for you! Read the profile for your own benefit lol

Bath

"

..... using charm and social skills"

Ah yes,plenty of that here

"

..... using charm and social skills

Ah yes,plenty of that here "

"

Prefer the technician approach. I'd rather a slight chance of hint of a glimmer of something great than a poor chance of something awful.

An unsophisticated salesman possibly. The best ones, particularly those selling expensive products (e.g. jewellery or wine) will engage with the customer using charm and social skills"

It doesn't matter how good the salesman is or what social skills he has if we're not looking for what he's selling.

Exeter

[Removed by poster at 30/03/19 17:39:19]

Exeter

"

An unsophisticated salesman possibly. The best ones, particularly those selling expensive products (e.g. jewellery or wine) will engage with the customer using charm and social skills

It doesn't matter how good the salesman is or what social skills he has if we're not looking for what he's selling."

Who said anything about them being 'good' salesmen? No, they're the worst kind of salesmen, the ones that will still knock on your door despite the sign in the window saying 'no door to door salesmen, no unsolicited callers' because they genuinely think they're that great at everything that not only will you be happy to answer the door to them at 9.30 on a Saturday morning but you will also fall for their amazing patter and buy your whole collection of encyclopaedias or dusters or double glazing or whatever other crap it is they're trying to foist on you.

I used to work in sales and there are people that can make this approach work, mostly because people are so desperate to get rid of the unctuous hair gelled, cheap-suit wearing oik off the doorstep that they will buy an encyclopedia just to hurry it up a bit.

Exeter

This forum really needs an 'edit post' function.

"

It doesn't matter how good the salesman is or what social skills he has if we're not looking for what he's selling."

This is the key! But charm and social skills provide lubrication

Bath

You can always delete part of the quoted text.

" delete part of the quoted text."

Well if you read a profile and don't message you are 100% not getting anywhere

If you message anyway theres a reasonable chance you may get somewhere

You should blame all the single fems and couples who say they put things like not meeting on thier profile just to cut down messages

Ruins it of or all you genuine profile writers

Haha oh sorry it seems the op hasnt read thier own profile either based on the status

Exeter

" delete part of the quoted text.

"

Oh it's not the nested quotes, I leave them in for context; it's more a chance to fix my typos and wooly syntax. I should of course use the 'preview post' function but I am always in too much of a hurry to get my hilariously pithy anecdotes or gold nuggets of relevent infotainment out into the world so I normally only notice that I'm not making any sense 30 seconds after hitting 'post'.

Exeter

Psst.... Can I interest anyone in a diamond-encrusted bottle of wine?

"Would love to know as well, I still get guys adding me on kik every now again as if my profile doesnt say im straight and i've blocked guys messaging me on here, does my tree in"

How do they know your name to message you on kik?

Oh it's not the nested quotes, I leave them in for context; it's more a chance to fix my typos and wooly syntax. I should of course use the 'preview post' function but I am always in too much of a hurry to get my hilariously pithy anecdotes or gold nuggets of relevent infotainment out into the world so I normally only notice that I'm not making any sense 30 seconds after hitting 'post'. "

You make sense to me.

That's probably not a compliment coming from me, sorry.

Exeter

Oh it's not the nested quotes, I leave them in for context; it's more a chance to fix my typos and wooly syntax. I should of course use the 'preview post' function but I am always in too much of a hurry to get my hilariously pithy anecdotes or gold nuggets of relevent infotainment out into the world so I normally only notice that I'm not making any sense 30 seconds after hitting 'post'.

You make sense to me.

That's probably not a compliment coming from me, sorry."

I wasn't fishing for compliments, but if it's meant as one, I'll take it

» Add a new message to this topic